Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm Discussion

Old 01-09-2017, 02:53 PM

Arch-Druid

Here is my idea of alexstrasza and deathwing

Alexstrasza will be multi class: Assassin support. Elven form is more healing. Trait: Shift into dragon form. Fire based abilities. Fire breath also heals allies.

Deathwing: multi class Bruiser warrior and assassin. Human form is slow, but has a strong mace attack. Fire damage based. Dragon form is more for brute force with fire breath. He's slow, but hits like a wrecking ball. Kite is his weakness, but if he gets close, its over.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:13 PM

Elune

Having random NVidia kernel crashes with Hots, no other games. Sometimes I've played for hours without it, other times it's happened first game. Doesn't seem tied to specific Heroes or Maps. When it happens it utterly bricks Battle.net client and have to restart to use it further.

Fucking infuriating is putting it mildly.

Drivers are upto date, this wasn't an issue in the past, no idea what Blizz have done to Hots code.
Why would I want to play some cunt in a dress with hands softer than a baby's belly when I can be a hulking motherfucker wearing spiked pauldrons the size of your mother's sweet ass and a loincloth that barely conceals the massive erection I'm rocking?

Last edited by Hammerbrew; 01-09-2017 at 03:26 PM..
Old 01-09-2017, 08:15 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Given Samu has already taken 90% of his kit, yeah, not anytime soon.
Well if we're going by WC3, it's 100% of his kit (Grom was just a Blademaster skin in WC3). But since Samuro was the first hero they ever added to the game, and Grom's been in the files since forever I don't think it's ever been their intention to give Grom the Blademaster kit. (Which has never really suited him anyway, they used it in WC3 for simplicity/efficiency)

I thought they might make him kind of an Axe (DotA 2) take-off, but Varian has a lot of that flavour already. And a lot of the berserker stuff is taken by Zul'jin.

Not sure what direction they'll go in for Grom.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:44 PM

Elune

Darius
Old 01-11-2017, 06:06 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Well if we're going by WC3, it's 100% of his kit (Grom was just a Blademaster skin in WC3). But since Samuro was the first hero they ever added to the game, and Grom's been in the files since forever I don't think it's ever been their intention to give Grom the Blademaster kit. (Which has never really suited him anyway, they used it in WC3 for simplicity/efficiency)
Well, he was a heavily far-gone orc, demon pumped berserker. Just the kind that made up the Burning Blade and eventually became blademasters. Him being one was plausible.

Of course since then Blizz moved away from that, but Grom could totally be a blademaster.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:15 AM

Eternal

When can we expect the next hero reveal though?
Old 01-12-2017, 03:46 PM

Arch-Druid

it's Valeera.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:01 PM

Warden
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

As much as I love Warcraft we need others
Old 01-12-2017, 04:18 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
As much as I love Warcraft we need others
Given how much Overwatch I play these days I'd actually much rather see more characters from there rolling out. I still want to see Blacktorn to fill out the Classic a little more.
"I always thought people were essentially bright. Distracted, sure, and weak, and beaten, but never stupid. And then you show them, here's the two people who want to be president. One is evil, but you can deal with him, because he actually harbors beliefs. The other one will tell any lie, wear any mask, to become president, and not only that, he fucking hates you, and he's doing this just so he can make your lives hell. And who do you think they vote for? Stupid."
Old 01-12-2017, 06:54 PM

Warden
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Given how much Overwatch I play these days I'd actually much rather see more characters from there rolling out. I still want to see Blacktorn to fill out the Classic a little more.
Yea I know what ya mean but a Diablo hero would have been cool
Or like you said Blackthorn. I also would like to see a Roadhog skin to Stiches
Old 01-12-2017, 08:02 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
Yea I know what ya mean but a Diablo hero would have been cool
Or like you said Blackthorn. I also would like to see a Roadhog skin to Stiches
I'm not sure his other powers work well enough for a skin, like the eating thing... that would be weird. That said, more than one hero can have a hook pull just as we have more than one hero that has an AOE.

I'd like a Retro Diablo 1 hero, like the Sorcerer with a bonus the Summoner skin, or the Rogue with a Blood Raven skin. Those characters deserve some love given that Diablo 2 canonized them as they did. The Dark Wanderer/Warrior is also acceptable but less interesting than the other two in the Nexus.
"I always thought people were essentially bright. Distracted, sure, and weak, and beaten, but never stupid. And then you show them, here's the two people who want to be president. One is evil, but you can deal with him, because he actually harbors beliefs. The other one will tell any lie, wear any mask, to become president, and not only that, he fucking hates you, and he's doing this just so he can make your lives hell. And who do you think they vote for? Stupid."

