Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-11-2018, 02:29 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Why are people all of a sudden bringing up WrathGate again?
Afrasiabi did it first. Blame him.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:22 PM

Elune

Wowhead just put up videos of some of hte in-game cutscenes from 8.1.

First off, I have to laugh at Sylvanas basically being all "get your own ride home" to the others. Also the talk of the others at the dock continues to be unsubtle about the whole Sylvanas is evil thing.

That one's worth watching if only due to the amusing way the NPCs move due to it being a work in progress.

Also is that the abyssal scepter? Its a generic wand model.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:02 AM

Eternal

So is Lady Ashvane going to be Undead the next time we see her?

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:02 PM

Arch-Druid

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-13-2018, 11:00 PM

Troubadour

Got a big dragon guarding a chest in my expedition. Feels epic.

https://i.imgur.com/qe6Z3iI.jpg

Last edited by Krainz; 11-13-2018 at 11:19 PM..
Old 11-14-2018, 03:23 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post

Nice. I found something similar, but my group decided to go somewhere and my mage alone couldn't kill the mobs.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:47 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

The Vicious Black Warsaber and White Bonesteed mounts would be cooler if Night Elves and Forsaken had ever gotten any black and white recolors of their warfront sets. Especially a big missed opportunity that Night Elf plate doesn't resemble more of the Warden aesthetic and looks way too frilly, and that none of Night Elf sets have a recolor that reflects the cool Night Warrior concept. The Forsaken recolors and armor design are very faithful to the race but I feel like such is not the case with Night Elves, especially with how gold is way too overly used on two of the three recolors.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:50 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:

wtf is wrong with your ui.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:07 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Nice. I found something similar, but my group decided to go somewhere and my mage alone couldn't kill the mobs.
I hate when people do that. Those chests and those elite mobs are the only things worth pursuing while doing expeditions.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:39 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
I hate when people do that. Those chests and those elite mobs are the only things worth pursuing while doing expeditions.
I hate that these events happen near the end (and sometimes not happen at all), so the group often is rushing to finish the expedition and ignores the event completely.

I wish Blizzard swapped these isle invasion events with the Azerite elemental event that appears earlier. Those azerite elementals are boring (always the same thing) and unrewarding (in the sense of chance of special loot).

Old 11-16-2018, 02:34 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
Well, it depends on what you want to get out of the expeditions.

For levelling, grabbing large packs of regular mobs is the best way. And, based on my observations, might actually be a more efficient way to claim special loot. I know it has been stated that rares increase your chances, but each time I've gotten anything, it was more about quantity than quality of the mobs killed.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:40 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

One thing about this whole Wrathgate “Revelation”: how certain are we that Putress was all that treacherous to Sylvanas? I mean he obviously betrayed the Horde, but he didn’t gas the Wrath Gate in the name of the Legion. He gives this big speech about vengeance for the Forsaken. He was acting for and on behalf of his people. It’s been an extremely long time, but I don’t recall him professing loyalty to the Legion when the Alliance comes for him either. Is it possible he was never part of any coup against Sylvanas, but was instead her fall guy?

Last edited by Menel'dirion; 11-17-2018 at 12:45 AM..
Old 11-17-2018, 01:03 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
One thing about this whole Wrathgate “Revelation”: how certain are we that Putress was all that treacherous to Sylvanas? I mean he obviously betrayed the Horde, but he didn’t gas the Wrath Gate in the name of the Legion. He gives this big speech about vengeance for the Forsaken. He was acting for and on behalf of his people. It’s been an extremely long time, but I don’t recall him professing loyalty to the Legion when the Alliance comes for him either. Is it possible he was never part of any coup against Sylvanas, but was instead her fall guy?
He was pretty obviously party to the coup; before fighting through Varimathras' demons down in the Undercity itself, the first enemies Sylvanas and Thrall have to chop their way through are a swarm of Putress's apothecaries and their abominations in the courtyard of the old city, who attack on cue after Varimathras' little speech about his "kingdom of darkness."

If they hadn't been in on Varimthras' coup, they'd have been inclined to help Sylvanas retake the Undercity. Instead they tried to stop her from doing so.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:16 AM

Undead Icon (War3)

The thing is, Putress and his companions might only have jumped ship after it became clear that Sylvanas would sacrifice them in order to keep her position in the Horde.

They might not always have been on team BL, but self preservation is a great motivator.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:15 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
That would be funny. Kinda convenient nobody on his side caught whiff Sylvanas was attacking them on another front though.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:40 AM

Banished

I hate you all
Old 11-17-2018, 12:39 PM

Old 11-17-2018, 05:35 PM

Troubadour

DAMN! Sylvanas Wrathgate Revelation & BRUTAL 8.1 Actions, Darkshore Revamp, Diablo $$$ Leak | News
Old 11-18-2018, 07:36 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

If you'll permit me to channel Gurzog for a moment:
I fucking hate Youtube content creation and the way everyone feels the need to market their videos. It's not enough for it to be clickbait, no it has to be clickbait for 5 year olds. That title is worth an eyeroll as is but the thumbnail is straight cancerous. The only thing its missing is some shitty stretching of sylvanas's face or a crying emoji.

