Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the patch order be?
Tomb of Sargeras then Argus 15 65.22%
Argus then Tomb of Sargeras 1 4.35%
Something else 7 30.43%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2016, 08:59 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Default Legion patch order

So, I saw this argument happening in the Legion sticky and decided to make an actual poll about it.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:15 PM

Elune

Tomb and then Argus seems like it to me, since I have to wonder how we'd get to Argus first. Tomb's a gateway right to Argus after all, isn't it?
Old 10-25-2016, 09:23 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

My money's on there being some kind of twist patch no one saw coming.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:29 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Tomb and then Argus seems like it to me, since I have to wonder how we'd get to Argus first. Tomb's a gateway right to Argus after all, isn't it?
If Illidan has the seal of argus they could use the Keystone to make a gateway from Outland.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:30 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Yoggy View Post
If Illidan has the seal of argus they could use the Keystone to make a gateway from Outland.
True.

Unrelated, but I noticed that one of the artifact displays in the Mage order hall has the Kirin Tor-Aluneth variant now. Not sure if its always been there. I feel like its taunting me. I need it...

Old 10-26-2016, 06:32 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellick View Post
my money's on there being some kind of twist patch no one saw coming.
7.0 the legion invades
7.1 fuck up the legion's plans some more
7.2 let's kick some troll ass
7.3 look guys more demons kill 'em

Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:34 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

If we get ToS and Argus, I expect them to be part of the same raid.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:36 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
7.0 the legion invades
7.1 fuck up the legion's plans some more
7.2 let's kick some troll ass
7.3 look guys more demons kill 'em
Yeah, something like BC's "Ha Ha! Time to kill some Trolls!", Wrath's ToC, that kind of thing.

We've heard that obtaining Zul'thraze has been made into a feat of strength, and while that could mean a patch specifically to deal with Trolls, it could also be that Blizzard intends to make some kind of half-patch, in which the Legion tries to counter Azeroth's progress by gaining a foothold and revamping a few old dungeons to a mythic difficulty.

So you'd have the playable factions making advances against the Legion, then gets pushed back, so we don't have the impression that the playable factions are making major headway all the time.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:39 AM

Eternal

I wonder if the ToS and Argus won't be in the same raid, like half the raid is the tomb, then portal, then half is on Argus.

I'm not saying I want that, but I can see it happening.

If not, tomb will definitely be first. As for getting to Argus, the Illidari have their keystone and the draenei have the Exodar which Velen has ordered to get ready for invasion.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:09 AM

Warden

Attacking Argus, in any capacity, is really really stupid. Azeroth barely held together under a proper Legion invasion, assaulting a Legion stronghold, home of the Legion's current active commander, by opening a portal on Azeroth, is an act of stupidity so absurd it warrants a Darwin Award.

"Hey guys, we just put a stopper on the Burning Legion's push onto our world. Now what?"

"Let's open the portal we were trying to close from the start and establish a direct connection to the Legion's most prominent seat of power!"
Old 10-26-2016, 08:12 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Azeroth did fine during the legion invasion. it was a very minor one. we lost one battle and won like 60 battles.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 10-26-2016, 08:29 AM

Elune

The portal in the middle of the Tomb goes to Argus. I think Argus will be an Isle of Thunder-system zone where we have to fight to unlock things. The real question is who would be the baddies we have to fight in a Tomb raid. I'm not sure.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:33 AM

Naisha should be a ToS boss.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:38 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Naisha should be a ToS boss.

Let her Rest, ffs Nazja!
Old 10-26-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Let her Rest, ffs Nazja!
No rest for the wicked.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:06 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
No rest for the wicked.
Hush
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:17 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post
Attacking Argus, in any capacity, is really really stupid. Azeroth barely held together under a proper Legion invasion, assaulting a Legion stronghold, home of the Legion's current active commander, by opening a portal on Azeroth, is an act of stupidity so absurd it warrants a Darwin Award.

"Hey guys, we just put a stopper on the Burning Legion's push onto our world. Now what?"

"Let's open the portal we were trying to close from the start and establish a direct connection to the Legion's most prominent seat of power!"
The army of light is fighting the legion on Argus. Depending on how things play out (using the keystone) they may be able to hook up with the army of light to launch an attack on Kil'jaeden.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:34 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Yoggy View Post
The army of light is fighting the legion on Argus. Depending on how things play out (using the keystone) they may be able to hook up with the army of light to launch an attack on Kil'jaeden.
I see KJ as being the last boss of Argus with the Avatar of Sargy being the Mythic boss.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:43 AM

Eternal

Tomb then Argus is really the only way it makes sense. We need to secure the portal to there first.

Medivh also says a quote at the end of the Karazhan dungeon how it's easier to shut a door than pass through it and sometimes a step into the unkown is required. Which reminds me of how Illidan says to follow him into the abyss. So rather than shut the Tomb of Sargeras we go through it.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:55 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post

I really don't mind the last patch being Argus as long as the end result is us getting completely crushed into the dirt and left with no choice but to retreat to Azeroth.

Which I'm starting to think will happen. It's nigh-time we actually lost to an expansion boss. The loot can be getting new weapons and armor made for us to continue the fight another time.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:23 PM

Elune

An effort to rescue the Army of Light, and allow them to evacuate to Azeroth before the full might of the legion comes down on either them or the portal.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:42 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

I have a weird feeling that we're going to get a little bit of Old God content as a reprieve between heavy demon shit. I think we're going to see Ny'alotha, have N'zoth make his first appearance, deal with him, THEN close the tomb of Sargeras and go to Argus.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:59 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I have a weird feeling that we're going to get a little bit of Old God content as a reprieve between heavy demon shit. I think we're going to see Ny'alotha, have N'zoth make his first appearance, deal with him, THEN close the tomb of Sargeras and go to Argus.
I have a feeling that we are going to get a Troll patch where Voljn returns. I have a feeling that part of Sylvanas deal involves Voljin.. And I think that Voljin was called "Fel Corrupted" by Gul'dan is why he let his body die.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:22 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Nah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:42 PM

Elune

Quote:
Disagree.

Quote:
Wanderer! Have you come to save your soul? It will soon be upon us! The second coming! Deathwing is returning, and Azeroth will be destroyed. We must be prepared for the ocean to swallow the world!

Deathwing? You mean the Burning Legion?

The Burning Legion? Hah! They are naught but a sign. Listen to my sermon.

... Okay?

And so I declare, Deathwing has not been defeated. He lays in wait for Azeroth's distraction. Soon he will return, flying over the world and spreading his destruction. Surely, you may think, the Alliance and Horde will take him down with their great airships. But his body will cause the earth to shake, and the oceans will rise up to swallow us all. But the Prepfoot..we know! We have seen the future and will prepare until the time comes. We shall survive...nay, thrive!
It points to Cata 2.0 for the next expansion. If I recall correct the whirlpool in Stranglethorn Vale was filled in briefly during one of the PTRs.

I also point you to this and this.

Last edited by Mertico; 10-26-2016 at 02:45 PM..

Tags
leg expansion, legion, patches, sargeras