Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 07-13-2018, 06:31 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Probably Chronicle vol. 4, with Khadgar’s face all over it.
I think it will be the reveal of one or more of the prepatch cinematics and/or BfA in-game cinematics and/or BfA animated shorts.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 07-13-2018, 09:05 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
They also removed the quests in Blasted Lands for WoD.
They didn't.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:14 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
I think it will be the reveal of one or more of the prepatch cinematics and/or BfA in-game cinematics and/or BfA animated shorts.
My personal theory is that it's for the animated shorts hinted at by the 2019 calendar, and that this is the unannounced story content that was mentioned at the E3 panel last month.

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Old 07-13-2018, 09:14 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
They didn't.
I've checked it multiple times. I even tried to start them when leveling my void elf alt for the armor. They did remove them. Not immediately after WoD launch, but they eventually removed the quests at some point.

Either that, or the way to start the quest chain is not in plain sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Stormstout View Post
My personal theory is that it's for the animated shorts hinted at by the 2019 calendar, and that this is the unannounced story content that was mentioned at the E3 panel last month.
Yep, this is very likely.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:27 AM

Chimaera

Actually, on second thought, I guess they did say at the E3 panel that the unnanounced content is "some stuff that they've never tried before" whereas animated shorts are fairly standard at this point, so maybe that's not what they were referring to at E3.
I do still think that it's what they'll show off at SDCC, though.

Old 07-13-2018, 10:21 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
Either that, or the way to start the quest chain is not in plain sight.
It isn't.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:37 AM

Loremaster

If memory serves, the quest to head to the Blasted Lands for Draenor appears in the Adventure Guide when you reach the appropriate level as part of the "choose Pandaria or Draenor" mechanic.

Not really sure what became of the short quest chains to fight the Iron Horde invaders, kill local ogres who are helping them and save prisoners from Nethergarde Keep though. It seems like they just send you straight to Khadgar at the foot of the Dark Portal to begin the cinematic for crossing over, and without the other Khadgar in Stormwind I'm not sure where it would logically start now, as it doesn't seem to just start at the quest hub NPC to whom that Khadgar originally sent us.

Last edited by ARM3481; 07-13-2018 at 11:06 AM..
Old 07-13-2018, 11:09 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Not really sure what became of the short quest chains to fight the Iron Horde invaders, kill local ogres who are helping them and save prisoners from Nethergarde Keep though. It seems like they just send you straight to Khadgar at the foot of the Dark Portal to begin the cinematic for crossing over, and without the other Khadgar in Stormwind I'm not sure where it would logically start now, as it doesn't seem to just start at the quest hub NPC to whom that Khadgar originally sent us.
That's what I'm talking about (the bolded part). They are gone. Draenor questing begins with you being sent to meet Khadgar at the portal. You talk to him, the Draenor invasion cinematic begins, and you find yourself in the Tanaan intro experience.

I checked the Alliance camp in Blasted Lands, but found no available quests there.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:23 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
That's what I'm talking about (the bolded part). They are gone. Draenor questing begins with you being sent to meet Khadgar at the portal. You talk to him, the Draenor invasion cinematic begins, and you find yourself in the Tanaan intro experience.

I checked the Alliance camp in Blasted Lands, but found no available quests there.
If and as soon as you accept quest named The Dark Portal (which is to be turned to Khadgar at the Dark Portal) try removing it from quest log and then go to Thrall / Maraad in the Blasted Lands camps. They should start the quest line. Haven't tested it tho, just what I can gather from comments.

On different topic, do Tyrande and Malfurion know that Varok is Broxigar's bro? They hold the time-traveling orc in high regards, wonder whether that will change.

Last edited by Mordecay; 07-13-2018 at 11:27 AM..
Old 07-13-2018, 12:05 PM

Troubadour

There's a gimmick around getting a FP to Shattered Beachhead.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:38 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
There's a gimmick around getting a FP to Shattered Beachhead.
So, it's hidden after all. Maybe it's unintended? Makes no sense to keep the content but hide it.

Old 07-14-2018, 09:57 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:
So, it's hidden after all. Maybe it's unintended? Makes no sense to keep the content but hide it.
Considering they've always had a strange fixation on removing "events" that aren't current i can't say much against what they've done here.
Ideally they would leave shit alone obviously but if its a choice between hiding the content somewhere those who want it are the only ones who see it and just ripping it out like the battle for Undercity in Wotlk or, worse, the even more poorly handled upcoming Tel'drassil content.
Old 07-15-2018, 01:36 PM

Arch-Druid

It's strange that I, playing as Alliance, ended up finding a mag'har NPC in Drustvar. I was questioning myself what that NPC was doing there. Was it part of the Horde campaign? If so, how can there be mag'har before they are recruitable?

I think mag'har and dark irons were meant to be playable during 8.0 prepatch, while kul tirans and zandalari would be recruited after the war campaign. Being unable to get everything ready for launch, Blizzard may have chosen to delay all the races instead.

