Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 05-02-2014, 06:48 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al'Akir View Post
Zuldazar for da Troll racial capital!

Shoulda been Echo Isles, but that option went out the window when they decided to make that region into a tiny little cluster of flyspecks; never will serve as a true capital.
Considering Zuldazar was destroyed to justify turning the Zandalari into villains, I wouldn't count on being able to use it a a capital any time soon.

Interestingly enough, the main island of the Echo Isles is actually slightly larger than Theramore, so with some proper city planning and a bit of land reclamation, there's no reason the Echo Isles couldn't be rebuilt into a serviceable capital for the Trolls.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:25 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
I really hope Alt Draenor remains in the Main Universe, taking the spot of the destroyed Main Draenor. With this the Horde cannot complain about land as the orcish homeland is huge.
As a bit of an Orc fan (BE fan first, but I definitely appreciate them a lot), I approve, so long as there are multiple worthwhile clans living there.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:20 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
Considering Zuldazar was destroyed to justify turning the Zandalari into villains, I wouldn't count on being able to use it a a capital any time soon.
Didn't Cdev say Zuldazar is just damaged currently, and hasn't fully been destroyed.

Maybe the Horde could get Zuldazar while the Alliance gets Kul'tiras. Would also be a nice callback to the Kul'tiras/Darkspear rivalry in Warcraft III.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
As a bit of an Orc fan (BE fan first, but I definitely appreciate them a lot), I approve, so long as there are multiple worthwhile clans living there.
I could be okay with this.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:38 AM

Chimaera

Quote:

Interestingly enough, the main island of the Echo Isles is actually slightly larger than Theramore, so with some proper city planning and a bit of land reclamation, there's no reason the Echo Isles couldn't be rebuilt into a serviceable capital for the Trolls.
Am interesting factoid, I agree. Unfortunately I would argue that Theramore itself was ridiculously and unnecessarily small in and of itself. I know it couldn't have been as big as it was in TFT, but it wouldn't have hurt anything to make it feel more like a city, or even a town (or even a hamlet). In-game, it was barely a holdfast. As such, I don't feel that Echo Isles qualifies as city-worthy, based on it's current scale
Old 05-02-2014, 11:55 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

The Echo Isles just should have been its own zone.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:35 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al'Akir View Post
Am interesting factoid, I agree. Unfortunately I would argue that Theramore itself was ridiculously and unnecessarily small in and of itself. I know it couldn't have been as big as it was in TFT, but it wouldn't have hurt anything to make it feel more like a city, or even a town (or even a hamlet). In-game, it was barely a holdfast. As such, I don't feel that Echo Isles qualifies as city-worthy, based on it's current scale
Which is why I'd recommend doing a bit of land reclamation in the space between and immediately around the islands, so as to give it a bit more room to negotiate. Most of the water between the islands isn't particularly deep (in some cases, allowing the player to talk most of the way between islands), so it shouldn't be too difficult to raise some of that space above sea level, then wall it off to protect the isles from erosion and/or invaders.

If most of those shallows were to become dry land, I think that'd give you quite a bit more to work with.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
If most of those shallows were to become dry land, I think that'd give you quite a bit more to work with.
But that could cause another Cataclysm...!

If the trolls were Alliance that is.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:37 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlee View Post
But that could cause another Cataclysm...!

If the trolls were Alliance that is.
I know you're just trolling on this particular point, but you realize that the "might cause a new Cataclysm" thing wasn't brought up with Jaina's death wave, but rather with Horde's molten giants.

More on topic, I don't foresee Orgrimmar being anything but a predominantly Orcish city for WoW's lifespan, and I rather doubt having a non-Orc Warchief would do anything to change that. At most, we might expect to see a bit of redecoration in Grommash Hold's interior to give it a less oppressive feel, and swap out some Korkron in favour of some Siame Quashi.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
I know you're just trolling on this particular point, but you realize that the "might cause a new Cataclysm" thing wasn't brought up with Jaina's death wave, but rather with Horde's molten giants.
Point is if the Alliance turns over a pebble, it's an outrage. Horde terraforms an entire zone, no problem at all. Double-standards do exist.

You're free to speculate about the Echo Isles getting a face-lift. They might even create a phase for the level 90 Domination Point quest-line and starting area just so you can enjoy your mighty Troll Ziggurat. It's Blizzard. They'll do anything to please their Horde-player base.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:16 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlee View Post
Point is if the Alliance turns over a pebble, it's an outrage. Horde terraforms an entire zone, no problem at all. Double-standards do exist.

You're free to speculate about the Echo Isles getting a face-lift. They might even create a phase for the level 90 Domination Point quest-line and starting area just so you can enjoy your mighty Troll Ziggurat. It's Blizzard. They'll do anything to please their Horde-player base.
There is a double standard, but it works in exactly the other way around, given that the Horde is immediately villainized whenever it attempts any sort of industrialization, while the Alliance gets to hollow out and strip mine entire mountains without a peep from the "industry is bad mkay" moral police.

Though I'm reminded of why I was recommending people they not feed you.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
There is a double standard, but it works in exactly the other way around, given that the Horde is immediately villainized whenever it attempts any sort of industrialization, while the Alliance gets to hollow out and strip mine entire mountains without a peep from the "industry is bad mkay" moral police.

Though I'm reminded of why I was recommending people they not feed you.
Horde efforts at industrialization isn't villainized. Their callous disregard for nature and wanton destruction for the sake of destruction is. Even then, it's only Alliance NPCs that criticize such things, so they don't really matter do they?

But man, if the elements don't pop out of the ground and start attacking tauren the moment dwarves materialize out of thin air and begin digging in their neighborhood!

Although I am curious about what you said. Did you mean that the Horde industrializes when they're portrayed as villains? Or that the Horde industrializing is considered villainous? Basically that the Horde can't be "good" if they have technology and armored vehicles to work with? Is that what you're saying?

Tags
orcs built hfp citadel, orks, orks can't build, zug zug