Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > Diablo Discussion

Old 06-08-2017, 06:23 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Default Help with the Diablo 1 game

I always find the game becomes very hard when you get into the cave (level 9-12) since the area becomes very open and it's easy to be attacked by many monsters, including ranged ones. I passed it as a warrior years a go. As a rogue what would be the best way to handle that?

Also should rogue spend points on magic?
Old 06-09-2017, 08:57 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Ok I beat Diablo, Rogue is quite good at handling situation, just need to be careful with the horn monsters and the hell knights.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:38 AM

Echo of the Past

I managed with a Warrior and a Rogue, but man I didn't have patience with the Sorceror.

I seem to recall firing a few lightning bolts, then having to resort to hitting monsters with my stick. What, was I supposed to return to town and recharge after a few magic zaps, every single time? I wasn't going to wait through all of those loading screens!
Old 06-20-2017, 10:36 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I managed with a Warrior and a Rogue, but man I didn't have patience with the Sorceror.

I seem to recall firing a few lightning bolts, then having to resort to hitting monsters with my stick. What, was I supposed to return to town and recharge after a few magic zaps, every single time? I wasn't going to wait through all of those loading screens!
Warrior and Rogue didn't have much mana. But Sorcerer got tons of magic to abuse, I could image how badass would the sorcerer be in later stage.

I always feel haunted when I touch the game, since it was so dark and scary, plus all 3 heroes had terrible ending in D2 and the entire town was destroyed by demons.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:41 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post

Sorceror is the polar opposite of the warrior. Warrior starts having it very easy but really starts to struggle at higher levels on Hell difficulty.
That's where the sorceror shines. By that point the class has turned into a walking WMD.

Rogue was fun too. If you do it right, you can get her up to 100% block chance, meaning anything hitting slower than your block recovery duration is unable to hurt you. This includes Diablo.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017

Last edited by spidey1980; 06-25-2017 at 04:46 AM..
Old 06-25-2017, 08:29 AM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Sorceror is the polar opposite of the warrior. Warrior starts having it very easy but really starts to struggle at higher levels on Hell difficulty.
That's where the sorceror shines. By that point the class has turned into a walking WMD.

Rogue was fun too. If you do it right, you can get her up to 100% block chance, meaning anything hitting slower than your block recovery duration is unable to hurt you. This includes Diablo.
In D1 you can't play Hell Difficulty in Single Player, it requires Hellfire.

I think Diablo's fire magic is unblockable.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:24 AM

Eternal

Apocalypse, yes. Though it's not fire damage. It's more akin to Warcraft's chaos damage in that there are no resistances for it.

His primary attack is regular physical dmg and can be blocked.

If you wanna try Hell without Hellfire, just open a game for Cable Connection.
Multiplayer mode is pretty much like single player, only there are no quests. The four main bosses are still there, though.

While leveling, put all points in Vitality. All other stats can be raised via stat potions which randomly appear in Adria's shop once you reach a certain level.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017

Last edited by spidey1980; 06-25-2017 at 09:32 AM..
Old 06-25-2017, 12:56 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Apocalypse, yes. Though it's not fire damage. It's more akin to Warcraft's chaos damage in that there are no resistances for it.

His primary attack is regular physical dmg and can be blocked.

If you wanna try Hell without Hellfire, just open a game for Cable Connection.
Multiplayer mode is pretty much like single player, only there are no quests. The four main bosses are still there, though.

While leveling, put all points in Vitality. All other stats can be raised via stat potions which randomly appear in Adria's shop once you reach a certain level.
I bought a staff of that magic but it requires very high magic and my rogue doesn't have enough.

I beat the game in normal mode and don't want to start a new one again. The game feels too haunted when you think about the heroes and the npc's fate in D2 and D3. My Rogue doesn't deserve the fate to become Blood Raven and my warrior shouldn't become Diablo.

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 06-25-2017 at 12:58 PM..

Tags
diablo, video games