Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 04-24-2014, 04:43 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

Default Argent Dawn EU

Yo guys,

Anyone play Alliance side EU? I want to have some tips and guilds who are good on alliance.

However, the Forums are... Um, difficult.

Anyone play there?

Old 04-24-2014, 07:26 AM

Elune

Which race are you looking at playing?
Old 04-24-2014, 07:33 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

I'm planning to switch to Alliance in WoD too. Actually, it's more like I plan to have two teams with all the professions, so I need quite a lot of Alliance characters to form my second team. (The awesomeness of female orcs convinced me to not simply race change my Horde team.) I've got not idea about guilds, though.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:34 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

I need to hunt down an EU copy of WOW so I can play with you folks, then. >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:35 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I'm planning to switch to Alliance in WoD too. Actually, it's more like I plan to have two teams with all the professions, so I need quite a lot of Alliance characters to form my second team. (The awesomeness of female orcs convinced me to not simply race change my Horde team.) I've got not idea about guilds, though.
Hm, I have a Nelf and a Gnome on that side. Kind of reached a bit of a head with my belf and thinking on breaking on him for a while.

I have heard SO many bad things about Alliance side I haven't gone. But, Was hoping people might know the RP guilds. *Is a bit of a RP snob*

Old 04-24-2014, 07:36 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by belorealah View Post
Hm, I have a Nelf and a Gnome on that side. Kind of reached a bit of a head with my belf and thinking on breaking on him for a while.

I have heard SO many bad things about Alliance side I haven't gone. But, Was hoping people might know the RP guilds. *Is a bit of a RP snob*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
I need to hunt down an EU copy of WOW so I can play with you folks, then. >
Dooo ittt!

Old 04-24-2014, 07:37 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

but all yall europeans on different time zones then us north americans

when I'm just getting off of work at 3pm you all are in bed at 2 am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:38 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

Oh yes! Valid point.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:39 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:

Well, I'm on Moonglade because that's where Hooded is too. I hope that they merge both realms soon.

I've got to say... Goldshire is pretty weird. As someone who mostly plays on non-RP realms, that was shocking.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:43 AM

Arch-Druid

I had a few of my dwarves on Argent Dawn when I played. It was fun. Thunderbraid had a guild there for Dwarves. Dunno if it's still about.

Priestess of the Moon

Sorry, can't help you that much.
I just recently re-started on Argent Dawn (on both sides), since my old homeserver is... bad.

Only Alliance-Guild I know of is Mardenholde Accord, they run Hearthglen, together with a Horde guild, and are pretty active.
But I don't really know them well enough to say "OMG, you must join them, my homies are da best evah!".

I'm just in some leveling-guilds right now. Guess I'll start my own RP guild, with the same bunch of friends as always. And with a garrison, blackjack AND hookers! In fact, forget about the blackjack. And the hookers. We're poor.

Elune

Myself and a few friends were looking at creating an Alliance guild in WoD. Multi-racial, but very much intent on doing Normal (or whatever the equivalent is now) Raids and RBGs. It would have a roleplay grounding and a few of them are definitely pretty heavy roleplayers but but not necessarily its primary focus.

I only bring it up on account of a few people in this thread talking about AD.

In any case, avoid Goldshire. That much is obvious. Alliance RP is kind of a... melting pot as it were. There's a lot of roleplay and as such you get a lot of total shit and a lot of pretty damn good people. You get the best of both worlds. Stormwind is generally mediocre with awful RP and decent-ish. It's kind of the opposite of non-Belf Horde where it's mostly focused on/in guilds but of a consistently decent quality. Alliance has more random RP but that's mostly if you enjoy being Human/people who RP Nelves/Draenei as glorified Humans.

Last edited by Drusus; 04-24-2014 at 07:46 AM..
Old 04-24-2014, 07:45 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: InsipidLobst#2126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Well, I'm on Moonglade because that's where Hooded is too. I hope that they merge both realms soon.

I've got to say... Goldshire is pretty weird. As someone who mostly plays on non-RP realms, that was shocking.
Funnily enough, it's something unique to the larger realms; it was never like that on The Sha'tar when I kicked around there during TBC/Wrath. Deviants gunna deviate.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:54 AM

Arch-Druid

Thanks for the tips guys,

My main experience of Ally is the melting pot, however I am looking for a good guild who will allow a nelf druid. I want to pour a bit of time on it and see if I can enjoy it.

Belf RP on Argent Dawn is awesome, really great group of people, with minimal shit IC. However I am kind of longing for a change.

And I am aware of Goldshire, went trolling there one time.

Oh, and if I do play a nelf, I will be playing a old lore elf. Fit with claws and fierceness and a backstory ill never be able to remember all of it.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:57 AM

Eternal

Quote:

Brits go by real greenwich time, you 'mericans need to catch up to us.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:58 AM

Elune

Quote:
Oh, and if I do play a nelf, I will be playing a old lore elf. Fit with claws and fierceness and a backstory ill never be able to remember all of it.
Just good luck actually finding a guild to roleplay with if you go male.

AD's Nelf population is stuck in this place where they refuse to accept male Sentinels as being canon (Cataclysm says hi) but are absolutely fine with female druids.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:02 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post

AD's Nelf population is stuck in this place where they refuse to accept male Sentinels as being canon (Cataclysm says hi) but are absolutely fine with female druids.
I've noticed as much yes, I have noticed alot of SUPER ARCH-EPIC druid females. When, Lore wise, they have only been studying it a few years.

I dunno. So many bad words about alliance side

Old 04-24-2014, 08:04 AM

Elune

Quote:
I've noticed as much yes, I have noticed alot of SUPER ARCH-EPIC druid females. When, Lore wise, they have only been studying it a few years.

I dunno. So many bad words about alliance side
You thought AD's Belf community was good, so you probably won't mind it. There IS some good stuff, it's just that there's also a lot of bad. Having such a huge population comes with both that advantage and disadvantage really.

Drop me your character name and I'll see if I can be of more assistance when I login.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:08 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
You thought AD's Belf community was good, so you probably won't mind it. There IS some good stuff, it's just that there's also a lot of bad. Having such a huge population comes with both that advantage and disadvantage really.

Drop me your character name and I'll see if I can be of more assistance when I login.
They are good! The Warhost is a great bunch of Rpers.

However, for the real goodstuff, it limits down to a few small groups. (Not mentioning any names)

And, Um, I will PM you my battletag when I get home... As I don't quite remember it

Old 04-24-2014, 08:11 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Well, the Nelf Community has quite many "ARCH-XY of Crazyawesomeness".

I don't know if it's still the case, but the "Darnassus" (i guess later their name changed to "Leafhaven") Guild was lead by a very... very friendly, Sayaad-like friendly, matriarch.

The guild wasn't that bad, but with Sentinels, Druids, Priestessesses... es? of the Moon, Watchers, Craftsmen, etc all in one guild, but different subgroups, with seperate, always changing leaders, it was a pretty huge mount of organisation, which slowed down the guild as a whole.

Of course there were drama-drama, who slept with whom, kind of people. But those are everywhere.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:12 AM

Eternal

Quote:

ho's before bro's on AD?
Old 04-24-2014, 08:12 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuEru View Post

I don't know if it's still the case, but the "Darnassus" (i guess later their name changed to "Leafhaven") Guild was lead by a very... very friendly, Sayaad-like friendly, matriarch.

The guild wasn't that bad, but with Sentinels, Druids, Priestessesses... es? of the Moon, Watchers, Craftsmen, etc all in one guild, but different subgroups, with seperate, always changing leaders, it was a pretty huge mount of organisation, which slowed down the guild as a whole.

Of course there were drama-drama, who slept with whom, kind of people. But those are everywhere.
^ This is what I hope to avoid.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:14 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuEru View Post

Oh dear. Not <Darnassus>. Lets not talk about them.

I give the THEREARENOMALEWARRIORSLALALALA guilds some flak but at least aside from that they're generally pretty good guilds.

These big "come one, come all" guilds that have a million different ranks and sub-groups do tend to get far too bloated and bogged down by an obsession of trying to get more members and thus the quality does down the pan completely.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:30 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

I hate that server.. I hope I don't need reasons to mention the reasons.. (it is primarily the raiding side on horde that likes to lick fried donkey balls).
Old 04-24-2014, 02:30 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I hate that server.. I hope I don't need reasons to mention the reasons.. (it is primarily the raiding side on horde that likes to lick fried donkey balls).
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...rs-recipe.html
but they look soooo tasty

Tags
gameplay, world of warcraft