Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 10-17-2014, 11:55 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Moving to Moonglade would save me the cost of transfering my soon to be boosted priest to AD (or the pain of leveling a new one).

I'll do what the majority does though, if most of the people in this thread haven't already given up the project.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:25 PM

Arch-Druid

I am Moonglader with quite a few alts there. Eveb got a bank guild, but with purchased tabs, so could use that.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:35 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Moved my mains to AD just a few days ago - just to get out of the hell-hole that is "Die Aldor".
I'm quite happy and fine, so I'll stay there. But I'm always open for alts. So just tell me what the rest decided!
Old 10-17-2014, 02:42 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuEru View Post
Moved my mains to AD just a few days ago - just to get out of the hell-hole that is "Die Aldor".
I'm quite happy and fine, so I'll stay there. But I'm always open for alts. So just tell me what the rest decided!
protip: don't be horde on AD: the players (not so much the roleplayers afaik) are kinda weird/petarded
Old 10-18-2014, 02:57 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
protip: don't be horde on AD: the players (not so much the roleplayers afaik) are kinda weird/petarded
You - have - no idea . . . how my old server was, no matter the side, no matter if they were Roleplayers or not.
And I don't really care, if I'm honest. I assume that every server has a bunch of retards with a bad reputation, on both sides. Most of the time I just play with people I atleast know a bit (i.e. you guys, twitter-people, ingame-friends, RL-friends, etc). I only use Tradechat very rarely and only enter it, when needed. In LFG/LFR/BGs I just ignore the retards - And I don't know if I will 'raid' LFR more than once in WoD.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:34 AM

Elune

Quote:
Yeah, but both AD's Alliance players and roleplayers are that.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:03 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

Makes me sad to see people voting Horde Roleplay as bad, yes, there are a ton of bad rpers, but there are a strong group of great ones.

Currently there is a huge campaign going on on AD, both horde and alliance involving the Iron Horde stuff.

Honestly, its not all bad. There is some really great stuff too.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:50 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by belorealah View Post
Makes me sad to see people voting Horde Roleplay as bad, yes, there are a ton of bad rpers, but there are a strong group of great ones.

Currently there is a huge campaign going on on AD, both horde and alliance involving the Iron Horde stuff.

I have noticed it's better now than how it was a year ago.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:05 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by belorealah View Post

When isn't there one of those obnoxious "look at how many people I can bring to an event and give me e-fame!" campaigns running? I forget who made the original, but I think it was that guy who played a Shaman in Thunderbraid's guild, but every since then you can't go on the forums without tripping up over a dozen of the things.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:59 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
When isn't there one of those obnoxious "look at how many people I can bring to an event and give me e-fame!" campaigns running? I forget who made the original, but I think it was that guy who played a Shaman in Thunderbraid's guild, but every since then you can't go on the forums without tripping up over a dozen of the things.

At least they are doing something! it is creating communication and community rp between what, thirty guilds. As 'fame hungry' as said leaders are, it is still a good thing. Its a bit shitty to slam them down when they put hard work in to it.

The campaigns I have attend are Borderlands and Ashes of Draenor, both were very enjoyable. Respect to the leaders of both of them, it was a real shit storm, but credit where credit is due.

*Sigh* the wow community really is its own poison.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:57 AM

Banished

Wish AD could have some free migration to other realms (other non-rp, yet high populated servers) I'd migrate my 60+ characters in an instant.

I won't contribute to making this thread a negative nancy circle jerk. anymore because At the end. The result is there. It's still shit. Even though some other stuff.. There are gems in there though. (Brigante is a very lovely guy on horde from experience, he doesn't care much about epeen). I just wish it was more lore following. Don't join the LFRP circle jerk (fun thing here, both of them). Don't go to the forums. Either. They are incredibly uninformed and make fanons (server lore) and say stuff like "Iron Horde storms all the way to Blackrock mountains" when it is just a scouting party.

Last edited by Gurzog; 10-29-2014 at 12:12 PM..
Old 10-30-2014, 03:02 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Wish AD could have some free migration to other realms (other non-rp, yet high populated servers) I'd migrate my 60+ characters in an instant.

I won't contribute to making this thread a negative nancy circle jerk. anymore because At the end. The result is there. It's still shit. Even though some other stuff.. There are gems in there though. (Brigante is a very lovely guy on horde from experience, he doesn't care much about epeen). I just wish it was more lore following. Don't join the LFRP circle jerk (fun thing here, both of them). Don't go to the forums. Either. They are incredibly uninformed and make fanons (server lore) and say stuff like "Iron Horde storms all the way to Blackrock mountains" when it is just a scouting party.

Brigante is awesome and a friend of mine.

See, the overall perception is shit. I agree, the forums are a sesspool of twats who enjoy tossing themselves off, or each other, while slamming anyone who gives a damn. Its not a nice place.

However I will repeatedly defend that there is a lot of groups who, are extremely lore following, welcoming, put in a fuckton of effort and time and are getting roped in to the 'perception' which is incorrect. Yes it looks like that from the outside, I agree. but if you are willing to put in the time and effort (Which in my experience people who damn AD do not and want spoon feeding) there are several great groups who will give you a great place to rp.

Thing is, everyone is there to enjoy themselves, to bounce of each other. And if you are a void sucking in everything and giving nothing back then you going to get shunned.

Its a sad truth, but its true.

Just don't be so quick to give upon it, I've had years of amazing plot arcs, making friends (For life) and character growth.

Anyone who is unwilling to work to achieve that. Is doing it wrong.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:35 AM

Priestess of the Moon

That's exactly the way me and my friends see it. *points at belorealah*
We've been active around Stonard the last 2 weeks, with our new bunch of Orc chars we plan to (role)play in WoD. We only have 'humble'/'normal' kind of characters and are just a thrown-together Warband, who only support the 'main forces' of the Horde (i.e. We won't drive back the whole Iron Horde in 2 weeks work, with just 7 people or some other action-movie-like shit).

We didn't sign up for the campaign in the main-thread or anything, nor did we contact the organizers ingame.
We just participate in the general activity around Stonard and the Blasted Lands - and if there are invites for DMed attacks/events we accept.

Of course there are many chars with more titles than braincells.
Of course there is a Shen-zin Su Pandaren Warrior - *cough* Gui *cough* - with the title of "Dragon of someshit" in Full Challenge Mode Gear, a "Fiery Aura" and two blazing longswords from Firelands acting like Chen. (...and I have a special, hatred filled, place in my heart for badly played, over the top, Huojin Chars.)
Of course there are the idiots who celebrated Hallow's End iCly in Stonard, totally drunk, jumping around in pink dresses and other 'costumes', even though it was attacked in the days before AND directly the day after that = in a freakin' Warzone!

...but I just don't see them. (And apparently many others did so to.)
They are... just... extras. We don't interact much with them (and they don't do so with us). And If they die, we don't care. Unimportant loss.
Just "/e shakes his head and turns around." is all it takes to get away from such people.

On the other hand, there are people who really put work into their characters and act authentically.
The blacksmith who flirted with our scout, but was put in his place by her (with backup from the rest of us) - but secretly tries to flirt with her again, now and then.
The really old tauren shaman who sits in a corner all day carving little lucky-dos, giving them to people who head out of the gate, as a little blessing.
The healers who really put work into each emote to make it reasonable and beautiful to read - and not just "lay on hands - bzing! - you're healed!" or "Eat a Senzu bean and you're fine.".
The people who react respectfully to everyone of a higher rank, like the handful of grunts, complete strangers, who went up to our leader, saluted and asked if he had orders, while we were watching the pass. - And others who then followed their lead and asked aswell.
...and many more.

We're happy for each one of those. If you think those are rare to find on Argent Dawn: I can name only two handful of people that fall into this category from my old server. 6 of those migrated with me, 2 stayed there and almost always play by themselves, a few others stopped playing.
My old realm is the most-active german RP-Server and it dies - except for four things: Cathedral-Square-Soap-Opera-RP, Silvermoon-Basar-Soap-Opera-RP and Duskwood-Wildworgen-'Twilight meets Gore'-Soap-Opera-RP - and the obligatory Off-Topic-Discussion (They filled 378 threads with their yadda-yadda-mimimimi shit) and "Trolling"-Threads in the official forum.

Of course I could wish for even more lore-conform RP, less titles being thrown around or more RP support from Blizzard's side, more towns with enough room and opportunities for RP, more RP-useful fun items and many other things...
...but you can't always get what you want.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:02 AM

Arch-Druid

I'm over at Sunveil Riku, give me a poke if you come over.

Would be super fun to RP.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:53 AM

Sentinel Queen

Forums are mixed. Sometimes good stuff there. LFRP is and has always been terrible.

It's not like it used to be, which is probably why I quit - but my personal golden age was vanilla-TBC anyway, so I'll never get that back.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:40 AM

Arch-Druid

Belorealah uses resurrection

So, I've come back to RP after a fair time away. So if anyone is still interested in Belf RP give me poke.

Old 03-07-2015, 01:30 AM

Critter

Im looking forward to come back after ~3Months. With my orc WL, try to do some achievments, find a nicely guild/grp, RP.

Last edited by Unica; 03-07-2015 at 07:46 AM..
Old 05-12-2015, 08:37 PM

Banished

been considering to get unbanned from forumos to spread aids there.

then again Blizzard probably haas spies from illuminati that see this shit and report back to them.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:34 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
been considering to get unbanned from forumos to spread aids there.

then again Blizzard probably haas spies from illuminati that see this shit and report back to them.
You wouldn't spread more aids there than any of the other fucktards shitposting there day in and day out. As a matter of fact, I've got a feeling you'd fit in just perfectly.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:04 PM

Banished

I will probably try to get an unbann in 2 years or less. tried later this year for lolz. BUt blizzard cant forget shit that happened two years ago.

Anyway.

A quick look at the forums and I find most people there to be more Gullible than ever.

Holy shit. Like where the fuck is blizzard, It is against the rules to discuss ANYTHING related to politics religion or other "sensitive" discussions.

oh yeah.

I forgot.

CMs dont do shit.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:57 PM

Elune

Quote:
I will probably try to get an unbann in 2 years or less. tried later this year for lolz. BUt blizzard cant forget shit that happened two years ago.

Anyway.

A quick look at the forums and I find most people there to be more Gullible than ever.

Holy shit. Like where the fuck is blizzard, It is against the rules to discuss ANYTHING related to politics religion or other "sensitive" discussions.

oh yeah.

I forgot.

CMs dont do shit.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:02 PM

Elune

^^^^

kek

Tags
gameplay, world of warcraft