That video could produce the most profound, enlightening analysis ever created with custom animation by Pixar and fully narrated by David Attenborough himself and i still wouldnt click on it if with that thumbnail. That industry model makes me retch far too much to take a word seriously from literally anyone who indulges it.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:42 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
The thing is, Putress and his companions might only have jumped ship after it became clear that Sylvanas would sacrifice them in order to keep her position in the Horde.

They might not always have been on team BL, but self preservation is a great motivator.
If she was behind Putres' actions then why jump back to the Horde?

Because it failed to kill Arthas and she realized she will need another crack at him? Possibly, she did try to kill herself after defeating him so she may have been fine with attracting the ire of the Horde and Alliance. She doesn't really care for the Forsaken either so this is plausible.

Personally my reading of the situation is that she knew of the Blight (which obviously she did) and was probably okay with it being used against the living including allies at some point. However its use at that exact point, at Wrathgate, was not her intent. The coup and losing control was almost certainly not the plan (she may no longer care what happens to her or anything after Arthas dies but she would kill Varimathras just on principle for trying to backstab her).
Maybe she gave the go ahead for Wrathgate but Varimathras and his allies used that exact moment to stage their coup. This coupled with Arthas surviving made her crawl back to the Horde. It works but I feel it adds needless complexity compared to my line of thinking. But this is probably what will happen to retroactively make her look worse in time for Vol'j... Saurfang's rebellion.
Old 11-22-2018, 03:03 PM

Arch-Druid

My headcanon is that Sylvanas didn't personally order the Wrathgate incident, but Putress was acting under the commands given by her. In short, she ordered that, if the opportunity presented itself, he was to destroy the Lich King at all costs. Putress saw the Wrathgate event as the perfect opportunity, as the Lich King was vulnerable and unsuspecting of the forsaken's plans.

If the Lich King was destroyed, Sylvanas wouldn't care less about the Wrathgate. All necessary deaths so she could have her vengeance, and then she'd gladly die. She wasn't bothered by Putress actions, but by the outcome.

With the Lich King surviving and Alliance and Horde forces decimated, Sylvanas was under risk of being hunted down by both factions. Varimathras saw the opportunity and staged his coup to cast her out so she would be an easy target for the factions' fury. However, she took the opportunity to blame everything on him and Putress.

Putress, learning he was being set up by Sylvanas, then asked Varimathras for protection.

Last edited by Deicide; 11-22-2018 at 03:25 PM..
Old 11-23-2018, 08:32 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
My headcanon is that Sylvanas didn't personally order the Wrathgate incident, but Putress was acting under the commands given by her. In short, she ordered that, if the opportunity presented itself, he was to destroy the Lich King at all costs. Putress saw the Wrathgate event as the perfect opportunity, as the Lich King was vulnerable and unsuspecting of the forsaken's plans.

If the Lich King was destroyed, Sylvanas wouldn't care less about the Wrathgate. All necessary deaths so she could have her vengeance, and then she'd gladly die. She wasn't bothered by Putress actions, but by the outcome.

With the Lich King surviving and Alliance and Horde forces decimated, Sylvanas was under risk of being hunted down by both factions. Varimathras saw the opportunity and staged his coup to cast her out so she would be an easy target for the factions' fury. However, she took the opportunity to blame everything on him and Putress.

Putress, learning he was being set up by Sylvanas, then asked Varimathras for protection.
My thoughts exactly, and very similar to Taliesin's.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:57 AM

Banished

Its fucking great that it is confirmed that the whole blizzard is dying stuff that has been posted since wotlk is true.

its just a very very very slow death, they will go ibm mode in the future (which is fast approaching)

also this is beyond stupid.

Last edited by Gurzog; 11-23-2018 at 02:02 PM..
Old 11-23-2018, 04:09 PM

Troubadour

This article makes me think this is why BFA was rushed and many gameplay design elements needed more polishing

https://kotaku.com/the-past-present-...blo-1830593195
Old 11-23-2018, 04:45 PM

Elune

Quote:
This article makes me think this is why BFA was rushed and many gameplay design elements needed more polishing

https://kotaku.com/the-past-present-...blo-1830593195
I never like being a doomsayer but I have to admit that things as of late are worrying. That said, I could see a Pokemon Go style Warcraft thing being kinda neat.

Also I would have fucking loved a Dark Souls styled Diablo. Fuck.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft