Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 05-02-2014, 06:48 AM
Kellick Kellick is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,052
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al'Akir View Post
Zuldazar for da Troll racial capital!

Shoulda been Echo Isles, but that option went out the window when they decided to make that region into a tiny little cluster of flyspecks; never will serve as a true capital.
Considering Zuldazar was destroyed to justify turning the Zandalari into villains, I wouldn't count on being able to use it a a capital any time soon.

Interestingly enough, the main island of the Echo Isles is actually slightly larger than Theramore, so with some proper city planning and a bit of land reclamation, there's no reason the Echo Isles couldn't be rebuilt into a serviceable capital for the Trolls.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-02-2014, 07:25 AM
Menel'dirion Menel'dirion is offline

Arch-Druid
Menel'dirion's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)
Posts: 2,380

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
I really hope Alt Draenor remains in the Main Universe, taking the spot of the destroyed Main Draenor. With this the Horde cannot complain about land as the orcish homeland is huge.
As a bit of an Orc fan (BE fan first, but I definitely appreciate them a lot), I approve, so long as there are multiple worthwhile clans living there.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-02-2014, 10:20 AM
JorgeAxe JorgeAxe is offline

Sentinel Queen
JorgeAxe's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 906

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
Considering Zuldazar was destroyed to justify turning the Zandalari into villains, I wouldn't count on being able to use it a a capital any time soon.
Didn't Cdev say Zuldazar is just damaged currently, and hasn't fully been destroyed.

Maybe the Horde could get Zuldazar while the Alliance gets Kul'tiras. Would also be a nice callback to the Kul'tiras/Darkspear rivalry in Warcraft III.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
As a bit of an Orc fan (BE fan first, but I definitely appreciate them a lot), I approve, so long as there are multiple worthwhile clans living there.
I could be okay with this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis
It's really been a case of Blizzard shitting on the Alliance and Horde storyline, but with the added bonus of the Alliance fanbase requesting to shit further on the Horde fanbase.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Al'Akir Al'Akir is offline

Chimaera
Al'Akir's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 254

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post

Interestingly enough, the main island of the Echo Isles is actually slightly larger than Theramore, so with some proper city planning and a bit of land reclamation, there's no reason the Echo Isles couldn't be rebuilt into a serviceable capital for the Trolls.
Am interesting factoid, I agree. Unfortunately I would argue that Theramore itself was ridiculously and unnecessarily small in and of itself. I know it couldn't have been as big as it was in TFT, but it wouldn't have hurt anything to make it feel more like a city, or even a town (or even a hamlet). In-game, it was barely a holdfast. As such, I don't feel that Echo Isles qualifies as city-worthy, based on it's current scale
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Erthad Erthad is offline

Elune
Erthad's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stromgarde
Posts: 9,549
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Default

The Echo Isles just should have been its own zone.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 05-02-2014, 12:35 PM
Kellick Kellick is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,052
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al'Akir View Post
Am interesting factoid, I agree. Unfortunately I would argue that Theramore itself was ridiculously and unnecessarily small in and of itself. I know it couldn't have been as big as it was in TFT, but it wouldn't have hurt anything to make it feel more like a city, or even a town (or even a hamlet). In-game, it was barely a holdfast. As such, I don't feel that Echo Isles qualifies as city-worthy, based on it's current scale
Which is why I'd recommend doing a bit of land reclamation in the space between and immediately around the islands, so as to give it a bit more room to negotiate. Most of the water between the islands isn't particularly deep (in some cases, allowing the player to talk most of the way between islands), so it shouldn't be too difficult to raise some of that space above sea level, then wall it off to protect the isles from erosion and/or invaders.



If most of those shallows were to become dry land, I think that'd give you quite a bit more to work with.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-02-2014, 02:41 PM
Westlee Westlee is offline
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,085

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
If most of those shallows were to become dry land, I think that'd give you quite a bit more to work with.
But that could cause another Cataclysm...!

If the trolls were Alliance that is.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-03-2014, 08:37 AM
Kellick Kellick is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,052
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlee View Post
But that could cause another Cataclysm...!

If the trolls were Alliance that is.
I know you're just trolling on this particular point, but you realize that the "might cause a new Cataclysm" thing wasn't brought up with Jaina's death wave, but rather with Horde's molten giants.

More on topic, I don't foresee Orgrimmar being anything but a predominantly Orcish city for WoW's lifespan, and I rather doubt having a non-Orc Warchief would do anything to change that. At most, we might expect to see a bit of redecoration in Grommash Hold's interior to give it a less oppressive feel, and swap out some Korkron in favour of some Siame Quashi.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-03-2014, 08:50 AM
Westlee Westlee is offline
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,085

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
I know you're just trolling on this particular point, but you realize that the "might cause a new Cataclysm" thing wasn't brought up with Jaina's death wave, but rather with Horde's molten giants.
Point is if the Alliance turns over a pebble, it's an outrage. Horde terraforms an entire zone, no problem at all. Double-standards do exist.

You're free to speculate about the Echo Isles getting a face-lift. They might even create a phase for the level 90 Domination Point quest-line and starting area just so you can enjoy your mighty Troll Ziggurat. It's Blizzard. They'll do anything to please their Horde-player base.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Kellick Kellick is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,052
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlee View Post
Point is if the Alliance turns over a pebble, it's an outrage. Horde terraforms an entire zone, no problem at all. Double-standards do exist.

You're free to speculate about the Echo Isles getting a face-lift. They might even create a phase for the level 90 Domination Point quest-line and starting area just so you can enjoy your mighty Troll Ziggurat. It's Blizzard. They'll do anything to please their Horde-player base.
There is a double standard, but it works in exactly the other way around, given that the Horde is immediately villainized whenever it attempts any sort of industrialization, while the Alliance gets to hollow out and strip mine entire mountains without a peep from the "industry is bad mkay" moral police.

Though I'm reminded of why I was recommending people they not feed you.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Westlee Westlee is offline
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,085

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
There is a double standard, but it works in exactly the other way around, given that the Horde is immediately villainized whenever it attempts any sort of industrialization, while the Alliance gets to hollow out and strip mine entire mountains without a peep from the "industry is bad mkay" moral police.

Though I'm reminded of why I was recommending people they not feed you.
Horde efforts at industrialization isn't villainized. Their callous disregard for nature and wanton destruction for the sake of destruction is. Even then, it's only Alliance NPCs that criticize such things, so they don't really matter do they?

But man, if the elements don't pop out of the ground and start attacking tauren the moment dwarves materialize out of thin air and begin digging in their neighborhood!

Although I am curious about what you said. Did you mean that the Horde industrializes when they're portrayed as villains? Or that the Horde industrializing is considered villainous? Basically that the Horde can't be "good" if they have technology and armored vehicles to work with? Is that what you're saying?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
orcs built hfp citadel, orks, orks can't build, zug zug

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.