Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

View Poll Results: What should be done with the Orc Hunch
New Models shouldn't have the hunched look 23 62.16%
Its iconic now, New Models should have the hunched look 2 5.41%
Important characters should stand straight, but player models should have the hunch 12 32.43%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2014, 11:32 PM

Sentinel Queen

Default What should be done with the Orc Hunch

The Hunch originated in WoW rather then previous games in the series, and was done for PVP silhouette reasons, however as Pandaren are available to both factions, and the hunch is looking worse then ever with the new models, I created this poll to see what everyone thinks on what should be done with the hunch.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:43 AM

Archer

Incidentally I just made a gallery of orc models from warcraft 3 about these hunches.

See it right here http://imgur.com/a/L0b7f#0
Old 04-07-2014, 07:45 AM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akul View Post
Incidentally I just made a gallery of orc models from warcraft 3 about these hunches.

See it right here http://imgur.com/a/L0b7f#0
Beautiful.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 04-07-2014, 08:58 AM

Arch-Druid

I'm used to them having it now. So I say keep it.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:09 AM

Keeper of the Grove

I really want to see the hunch disappear, but since the opportunity to do that has already passed, I will have to accept it. I will be angry, but I will also accept it... so long as the important NPCs get to stand up straight at least.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:23 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

As I joked in the other thread, the PC gets to keep the Hunch, everyone else gets to stand up straight.

After all, you are pretty much a peon, if the Valley of Honor taught you anything!
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 04-07-2014, 10:28 AM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
As I joked in the other thread, the PC gets to keep the Hunch, everyone else gets to stand up straight.

After all, you are pretty much a peon, if the Valley of Honor taught you anything!

No.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 04-07-2014, 10:28 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
No.
Brave warriors of the Horde aren't sent to gather Cactus Apples! Peons are! And guess who got sent?
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 04-07-2014, 10:33 AM

Arch-Druid

It's iconic in a bad way. It looks awful and Blizzard eschew it as often as possible when they actually need to make the orcs look cool in art et al.

I'd love if they just got rid of it entirely.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:35 AM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Brave warriors of the Horde aren't sent to gather Cactus Apples! Peons are! And guess who got sent?
You're an insult to everyone in real world militaries who train for combat but also does labor on base because it needs to be done, or just during training.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 04-07-2014, 10:36 AM

Arch-Druid

While I don't necessarily want everyone to be as straight and tall as Go'el, I would love for the hunch to be diminished (exponentially).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:38 AM

Eternal

Quote:
You're an insult to everyone in real world militaries who train for combat but also does labor on base because it needs to be done, or just during training.
I'd feel bad if you weren't so easy to get to.

And clearly, equating the Player Character, who is pretty much a mercenary, to Real World military personnel is the best logical leap one could make!

Old 04-07-2014, 10:39 AM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
I'd feel bad if you weren't so easy to get to.

And clearly, equating the Player Character, who is pretty much a mercenary, to Real World military personnel is the best logical leap one could make!
I'm not mad?

I'm just pointing out you know your argument is garbage, you're trolling and it's stupid

My Worldbuilding:
Old 04-07-2014, 10:40 AM

Eternal

it needs to die in a fire.

Warcraft 3 Orcs didn't have it.
They only added it in WoW.
I'd rather have Orcs stand tall and proud then be hunchbacked peons.
Also, even the peons didn't really have a hunch.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:49 AM

Eternal

Quote:
I'm not mad?

I'm just pointing out you know your argument is garbage, you're trolling and it's stupid
Other than the part where you called me an insult to all military personnel.

I honestly don't care what they do about the Orc hunch. It makes absolutely zero difference to me.

However, the fact that they've already released the updated Orc model means that the Hunch is here to stay, so you all might as well quit bitching, and focus your attentions on something more worthwhile.

Like anything else. Really.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:52 AM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Other than the part where you called me an insult to all military personnel.

I honestly don't care what they do about the Orc hunch. It makes absolutely zero difference to me.

However, the fact that they've already released the updated Orc model means that the Hunch is here to stay, so you all might as well quit bitching, and focus your attentions on something more worthwhile.

Like anything else. Really.
1. I'll agree that was a bit much, I'm sorry.

2. Why do you care what we post about though? This is literally another example of the Alliance fans not being able to handle the Horde fans talking about issues they care about without tromping in and trolling because you find it offensive that we should enjoy the game.

It's getting old man and I'm just a little irritated about it is all.

If you were honestly just making a joke and I overreacted then that's on me but I'm starting to feel like no one can give a damn about anything on this board without being mocked for it if it's not rooted in a narrow range of acceptable topics.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 04-07-2014, 10:56 AM

Eternal

Quote:
1. I'll agree that was a bit much, I'm sorry.

2. Why do you care what we post about though? This is literally another example of the Alliance fans not being able to handle the Horde fans talking about issues they care about without tromping in and trolling because you find it offensive that we should enjoy the game.

It's getting old man and I'm just a little irritated about it is all.

If you were honestly just making a joke and I overreacted then that's on me but I'm starting to feel like no one can give a damn about anything on this board without being mocked for it if it's not rooted in a narrow range of acceptable topics.
We could always just talk about Lordaeron, like the good ol' days!

And as per #2: I'd rather you try to get rid of the Troll Hunch than complain about the Orc hunch that you are stuck with. Maybe that'll actually get rid of the hunch, rather than reacting after it's happened.

Unless you like the Troll's hunch.

And yeah, I was just joking around. No big deal, though. I can understand being irritated at things! God knows I've taken out frustration in posts on this board.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:31 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Kill it, kill it with fire!

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Tags
horrible whining, hunchback orks, orks