Last edited by Sonneillon; 01-12-2017 at 08:05 PM..
Old 01-12-2017, 08:19 PM

Elune

Honestly id rather have the evil versions be the main versions. Diablo 1-2 characters are the weakest of the 3 franchises
Old 01-12-2017, 08:42 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
Honestly id rather have the evil versions be the main versions. Diablo 1-2 characters are the weakest of the 3 franchises
True, it's still sad we don't have Meph and Baal
Old 01-13-2017, 12:37 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

I think Aidan (D1 Warrior) is on a leaked list somewhere.

But uh, I'm kind of disappointed we're getting Valeera next. That just seems odd.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:41 PM

Elune

Quote:
But uh, I'm kind of disappointed we're getting Valeera next.
That's putting it mildly.
Why would I want to play some cunt in a dress with hands softer than a baby's belly when I can be a hulking motherfucker wearing spiked pauldrons the size of your mother's sweet ass and a loincloth that barely conceals the massive erection I'm rocking?
Old 01-13-2017, 01:51 PM

Arch-Druid

Last edited by Eillas; 01-13-2017 at 01:58 PM..
Old 01-13-2017, 02:09 PM

Eternal

Quote:
I think Aidan (D1 Warrior) is on a leaked list somewhere.

But uh, I'm kind of disappointed we're getting Valeera next. That just seems odd.
Indeed she's an odd choice. When there are so many heroes that are a lot more famous and prominent than her and the fact that she only appeared in the comic and there wasn't so much as a line of dialogue about her in-game, she certainly is one of the more obscure WarCraft characters.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:20 PM

Elune

I'm still not sure how Valeera ended up as a flagship character.

Even in the series where she was a main character, she didn't really contribute much outside her own subplot (and even that had to be retconned in). Outside of that, she had a relatively minor in-game appearance, with a slightly bigger one in Legion. You'd think Garona would be the one in her place.

Also, there's something hilarious about the fact that, after the comic, she apparently set out to buy a dozen different sets of fel-looking-but-not-actually-fel daggers. I guess she liked how they looked with her revealing-slave-gladiator outfit that Rehgar inexplicably[1] owned, and she still inexplicably[1] wears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
...there wasn't so much as a line of dialogue about her in-game...
She briefly popped up in one or two quests during WotLK, and has a role in the rogue storyline in Legion.

Last edited by ijffdrie; 01-13-2017 at 02:26 PM..
Old 01-13-2017, 02:21 PM

World Builder

Never understood Vareesas character, seems like such a random mismatch

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-13-2017, 02:30 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
She briefly popped up in one or two quests during WotLK, and has a role in the rogue storyline in Legion.
Yeah, just as well - a minor appearance.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:43 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

I guess because she's the Rogue hero in Hearthstone, and Garona is relatively unprominent (outside of being in WC1) they just went with her instead.

It's bizarre, but she'll probably have a fun rogue-based kit at least.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:57 PM

Elune

Quote:
I guess because she's the Rogue hero in Hearthstone, and Garona is relatively unprominent (outside of being in WC1) they just went with her instead.
Yeah, the hearthstone thing makes sense, though you can have a similar debate about her prominence there (though in that particular case I suspect she was passed over due to the game already having four orc/demiorc heroes)

As for lack of prominence, Garona has a decent level of prominence in Warcraft I and II (and a cut storyline in III), more in-game appearances than Valeera (briefly shows up in WotLK, briefly shows up in Cata, had a big storyline in WoD, has about the same level of prominence in Legion), a bit more out-of-game canon presence than Valeera (she shows up as a prominent character for a significant chunk of the comic, as well as being one of the main characters of The Last Guardian), the same level of merch presence (both have action figures), and was one of the main characters of the major motion picture.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:13 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Of that I think the movie (I forgot she was in the movie tbh) was probably the most important thing as far as main-stream prominence goes.

They should have probably gone with Garona (for that and non-traditional figure) in that case.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:06 PM

Elune

Valeera, Kael, The Spellbreaker andthis chick are the most iconic blood leves for the general public
Old 01-13-2017, 08:36 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
Valeera, Kael, The Spellbreaker andthis chick are the most iconic blood leves for the general public
Also Lor'themar.

Tags
assfaggots, balls, blizzard, eye of kilrog, glorious polygon butt, glöryis2sweden, inevitable pyroblast doom, moba, verdande is cancer, zin-genyi