Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 03-29-2009, 07:19 AM

Eternal

Default Warcraft in 30 Years - Community Project

Well guys, this is something I came up with from LordArreat15 and Wabbajack's posts in the Warcraft IV thread. I realize we've done something similar a couple years ago, but this is supposed to be more thorough and, since we have such an active WC3 Map Editor community, we can even create a campaign for this if we work hard. So here it goes:

Let's fast forward 30 years inside the Warcraft Universe. What is the state of the Alliance and the Horde? Have any races split off? What could threaten Azeroth (or Outland) now that could warrant a new game?

Here I leave some of my ideas and I hope to see other arguments and suggestions:

- The Blood Elves, having gotten cured of their magical addiction and finally fixed their government, split off from the Horde and become a neutral faction. The High Elves, seeing they have returned to their purer roots, rejoin them. The resulting race shouldn't be called Blood or High Elves, but some new name that reflects they are the new and improved version that rose forth after a period of such division and strife.

- It has been said that the gnolls could become a terrifying force if someone could rally them together and stop them from killing eachother due to stupid quarrels. What if such a gnoll has come forth in these 30 years?

- What happened after the Lich King was defeated? I propose that, while Arthas died, the Eternal spirit of the Lich King endured and, leaving Azeroth, created another plane of existence for itself and the Scourge. Something planet-sized or probably even shorter.

- The Forsaken, by this time I think they would've all become like Shadow Ascendants. Are they still with the Horde? Are their ranks still growing? If so, how?

- Since by this time, the denizens of Azeroth must have kicked the posteriors of the Old Gods, the Scourge and the Burning Legion, there is need for a new enemy. What I propose is a mortal empire from another planet arriving on Azeroth, not with some outright evil intent but rather conflict of interests between them and the Azerothiens, so they can clearly be the antagonists but still have a reasonable explanation for their invasion rather than "We're evil!".

What do you think?
Old 03-29-2009, 07:30 AM

Arch-Druid

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

Maybe finaly start to wonder why they didn't hear anything from Alganon and pay Azeroth a visit?

Another idea I have is that Moira's and Dagran's child could have united all Dwarves under one big empire, but for that it would need to be placed maybe 40-50 years instead of 30 years in the future^^
Old 03-29-2009, 07:42 AM

Elune

Why would the Blood elves depart from the Horde? After Sha'tar, Alliance and the Horde helped them so much, and didn't look down on them as the Alliance did, why would they become neutral?
Old 03-29-2009, 08:00 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Why would the Blood elves depart from the Horde? After Sha'tar, Alliance and the Horde helped them so much, and didn't look down on them as the Alliance did, why would they become neutral?
It's not just the Blood Elves leaving the Horde, it's also the High Elves leaving the Alliance. As their races starts to become united again, they'd realize that they can't belong to both the Alliance and the Horde, thus they'd become neutral and serve the Sha'tar, like the Scryers.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:33 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

I could see Draenei reclaiming Argus after Legion's downfall. The host of their forces would move out there and perhaps form new Council of Three, you know - new three mages to rule their people. Or, this time it would be completely new council - one priest/mage (Velen), one paladin (Marrad? or whoever ) and one shaman (Nobundo?). With help of the Night Elves and Cenarion Circle, they revigorate the Argus with life once again, making it suitable to all the mortal races.

You know what would be hilarious? If someone somehow (Elune, Titans?) undone damage done to Draenor and make it one once again. With the reforged Draenor back in place, host of Orcish forces could back there too. And Akama would be able to rule the Temple of Karabor as long as it's possible.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:13 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarthat View Post
I could see Draenei reclaiming Argus after Legion's downfall.

I don't think that 30 years is enough time to say the Legion has been defeated. I mean, after they were beaten back during the WotA, they took like 9,500 years to regroup and then attacked Aegwynn. And according to TLG, it was something like another 225 years before she birthed Medivh.

The Legion didn't re-invade until WC3, which was around 60 years after Medivh's birth. Then, it was a further 5 years until Kil'Jaeden was summoned at the Sunwell.

The Legion will likely never be truly defeated, though they may give up on Azeroth for a little while...which to them could be another 10,000 years.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:28 AM

Eternal

Read Wulfang's premise. We assume Legion has been defeated in WoW.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:33 AM

Elune

I read it. I'm just saying that I'd be very disappointed in Blizzard if they decided that we should face off against Kil'Jaeden, Sargeras, and some random new Legion heads in some future raid and have us kill them and finish off the Legion. I feel that that wouldn't be the proper course to take.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:29 AM

Eternal

Well, I must agree with you, although I fear this is the course WoW is taking. In several sources Blizz' guys said Sargeras would be like the final boss of whole of WoW. I admit, it was somewhat off-handedly and joke-y, but I'd take this joke as the same sort as the one about killing Mal'Ganis.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:31 PM

Elune

True that. But I won't be leaving WoW for a while yet. Not as long as I can sling my arcane magics and deal justice to wrong doers as my mighty blue skinned mage.

Draneredar retcon aside...I love my draenei.

Thread derail accomplished.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:37 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
I could see Draenei reclaiming Argus after Legion's downfall. The host of their forces would move out there and perhaps form new Council of Three, you know - new three mages to rule their people. Or, this time it would be completely new council - one priest/mage (Velen), one paladin (Marrad? or whoever ) and one shaman (Nobundo?). With help of the Night Elves and Cenarion Circle, they revigorate the Argus with life once again, making it suitable to all the mortal races.

You know what would be hilarious? If someone somehow (Elune, Titans?) undone damage done to Draenor and make it one once again. With the reforged Draenor back in place, host of Orcish forces could back there too. And Akama would be able to rule the Temple of Karabor as long as it's possible.
The Eredar consumed Argus for it's magical powers mate. How can they reclaim a world that is dead and gone?
Old 03-29-2009, 12:45 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzuki View Post
The Eredar consumed Argus for it's magical powers mate. How can they reclaim a world that is dead and gone?
Well, I don't want to feed Gurtroll, so I won't be jumping to conclusions, but as far I remember, there was something unclear to it.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:58 PM

Eternal

I agree that many Blood Elves and High Elves will reunite.
I also believe that one group of Blood Elves led by Liardin (cant remember the exact name) will stay with the Sha'tar/Army of Light alongside the Scryers.
Then Rommath suggests that they should stay with the Forsaken and leave the Horde together with them to become the third superpower of Azeroth. Rommath becomes a Lich and those who doesnt want to join leaves to try to join the Alliance or Dalaran.'
They will be called Sun Elves, Rising up like the Sun and a Phoenix.

Nah, I think the Gnoll idea is rather silly. They are way spread out, not very intelligent and I just cant see that happening.
With all the "Kill 100 Gnoll" quests I guess there numbers would be rather low too
The people of Azeroth would never allow them to unite.

The Scourge is probably totally gone and the Forsaken will do something bad and become Scourge 2.0
I suppose the Forsaken would take over many of the Scourge operations in Northrend and their Kingdom would expand there.
I believe that many Scourge rememnants could have joined the Forsaken in some way.

I think the Forsaken would be the main enemy with their kingdom strecthing from Lordaeron to much of Northrend.
They would be the most powerful nation but there will defintly be a new conflict between Alliance and Horde if Garrosh becomes Warchief.

edit: I always imagined Argus as the capital world of the Legion. I think of it has an shattered, half world. In the Zerg trailer a broken planet makes me think of Argus.
I dont think its habitable anymore and Draenei quests in WoW already says that they consider Azeroth their new home and that they will stay there. They have probably grew a to strong bond to Azeroth by then and will probably not want to move again.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:05 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLore View Post
I agree that many Blood Elves and High Elves will reunite.
I also believe that one group of Blood Elves led by Liardin (cant remember the exact name) will stay with the Sha'tar/Army of Light alongside the Scryers.
Then Rommath suggests that they should stay with the Forsaken and leave the Horde together with them to become the third superpower of Azeroth. Rommath becomes a Lich and those who doesnt want to join leaves to try to join the Alliance or Dalaran.'
They will be called Sun Elves, Rising up like the Sun and a Phoenix.

Nah, I think the Gnoll idea is rather silly. They are way spread out, not very intelligent and I just cant see that happening.
With all the "Kill 100 Gnoll" quests I guess there numbers would be rather low too

The Scourge is probably totally gone and the Forsaken will do something bad and become Scourge 2.0
I suppose the Forsaken would take over many of the Scourge operations in Northrend and their Kingdom would expand there.
I believe that many Scourge rememnants could have joined the Forsaken in some way.

I think the Forsaken would be the main enemy with their kingdom strecthing from Lordaeron to much of Northrend.
They would be the most powerful nation but there will defintly be a new conflict between Alliance and Horde if Garrosh becomes Warchief.

edit: I always imagined Argus as the capital world of the Legion. I think of it has an shattered, half world. In the Zerg trailer a broken planet makes me think of Argus.
I dont think its habitable anymore and Draenei quests in WoW already says that they consider Azeroth their new home and that they will stay there. They have probably grew a to strong bond to Azeroth by then and will probably not want to move again.
You've got your own WC4, shoo!
Old 03-29-2009, 01:11 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLore View Post
Well, the one to unite the Gnolls doesn't have to necessarily be a Gnoll. It would be interesting if they were simply enslaved and used as 'dogs' basically for combat and other purposes. The person in charge of such a force would be pretty fearsome, and I could see Gnoll 'training' Kennels springing up in the future.

Quote:
Well, I don't want to feed Gurtroll, so I won't be jumping to conclusions, but as far I remember, there was something unclear to it.
Funny kid. I think Vindicator Maraad has actually single handily reclaimed Argus and made it uncorrupted again. What's your opinion on that?
Old 03-29-2009, 01:45 PM

Eternal

I think I know what was wrong with Argus. It was mentioned as the headquarters in that (in)famous "expansion breakdown" with all those weird things, like Elemental Plane and Emerald Dream in one expansion, and numerous times mentioned in WoWWiki as such. Well, now aside from the coolness factor (which seems to be the driving factor of basically ANY game), it have no right to exist.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:49 PM

Chimaera

I like the idea Wulfang, though I was more thinking of one big SoL warcraft universe fanfic that all the members here contributed in some way, new heroes, villains, races, plots, events, death, births etc etc etc......

