Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 07-07-2018, 06:01 PM

Elune

1:10 - 1:30 Kul Tiras/Dalaran/Theramore? It's Jaina's theme but she has strong ties to all 3.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:46 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
1:10 - 1:30 Kul Tiras/Dalaran/Theramore? It's Jaina's theme but she has strong ties to all 3.
Talking about Jaina's theme, I love that Blizzard brought back the "Jaina's Homeland" music from MoP in BfA. It's my favorite piece of music in WoW.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 07-08-2018, 12:13 PM

Eternal

You know what? Dalaran should dock over Lordaeron and have the Kirin Tor study the Plague alongside Argent Crusaders to cleanse it, while keeping the Horde out.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:37 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

So, I'm reading Before the Storm and in Legion we always had the idea that you'd have to, like, kill Sargeras in Argus to defeat the Burning Legion, or something like that.

That kind of concept was always "stated" in the materials, especially the expac's book (Illidan).

The same is true for Before the Storm, though. Several stuff is stated in the pre-expac material:

- Sylvanas and Anduin are both enhanced strategists now (because they touched azerite)
- Sylvanas wants Stormwind
- Magni gives the azerite necklace to the heroes so they can gather azerite to be used to heal Azeroth's wound
- Sylvanas wants a fleet

The necklace will probably only be returned at the end of the xpac, similarly to the artifacts.

Healing the wound will stop azerite from popping everywhere in the world, and there are theories that azerite is infected and will 'poison' Azeroth (her heart is a crater and we have filled it).

So that makes it believable that a void/old-god threat will only be the main threat in the next expac. Throughout Legion, we had 1+3 new zones (Broken Shore + Antoran Wastes, Mac'Aree and Krokuun).

What if, in BFA, we have 3 new old continent zones?

So basically Sylvanas gathers her fleet to respond to the attack in Lordaeron by attacking Stormwind.

The 3 zones would be Lordaeron, Gilneas and Elwynn Forest, with Stormwind as the final raid.

That would be something like 8.3 though (the equivalent of 7.3), which makes 8.2 an even bigger question. Sea conflict patch? Ny'alotha? Return to Teldrassil?
Old 07-09-2018, 10:37 AM

Arch-Druid

About the Mag'har "hub":

http://www.wowhead.com/news=285485.3...t-in-orgrimmar

Heh, the comments in the article were expected. Mag'har are the only race without an instanced "capital". And, while it makes sense for them, as refuges, to have none, it was clear people would get upset.

(Yet another reason why Outland mag'har should have been used: they could have Garadar as their place).

Old 07-09-2018, 10:45 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
(Yet another reason why Outland mag'har should have been used: they could have Garadar as their place).
I think I've figured out why Blizzard didn't do this. From how Gorgrond is depicted to their character creation screen, I think Blizzard chose to use the AU orcs because they really wanted to be able to use the Iron Horde aesthetic and art assets for future Horde content.

Which begs the question why they didn't just replace the Hall of the Brave with one of those Iron Horde style bunkers. It's similar enough in appearance that you could just say the Mag'har modified it so they still come off as refugees but have a more personalized area.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:07 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Is this really the kind of argument Allies have when trying to deny the Alliance-based perspective the entire game has? A couple of mounts from a decade ago? Weak.
ROFL, yes, the entire game clearly only has the Alliance perspective in mind... except for that one time when Goblins got a full-blown powerbase in one of the largest questing zones in the game whereas Worgen got shuffled under a tiny tree in a largely Night Elf city. Really makes me think, but thinking is bad and let's just slide that under the carpet and ignore it for now to make an emotionally charged statement.

The Mag'har got screwed out of a racial hub to live in and definitely deserve a better area like how Dark Irons got Shadowforge, but emotionally charged statements like that don't really do anything to promote better feedback. Horde fans have gotten just as bad as Alliance fans with crying faction bias on a whim.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:31 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I think I've figured out why Blizzard didn't do this. From how Gorgrond is depicted to their character creation screen, I think Blizzard chose to use the AU orcs because they really wanted to be able to use the Iron Horde aesthetic and art assets for future Horde content.
Hmm... It's a reason. I don't like it, but can't argue against it, except saying I wish lore was more important than visuals.

Quote:
Which begs the question why they didn't just replace the Hall of the Brave with one of those Iron Horde style bunkers. It's similar enough in appearance that you could just say the Mag'har modified it so they still come off as refugees but have a more personalized area.
I think Blizzard ran out of time. Wasn't there a copy of the Siege of Orgrimmar map? Maybe the Underhold was intended for the mag'har at some point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
ROFL, yes, the entire game clearly only has the Alliance perspective in mind... except for that one time when Goblins got a full-blown powerbase in one of the largest questing zones in the game whereas Worgen got shuffled under a tiny tree in a largely Night Elf city. Really makes me think, but thinking is bad and let's just slide that under the carpet and ignore it for now to make an emotionally charged statement.

