Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > Overwatch Discussion

Old 06-11-2017, 08:33 AM

Banished

So in the end (won't have a chance to play again before event is over) I had to buy Sym's skin. Got every other one with the exception of 76s (which I did want ) and DVAs+Meis (couldn't care less about either)

Had to buy a few voice lines and sprays (I like collecting these, can't help it) I hadn't got lucky with.

Dance wise I got a reasonable few via drops. I bought Torbs, McCrees and Zen's. No credits left for any of the others I missed, which annoys me immensely, they should of been 250 same as every other emote.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:34 AM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Gonna have a chance to play today and tomorrow(I think tomorrow is last day) I the most recent skin I got was Bee Mei and still need a ton more lol
They should go ahead and extend this IMO or do this type of thing more often. Im afraid to spend credits because I have a feeling the Lunar Colony event is gonna have some skins come with it
Old 06-11-2017, 10:57 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Reaper is fun as fuck but I feel like playing him is very detrimental when the enemy team has a Roadhog and Pharah+Mercy since he can't really do much against either of them.

And sadly that tends to be like 70% of the teams I end up coming up against, so Soldier: 76 is the hero I have way more hours spent playing than Reaper.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:47 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Reaper is fun as fuck but I feel like playing him is very detrimental when the enemy team has a Roadhog and Pharah+Mercy since he can't really do much against either of them.

And sadly that tends to be like 70% of the teams I end up coming up against, so Soldier: 76 is the hero I have way more hours spent playing than Reaper.
Yeah this pretty much sums up the Meta right now. Almost every team has Pharah and Mercy, and Roadhog is picked almost every map, especially with a primary tank.

It's boring as fuck, and the sooner they nerf PharMercy the better.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:59 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
What was it?
Looks like the owner deleted it cause it was a reupload that took views away from the original upload by Anjali Bhimani(Symmetra's VA).

Old 06-11-2017, 07:16 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Well that was cute. Sad about the folks missing but I cant exactly blame nor judge em.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:38 PM

Arch-Druid

Of the missing people the only one that really does anything with the community is Darin De Paul(Reinhardt).

The rest we can only presume are too busy, camera-shy, or treat it as nothing more than a paycheck, which of course you can't blame them for.

It's a pretty safe bet though that once it becomes official that Terry Crews will be as involved with the fans as Mercer, Bhimani, and Cruz are.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:52 PM

Elune

Blizzard needs to speed up the hero release.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:09 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Blizzard needs to speed up the hero release.
Part of me really wonders how this is going to play out. The new map has been on the PTR for a week now and has been well received and outside of some complaints about the middle point being difficult on attack, issue free. While we have hints there might be this new Hammond character, it could just be a lore thing. No hint at a new PVE Lore event, even though it's desperately needed after the anniversary and the map is completely set up for it. Hammond hasn't even been revealed/up on the PTR. I can't see them releasing the new map and then adding the new hero later. Either we see a new hero revealed today and it goes up on the PTR with an event following 2 weeks from now or it's not going to happen. It seems like a terrible choice for them to hint and seed stuff during the anniversary shit storm as a distraction only to then further let people down. But then I realize this is Blizzard we are talking about and succeeding while absolutely wasting opportunities for greatness is kind of their thing.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:32 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Part of me really wonders how this is going to play out. The new map has been on the PTR for a week now and has been well received and outside of some complaints about the middle point being difficult on attack, issue free. While we have hints there might be this new Hammond character, it could just be a lore thing. No hint at a new PVE Lore event, even though it's desperately needed after the anniversary and the map is completely set up for it. Hammond hasn't even been revealed/up on the PTR. I can't see them releasing the new map and then adding the new hero later. Either we see a new hero revealed today and it goes up on the PTR with an event following 2 weeks from now or it's not going to happen. It seems like a terrible choice for them to hint and seed stuff during the anniversary shit storm as a distraction only to then further let people down. But then I realize this is Blizzard we are talking about and succeeding while absolutely wasting opportunities for greatness is kind of their thing.
And can Overwatch survive as it is with maybe two decent events a year? I don't think so. They need to use it or lose it.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:55 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
And can Overwatch survive as it is with maybe two decent events a year? I don't think so. They need to use it or lose it.
Well they said 4 events a year due to player event fatigue. I'm guessing we will still see the original ones from this year recycled with minor updates like new lootboxes etc. It's still depressing. New heroes are slow to release too but you can't fault them for that given the community and game balance.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:58 AM

Elune

Grinded my ass off during this event and the only legendary skin I got was Pharah's I think. (And I rarely play her, so mehhh.)

Ah well, in hindsight I kinda wish Soldier had a skin that's a combination of Jack Morrison and older Soldier. A long trenchcoat combined with the visor would look badass.

