Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2015, 07:42 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I'm not a fan of that, and that's why I'm for parts of these books being taken with a grain of salt. If the Alliance took the time to build a giant statue in front of Blackrock Spire using orc prison-labor, I feel like they would know if there were orc holdouts in that mountain.
Not necessarily. It all depends on just how far into BRM/BRS they went into. And just how long they (Alliance) spent there.

Quote:
And before then, if the orcs spent about 6 years holding Blackrock Spire, I feel like they would know (or at least have rumors) about other sentients further down.
Wait a sec, didn't the Horde kick the Dark Iron out of BRS and force them down into BRD? The DI had control of the entire mountain, the Horde moved in and took the upper half while the DI controlled the lower half.

Quote:
Where are these groups getting water and food, for this length of time?
Same place that the Dark Iron were getting theirs. I certainly don't see any massive sources of water and yet Shadowforge City and it's sizeable amount of dwarves have survived.

Again, keep in mind that Grom Hellscream and his big clan of orcs evaded capture for 30 years in SoS. The Alliance tried to find them and never did. If having someone sense them worked, then why didn't the Alliance ever find them until 30 years later?

Quote:
And that just tacks on with the "nobody else in the world of Azeroth knew about the orcs or that Stormwind was fighting a 5-year war against them, not even on the level of rumor, except a few people in Dalaran knew because Khadgar wrote to them; everyone else was completely shocked to discover orcs existed at the moment they reached their doorstep."
And nobody knew about the destruction of Southshore.

Last edited by Ma Caque Attaque; 05-04-2015 at 07:50 AM..

Tags
dark iron, orks