Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 12-06-2014, 11:44 AM

Arch-Druid

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

He's hardly a racist, he has no problems with Tal-vashoth. And his criticism of the Qun is understandable.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:53 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post
He's hardly a racist, he has no problems with Tal-vashoth. And his criticism of the Qun is understandable.
If you go grab the Templars instead of the mages he does a YOU PEOPLE tirade about how all Qunari are murderers, thugs and idiots. It's p racist.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:21 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordragon View Post
If you go grab the Templars instead of the mages he does a YOU PEOPLE tirade about how all Qunari are murderers, thugs and idiots. It's p racist.
Funny, all I got was some passive aggressive "Well I hope the Templars are the best choice", though I was human. Solas does have this irksome smug quality about him.

On another note, could anybody answer me how far in I am? I've just got the option of the Western Approach and/or Masquerade Ball? Midway? Three-quarters?

Last edited by Drusus; 12-06-2014 at 12:23 PM..
Old 12-06-2014, 01:26 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
You'll play based-Qunari and you'll fucking like it.
Seriously, though, what does that mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:34 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Funny, all I got was some passive aggressive "Well I hope the Templars are the best choice", though I was human. Solas does have this irksome smug quality about him.

On another note, could anybody answer me how far in I am? I've just got the option of the Western Approach and/or Masquerade Ball? Midway? Three-quarters?
There's two missions that cost 20 power each to play. When you clear both of them you are in Act 3 and around the 2/3 mark of the game. Giving any more exact progress is kind of tricky, since the parts of the game can be about as long as you want them to be. I got into Act 3 last night and I've been doing nothing but companion missions since.

Also, Solas is the only character who has a racial component to his romance preferences, so add another point to his racist tally.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:40 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Seriously, though, what does that mean?
My guess is that it's another way of saying 'best'.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:41 PM

Elune

So did anybody else get the conversation-glitch after stopping the first Warden demon ritual, before you get the Siege mission? I noticed it kept coming up a lot when I searched for my bugged Dorian conversation.

Quote:
There's two missions that cost 20 power each to play. When you clear both of them you are in Act 3 and around the 2/3 mark of the game. Giving any more exact progress is kind of tricky, since the parts of the game can be about as long as you want them to be. I got into Act 3 last night and I've been doing nothing but companion missions since.
I just got the two 20 Power missions. I guess now's a good time to burn through basically every other zone in the game (I've only unlocked Story-necessary ones and the Stormlands).

Quote:
Also, Solas is the only character who has a racial component to his romance preferences, so add another point to his racist tally.
Doesn't Cullen only go for Humans and Elves as well?

I also realised we'd never had a full (as in, Companion) Dwarf romance, then again I think the only female Dwarf companion we've ever had was Sigrund from Awakenings. I was surprised they didn't make Varric romanceable after the hype even before DA2 released about him.

Last edited by Drusus; 12-06-2014 at 03:52 PM..
Old 12-06-2014, 05:14 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Mike and David both said at the NYU panel they'd like to see a dwarf romance in the next thing they make.

Still wish they'd patch in a Harding romance though. Harding best girl.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:20 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

So I guess I'm going to go and get DA:I at some point then.

Edit: A Dwarf romance'd be nice.

Last edited by Kellick; 12-06-2014 at 05:24 PM..
Old 12-06-2014, 06:39 PM

Elune

So here's a weird question. Do you eventually hit all the romance scenes if you burn through conversations/approval, or is it triggered by hitting certain waypoints in the main story like in Mass Effect/DA: O? You couldn't kiss Ashley/Kaiden/Liara until after Virmire for example.

I ask this because I'm getting A LOT of cutscenes with Cassandra, right up until the point she storms the Inquisitor's room. Should I be pacing this out more into Act 3? I'm barely getting any conversations out of Cullen on my romance of him (different character obviously), and I've totally dried up the conversations for every other companion. I want to know because it feels very 'unnatural' to keep triggering a scene in constant succession, but I also don't want to risk 'skipping' one by going too far ahead in the story.

Christ, I sound like one of those romance-OCD people on BSN now.

On a more Seras-hating relating note, I thoroughly enjoyed the verbal smackdown I could give her post-companion mission.

I will say that the animation quality is getting pretty horribly aged. After about six years now of seeing them reuse the same animations from Mass Effect onwards it's apparent age is starting to show. Especially as the story progresses, the animations and syncing them to speech is just getting really awkward looking.

Last edited by Drusus; 12-06-2014 at 06:50 PM..
Old 12-10-2014, 03:25 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

So, ive totally lost interest in the game. There are SO MANY side quests left to do, ive near completed the main story, I am disappointed in the structure because all the side quests seem to be useless and irreverent, put me off a fair bit because there is so much and it is too much sandbox.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:52 PM

Elune

Old 12-17-2014, 02:14 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by belorealah View Post
So, ive totally lost interest in the game. There are SO MANY side quests left to do, ive near completed the main story, I am disappointed in the structure because all the side quests seem to be useless and irreverent, put me off a fair bit because there is so much and it is too much sandbox.
Are the side quests that boring or is it because you've finished the main storyline? I've yet to buy the game but based on a few reviews I've read about the game, they seem to have an overall positive view of the side quests this time round.

Also, how do you folks find the romances in DA:I? And by romance, I don't mean the sex scenes thrown in the end mind you. How do you think the relationships have been developed? I personally loved a few of the romances in the ME trilogy so I have high hopes from this one.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:38 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioWare Forums
Hopefully mine [Inquisitor] will look something like this angel.

Slowpoke, get off the official BioWare forums.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:14 AM

Elune

Slowpoke may be a complete fucking creep by our standards but he's actually not even that gross compared to the people on BW's forum.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:27 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Sagara#2842

So, anyone completed a playthrough yet?

I'm starting to hear rumblings that the ending once again ignores most of the decisions in the story, with one of the highlights being the player and the party being completely separated from the forces of the Inquisition for the big final fight, making it just your 4-man party (and the other party members being... somewhere?)

Well, at least they say it's not as bad as ME3! *POSITIVITY!*
Old 12-23-2014, 02:10 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagara View Post
So, anyone completed a playthrough yet?

I'm starting to hear rumblings that the ending once again ignores most of the decisions in the story, with one of the highlights being the player and the party being completely separated from the forces of the Inquisition for the big final fight, making it just your 4-man party (and the other party members being... somewhere?)

Well, at least they say it's not as bad as ME3! *POSITIVITY!*
The ending is basically 'there's going to be a DLC'.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:22 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
The ending is basically 'there's going to be a DLC'.
*Sten deadpan* My surprise knowns no bounds.

What I meant was more along the lines: is there any point in the choices we make, or are we just going to get blue, red and green ending? Or somewhere in that continuum?
Old 12-23-2014, 04:48 AM

Quote:
*Sten deadpan* My surprise knowns no bounds.

What I meant was more along the lines: is there any point in the choices we make, or are we just going to get blue, red and green ending? Or somewhere in that continuum?
There are three "major" choices, each of which are independent and each of which has a few ending slides. They are as follows:

Who is on the throne of Orlais? This has the most possible combinations, with a different ending slide for not only who came out on top (Celene, Gaspard or Briala), but the different fates of the other conspirators, whether or not they were exiled, executed or brought into an alliance.

Were the Grey Wardens of Orlais allowed to rebuild, or executed?

Who is the new divine? Cassandra, Leliana (hardened or unhardened) or Vivienne?

What happened to the mages/templars (depending on whose quest you did)? Did you ally with the templars or absorb them into the inquisition? Did you ally with or enslave the mages? These also differ depending on who is the Divine.

Better than ME3, but not as good as DA.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:52 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
There are three "major" choices, each of which are independent and each of which has a few ending slides. They are as follows:

Who is on the throne of Orlais? This has the most possible combinations, with a different ending slide for not only who came out on top (Celene, Gaspard or Briala), but the different fates of the other conspirators, whether or not they were exiled, executed or brought into an alliance.

Were the Grey Wardens of Orlais allowed to rebuild, or executed?

Who is the new divine? Cassandra, Leliana (hardened or unhardened) or Vivienne?

What happened to the mages/templars (depending on whose quest you did)? Did you ally with the templars or absorb them into the inquisition? Did you ally with or enslave the mages? These also differ depending on who is the Divine.

Better than ME3, but not as good as DA.
So, basically, equivalent to ME3: ExtendedCrap? Your decisions have jack shit influence except for a couple images at the end. Roger that.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:34 AM

Quote:
So, basically, equivalent to ME3: ExtendedCrap? Your decisions have jack shit influence except for a couple images at the end. Roger that.
I'd say DA:I's decisions have more influence than any other bioware game to date, in that your choices actually have ramifications in the game itself. In DA, let's say you decided to side with the elves or the werewolves: you'd get them as an army in the end game, that's about it. In DA:I, making a choice like that would give you a whole slew of wartable missions WITHIN DA:I, and probably a werewolf or an elf walking around skyhold to converse with you.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:28 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Slowpoke, get off the official BioWare forums.
That's not me, Liv Tyler is adorable in many many people's eyes.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Slowpoke may be a complete fucking creep by our standards but he's actually not even that gross compared to the people on BW's forum.
Remember that while he/she/it was kicked off SoL Xil is still an active member of the BSN.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:58 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Remember that while he/she/it was kicked off SoL Xil is still an active member of the BSN.
Was Xil ever officially kicked, or just chased off with torches and pitchforks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:07 PM

World Builder

Okay so I haven't gotten DA:I yet or paid much attention but

Can you get the Goatchucker?

Is that a thing you can do?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Tags
bioware, dragons