The Forsaken I would think that after the Lich King most of the forsaken sort of fell into a depression, no sense of direction, goals, some killed themselves to end their undead torment, forsaken had splinted off in creating new organizations etc etc... The Royal Apothecary Society are now working to cure the land of Lordaeron with other holy orders to redeem themselves. The forsaken and the Ebon Blade have move to Northrend leaving Lordaeron for humanity to reclaim.

The elves returning to their old behaviors, some left for Outland to create a new home. The Wretched have be cured of their thirst, one of the Windrunners or Theron as the elves new king/queen.

Maybe add a Salandria plot?
The neo Hogger of WC4?
Old 03-29-2009, 01:57 PM

Arch-Druid

What about the this idea: Moria will give birth to non-identical twins, the son will be king of Ironforge and the daughter Empress of Blackrock?^^
Old 03-29-2009, 02:05 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post
What about the this idea: Moria will give birth to non-identical twins, the son will be king of Ironforge and the daughter Empress of Blackrock?^^
I prefer the opposite.

I would rather have Moria still have one son who'll united the Dwarven clans among the Frostborn, Irons, and Earthen who'll on latter fall for the daughter of the Wildhammer thane. Thats my idea for him.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:35 PM

Eternal

All I have to say is:

Gurtogg: I love the "Gnoll Kennel" idea.

Xarthat: I don't expect the Legion to be destroyed in 30 years, just that they're building their forces instead of focusing directly on conquering Azeroth now.

Wabbajack: I'd think it more logical that Moira's kid unites the Bronzebeard and Dark Iron nations. Ragnaros has been banished back to the Elemental Plane (c'mon, he's an Eternal, he surely didn't die in Molten Core) and the Dark Irons are now free from his influence, and I see in this kid the chance to reunite the dwarven races under one standard again.

LordArreat15: I'd aso get on that fan fiction idea! Create a thread for it and we'll go.

RobLore: Why would Rommath become a lich? Why the heck do you want the Forsaken to become Scourge 2.0? Get original.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:39 PM

Arch-Druid

I didn't say the twins wouldn't unite the dwarves, I just couldn't decide wether Moria will get a son or a daughter and thought that twins would be interesting^^
Old 03-29-2009, 03:00 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
Well, the one to unite the Gnolls doesn't have to necessarily be a Gnoll. It would be interesting if they were simply enslaved and used as 'dogs' basically for combat and other purposes. The person in charge of such a force would be pretty fearsome, and I could see Gnoll 'training' Kennels springing up in the future.
Well I always thought the Goblins had the potential to become an overseas Empire akin to the British, so one Trade prince could ensalve the Gnolls and use them as cannon fodder.
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 03-29-2009, 03:46 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfang View Post
Wabbajack: I'd think it more logical that Moira's kid unites the Bronzebeard and Dark Iron nations. Ragnaros has been banished back to the Elemental Plane (c'mon, he's an Eternal, he surely didn't die in Molten Core) and the Dark Irons are now free from his influence, and I see in this kid the chance to reunite the dwarven races under one standard again.
I think the figure with the most potential to unite the Dwarven clans would be Thargas. He's the last Anvilmar, and the last of the line of rightful rulers of all Dwarven Kind before the split.

If anything, I see the child(ren) of Moira hating the Ironforge Dwarves. They were either directly or indirectly responsible for his/her/their fathers death, after all. There is potential in my mind for them to be a powerful new leader though, perhaps taking the Dark Iron and any renegade Bronzebeards they can muster to form new alliances with other races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
Well I always thought the Goblins had the potential to become an overseas Empire akin to the British, so one Trade prince could ensalve the Gnolls and use them as cannon fodder.
Mindless, brute muscle perfect to compliment the large minds but small frames of the goblins. Goblin Alchemists could swithc from Ogres to Gnolls if their enslavement and availability increased.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:18 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

"Warcraft in 30 Years - Community Project"

I wonder which community shall embark on this project in future Azeroth.

This sounds like a pretty cool fanfic. Wanna give a description for the listing?

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:32 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
I think the figure with the most potential to unite the Dwarven clans would be Thargas. He's the last Anvilmar, and the last of the line of rightful rulers of all Dwarven Kind before the split.

If anything, I see the child(ren) of Moira hating the Ironforge Dwarves. They were either directly or indirectly responsible for his/her/their fathers death, after all. There is potential in my mind for them to be a powerful new leader though, perhaps taking the Dark Iron and any renegade Bronzebeards they can muster to form new alliances with other races.
Well, I can see another succession war coming. Between the Anvilmar dinasty reclaiming the throne or Moira's kid. A new and rejuvenated dwarven empire could rise from this.

Quote:
Mindless, brute muscle perfect to compliment the large minds but small frames of the goblins. Goblin Alchemists could swithc from Ogres to Gnolls if their enslavement and availability increased.
Splendid idea. I can actually see some ruthless Trade Prince creating these Gnoll Kennels. That'd be an interesting development.