Hope the new patch is today, tired of dealing with Roadhog's shit!
Old 06-13-2017, 10:42 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

This event left a sour taste in my mouth few skins were nice so to speak they need to stop Givin tracer skins she got like 4-5 skins at the summer event
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 06-13-2017, 11:21 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Well they said 4 events a year due to player event fatigue. I'm guessing we will still see the original ones from this year recycled with minor updates like new lootboxes etc. It's still depressing. New heroes are slow to release too but you can't fault them for that given the community and game balance.
The new map drops next Tuesday so they need to put out the hero pretty soon.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:34 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
This event left a sour taste in my mouth few skins were nice so to speak they need to stop Givin tracer skins she got like 4-5 skins at the summer event
She's the mascot. It's standard for the mascot to get the most love/appearance-altering shit in any game.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:51 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorenec View Post
She's the mascot. It's standard for the mascot to get the most love/appearance-altering shit in any game.
Exactly. it's like being upset that Mickey's everywhere at Disney World.

The good news is that when the events roll around again, she won't be getting any more legendary skins.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:24 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
Exactly. it's like being upset that Mickey's everywhere at Disney World.

The good news is that when the events roll around again, she won't be getting any more legendary skins.
I enjoy playing tracer but god damn that skin was so bad I just felt no need to buy it. I got about 15 levels or so and got 1 legendary out of those boxes last night and it was the Lucio skin I already bought ,oh well.
I have been playing a lot of Mercy in comp as of later to and really enjoying it the only downside is people def dont protect her lol
Old 06-13-2017, 01:58 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Said the Tracer skin was garbage and whaddya know, the very next box contains the cockney graffiti punk. Otherwise I got fairly lucky on skins. Got 76, Genji, and Pharah from boxes. Bought Lucio with coins on the last day. Only wish I was able to get D.Va too, but not enough currency . Got a few of the dance emotes too.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:04 PM

Arch-Druid

Never rely on your team for protection. I don't even always do it with people I'm on voice with that I've been playing shooters with for years and I know are good players.

Watch your positioning and hang around near cover, corners, and little alcoves. Keep track of where your team is and fly toward whoever is safest. Widow and Hanzo are almost always a good bet. The best Widows/Hanzos will try to keep track of where their Mercy is and stay in LOS of her so she has an escape route.

Don't be afraid to sit somewhere safe while you regen health and the rest of your team dies. You are more important than them. Don't be afraid to solo rez if you're about to die or as soon as you hear ryujin no ken o kure because it's almost a guarantee he's coming right for your ass. That brief moment of invuln can save you and the match. Mercy's ult charges fast, and it can be silly to hold onto it waiting for that perfect moment.

If all else, pull out that pistol. It's one of the most accurate weapons in the game and has one of the fastest reloads at 1 second, making her better at 1v1 than you'd think. Most people will charge in a straight line at Mercy thinking her an easy kill. Four headshots will kill Tracer and five will kill anybody armor/shieldless that's not a tank, Bastion, or Reaper. Worst case scenario you soften them up for your team or make them fuck off. If you want to, sit in the training room for a few hours practicing on those guys in the back that move around and go in and out of cover. There's no shame in doing that.

Last edited by Yorenec; 06-13-2017 at 02:09 PM..
Old 06-14-2017, 07:05 AM

Arch-Druid

I think I got much better at the game. Still few heroes to get used to. Overall I put up a good fight in 1v1 with good hero understanding. My most and well played are Soldier: 76, Symmetra, Mercy, Roadhog, Junkrat, D.Va, Orisa and Hanzo (community seems divided about this hero, but I usually perform up to a standard I like to believe). I dont get the chance to play DPS heroes, so gotta tank often. Really dont have much time to practice, real life is pretty damn busy.

Anyways, my first event. I didnt even know how this stuff works, so after I realised that certain items wont be available after, I got sad that my legends where usual ones.

I didnt buy boxes, everything gotten with just leveling. At level 30 I got Sentai Genji, Bedouin Pharah, Cruiser DVa and other non-event legends. Also got 2,5k gold and no legend dupes fortunately.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:29 PM

Elune

I'm a Soldier main, but I've found it wise to take interest in playing at least one or two characters of each of the four roles when the situation calls for it. So on more defense maps when nobody picks a tank, I'll usually go Reinhardt, or if someone picks D.Va and Roadhog (happens quite often) then I'll pick Torbjorn. On attack maps I'll usually pick Roadhog if we have enough Offense unless we're getting royally fucked on pushing the node, then I'll go Reinhardt for that as well. I actually rarely have moments where I have to play a support surprisingly, likely due to the popularity of Pharah+Mercy, but I like picking Zenyatta or Lucio to have those troll moments.

I really want to play Reaper more but Roadhog just feels like a much more superior flanker with his obscene health and one-shot mechanic for the moment.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:12 AM

Sentinel Queen

On Monday played some very interesting comps with a group of friends in CM. I played mostly Mercy but we played an attack Torb/Junk, attack Mei/Hanzo/Sym and we won all those games.The fact that we communicated the entire time kept the games in check and made the experience so much better
Old 06-19-2017, 03:09 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

playing OW is painful when the game disconnects you after 2 games -.-
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 06-19-2017, 03:25 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
playing OW is painful when the game disconnects you after 2 games -.-
Probably packet loss/screwy protocols. I used to have that before I did a tear-down of my Win10 net settings. Now it's only when I pull too much bandwidth from other sources (e.g. Youtube/Discord).

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:07 AM

Elune

New map today.

Tags
blizzard tf2, general thread