Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 08-08-2016, 01:08 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
Are you seriously say the Horde is as well represented in Legion?
I'm not saying they're represented well, though they are there to some extent looking past faction leaders.

However, I am saying that part of the problem might be that Blizzard is trying to overcompensate the Alliance because they think it takes far more work to make the Alliance interesting as opposed to the Horde, so they're having more Alliance involvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
All I can read is "Boo I want to play valiant heroes and the Hordes aren't being like that "

But yeah the Horde needs more representatives.

Thing is, I don't think it is gonna happen because what we have now is the WarII Alliance vs WarII Horde.
Well it's not really any different from me or other Alliance players who want the Alliance to be a bit more gritty and morally gray from time to time.

Really, the 'suck it up and deal with it' response doesn't help forward a conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
Horde can't have any temporarily neutral characters to help save the day because Alliance players would start bitching up a storm like they did the last time. Alliance players hate that their characters are always going temporarily neutral but you can be damn sure that they'd prefer that over having to follow a Horde character turned neutral or help a neutral organization that has heavy Horde themes/aesthetics.
I think it depends on what neutral Horde character it is, specifically. People moaned and complained about Thrall mainly because he was formerly the Warchief of the Horde and Blizzard wasn't very good at making him feel like a genuinely neutral character all throughout Cataclysm.

There are Horde races you recruit in you class hall that you can have as bodyguards, such as Ritssyn Flamescowl, Zabra Hexx, Rexxar, and Koltira Deathweaver, which I don't mind at all. I certainly wouldn't mind working temporarily with Horde faction leaders as long as they're not Thrall or Sylvanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insipid_Lobster View Post
Can someone give me the gritty details on what sylv is up to in Stormheim and how it all pans out?
Sylvanas is attempting to make a deal with Helya in order to gain super val'kyr that gives her a limitless supply of Forsaken armies. Genn Greymane comes in by the end of the zone and stops her somehow. We don't know how he stops her because the cinematic isn't out right now but Sylvanas says she underestimated Greymane and that it cost the Forsaken dearly. The issue isn't completely resolved though because she picks back up and says she's going to attempt to hunt for Eyir again.

Sylvanas fans, particularly ones that frequent the SF, say that Sylvanas should have been allowed to have that limitless supply of Forsaken because they argue it would serve as a valuable weapon against the Legion threat. They also say Odyn is a dick anyway for cursing Helya so they have no sympathies for him.

For those of us who disagree with those Sylvanas fans, mainly on here, we don't agree it would have been a good idea because it undermines Odyn's efforts against the Legion. For my part, I think Greymane did the right thing because once the Legion threat is contained, we'll be ending up with a situation where the Forsaken are now the most powerful nation in the lore and that could spell a lot of bad things for Gilneas and the Alliance.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:22 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Weren't they cut off from the rest of the world by some magical influx or extremely unfavorable weather until very recently (the Second War?)? The shal'dorei thought nothing else remained of the world, so there must have been some degree of isolation.
The Nightborne were isolated under their shield dome but that was just Suramar. The rest of the isles weren't cut off, I don't think.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:55 PM

Eternal

The Valkyr won't give Sylvanas limitless numbers of forsaken anyway. Even if she has Valkyr she still needs dead bodies and unless she is going to start raiding the graveyards of other races she is going to run out of suitable ones in Lordaeron pretty quick. Most Lordaeron graveyards would have been cleared out by the Scourge.

Considering how much the Horde races bawk at the idea of Sylvanas raising their dead, it leaves attacking and/or stealing bodies from non Horde sources.

I miss Vol'jin already and he isn't even dead yet on live.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:56 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
The Valkyr won't give Sylvanas limitless numbers of forsaken anyway. Even if she has Valkyr she still needs dead bodies and unless she is going to start raiding the graveyards of other races she is going to run out of suitable ones in Lordaeron pretty quick. Most Lordaeron graveyards would have been cleared out by the Scourge.

Considering how much the Horde races bawk at the idea of Sylvanas raising their dead, it leaves attacking and/or stealing bodies from non Horde sources.

I miss Vol'jin already and he isn't even dead yet on live.
You realize that Vol'Jin would've dragged the Horde into another conflict eventually right? Not even Thrall was immune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:29 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
You realize that Vol'Jin would've dragged the Horde into another conflict eventually right? Not even Thrall was immune.
There is a difference. With Sylvanas it feels blatantly like she is 'screw everything else for my sake'. Vol'jin would actually have to have a borderline compelling reason to need to go to war.

I'm also not sure I trust the judgement of someone who put a Dreadlord in a high position of power.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:32 PM

Elune

Quote:
There is a difference. With Sylvanas it feels blatantly like she is 'screw everything else for my sake'. Vol'jin would actually have to have a borderline compelling reason to need to go to war.

I'm also not sure I trust the judgement of someone who put a Dreadlord in a high position of power.
She made him commit a huge taboo. Is she that different from say a Warlock, or the Illidari?
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:36 PM

Eternal

Quote:
The Question is, would he have been as morally questionable as Sylvanas?
Sure a conflict might have happened but would he have been as moustache twirling evil about it as Queen Bitch?
Old 08-08-2016, 05:40 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedmage View Post
The Question is, would he have been as morally questionable as Sylvanas?
Sure a conflict might have happened but would he have been as moustache twirling evil about it as Queen Bitch?
Alliance being raised as Forsaken seems casual enough to joke about for him, so probably?
Old 08-08-2016, 06:56 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Alliance being raised as Forsaken seems casual enough to joke about for him, so probably?
If your referring to his comments in 5.3 its worth pointing out what the Alliance character says to him first. A better response probably would have been 'if your not here to negotiate help then what are you here wasting my time for?'

Vol'jin is probably one of the most moderate Horde characters which is probably why Blizzard decided he had to go. After all Alliance vs Horde is so important. :/

Which is why the faction presence of this expansion rubs me the wrong way. In one moment they want me to be fearlessly loyal to the horde I shouldn't be spending most of my time hanging out with the Alliance or handing over priceless artefacts I've gone to extreme efforts to collect to characters with Alliance affiliations. It leads to frankly broken moments where my loyalties seasaw from one set of quests to the next. If I'm going to be spending this much time for the Alliance they need to lay off the importance of the Alliance being my supposed enemy/rival.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:53 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Which is why the faction presence of this expansion rubs me the wrong way. In one moment they want me to be fearlessly loyal to the horde I shouldn't be spending most of my time hanging out with the Alliance or handing over priceless artefacts I've gone to extreme efforts to collect to characters with Alliance affiliations. It leads to frankly broken moments where my loyalties seasaw from one set of quests to the next. If I'm going to be spending this much time for the Alliance they need to lay off the importance of the Alliance being my supposed enemy/rival.
Because playable Alliance and playable Horde don't matter.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:06 PM

Banished

I believe in Helya, the Mother Almighty, Creator of Valhalla and Hellheim; and in Sylvanas, Her only Daughter, our Lady: Who was conceived by the Valkyr, born of the Windrunners; suffered under Arthas Menethil, was impaled, died and was buried. She descended into Darkness; the third day she rose again from the dead; She ascended into Undeath, is seated at the right hand of Helya the Mother Almighty; from thence She shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Valkyr, the Maw of Souls, the communion of Apothecaries, the unforgiveness of sins, the raising of the body, and unlife everlasting. Amen
Old 08-08-2016, 10:53 PM

Elune

I got a legendary.

http://i.imgur.com/0rKeTWS.jpg

From a chest after completing my 4 world quests funny enough.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:16 AM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Quote:
I got a legendary.

That is currently the most reliable known source of legendaries.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:32 AM

Elune

Quote:
I got a legendary.

Fury warrior. You're doing it right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:36 AM

Banished

Quote:
Does the Alliance development in Legion make you actually want to play Alliance and interested in where their story goes?
Not especially, though it's still better than the Horde's current situation where playing anything other than Forsaken or Blood Elf feels absolutely retarded and nonsensical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
When's the last time that happened though?

Only example I can think of is Thrall, and EVERYBODY hated Go'el, even Hordies. Most of the Alliance hate came about from "I WILL SMASH VARIAN AND STORMWIND IN THE GABBA M8" rage mode, in an expansion where the Alliance was being smashed at every turn, whilst we're being told how amazing Go'el is, ignore his outburst please.

I don't mind Horde characters saving the neutral day, but I mind it when we're beaten over the head about how it makes the entire Horde completely and utterly morally unreprehensible. If big guy Baine swooped in and saved us from Garrosh, I wouldn't have given a shit. If the Legion cinematic was "patience, and tolerance..." as Vol'jin nods towards Varian I wouldn't have minded nearly so much.

I enjoyed the limited time spent with Airok and Etrigg, and Dranosh was great during the Wrath Gate. Characters like that I enjoy, and don't mind working alongside as an Alliance PC... not because they bend over and cry about how evil they are and deserve spanking, but because they're not high and mighty either, but embody the best aspects of the Horde/Orcs. Honourable, but dedicated and valorous warriors who'd gladly leap in on a whim to save the world... not knee-jerk turn coats who slaughtered Alliance en-mass unapologetically but the story now tells us "You WILL like them, or you're a evil, racist, bigoted, prideful fool, Alliance!"
Pretty much this.

We need MORE Orcs like the Saurfangs, more Trolls like Rokhan, and a few Tauren more like WC3 Cairne or Book Baine.

What we don't need is more fucking Blood Elves and Forsaken, or nameless throwaway "HURR DURR!111"-esque Orcs. The Horde has had enough of that shit to last a lifetime.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:44 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
That is currently the most reliable known source of legendaries.
I know they drop off 5 man dungeons as well, several months back a Mage linked a picture of him getting a legendary from Halls of Valor first boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Not especially, though it's still better than the Horde's current situation where playing anything other than Forsaken or Blood Elf feels absolutely retarded and nonsensical.

Pretty much this.

We need MORE Orcs like the Saurfangs, more Trolls like Rokhan, and a few Tauren more like WC3 Cairne or Book Baine.

What we don't need is more fucking Blood Elves and Forsaken, or nameless throwaway "HURR DURR!111"-esque Orcs. The Horde has had enough of that shit to last a lifetime.
Orcs, Blood Elves, and Forsaken have seen a lot of exposure for quite some time. I think seeing more Darkspear, Tauren, and Goblins (actual Bilgewater) would be refreshing.

Though I certainly don't object to seeing more Orcs either.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:03 AM

Arch-Druid

Warcraft 3 Cairne sat in a hutt and cried when Thrall needed him because he thought his son was dead.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:13 AM

Elune

What song is playing at 22:10? Been trying to find it forever.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-09-2016, 09:44 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTJg9UU24sk

Seems like MoP soundtrack to me

EDIT: listened to some old tracks for half an hour and couldn't find it either. But I'm sure it's old stuff.

Last edited by Krainz; 08-10-2016 at 02:22 PM..
Old 08-10-2016, 04:50 AM

Elune

Shaman class campaign quest involving Muln Earthfury and the earth elementals.

http://imgur.com/a/28NOp

I don't know if I'm going to do the the final campaign, it's already nearing beta release but at least I'll get whatever research notes on the Shaman artifacts that I can until launch.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:17 AM

Eternal

Been looking at how to unlock the Balance of Power skin. It starts with a quest from Kalec who shows up at your order hall. No one is sure what the exact requirements are for him to appear. Then he sends you to Senegos who sends you to get the Heart of Zin-Azshari from mythic Eye of Azshara.

After that you get three quests. One to get 30 blood of sargeras(so save up), another to do mythic Darkheart Thicket and another to purchase an item that requires Honored with Court of Farondis. Then you absorb some power. Afterwards it sends you on two quests to raid Emerald Nightmare. One to get 30 essences. The other to get an eye from Il'gynoth and a horn from Xavius.

No one knows what's after that. I wonder if it's even obtainable at launch or if there's going to be some stuff locked behind Nighthold.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:16 AM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTJg9UU24sk

It is a WoD soundtrack from Assran and Talador it sounds like. I would look in MUS_60 Files titled such...

I'm pretty sure its part of Talador's. I hear it alot when I'm in that zone.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:17 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
It is a WoD soundtrack from Assran and Talador it sounds like. I would look in MUS_60 Files titled such...

I'm pretty sure its part of Talador's. I hear it alot when I'm in that zone.
You will survive the longest as I conquer.
Quote:
Quote:

Tags
chronicle, leg expansion, legion, neutrals for everyone