Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 06-14-2017, 02:49 AM

Sentinel Queen

Default The Death of Chromie Lore implication Thread [Spoilers inside]

Hey !

I've begun the death of Chromie and I've noticed a few things already

> The threat attacking chromie since to come from different era or known threat.

Black Dragonshrine : Dreadlord ( Legion )
Green Dragonflight : Satyr ( Nightmare )
Red Dragonflight : Lich ( Scourge )
Blue dragonflight : Void Lord ( Void / Old gods )

All of these being claim to answer the order coming from a " Master "

Unlocking each of the shrine gives us a pathway to save chromie in the following places :

Attack on mount Hyjal ( Cataclysm )
Well of Eternity
Andorhal
Culling of Stratholme

And we Have Wrathion at the black dragonshrine who claim to be there by pure randomness.

So there is no question here as who's behind it cause it could be Either Muruzond or The Old Gods.

However something strike me, it's wrathion. He's saying he was wandering around and if we can link this with the old Gods, there is a figure in lovecraft story that can fit with him quite a bit :

Nyarlathotep.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyarlathotep

Moreover, as someone here noticed, the Red Dragonflight says that the sanctum was not attacked by undead since ten years. Or, in legion it's been
years since WoTLK. We might have a timeskip soon or a time distortion because of our travel to Argus....?

What are you thought about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:16 AM

Arch-Druid

Mana

Quote:
Originally Posted by engal
it could be Either Muruzond or The Old Gods.

As far as Wrathion is concerned, why? I know he's shady and he's certainly an ally of convenience ready to turn on should it suit him, but what would his motivations be to kill the bronze dragons?

I mean, if he's going on a dragon genocide, going after the reds first would make the most sense.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:24 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekinah View Post

As far as Wrathion is concerned, why? I know he's shady and he's certainly an ally of convenience ready to turn on should it suit him, but what would his motivations be to kill the bronze dragons?

I mean, if he's going on a dragon genocide, going after the reds first would make the most sense.
The Boy King who fed us three lies!
Old 06-14-2017, 06:30 AM

Sentinel Queen

Regarding Nyarlathotep inspiration for Wrathion =

From wikipedia : "Although the deity's name is fictional, it bears the historical Egyptian suffix -hotep, meaning "peace" or "satisfaction "

Funny , WRATH is somehow the opposite of peace/ peaceful

Quote:
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:56 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Every single attacker is connected in some way to the Old Gods.

(Some) Dreadlords, before being enslaved by the Legion, were Old God worshippers.
Scourge presumably still using Saronite, blood of Yogg Saron.
Nightmare introduced to the Emerald Dream by the Old Gods.
Void creatures at the Azure shrine is self-explanatory.

Edited as per Asterisks reply below.

Last edited by HackBenjamin; 06-14-2017 at 09:34 AM..
Old 06-14-2017, 07:11 AM

Arch-Druid

Mana

Quote:
Originally Posted by engal View Post
Regarding Nyarlathotep inspiration for Wrathion =

From wikipedia : "Although the deity's name is fictional, it bears the historical Egyptian suffix -hotep, meaning "peace" or "satisfaction "

Funny , WRATH is somehow the opposite of peace/ peaceful
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TranquilFury
Old 06-14-2017, 07:17 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekinah View Post
Funny and nice link :p

Although I was more talking about a name than a state of mind / behavior ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackBenjamin View Post
Every single attacker is connected in some way to the Old Gods.

Dreadlords, before being enslaved by the Legion, were Old God worshippers.
Scourge presumably still using Saronite, blood of Yogg Saron.
Nightmare introduced to the Emerald Dream by the Old Gods.
Void creatures at the Azure shrine is self-explanatory.
Yep, the shrines are linking it to known threat, however the portals are somehow different and is perhaps linking this to some character...

Culling of Stratholme = Arthas ( Lich King ? )
Well of Eternity = Azshara ( nagas? )
Battle for Mount Hyjal = Fire elementals ( the new Firelord ? )
Andorhal = ?? Sylvanas ?

Quote:

Last edited by Nazja; 06-14-2017 at 07:19 AM.. Reason: Merging posts.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:39 AM

Elune

apparently the handwriting is familiar.
perhaps we did it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:10 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

It might also be Infinite Chromie.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:20 AM

Warden

Quote:
However something strike me, it's wrathion. He's saying he was wandering around and if we can link this with the old Gods, there is a figure in lovecraft story that can fit with him quite a bit :

Nyarlathotep.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyarlathotep
Wrathion isn't inspired by Nyarlathotep. The most they share is possibly skin tone, which isn't saying much because Nyarly is a shapeshifter. If any Lovecraft inspiration can be attributed to Wration it might be Abdul Alhazred, since both like sticking their noses into eldritch lore.

Nyarlathotep doesn't fit the bill because it is the emissary of the Outer Gods, which in Warcraft are the functional equivalent of the Void Gods. Wrathion, according to his own words, fights to protect Azeroth, even though he's done basically nothing, and is confirmed with players as witness to be purified of Old God corruption Nyarly on the other hand is practically a god and enjoys screwing with mortals for a few cheap laughs until it finally gets bored and destroys the world as the Crawling Chaos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
It might also be Infinite Chromie.
Plot twist: our Chromie is actually the Infinite Chromie, and the one trying to kill her is Bronze Chromie.

Last edited by Apep; 06-14-2017 at 08:22 AM..
Old 06-14-2017, 08:32 AM

Arch-Druid

I like to think the salvation of the draconic race might come through Wrathion. Him, bearing power from Aman'Thul, might be wanting to figure out a way to undue the infertility. Investigating stuff at the dragonshines is a way to do that.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:35 AM

Sentinel Queen

I'm placing my bets on Infinite Chromie too.
Quote:
Dreadlords, before being enslaved by the Legion, were Old God worshippers.
No they weren't, a handful of them Sargeras found on one world were reveling in the chaos of a Void-covered world.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:40 AM

Arch-Druid

Mana

So, what does this mean for Timewalkers in the lore?
Old 06-14-2017, 10:22 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
No they weren't, a handful of them Sargeras found on one world were reveling in the chaos of a Void-covered world.
True, though Chronicle indicates that prior to Sargeras' madness a number of demonic races were independently playing around with void energies. If that included the dreadlords (a good possibility, given that even now more than most demons their traditional "kit" of abilities particularly revolves around shadow magic, especially possession and mind control), then seeking out and fraternizing with Old Gods and Void Lords could have been the inevitable consequence of their magical development before Sargeras stepped in.

Given defectors like Culuthas and Lothraxion, dreadlords in particular might be especially susceptible to subversion by Light and Void due to some preexisting affinity for one or both of them.

Last edited by ARM3481; 06-14-2017 at 10:29 AM..
Old 06-14-2017, 10:33 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
I'm placing my bets on Infinite Chromie too.

Fixed my post to say "Some". I still think the race of Nathrezim as a whole harbors a secret loyalty to the Void though.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:38 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post
Wrathion isn't inspired by Nyarlathotep. The most they share is possibly skin tone, which isn't saying much because Nyarly is a shapeshifter. If any Lovecraft inspiration can be attributed to Wration it might be Abdul Alhazred, since both like sticking their noses into eldritch lore.

Nyarlathotep doesn't fit the bill because it is the emissary of the Outer Gods, which in Warcraft are the functional equivalent of the Void Gods. Wrathion, according to his own words, fights to protect Azeroth, even though he's done basically nothing, and is confirmed with players as witness to be purified of Old God corruption Nyarly on the other hand is practically a god and enjoys screwing with mortals for a few cheap laughs until it finally gets bored and destroys the world as the Crawling Chaos.

Plot twist: our Chromie is actually the Infinite Chromie, and the one trying to kill her is Bronze Chromie.
He's responsible for WoD, made a mess of Taylor's garrison, made a speech about how we should defend azeroth from the Legion but is nowhere when the legion shows up. he screwed up many time and not in the interest of Azeroth :/ he never explained his behavior for the garrosh thingy.

On the other side, Infinite chromie seems interesting xD

Quote:
Old 06-14-2017, 11:47 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
He's responsible for WoD, made a mess of Taylor's garrison, made a speech about how we should defend azeroth from the Legion but is nowhere when the legion shows up. he screwed up many time and not in the interest of Azeroth :/ he never explained his behavior for the garrosh thingy.

On the other side, Infinite chromie seems interesting xD
I disagree regarding Infinite Chromie. In Wrath, it's Chromie that sends you to the Bronze Dragonshrine to investigate who is behind the Infinites, and an image of Nozdormu shows up. I feel like if anything, she will end up assuming leadership of the Bronze flight when Nozdormu becomes Murozond. I'm also feeling like that transformation may be coming soon - We all know it's been coming.

That said, I'm not convinced Chromie, or any other dragon, wrote the rambling note.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:11 PM

Sentinel Queen

Maybe WE wrote the note . And Maybe most of the people here are our " allies" in the timeline we fought them ( excluding the void lords ) Maybe they all tried to unite against chromie for making a paradox.

Interestingly enough, the note mention that human orc, elementals and DEMON are his / her allies.

Are we going to make the demon join us in the end of Legion? Like... Illidan pulling a Kerrigan on the Zerg ?

Quote:
Old 06-18-2017, 07:51 PM

Sentinel Queen

Someone suggested this on the comments of a youtube video:

Quote:
Salandria. The Blood Elf orphan from Shattrath who we take around during Children's Week.

The scribbled ravings have 'familiar' handwriting, Salandria does indeed send us a letter thanking us for showing her around during the week. The ravings also mention that "the demons, the elementals, the humans and orcs..." During the event we take Salandria to: The Dark Portal, and the Throne of the Elements. We also took her to the Caverns of Time, where she is stopped by Zaladormu for some crime against the Bronze Dragonflight. The only thing here that doesn't add up is "humans and orcs" considering that only Horde players interact with her, but I'm certain that the Draenai orphan has a similar story.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:10 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Someone suggested this on the comments of a youtube video:
The notion that it might be Salandria/Dornaa is interesting, but it also feels like a bit of a stretch. It's been twelve years at least since those quests were implemented.

Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:21 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
The notion that it might be Salandria/Dornaa is interesting, but it also feels like a bit of a stretch. It's been twelve years at least since those quests were implemented.
I don't think it's too likely either, but of all the suggestions I've seen it's the one I personally like the most.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:31 PM

Eternal

Quote:
I don't think it's too likely either, but of all the suggestions I've seen it's the one I personally like the most.
The part where the ravings are written in a familiar hand is definitely a hint of some kind, but as the adventurers we've seen a LOT of fuckin' handwriting. Contextually it makes the most sense to be Chromie, as it really seems too unusual for it to be the PC.

Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix

Old 06-20-2017, 12:24 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Holy. Shit.
It's MILLHOUSE MOTHERFUCKING MANASTORM.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:43 PM

Warden

Really? If so, that's awkward. I suppose that explains what he's been doing since I disabled him as a follower.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:27 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Holy. Shit.
It's MILLHOUSE MOTHERFUCKING MANASTORM.
wait, what?

i mean... I could actually see that making some sense if...

oh wow.

Tags
dragons, gnomes