Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 08-05-2016, 05:39 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
To be fair though, I honestly think - unless it's Thunderbraid and yes I do like Thunderbraid - a lot of the Dwarf fanboyism is more tongue-in-cheek than the elf crowd, who are genuinely diehard and delusional in their adoration. Even if we do love dwarves. A healthy dosage of my dwarf fanboyism comes from their traditional (if not in Warcraft) disdain for elves.
Probably.

Still makes Fel's response kind of valid, since being anti elves is expected from you.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:01 AM

Eternal

Holy crap. There is a crafting component for an engineering item that drops of the doomwalker from BC. That is ridiculous. That's going to be so rare its almost a joke having it in the game. The damn thing only spawns once or twice a week and everyone kills it because it drops highly valuable transmog items. Take CRZ into account and its almost impossible to catch.

Apparently someone has killed it so either it isn't dropping yet or it doesn't even have a 100% drop rate. That seems pretty dumb.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:03 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Probably.

Still makes Fel's response kind of valid, since being anti elves is expected from you.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:04 AM

Banished

Because elves dont need to be tongue in cheek about being above the cattle.

Last edited by GenyaArikado; 08-05-2016 at 06:08 AM..
Old 08-05-2016, 06:39 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

elves are for fat nerds.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:55 AM

Elune

Quote:
Well, to be fair, many of the dwarf fans on this forum, including you, give the impression that they're trying to prove that their race and, by extension, they are the cream of the cream. Just like the elf fans, but in another way.
This is a really weird post.

Nobody is trying to prove that dwarves are the best. If you'll notice, much of the circlejerking over dwarves is contained in the Dwarf Thread. Even in the dwarf thread, you're not going to find a majority of posts saying "dwarves are the BEST race in Warcraft, because they're the BEST AT EVERYTHING!" You're more likely to see appreciation for the race because of their traits that people like.

You're certainly going to see a lot less butthurt (and attention whoring) from dwarf fans than you're going to see from elf fans.

Trying to compare the two is really disingenuous.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:58 AM

Elune

Thunderbraid is fun to gank in bgs.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:12 AM

Eternal

Quote:
What's with this forum and, "I disagree, cba arguing it, so I'll just make a remark that 'oh it's just Poster being Poster lol'.

Stay mad over nothing.
It's just Feltongue being Feltongue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
Holy crap. There is a crafting component for an engineering item that drops of the doomwalker from BC. That is ridiculous. That's going to be so rare its almost a joke having it in the game. The damn thing only spawns once or twice a week and everyone kills it because it drops highly valuable transmog items. Take CRZ into account and its almost impossible to catch.

Apparently someone has killed it so either it isn't dropping yet or it doesn't even have a 100% drop rate. That seems pretty dumb.
A good example of a cool idea, not such a cool execution.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:17 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post

Nobody is trying to prove that dwarves are the best. If you'll notice, much of the circlejerking over dwarves is contained in the Dwarf Thread. Even in the dwarf thread, you're not going to find a majority of posts saying "dwarves are the BEST race in Warcraft, because they're the BEST AT EVERYTHING!" You're more likely to see appreciation for the race because of their traits that people like.

You're certainly going to see a lot less butthurt (and attention whoring) from dwarf fans than you're going to see from elf fans.

You are right, Frostwolf.

Last edited by Drusus; 08-05-2016 at 02:57 PM..
Old 08-05-2016, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post

While I'm grateful that it's mostly contained and acknowledge that it's different (Less "they're the best at everything" and more "they're the hardiest and most indomitable".), doesn't it still amount to the same? I'd say that comparing both is valid.

Besides, it's not like we don't see "kill all elves" often enough, even outside of the dwarven thread.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:32 AM

Eternal

Quote:
While I'm grateful that it's mostly contained and acknowledge that it's different (Less "they're the best at everything" and more "they're the hardiest and most indomitable".), doesn't it still amount to the same? I'd say that comparing both is valid.

Besides, it's not like we don't see "kill all elves" often enough, even outside of the dwarven thread.
Let's just solve this issue, be honest with ourselves and agree that all the player races suck.

Go Mantid.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:34 AM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Of course when Elves fans are like Genya it doesn't make anyone appreciate them...
Old 08-05-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
Let's just solve this issue, be honest with ourselves and agree that all the player races suck.

Go Mantid.
WoW needs playable Skritt.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:40 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
elves are for fat nerds.
And gay nerds (me)
Old 08-05-2016, 07:54 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
What's with this forum and, "I disagree, cba arguing it, so I'll just make a remark that 'oh it's just Poster being Poster lol'.

Stay mad over nothing.
Idk you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.
I fore one am enjoying the over the top cheesy edginess of Demon Hunters. And Elves with a superiority complex? Hold the press!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post

World Bosses will have their respawn reduced to like 15 minutes.
At least Galleon and co, I bet it'll also count for the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
It's just Feltongue being Feltongue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I.e. brilliant, thank you.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:57 AM

Elune

People are debating whether they want to play legion or not.
lol

aside from that since circle jerks are unhealthy. you need me.

Last edited by Gurzog; 08-05-2016 at 08:01 AM..
Old 08-05-2016, 08:29 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Camera distance is being increased

We’ve been closely following the discussion around 7.0.3 camera changes, and especially feedback regarding specific sources of visual and physical discomfort. We recently released a client hotfix that addressed a number of mount-related camera issues, and we have another update in the works that addresses screen/FOV distortion resulting from addons that alter the viewport. Many developers on the WoW team are sensitive to various forms of motion and simulation sickness, and it’s an issue about which we care deeply. The last thing we want is for anyone who loves the game to feel unable to enjoy it due to physical discomfort.

Obviously, the cap on CVar-controlled max zoom distance has been a major focus of both community and our own internal discussions. My original post on the matter was not as clear as it could have been regarding our motivations for the change in the first place. It placed too much emphasis on “competitive advantage” in terms of a level playing field, when the core concern I was trying to convey is that “whatever the maximum allowed, that’s what competitive players will use in order to maximize performance, even at the expense of the game’s overall look and feel.” That shouldn’t be a terribly controversial statement: When you’re trying to dodge Fel Outpouring waves on Kormrok in Hellfire Citadel, the farther out you can zoom, the sooner you can see when they’re headed your way; why wouldn’t you zoom out as far as possible? (Corollary: Around what expected zoom level do we tune the speed and lethality of the waves?)

In the course of working on Legion, and trying to improve the overall look and feel of our combat, class abilities, and the ways in which players interact with the world, we took stock of all aspects of that experience, including the camera. World of Warcraft is an avatar-driven open-world RPG, placing the player in the shoes of a hero who adventures throughout Azeroth, yet with the previous max console zoom, that hero would commonly take up less screen real estate than characters in isometric games like Diablo or Heroes, or even many Starcraft 2 units. At that zoom level, details of your character get lost, and details in the world vanish. The game ultimately is designed to be experienced with the camera zoom range available in the default UI.

Now, that is not to say that we don’t at times fail in creating an overall experience that is smooth and free of frustration at those zoom levels. When a tank can’t see around a boss like Archimonde to know where incoming demons are in order to corral them, that’s obviously not ideal. There is much we can do to keep WoW’s scale from spiraling out of control, as well as UI and camera improvements to the experience of fighting huge monsters, and we’ll be paying close attention to feedback along those lines as we move into Legion.

We intended to limit the console-overridden camera zoom very early on in the Legion Beta, which would have left us with many months to iterate on gameplay and feedback that arose from the change before releasing Legion. However, due to an oversight (we capped one way of overriding it, but not another) the change did not properly go through until the very end of the development cycle. Since then, we’ve heard from many players that they’ve relied on increasing the camera zoom to counteract a number of sensitivities, ranging from motion sickness to headaches from spell effects.

Recently, a number of players have reported some relief through using a new addon that allows them to bypass any and all limits on zoom distance. That addon takes advantage of a bug that has existed for some time but gone unnoticed (passing a negative value into a function). In an upcoming hotfix, we will be fixing that bug and thus causing that addon (and others like it) to honor the standard camera limits.

However, in that same hotfix, we will also be raising the hard cap on camera zoom to a midway point between what was possible prior to 7.0, and what is possible through the in-game interface options. This increased cap will allow power users to once again be able to extend their camera distance via a console command, should they so desire. The choice of the new max was informed by reports from players regarding what zoom distance eased the discomfort they were experiencing. Ultimately, we would prefer to address the underlying issues rather than relying on increased zoom to mask those issues, but now that patch 7.0.3 is live and we cannot properly iterate on the sort of changes that would be required, reapplying the band-aid is preferable to leaving an open wound.

We look forward to hearing your feedback once these changes are live. We want to continue working to improve the readability, usability, and accessibility of our game from a visual standpoint, including camera functionality, and community feedback and discussion are invaluable when dealing with such an inherently subjective area.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...age=8#post-147
Old 08-05-2016, 09:01 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.

Last edited by neoshadow; 08-05-2016 at 09:05 AM..
Old 08-05-2016, 09:50 AM

Eternal

It's a compromise, that's something at least.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:03 PM

Elune

Yall are just jelly demon hunters are anime
Old 08-05-2016, 12:04 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Yall are just jelly demon hunters are anime
I've got a Shoryuken on my monk. I'm satisfied.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:07 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
I've got a Shoryuken on my monk. I'm satisfied.
Monks are the anti-edge. So non edgy they are edgy. So they can get thr Shoryuken
Old 08-05-2016, 12:31 PM

Warden

With how many meaningless conflicts resolved by a handful of absurdly powerful individuals, vague speeches on the power of love/friendship/unity/some other blether, and continual corruption of former allies for pointless grabs of power, Warcraft is more anime than most anime.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:28 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
Idk you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.
Kek, nigga are you even serious right now?
Old 08-05-2016, 03:21 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
They already said 7.1 will have a "Mega Dungeon" so thats already 100x more that 6.1
I bet the mega-dungeon will be scrapped in favour of the ActionCam.

Tags
garrisons never change, leg expansion, world of warcraft, wow legion