Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old Today, 06:14 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacofonix View Post
The Night Elves shouldn't care about whatever trauma Humans have and be able to wipe out the Orcs who keep messing with them without them. That doesn't happen in WoW after getting shoehorned into the Alliance.
I'll say again that I haven't paid much attention to Kul'Tiras, so I could be wrong here, but I haven't heard much about Night Elves having much of a presence in Kul'Tiras or Zandalar. I've heard the most about the latter, which appears to be restricted to Shandris and three sentinels. It's odd and I'd prefer for her to be in Kalimdor, but whatever.

Lordaeron is another matter, fine, but everyone showed up for that, and it's difficult to claim that it was done purely for human territorial ambitions. The Capitol City is the largest blight research and production facility in existence, and capturing or killing Sylvanas would have ended the war.

Meanwhile, we have mission table missions that, last I checked, included the Night Elves striking or defending areas across Kalimdor, including Orgrimmar. That hardly says to me that they are not making the effort to "wipe out" the orcs. It also looks like they are having some success.

I am of course the first to acknowledge red flags and concerns as they arise, and my perception of everything that I just said is going to hinge on presentation. (Still waiting for the core of that Teldrassil scenario) But thus far, it doesn't look like Night Elves are subordinating their interests to humans in the manner your post implies.

Last edited by Kyalin V. Raintree; Today at 06:18 AM..
Old Today, 06:48 AM

Druid of the Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacofonix View Post
The Night Elves shouldn't care about whatever trauma Humans have and be able to wipe out the Orcs who keep messing with them without them. That doesn't happen in WoW after getting shoehorned into the Alliance.
I don't really see the night elves killing children, unless there's something I missed.
Old Today, 09:06 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
I don't really see the night elves killing children, unless there's something I missed.
I don't really see them going out of their way to kill kids, but I also don't imagine they would go out of their way to avoid it. Cutting off resources including food as a response to the wrath gate is a rather bold statement in that direction.
Old Today, 09:27 AM

Arch-Druid

Interesting tidbits about Alliance campaign in the official forums:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765136354

SPOILERS!

Quote:
I just finished the campaign. (as far as one can go due to you need to do stromgarde).

chapter 3 has you hunt and kill goblins. Umbric gives you a void stone to use to send shredders into the void.

We find out Gallywix is looting Atal'dazar and stealing their gold. We chase him to his pleasure palace in azshara and kill a bunch of golfers and subathers. He escapes using a decoy.

Chapter 4 This takes place during the time the horde has the player find derek body. Shandris and falstad takes on the horde. You nearly die to Nathanos, but falstad hammers him and saves you.

You corner blood prince draven on the other boat. You bring him to 40% health as he tries to bubble hearth, but shandris kills him.

final chapter involves you infiltrating the harbor. You plant bombs on two major zandalari flagships. Slay 3 horde spymasters. Steal their naval charts. Send 6 emissaries of the horde elsewhere (They get voided away). Then wipe out an entire zandalari ship.

The other two ships are safe for now. The alliance plans to launch a naval invasion eventually, and when that happens.... BOOOM!

Here is a screenshot of a burning Zandalari vessel. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...518_004346.jpg

Also, we get void elf dark iron and void elf night elf interactions. Shandris and umbric debating the usage of the void.
https://imgur.com/a/O5PswWH
The heroes are Shandris, Umbric, Falstad, Kelsey and Keeshan, with Halford Wyrmbane coordinating everything. I like that there are so many faces from so many different races. Shandris and Umbric get the most exposure, from what I've seen. And we get to also work with both wildhammer and dark iron dwarves!

This also completely debunks the void elves as a "dark race" that some people were expecting. Umbric is pretty much what you'd expect from a high elf, except that he uses the void. I'm still not sold on void elves, thought. They lack their own personality and feel like a cheap compromise.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; Today at 09:36 AM..
Old Today, 09:55 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

still feels like defeats since horde get to res kul tiran warriors/war heroes like derek proudmoore as instantly "FOR THE DARK LADY DEATH TO HUMANS" forsaken while alliance blow up one ship and hang out with pop culture reference keeshan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old Today, 10:59 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
still feels like defeats since horde get to res kul tiran warriors/war heroes like derek proudmoore as instantly "FOR THE DARK LADY DEATH TO HUMANS" forsaken while alliance blow up one ship and hang out with pop culture reference keeshan
Except for the Galliwyx part, none of the campaign feels like a defeat for me. Maybe it's not major victories, but there's a series of small victories.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old Today, 01:15 PM

Druid of the Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
I don't really see them going out of their way to kill kids, but I also don't imagine they would go out of their way to avoid it. Cutting off resources including food as a response to the wrath gate is a rather bold statement in that direction.
Yes, that's what I imagine them as too. But Cacofonix said they would 'wipe out' the orcs, which would seem to mean killing all of them, children included.

I've wondered what it'd be like if the Night Elves did take in some orphaned Orc children and raised them with their values(worship of Elune, respect for nature, etc.)

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft