Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 07-22-2011, 02:36 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasarax View Post
Favorite character - Noah Bennet
Fuck yeah, he owns. He's badass because even though he has no powers, he can still take down super-powered foes.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:38 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Apophis#2440

I have watched a lot of tv shows
My favorites are:
Friends, How I met your mother, The Shield, The inbetweeners(British comedy), Supernatural, The vampire diaries, It's always sunny in Philadelphia, Two and a half men, House, Chuck, Entourage, The big bang theory, Modern family, South park, Scrubs and ocassionaly The Office.

As a kid I used to watch the usual shows like: Dragonball Z, Pokemon, Digimon, Medabots and Yugi-oh
Old 07-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Slowpokeking

I really like Dartz in Yugi-oh.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:17 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

You have no taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 07-23-2011, 04:52 AM

Lord of Time

I love Hiro Nakamura. I don't think I ever finished season 4 though, the show got totally messed up and repeating the last two seasons.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:33 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozdormu View Post
I love Hiro Nakamura. I don't think I ever finished season 4 though, the show got totally messed up and repeating the last two seasons.
Don't bother watching the rest. The show focuses way too much on Sylar later on for my tastes. It's ashame Mohinder didn't get a bigger part in the story after Season 3.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:36 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozdormu View Post
I love Hiro too. But, you know what I find really weird? In the show, superhuman abilities are the result of "the next step in human evolution", correct? If so, how do genes in your DNA make you able to control the space-time continuum?
Old 07-23-2011, 01:57 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
I love Hiro too. But, you know what I find really weird? In the show, superhuman abilities are the result of "the next step in human evolution", correct? If so, how do genes in your DNA make you able to control the space-time continuum?
Well if you recall the beginning of season 3 when Hiro had the one half of the formula stolen by the speedster chick, he froze time to try and catch the thief. It's revealed that he doesn't actually freeze time at all but rather just slows it down very much since she's still able to move. I see Hiro's power as just a really advanced version of super speed.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:59 PM

Arch-Druid

Ahh, how could I forget that episode. Thanks for pointing that out.

EDIT: Also, the Haitian's powers are simply one of the best in the series. Jus sayin'.

Last edited by Chef; 07-23-2011 at 02:02 PM..
Old 07-23-2011, 02:09 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Ahh, how could I forget that episode. Thanks for pointing that out.

EDIT: Also, the Haitian's powers are simply one of the best in the series. Jus sayin'.
Also remember when Hiro was without his power and stuck in the past, Ando amplified that chick's power so she could go back in time to get him.

I suppose the Haitian's actual power was some sort of "Brain Domination". I say that because Sylar stole powers by examing the victims brain which could mean the root of a persons power was there. Matt was also the only person other than Arthur (ugh hate that character) who could slightly use his powers still even when being suppressed by the Haitian. And as you know, Matt was Xavier lite.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:12 PM

Arch-Druid

Now I remember, the chick's name is Daphne.

Why do you hate Arthur Petrelli?
Old 07-23-2011, 02:19 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Now I remember, the chick's name is Daphne.

Why do you hate Arthur Petrelli?
Ah right. Well he was responsible for killing one of my favorite characters (Adam) and not to mention his power was absurdly strong. It seemed like in the long run, he was only a plot device to nerf Peter's powers with. I'm just not a fan of having multiple characters who have access to numerous powers since it makes the other characters less significant.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:24 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Ah right. Well he was responsible for killing one of my favorite characters (Adam) and not to mention his power was absurdly strong. It seemed like in the long run, he was only a plot device to nerf Peter's powers with. I'm just not a fan of having multiple characters who have access to numerous powers since it makes the other characters less significant.
That is so true. Peter was way overpowered back in those days. But on the other hand, if it wasn't for Arthur, Heroes would've become the Peter Petrelli show by then. Meh.

I'm basically not a fan of Nathan becoming big bad boss in season 4, only to become a good guy again. Heroes died in season 4 for me.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:39 PM

Eternal

Quote:
That is so true. Peter was way overpowered back in those days. But on the other hand, if it wasn't for Arthur, Heroes would've become the Peter Petrelli show by then. Meh.

I'm basically not a fan of Nathan becoming big bad boss in season 4, only to become a good guy again. Heroes died in season 4 for me.
I think the writers realized that Peter's new power was what he really should of had at the start. It did make me wonder what power Peter would copy next week.

Nathan really should of been a character who lobbied the government to allow individuals to freely use their powers. I mean the guy already achieved many great things outside of his power and could of been the figurehead of such a movement.

Sylar...should of died at the end of Season 1. He was a great character but after that, there was just too much focus on him. If I recall correctly, after season 2, Sylar and Claire received the most screen time of all the characters.

One plot hole that really frustrated me was the writers completely forgetting about Peter's girlfriend in season 2. Peter just abandons her in that alternate future and is never heard of again. What the fuck kind of man is like that? It would of been really cool to have her been the main villain for a season. Perhaps she could of stumbled into Mohinder's formula and received powers herself and came back to the past to get revenge on Peter? I don't know, anything other than the current mess we were left with.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:43 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Sylar...should of died at the end of Season 1. He was a great character but after that, there was just too much focus on him. If I recall correctly, after season 2, Sylar and Claire received the most screen time of all the characters.
True. And we need moar Noah Bennett, because he kicks ass.

Quote:
One plot hole that really frustrated me was the writers completely forgetting about Peter's girlfriend in season 2. Peter just abandons her in that alternate future and is never heard of again. What the fuck kind of man is like that? It would of been really cool to have her been the main villain for a season. Perhaps she could of stumbled into Mohinder's formula and received powers herself and came back to the past to get revenge on Peter? I don't know, anything other than the current mess we were left with.
You know what I find very weird? The fact that in season 3, the most dangerous villains are kept in level 5 or something, yet Noah, Sylar, Claire, etc. are able to catch most of them with relative ease.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:55 PM

Eternal

Quote:
True. And we need moar Noah Bennett, because he kicks ass.

You know what I find very weird? The fact that in season 3, the most dangerous villains are kept in level 5 or something, yet Noah, Sylar, Claire, etc. are able to catch most of them with relative ease.
Noah Bennet was by far the best character written on that show. You have a show with a bunch of super-powered humans and here comes this suburban dad who looks like a pushover in public but in reality, he stands toe to toe with the likes of Sylar, Eric, Carnival crew, etc. He's essentially the Batman of the show but with a family instead of a vast fortune. If I was really rich, I'd pay someone to write a comic series based on Noah Bennet.

I always assumed their definition of "dangerous" wasn't by their power's strength but rather their personality and how they used their power in public.

I like how this is now the Heroes thread by the way.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:07 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

I'm still surprised that Tim Kring hasn't started up a Heroes comic book over at Dark Horse or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 07-23-2011, 03:09 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I always assumed their definition of "dangerous" wasn't by their power's strength but rather their personality and how they used their power in public.
Well, if you think about it that way, it does makes sense. Knox's power is hilarious by the way.

You know, I still don't get what Peter Petrelli's original power was. Is he able to absorb the power of any super-powered human he comes in contact with or what? (I haven't watched season 1 by the way)

Quote:
I like how this is now the Heroes thread by the way.
This is why I love Scrolls of Lore. Congratz on your 1000th post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
I'm still surprised that Tim Kring hasn't started up a Heroes comic book over at Dark Horse or something.
I think he has, though it has no ties with the show's plot.

Last edited by Chef; 07-23-2011 at 03:14 PM..
Old 07-23-2011, 03:19 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
There was always the rumor about Heroes ending with a 2 hour special or something but it never worked out. Did you read the mini comics that came out each week along with the episodes?

Quote:
You know, I still don't get what Peter Petrelli's original power was. Is he able to absorb the power of any super-powered human he comes in contact with or what? (I haven't watched season 1 by the way)
You need to watch season 1, it's by far the best one. Funny thing really, Peter and Sylar have the same ability. They just access others' powers with different methods. Peter is able to empathize with other people and I suppose that is how he is able to "warp" his DNA to use that power. Sylar on the other hand doesn't have the social skills to get on a deep level with other people until Season 3. So he literally has to rip the person up and examine the brain. It's shown with Elle and Lydia from season 5 that he can acquire powers just like Peter though.

Short version: Peter and Sylar both have the ability to learn others abilities. They just acquire them in different ways.

Yay I'm an Archdruid now
Old 07-23-2011, 03:28 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Short version: Peter and Sylar both have the ability to learn others abilities. They just acquire them in different ways.
Sylar has the "hunger" thing though, which makes it awesome.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:37 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Sylar has the "hunger" thing though, which makes it awesome.
Not to be a party pooper but that ended in Season 3 if you recall. Arthur showed him that it wasn't necessary to open up people's head and in turn, cured him of the hunger. Anyone Sylar killed to acquire powers from after that was purely a strategic/entertainment thing.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:41 PM

Arch-Druid

Ahh, right, it was when Sylar got trapped with the electric bitch. You pooped my party.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:44 PM

Eternal

I gave up on Heroes in the last season so I never saw the end of it. Is anyone watching "Alphas"? It's on the Syfy channel in the US on monday nights and is kind of a Heroes replacement. It's created by the guy who wrote the X-Men films (Zak Penn).
Old 07-23-2011, 03:50 PM

Arch-Druid

All this talk about superheroes reminded me of... Stan Lee's Who wants to be a Superhero. Used to love it; it was hilarious on so many levels.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:54 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
I gave up on Heroes in the last season so I never saw the end of it. Is anyone watching "Alphas"? It's on the Syfy channel in the US on monday nights and is kind of a Heroes replacement. It's created by the guy who wrote the X-Men films (Zak Penn).
Never heard of it until now honestly. Been watching Discovery too much to keep tabs on Syfy. The whole thing about the guy writing X-Men: Last Stand makes me kind of hesitant. Is it any good though?

Tags
entertainment, television