Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 09-07-2017, 11:16 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 14,809

Cool FftD: 224

You have ridden several miles and have seen no sign of refugees or of the enemy. You race on towards a high ridge in the middle distance. You should be able to see the capital from there.

As you reach the peak, the sight that meets you on the far side is one of hope—but there is still one challenge you know you have to face.

Turn to 153.

Heal +1
Endurance: 15/29
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 09-07-2017, 11:16 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 14,809

Alliance Flag FftD: 153

Before you are the tall grey-white walls and glimmering spires of Holmgard, the city’s banners fluttering from the battlements in the fresh morning breeze. Stretching out towards the west, the River Eledil traces its course from the mountains of the Durncrag Range to the Holmgulf. But below the mountain peaks you can see a vast black army marching relentlessly on towards the capital.



To your right you can see the highway heading off over the rolling plain towards Holmgard. At a gallop you could make the outer fieldworks of the city’s defences in less than an hour, but you would be in the open for most of the time and vulnerable to attack by Kraan. Directly ahead of you, a wide river drifts sluggishly towards the Eledil. If you abandoned your horse, you could swim towards the outer defences under cover of the river banks. Or there is a final alternative. To your left lies the Graveyard of the Ancients. These tombs and crumbling monuments to a forgotten age would conceal your approach but it is a forbidden area. Many are the unnamed horrors that lie there in restless sleep, waiting to consume the unwary trespasser.

If you will try your luck by the highway, turn to 202.

If you feel that you stand a better chance of reaching the capital via the river then turn to 135.

Or if you are brave enough to risk the unknown perils of the Graveyard of the Ancients, turn to 329.


Heal +1
Endurance: 16/29
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 09-08-2017, 12:11 AM
Arbourean Arbourean is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Arbourean's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 541

Default

A Disciple of the Kai skulking? Trespassing through a place of hallowed rest?
Garth does not shirk from the teeming hordes, rather they shy away from him. Nay, Garth takes the high road to the gates.
__________________
"Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs."
Charles James Napier
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 09-08-2017, 08:57 AM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 17,727

Orb of Lightning

Full speed ahead down the open road!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 09-08-2017, 09:33 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 14,809

Unhappy FftD: 202

Urging your horse forward, you gallop down the long stretch of highway towards the capital. After only a few minutes your horse suddenly slows and finally limps to a halt. You dismount and examine its raised right foreleg. You curse your ill luck, for you see that it has thrown a shoe and injured its hoof quite badly. You will have to leave him here and proceed on foot as quickly as you can.

Turn to 58.

Heal +1
Endurance: 17/29
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 09-08-2017, 09:33 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 14,809

Slow FftD: 58

Bracing yourself for the run, you head off down the ridge at a steady pace. To the west, the army of the Darklords looks like a giant pot of black ink that has been spilled between the mountains and is spreading into the land below.

You have been running for twenty minutes when you catch sight of a pack of Doomwolves lining a shallow ridge to your right.

If you decide to flatten yourself against the rocks along the side of the road and wait until they pass, turn to 251.

If you decide to carry on running, but draw your weapon just in case they attack, turn to 160.


Heal +1
Endurance: 18/29
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 09-12-2017, 09:18 AM
Arbourean Arbourean is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Arbourean's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 541

Default

Onward with weapons drawn. The gates must be reached posthaste.
__________________
"Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs."
Charles James Napier
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 09-12-2017, 09:56 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 14,809

Arrow FftD: 160

Pick a number from the Random Number Table.

If it is 0–4, you have been seen. Turn to 286.

If it is 5–9, they do not spot you and they slowly file away along the far side of the ridge. Turn to 10.


::rolling for destiny:: 2

Heal +1
Endurance: 19/29
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 09-12-2017, 09:56 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 14,809

Thumbs down FftD: 286

Messengers of death—and ones eager to deliver their news—the Doomwolves surround and then attack you. Valiantly you fight, but it is to no avail for there are too many of them.

As your life’s blood seeps away and eternal dark approaches, the last sight you remember is the glint of sunlight on the spires of Holmgard.

You have failed in your mission.



But anyway, thanks for a little bit of fun! Special thanks to Arbourean and Anansi for giving material.

https://www.projectaon.org
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 09-12-2017, 02:39 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 17,727

Orb of Lightning

Stupid destiny.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
choose your own adventure, storytelling

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.