Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 03-24-2016, 07:18 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,898

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
RG3 is now a Brown
There must not have been any demand for him at all. Which boggles the mind. He didn't run his mouth ONCE all last season. He sat on the inactive list all year without a peep. He was rookie of the year in 2012, but he has less than 3 full years of wear and tear.

Yeah, he's had injuries, but nothing that any other QB hasn't overcome.

The Rams, Jets, Broncos, and 49ers all have unsettled QB situations. None of them made him an offer?

Was that all he got? The Browns, or bust?

I haven't seen a playoff QB get shunned like that since Tim Tebow.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-24-2016, 07:24 PM
Ragnahar Ragnahar is offline

Poor Soldier
Ragnahar's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 12,430
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Default

Rip
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-25-2016, 07:41 AM
Ma Caque Attaque Ma Caque Attaque is offline

Elune
Ma Caque Attaque's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In your mind
Posts: 12,686

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
There must not have been any demand for him at all. Which boggles the mind. He didn't run his mouth ONCE all last season. He sat on the inactive list all year without a peep. He was rookie of the year in 2012, but he has less than 3 full years of wear and tear.

Yeah, he's had injuries, but nothing that any other QB hasn't overcome.

The Rams, Jets, Broncos, and 49ers all have unsettled QB situations. None of them made him an offer?

Was that all he got? The Browns, or bust?

I haven't seen a playoff QB get shunned like that since Tim Tebow.
It's the curse of the dual threat QB, especially when that injury is on your knees/ankles.

From what I've read, those teams were interested in him, but after doing their research, something scared them off and they went in a different direction.

And now that he gets to play behind that OL? My prediction is that if he wins the starting job, he'll be out by mid season with a knee injury.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-25-2016, 09:42 AM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,898

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
It's the curse of the dual threat QB, especially when that injury is on your knees/ankles.

From what I've read, those teams were interested in him, but after doing their research, something scared them off and they went in a different direction.

And now that he gets to play behind that OL? My prediction is that if he wins the starting job, he'll be out by mid season with a knee injury.
Yeah, I don't know why his reputation is so bad.

I've followed him pretty closely over the last four years. He's a LOT less controversial than a lot of other QBs that are still playing.

I just don't get it. Unless there's something in his medical record that marks him as irrevocably broken, he seems like he'd be worth a shot on a team without a solid franchise QB.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-25-2016, 12:32 PM
Erthad Erthad is offline

Elune
Erthad's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stromgarde
Posts: 9,549
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Default

I'm a bit disappointed that the Rams didn't go for him. Foles and Keenum definitely don't look like they're gonna be the solution.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 03-25-2016, 02:43 PM
Ma Caque Attaque Ma Caque Attaque is offline

Elune
Ma Caque Attaque's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In your mind
Posts: 12,686

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Yeah, I don't know why his reputation is so bad.

I've followed him pretty closely over the last four years. He's a LOT less controversial than a lot of other QBs that are still playing.

I just don't get it. Unless there's something in his medical record that marks him as irrevocably broken, he seems like he'd be worth a shot on a team without a solid franchise QB.
According to what I've read, it's his poor reputation in the locker room along with his injury history.

I'm sure you can find positives and negatives about that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-25-2016, 02:49 PM
Ragnahar Ragnahar is offline

Poor Soldier
Ragnahar's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 12,430
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Default

Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-25-2016, 07:39 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,898

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
According to what I've read, it's his poor reputation in the locker room along with his injury history.

I'm sure you can find positives and negatives about that.
The locker room bullshit goes both ways.

I've heard a few players (usually ones that were not very good) talk shit, while everyone else jumps to his defense.

So, I dunno. I guess we'll see how the experiment in Cleveland works out. I wish him the best, but I don't think that'll do him any good.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-13-2016, 11:55 PM
Ma Caque Attaque Ma Caque Attaque is offline

Elune
Ma Caque Attaque's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In your mind
Posts: 12,686

Default

Casting rez:

Since the draft is over with and OTAs have started, figured that it's time to drag out my prediction post for the 2016 season. So without further ado.

NFC

NFC East
Washington Redskins
Dallas Cowboys
NY Giants
Philadelphia Eagles

NFC North
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions

NFC South
Carolina Panthers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Atlanta Falcons
New Orleans Saints

NFC West
Seattle Seahawks
Arizona Cardinals
San Francisco 49ers
Los Angeles Rams

AFC

AFC East
New England Patriots
Buffalo Bills
NY Jets
Miami Dolphins

AFC North
Cincinnati Bengals
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Browns

AFC South
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars
Indianapolis Colts
Tennessee Titans

AFC West
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers
Denver Broncos
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-15-2016, 10:18 AM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,898

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
Casting rez:

Since the draft is over with and OTAs have started, figured that it's time to drag out my prediction post for the 2016 season. So without further ado.

NFC

NFC East
Washington Redskins
Dallas Cowboys
NY Giants
Philadelphia Eagles

NFC North
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions

NFC South
Carolina Panthers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Atlanta Falcons
New Orleans Saints

NFC West
Seattle Seahawks
Arizona Cardinals
San Francisco 49ers
Los Angeles Rams

AFC

AFC East
New England Patriots
Buffalo Bills
NY Jets
Miami Dolphins

AFC North
Cincinnati Bengals
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Browns

AFC South
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars
Indianapolis Colts
Tennessee Titans

AFC West
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers
Denver Broncos
We'll start a 2017 thread soon enough... but I have to call homerism on your NFC West pick... Arizona got better this offseason, especially where it needed it the most (O-line, defensive front and pass rush).

(yes, I live in AZ, but not really a Cardinals fan... and I'm not even sure I agree with you picking my Redskins to win the East... I think Dallas is the team to beat still, assuming a healthy Romo)
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-05-2017, 06:11 PM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

The good guys are winning!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-05-2017, 06:43 PM
Ma Caque Attaque Ma Caque Attaque is offline

Elune
Ma Caque Attaque's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In your mind
Posts: 12,686

Default

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-05-2017, 07:28 PM
Ragnahar Ragnahar is offline

Poor Soldier
Ragnahar's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 12,430
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Default

Ayyyyy NFC South Represent.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-05-2017, 08:01 PM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnahar View Post
Ayyyyy NFC South Represent.
New England is just bad people make them lose!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,016

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
New England is just bad people make them lose!
no u
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-05-2017, 08:34 PM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
no u
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-05-2017, 08:45 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,016

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
I can't remember the last time I've been so flattered.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-05-2017, 08:51 PM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
I can't remember the last time I've been so flattered.
You are my fwrand.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-06-2017, 11:05 AM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,898

Default

Well, this season was a complete disappointment.

My Redskins completely stagnated. Dallas got good

And all I heard all year was crying on the local radio about how disappointing the Cardinals were (and they were... but, damn...)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sports

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.