Here it is:

She's located in Anyport. She uses mag'har voice files. I'm trying to find her english name, mas my client is in pt-br, but her name was translated.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:09 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
It's strange that I, playing as Alliance, ended up finding a mag'har NPC in Drustvar. I was questioning myself what that NPC was doing there. Was it part of the Horde campaign? If so, how can there be mag'har before they are recruitable?

I think mag'har and dark irons were meant to be playable during 8.0 prepatch, while kul tirans and zandalari would be recruited after the war campaign. Being unable to get everything ready for launch, Blizzard may have chosen to delay all the races instead.

Here it is:

She's located in Anyport. She uses mag'har voice files. I'm trying to find her english name, mas my client is in pt-br, but her name was translated.
I like see laughing skull
Old 07-16-2018, 10:50 AM

Chimaera

Old 07-16-2018, 11:18 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
00:15

N'zoth!!! mah boy!!
Old 07-16-2018, 02:43 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

I'm really curious as to what is going on in the Jaina short. From the clips it looks like she's encountering a ghost ship and undead sailors? This is just reminding me how much I wish Kul Tiras had ghost pirates instead of regular ones as the enemy for Tiragarde Sound.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:58 PM

Chimaera

Yeah, the Jaina one is the one that looks to have the most unique story to it, whereas the Azshara and Sylvanas episodes (based on what can be gleaned from this trailer, at least) seem like they'll just be retellings of backstories we already know.

Two details that bother me in the Sylvanas parts are that:
  • Sylvanas' death is depicted as occurring on an open, flowery field, whereas previous sources stated that she died either near Silvermoon or at Windrunner Spire (it's been retconned back and forth between Rise of the Lich King, War Crimes, and Chronicle)
  • Invincible is depicted as an ordinary skeletal steed (albeit without horns), whereas Chronicle Volume 3 depicted him as having looked more like his WotLK incarnation (the fleshy, non-skeletal mount version)
Either these are minor retcons, or it's not meant to be a 100% accurate flashback and more of a vision/nightmare had by Sylvanas, in which case you can use the unreliable narrator excuse. Also, Sharas'dal is nowhere to be seen in the parts with Azshara sinking under water.

Of course, we haven't seen the full shorts yet, just a few snippets in the trailer, and these are all very minor details, but it does bother me when Blizzard creates inconsistencies like this (which unfortunately tends to happen a lot with these animated shorts, despite how much I otherwise enjoy watching them).

Old 07-16-2018, 05:16 PM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I'm really curious as to what is going on in the Jaina short. From the clips it looks like she's encountering a ghost ship and undead sailors? This is just reminding me how much I wish Kul Tiras had ghost pirates instead of regular ones as the enemy for Tiragarde Sound.
Ghost ship.

Kul Tiras is based on the Netherlands.

They were showcasing WoW's version of The Flying Dutchman.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:15 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Kinda meh about this, I mean Sylvanas and Jaina already got their own comic stories a few weeks ago so why not give some other characters a fair shake? What more is there do we need to know about Sylvanas and Jaina? I honestly would be more excited if Genn and Saurfang got a cinematic as well, they ought to be major players in this faction war story as well. MoP and WoD set a good precedent with 5 cinematics telling a story but it seems like they've just decided to downgrade from that to cut more corners.

I hope I'm wrong and these turn out to be good stories that shed light on something new, but overall I can't say I'm all that hyped except maybe for the Azshara one.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:45 PM

Sentinel Queen

Theme-wise, it makes sense for these three to be used and added together for this series of shorts, but I really would’ve liked to have seen a Tyrande short to make up for her awful depiction during the Teldrassil event and a Talanji short not only to see her and Zul get captured by the Alliance, but to take the opportunity to flesh her out a little more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I still really like your idea of adding shark people instead of quilboar to Kul Tiras.

Quote:
Two details that bother me in the Sylvanas parts are that:[LIST][*]Sylvanas' death is depicted as occurring on an open, flowery field, whereas previous sources stated that she died either near Silvermoon or at Windrunner Spire (it's been retconned back and forth between Rise of the Lich King, War Crimes, and Chronicle)
Ugh, I thought I was the only one bothered by this. It’s so unnecessarily dramatic.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:26 AM

Hippogryph

Do we have a start date for the War of Thorns event?
Old 07-18-2018, 07:31 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorsaurus_Rex View Post
Do we have a start date for the War of Thorns event?
AFAIK:
07/24: Part 1 (enables Darkshore WQs)
07/31: Part 2 (Burning of Teldrassil)
08/07: Battle of Lordaeron

Old 07-18-2018, 07:36 AM

Hippogryph

Quote:
AFAIK:
Thanks! I wouldn't be surprised if those dates also correspond to the Warbringers shorts as well
Old 07-18-2018, 07:56 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
AFAIK:
Wait, so what's being released today (or tomorrow for the EU servers) in the pre-patch?

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft