Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 04-17-2014, 04:32 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlee View Post
Would the fact that Thrall/Garrosh got most of them killed make them redeemers?
I made my position clear, and I'm not playing your trolling games: the fact that "Thrall freed the orcs and rekindled their spirits with shamanism and Grommash severed their blood ties with Mannoroth" makes them redeemers.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
I made my position clear, and I'm not playing your trolling games: the fact that "Thrall freed the orcs and rekindled their spirits with shamanism and Grommash severed their blood ties with Mannoroth" makes them redeemers.
So was it a good thing or a bad thing that all the orcs died? Serious question.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:02 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
So was it a good thing or a bad thing that all the orcs died? Serious question.
To be honest, I don't understand how your question is in any way relevant to the fact that that "Thrall freed the orcs and rekindled their spirits with shamanism and Grommash severed their blood ties with Mannoroth" makes them redeemers."
Old 04-17-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
To be honest, I don't understand how your question is in any way relevant to the fact that that "Thrall freed the orcs and rekindled their spirits with shamanism and Grommash severed their blood ties with Mannoroth" makes them redeemers."
We're talking about redeemers. Don't you think a good culling of a people, separating the wheat from the chaff is part of that? From Thrall's point of view, the orcs that died in Orgrimmar were the unfaithful. Garrosh practically did him a favor by bringing them out into the light of day. Where they would burn.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:10 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
We're talking about redeemers. Don't you think a good culling of a people, separating the wheat from the chaff is part of that? From Thrall's point of view, the orcs that died in Orgrimmar were the unfaithful. Garrosh practically did him a favor by bringing them out into the light of day. Where they would burn.
That's a disturbingly dehumanizing perspective, so I'm going to let you know that right now that I'm not going to continue this conversation any further.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
That's a disturbingly dehumanizing perspective, so I'm going to let you know that right now that I'm not going to continue this conversation any further.
Well, it is almost Easter. The Ten Commandments broadcast will be soon. Get into the spirit!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:36 PM

Elune

You know, I think everyone should fuck over Azeroth then save it from themselves to look like heroes. That strategy worked well enough for Grom.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:57 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: CJFurious#1908

Even when Grom was killing draeneis he did it under the impression of a righteous cause.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:57 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorhoofMayo View Post
Even when Grom was killing draeneis he did it under the impression of a righteous cause.
I smell sarcasm.

At least I hope it is.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:14 PM

Arch-Druid

Well, Grom was under the impression of it. I don't get why people don't get that.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:15 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorhoofMayo View Post
Well, Grom was under the impression of it. I don't get why people don't get that.
Still hoping it's sarcasm.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:27 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
Still hoping it's sarcasm.
Grom thought the slaughter of the Draenei was approved by their ancestors who the orcs regularly communed with at that point, and the Draenei were plotting against them. It doesn't make it right to be clear.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:52 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeAxe View Post
Grom thought the slaughter of the Draenei was approved by their ancestors who the orcs regularly communed with at that point, and the Draenei were plotting against them. It doesn't make it right to be clear.
For the first part of the war that much was true, but after the point when the orcs started using warlock magic, that couldn't really hold any water as they'd adopted fel magic in the belief that their shamanism failed because the ancestors - the same ones who'd endorsed the war - had betrayed them.

Shattrath and Karabor in particular were crushed more because the orcs were enjoying the bloodshed and conquest too much to stop than out of any remaining belief that they were doing right by the spirits.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:42 PM

Elune

For a culture as backwards and primitive as the Orcs, a race that is explicitly said to be so stupid as to be unable to stand straight without humans teaching them how (after all, thats the given reason Thrall stands straight) I can see how they think if it feels good it must be good
Old 04-17-2014, 11:25 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
For a culture as backwards and primitive as the Orcs, a race that is explicitly said to be so stupid as to be unable to stand straight without humans teaching them how (after all, thats the given reason Thrall stands straight) I can see how they think if it feels good it must be good
i would hope that most the good people at SoL would understand just how bullshit of an answer that was especially given how ALL art since showed orcs standing upright. Orcs must participate in Teach for Draenor as taught by humans given the amount of standing upright that they do.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:07 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
i would hope that most the good people at SoL would understand just how bullshit of an answer that was especially given how ALL art since showed orcs standing upright. Orcs must participate in Teach for Draenor as taught by humans given the amount of standing upright that they do.
We have good people?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:04 AM

Elune

Quote:

Yeah, its bullshit. Hope it gets changed.

Poorly thought out and nonsensical
Old 04-18-2014, 01:17 PM

Grom didn't think anything. He just did as he was told.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:57 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
For the first part of the war that much was true, but after the point when the orcs started using warlock magic, that couldn't really hold any water as they'd adopted fel magic in the belief that their shamanism failed because the ancestors - the same ones who'd endorsed the war - had betrayed them.

Shattrath and Karabor in particular were crushed more because the orcs were enjoying the bloodshed and conquest too much to stop than out of any remaining belief that they were doing right by the spirits.
The orcs ere told the spirits abandoned them, but they weren't told that the ancestors did. Gul'dan even made the point of forbidding attempts to contact orcish ancestors.

Tags
evil, garrosh, grom appreciation thread, grommash hype, orks