Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3176  
Old Yesterday, 04:47 AM
Deicide Deicide is offline

Arch-Druid
Deicide's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brazil
Posts: 1,472

Default

No one has talked about Mathias Shaw's unique beard in the cinematic.

So, could that be a sign of new beards coming eventually, or just something put together for the cinematic?

--------------------

On another note, if preorders really start next week, we should get allied race updates in PTR this week, I think.
__________________
- Sorry for any typos; english's not my primary language.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; Yesterday at 05:24 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #3177  
Old Yesterday, 08:10 AM
Insane Guy of Doom Insane Guy of Doom is offline

Time-Lost Proto Nerd
Insane Guy of Doom's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,687

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
No one has talked about Mathias Shaw's unique beard in the cinematic.

So, could that be a sign of new beards coming eventually, or just something put together for the cinematic?

--------------------

On another note, if preorders really start next week, we should get allied race updates in PTR this week, I think.
Unique character models unused in the game are nothing new for cinematics. Aggra had a custom model with unique hair in the 4.2 trailer and Dragon Soul cinematic; Varian had a custom model for Lords of War, Illidan and Worgen!Genn have unique cinematic only models as well. The latter two are especially annoying since Illidan's cinematic model is so much better than his in-game one, and Worgen!Genn is wearing clothes, which makes the Broken Shore (and presumably the Battle of Lordaeron once its in game) very weird since he switches from being shirtless to dressed between scenes.
Reply With Quote
  #3178  
Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM
Deicide Deicide is offline

Arch-Druid
Deicide's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brazil
Posts: 1,472

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Unique character models unused in the game are nothing new for cinematics. Aggra had a custom model with unique hair in the 4.2 trailer and Dragon Soul cinematic; Varian had a custom model for Lords of War, Illidan and Worgen!Genn have unique cinematic only models as well. The latter two are especially annoying since Illidan's cinematic model is so much better than his in-game one, and Worgen!Genn is wearing clothes, which makes the Broken Shore (and presumably the Battle of Lordaeron once its in game) very weird since he switches from being shirtless to dressed between scenes.
Yeah, but Mathias is just a generic human, not a main hero with unique model like Genn or Varian. The Aggra example, thought, is closer to Mathias' case.
__________________
- Sorry for any typos; english's not my primary language.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Reply With Quote
  #3179  
Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM
Azurehax Azurehax is offline

Arch-Druid
Azurehax's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,353

Default

They even used the real deal Sargeras model for the cinematic only, which I honestly didn't think they would do, so yeah they usually just create new assets for cinematics to enhance them a lot of the time.

Alsoooooo, about those BFA previews and media stuff that was planned for January, any rumblings about that?
Reply With Quote
  #3180  
Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 20,969

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurehax View Post
They even used the real deal Sargeras model for the cinematic only, which I honestly didn't think they would do, so yeah they usually just create new assets for cinematics to enhance them a lot of the time.

Alsoooooo, about those BFA previews and media stuff that was planned for January, any rumblings about that?
Tomorrow.

If I remember correctly, that Blizzardworld ticket thing had January 23rd as the opening date.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #3181  
Old Yesterday, 04:07 PM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,391
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

If preorders and what not are the 30th then they'd probably set the press embargo to lift that day as well.
Reply With Quote
  #3182  
Old Yesterday, 04:07 PM
Azurehax Azurehax is offline

Arch-Druid
Azurehax's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,353

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Tomorrow.

If I remember correctly, that Blizzardworld ticket thing had January 23rd as the opening date.
Wait, what's Blizzardworld? You mean the Overwatch map? I'm confused.
Reply With Quote
  #3183  
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM
Joeygiggles Joeygiggles is offline

Arch-Druid
Joeygiggles's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,114
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurehax View Post
Wait, what's Blizzardworld? You mean the Overwatch map? I'm confused.
Yea the blizzard world is for Overwatch and has nothing to do with WoW in the sense of BfA so not sure what he's referring to
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3184  
Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM
Asterisk Asterisk is offline

Arch-Druid
Asterisk's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Lanes Between
Posts: 1,269

Default

I don't remember, do they usually announce preorders ahead of time? If they do and preorder is really on the 30th, I'd expect an announcement soon.
Reply With Quote
  #3185  
Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 20,969

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurehax View Post
Wait, what's Blizzardworld? You mean the Overwatch map? I'm confused.
https://blizzard.gamespress.com/Over...d-World-Ticket

It's just my guess. I expect them to hype that with other announcements.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #3186  
Old Today, 11:26 AM
Krainz Krainz is online now

Troubadour
Krainz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 1,753
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
The Vindicar has it's own little transporter pad in Dalaran. Doesn't seem hard to shuffle entire armies through that thing considering we have a couple of footholds over there.

No, i will not accept Gameplay and Story Segregation. Interplanetary portals are a thing in-story, there's absolutely no reason to believe this one is an exception. Especially when it uses the technology exclusive to the Vindicaar instead of a random portal mage.
Have fun

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3187  
Old Today, 01:06 PM
Insane Guy of Doom Insane Guy of Doom is offline

Time-Lost Proto Nerd
Insane Guy of Doom's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,687

Default

I'm kind of surprised they bothered the change the text from Varian to Anduin, yet left the part about being kidnapped.
Reply With Quote
  #3188  
Old Today, 01:41 PM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,391
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I'm kind of surprised they bothered the change the text from Varian to Anduin, yet left the part about being kidnapped.
The name change was probably as simple as just ctrl+f Varian and replace with Anduin.
Reply With Quote
  #3189  
Old Today, 01:44 PM
Kyalin V. Raintree Kyalin V. Raintree is offline

Hippogryph Rider
Kyalin V. Raintree's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 211

Default

It seems a bit strange to me to offer as a defense of a lore inconstency: another lore inconstency from the same property.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3190  
Old Today, 02:29 PM
Deicide Deicide is offline

Arch-Druid
Deicide's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brazil
Posts: 1,472

Default

Nothing new today?
That's very disappointing.
__________________
- Sorry for any typos; english's not my primary language.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Reply With Quote
  #3191  
Old Today, 02:39 PM
Insane Guy of Doom Insane Guy of Doom is offline

Time-Lost Proto Nerd
Insane Guy of Doom's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,687

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Nothing new today?
That's very disappointing.
While not official news, Marlamin on MMO-Champion said "Some rumblings on test region realmlist, nothing tangible but might be Blizzard doing some work on alpha/beta realms." So hopefully we'll hear something about alpha soon.
Reply With Quote
  #3192  
Old Today, 02:44 PM
Deicide Deicide is offline

Arch-Druid
Deicide's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brazil
Posts: 1,472

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
While not official news, Marlamin on MMO-Champion said "Some rumblings on test region realmlist, nothing tangible but might be Blizzard doing some work on alpha/beta realms." So hopefully we'll hear something about alpha soon.
That's interesting, but I was hoping something regarding the Silithus storyline. At the very least, the new BG.
__________________
- Sorry for any typos; english's not my primary language.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Reply With Quote
  #3193  
Old Today, 02:55 PM
Insane Guy of Doom Insane Guy of Doom is offline

Time-Lost Proto Nerd
Insane Guy of Doom's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,687

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
That's interesting, but I was hoping something regarding the Silithus storyline. At the very least, the new BG.
There is a datamined quest where Mathias Shaw/Nathanos contact you again and ask you to complete a Seething Shore match (and of course the artifact retirement, though I imagine they're saving that for closer to BfA since that artifact instability thing would be really annoying for a long period of time) so we know something is coming at some point.
Reply With Quote
  #3194  
Old Today, 03:49 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Elune
GenyaArikado's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,251

Default

Did they edit the belf quest to join the Horde?
__________________
"...when she smiled into the black hole, it smiled back..."
Reply With Quote
  #3195  
Old Today, 04:21 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Elune
Gurzog's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 13,832
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Blood elves are an allied race now.
__________________
Btag is Hulk#23939
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.