The Mag'har got screwed out of a racial hub to live in and definitely deserve a better area like how Dark Irons got Shadowforge, but emotionally charged statements like that don't really do anything to promote better feedback. Horde fans have gotten just as bad as Alliance fans with crying faction bias on a whim.
It's funny how Horde was mostly taunting and laughting at Alliance players, but devolve into the same whiny tone when they get one setback.

To me, not getting a unique place to call home is not any worse than what Telogrus ended up being.

Old 07-09-2018, 03:00 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
It's funny how Horde was mostly taunting and laughting at Alliance players, but devolve into the same whiny tone when they get one setback.
I'm not sure I like where this is going. I get it, comeuppance is a thing, but the goal of criticism like this should be to discuss ways that the game can be improved for everyone, rather than to minimize concerns due simply to them being brought up by people on the other side.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:55 PM

Troubadour

All these catch up mechanisms make Kruul quite fun
Old 07-09-2018, 04:50 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
I'm not sure I like where this is going. I get it, comeuppance is a thing, but the goal of criticism like this should be to discuss ways that the game can be improved for everyone, rather than to minimize concerns due simply to them being brought up by people on the other side.
My real criticism was in the post before that one.

Quote:
Heh, the comments in the article were expected. Mag'har are the only race without an instanced "capital". And, while it makes sense for them, as refuges, to have none, it was clear people would get upset.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:23 PM

Troubadour

Old 07-10-2018, 04:53 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
I got a sandstorm like that in Tanaris yesterday while exploring the world in Beta, so the new weather also functions in the old world.

Also, the new weather effects are not tied to the ground. The old ones faded out if you were flying too far above the ground. THis would create weird effects in places like Stormheim, where flying over the canyons would make the rains disappear. The new ones will display at any height.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:05 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
My real criticism was in the post before that one.
I'm not addressing the specific criticism. I'm addressing the sentiment of treating concerns as whining. I didn't like it when the Horde was doing it to Alliance concerns in Cataclysm, and I don't like it happening in the other direction now.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:45 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I'm not addressing the specific criticism. I'm addressing the sentiment of treating concerns as whining. I didn't like it when the Horde was doing it to Alliance concerns in Cataclysm, and I don't like it happening in the other direction now.
To be truly frank, I'd wish it didn't exist, but, after getting shat on for months because I had complains about how things were being done, I can't care about the other side now doing what they were calling "whining" until yesterday. People get what they give, and I'm too tired and bitter to show them any compassion to the guys that act outraged and call "Alliance bias" now.

But I do feel sympathy for the more reasonable ones that feel upset about what they got.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:23 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
To be truly frank, I'd wish it didn't exist, but, after getting shat on for months because I had complains about how things were being done, I can't care about the other side now doing what they were calling "whining" until yesterday. People get what they give, and I'm too tired and bitter to show them any compassion to the guys that act outraged and call "Alliance bias" now.

But I do feel sympathy for the more reasonable ones that feel upset about what they got.
Believe me, I know where you are coming from. I have been treated like that for eight years from both sides. I've sat there and taken crap from people as they've twisted the knife about how my favorite race sucks with nothing to say other than to remind them that I feel awful already and don't need to be convinced that their favorite race has been written as superior. I've been called hysterical as the majority of my positions have been vindicated, and you can bet this has carried through when what even I would have called insane just a couple of years ago wound up happening.

That doesn't mean I am okay with doing the same thing when it happens to them. It just makes things worse and stifles productive discussion.

Last edited by Kyalin V. Raintree; 07-10-2018 at 11:28 AM..
Old 07-10-2018, 11:55 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Believe me, I know where you are coming from. I have been treated like that for eight years from both sides. I've sat there and taken crap from people as they've twisted the knife about how my favorite race sucks with nothing to say other than to remind them that I feel awful already and don't need to be convinced that their favorite race has been written as superior. I've been called hysterical as the majority of my positions have been vindicated, and you can bet this has carried through when what even I would have called insane just a couple of years ago wound up happening.

That doesn't mean I am okay with doing the same thing when it happens to them. It just makes things worse and stifles productive discussion.
To be fair, I don't go to their threads and bash them on the head. I leave them be. My rejoicing happens outside their sights, and it's meant to vent off my frustrations rather than confront them.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:44 AM

Arch-Druid

Double post, but it's been a few days apart, so I hope it's alright.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=285558/p...wow-2019-calen

WoWHead found a Warcraft calendar for 2019 with images that strongly hint at the promotional animated cinematic shorts for BfA. They seem to focus on three characters: Jaina, Sylvanas and Azshara.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:49 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

I wonder if the two Burning of Teldrassil pictures are part of a fourth short, or if Sylvanas' one will include it. (Though they're also in a different art style from all the others and are images we've seen before so they might just be odd ones out)

Also, one thing I've found weird. Azshara is basically the G'huun for Kul Tiras, but the naga have a much larger presence in Zandalar than in Kul Tiras, where they only show up in Stormsong Valley, compared to having large outposts and storylines in every Zandalar zone.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:16 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Double post, but it's been a few days apart, so I hope it's alright.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=285558/p...wow-2019-calen

WoWHead found a Warcraft calendar for 2019 with images that strongly hint at the promotional animated cinematic shorts for BfA. They seem to focus on three characters: Jaina, Sylvanas and Azshara.
Awesome!

In regards to the Mag’har, I’m incredibly excited about them, have more character concepts for them in my head than I know what to do with, and I’ve spent the last couple weeks grinding up as much Transmog as I can for them. I’m perfectly fine with their starting zone being where it is. Could Blizz do better? Maybe. But it’s as good as anything I could come up with.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:04 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

The pre-patch is officially coming next Tuesday.

Also important, make sure to do the Teldrassil content ASAP, as unlike Legion's pre expansion quests, all Burning of Teldrassil quests will be removed from the game when Battle for Azeroth launches (for some bizarre reason).

Other stuff that will be implemented when the patch goes live:

-War Mode (should be great for leveling allied races once the novelty wears off and people don't inevitably go to low level areas to try it out)

-First Aid removal, bandages are now made by tailors, antivenins by alchemists.

-New profession skill system.

-PvP "post season."

-New character customization options for orcs and blood elves.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:02 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
The pre-patch is officially coming next Tuesday.

Also important, make sure to do the Teldrassil content ASAP, as unlike Legion's pre expansion quests, all Burning of Teldrassil quests will be removed from the game when Battle for Azeroth launches (for some bizarre reason).

Other stuff that will be implemented when the patch goes live:

-War Mode (should be great for leveling allied races once the novelty wears off and people don't inevitably go to low level areas to try it out)

-First Aid removal, bandages are now made by tailors, antivenins by alchemists.

-New profession skill system.

-PvP "post season."

-New character customization options for orcs and blood elves.
Awesome!
Old 07-13-2018, 04:20 AM

Chimaera

https://comiccon2018.sched.com/event/FTne
Quote:
See how Blizzard's many worlds are crafted into compelling art and narrative through an array of books and comics. Some of the industry's best authors discuss how they bring to life compelling stories that expand and widen the universe of Blizzard's games, told through the lens of some of gaming's most unique characters. Panelists will highlight recent releases, hint at what may be yet to come, and perhaps unveil a surprise or two. Moderated by Blizzard Publishing senior editor Cate Gary. Panelists include Christie Golden, Jody Houser, Mark Evanier, Steve Danuser, and Marv Wolfman.
Quote:
perhaps unveil a surprise or two
Hmm.

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Old 07-13-2018, 04:52 AM

Arch-Druid

Blizzard enabled the War of Thorns for characters post-110 in Beta (I had done the first part at 110, then leveled and couldn't finish it later).

And boy, that Sylvanas/Malfurion confrontation is cringeworthy as hell. Everything about it is terrible: the non-fight, Saurfang being a crying coward, Sylvanas acting as a c-class Bond villain and leaving before Malfurion dies, Tyrande's corny dialogue and then giving up and leaving her people behind. Man, that was really terrible.

Blizzard must have ran out of time to do it properly, if that's the case, they should have done it slightly different...

I dunno, maybe Horde version is you and Sylvanas beating Malfurion, then Tyrande and the Kaldorei arrive and you must retreat, while Malfurion colapses from his wounds. Alliance version could be us arriving just in time to save Malfurion.

The way it was done, every character involved was tarnished by it.

Quote:
I hate when they remove content like that...

They also removed the quests in Blasted Lands for WoD.

They kept the Legion prepatch questline, but also butchered it. You can only do it now out of order and having to travel back and forth between Broken Isles!Dalaran and Deadwind!Dalaran to get the next quest/do it. It does bot flow naturally.

Make the quests skippable, but keep them! Take away the rewards if you want it as a limited time event, but leave it for those who want to see the story.

Last edited by Deicide; 07-13-2018 at 05:36 AM..
Old 07-13-2018, 05:38 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Stormstout View Post
Probably Chronicle vol. 4, with Khadgar’s face all over it.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft