Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 05:28 PM

Elune

Default The (Un)official Warlards of Draenor Thread IV: Lame Capitals Edition

400 pages is crazy. Can we have a new one?

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.

Last edited by Reignac; 07-01-2014 at 12:59 PM..
Old 06-30-2014, 05:37 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
So you managed to accomplish your pre-BlizzCon goals.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:38 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
No. 400 pages was fine. We don't need multiple threads on the same topic shitting up the board. Besides, it makes finding new information a pain in the ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:40 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
So you managed to accomplish your pre-BlizzCon goals.
We've come full circle. Now I am the OP.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:40 PM

Eternal

I forget, why do we split up the WoD threads anyways? Don't people just check the last few pages to keep up what is recent, which doesn't change regardless of # of pages, be it 100, 400 or 1000.

The big ole MoP thread went to 934 pages and was just fine, why have we changed?
Old 06-30-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
I forget, why do we split up the WoD threads anyways? Don't people just check the last few pages to keep up what is recent, which doesn't change regardless of # of pages, be it 100, 400 or 1000.

The big ole MoP thread went to 934 pages and was just fine, why have we changed?
The son of an elf-loving dragon's rules.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:44 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
The son of an elf-loving dragon's rules.
What rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:45 PM

Elune

Quote:
@Bashiok Nice way of saying ''Thanks for wasting your money at Blizzcon, since everything we say there may not even be in the game.''

Bashiok ‏
@FelSmoke I'm rolling my eyes so hard right now.
lmao
Old 06-30-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
What rules?
Half-Elf-Dragon doesn't need no rules. He just does what he wants.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
lmao
Well, yeah, that's pretty much exactly what he's saying. Nothing at Blizzcon is final, even major discussion points.

Technically, the entire expansion could change. Like, totally and completely. It may be the extreme scenario, but yeah.

It really cheapens the point of Blizzcon.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:49 PM

Elune

I don't think I've ever seen Blizzard break down so publicly. Usually when there's outrage they just stay quiet on it.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:50 PM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

I think the reason they're reacting so defensively, even unprofessionally, is that there really is some severe issue internally, or has been. They seem on edge.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:52 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

This is sort of why I miss GC he had Tenacity.. and he was awesome. I mean he really did a good job. at informing the players and arguing with them and such... CMs seems to lack that.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:55 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
This is sort of why I miss GC he had Tenacity.. and he was awesome. I mean he really did a good job. at informing the players and arguing with them and such... CMs seems to lack that.
Isn't that their job?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:57 PM

World Builder

What's the point of moving them to Ashran, are the buildings there even decent looking?

Plus we just did the whole faction war themed stuff that they botched horribly with SoO, why do the capitals at the PVP zone?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 06-30-2014, 05:58 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Isn't that their job?
The developers? I guess it's part of it /shrug.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:00 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora
People have complained that the IH aren't a big threat. I can see Blizzard using this as an opportunity to kill off various characters.
Sorta to be expected, but that's the worst way to take the complaints.
The gnome, for example, could be impressed by the technology of a conqueror, the goblin by his riches, the elf by his respect for the arcane, the draenei by his moral integrity, the tauren by his calm authoritative bearing. But the orc, who is impressed by none of these things, must always be struck to the dust, and struck down again as he rises, and struck again as he lies groaning. While his wounds still pain him he will respect the hand that dealt them.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:03 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
The developers? I guess it's part of it /shrug.
The CMs. Aren't they the PR guys?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:04 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
The CMs. Aren't they the PR guys?
Yeah

With that said, goodbye.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:21 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Thankfully, there's still an Iron Horde presence in Talador:

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 06-30-2014 at 06:26 PM..
Old 06-30-2014, 06:25 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
I think the reason they're reacting so defensively, even unprofessionally, is that there really is some severe issue internally, or has been. They seem on edge.
Rule #1 of PR is to never, ever, ever sass the customers no matter how wrong the customers are, and for gods sake don't do it publicly.

I wonder if it's a management problem.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:32 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Blackrock Foundry look awesome.

There's also a really tiny strip of train tracks there, but the entrance they come from is covered up by mountains so it might just be a left over.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:35 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Rule #1 of PR is to never, ever, ever sass the customers no matter how wrong the customers are, and for gods sake don't do it publicly.

I wonder if it's a management problem.
Actually i've been kind of wondering about that. Blizzard's upper chameleons seem to be a rather tightknit group of amigos, not a business. To be blunt they look like they lack any amount of professionality, period. I'm beginning to wonder if they even have a management that isn't just windowdressing to shut up whoever owns Blizzard this week.

Also for fuck sake would you please stop splitting the WoD threads? I have enough tabs open as is.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:38 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja
Only idiots with no arguments reply with gifs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars
You don't know the circumstances of his death. Hell, we don't even know he dies. Chill.
Blizzard did create a precedent of bringing back known figures just to kill them off. Just look at Doren. An Alliance quest giver brought back just so the Horde could enjoy killing him.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:43 PM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
Actually i've been kind of wondering about that. Blizzard's upper chameleons seem to be a rather tightknit group of amigos, not a business. To be blunt they look like they lack any amount of professionality, period. I'm beginning to wonder if they even have a management that isn't just windowdressing to shut up whoever owns Blizzard this week.
There've been plenty of reports from former employees about severe nepotism the likes of which is hard to be found, including people being in positions they are in no way qualified for, and mostly in management levels.

There's a group of good old boys that keeps the tasty positions between them, and it's nigh on impossible to actually work your way up. At least that was the gist of most employee reports - take it as you like, it may be assumed that there's always a reason for someone being let go. The truth may be somewhere in the middle, as usual.

#savage tweets. This is completely out of hand now. They're just sniping for fun. Of course they'll get a ton of idiotic tweets, but is this how you want to represent the company in a time of public relations damage control?

Last edited by miffy23; 06-30-2014 at 06:46 PM..
Closed Thread

Tags
warlocks of draenor, world of warcraft