Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm Discussion

Old 04-16-2017, 09:49 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Best thing is playing Value Priest with lots and lots of card steal, and getting like 3 Ice Barriers.

Then watching the mage die to fatigue. :p
?

How does that work against infinite fireballs?
Old 04-16-2017, 06:16 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
?

How does that work against infinite fireballs?
Ice Block blocks any fireballs. And usually a mage will run through all or at least most of his cards before he gets the full combo. So if you can hold off, you can usually clear everything off and then heal yourself up and they've just run out of stuff.

Meanwhile the priest has been out-resourcing the mage all game and using their own clears and burn spells against them while building a board.

You have to be lucky and steal the ice block usually, though.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:47 PM

Arch-Druid

Panda gang up? :raptor:

Played against mill Rogue with quest Hunter. Felt good.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:42 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Ice Block blocks any fireballs. And usually a mage will run through all or at least most of his cards before he gets the full combo. So if you can hold off, you can usually clear everything off and then heal yourself up and they've just run out of stuff.

Meanwhile the priest has been out-resourcing the mage all game and using their own clears and burn spells against them while building a board.

You have to be lucky and steal the ice block usually, though.
You said Ice Barrier, which made me think of Frost Barrier but now I realize you meant Ice Block. Okay yeah that sucks, but you are betting your win on getting IB from a semi-random effect. I still think you'd be much better served running something like Pirate Warrior and pressuring the Mage down.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:11 PM

Elune

Played a mage deck focused on cheap damage spells, cheap spell-boosting creatures and arcane wyrms versus a priest deck focused on copying cards. It was glorious.

It ended with both players out of cards while having 20+ HP, but the priest still had an overly-boosted arcane wyrm on the field
Old 04-18-2017, 03:42 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
You said Ice Barrier, which made me think of Frost Barrier but now I realize you meant Ice Block. Okay yeah that sucks, but you are betting your win on getting IB from a semi-random effect. I still think you'd be much better served running something like Pirate Warrior and pressuring the Mage down.
Yeah, sure.

It's a very rock-paper-scissors-y meta right now. (Aggro beats Rogue, Rogue beats Control, control can maybe beat Aggro)

Pure aggro is still kind of king because nothing really beats it very expediently.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:36 PM

Eternal

They should buff albert levin saber.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:49 PM

Arch-Druid

Gold (War3)

Same.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:35 PM

Eternal

The problem will always be trying to control the pace of the game. Fast decks are absolute cancer because its just a race to see who can flood the board more and who gets lucky enough to have removals.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:55 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Played a mage deck focused on cheap damage spells, cheap spell-boosting creatures and arcane wyrms versus a priest deck focused on copying cards. It was glorious.

It ended with both players out of cards while having 20+ HP, but the priest still had an overly-boosted arcane wyrm on the field
Don't know what your dust situation is but you might want to try the Hemet Mage. It is a deck that runs only 3 mana or less cards, Hemet, 2x Fireball, 2x Firelands Portal and 1x Pyroblast. The idea is to draw Hemet, ideally you get one of your 2x Iceblock first. You play Hemet and then all you have left in your deck is your burn and you finish off the enemy before they get you.

Seems like it is loads of fun and having Hemet also lets you make the OTK Molten Giants Paladin. I am sorely tempted to waste some dust to make this happen.

PS. Didn't know you play HS, add me, my Btag is MayhemInc#2519 Offer stands to any other interested EU player as well.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:14 AM

Elune

Yarr, same for me, though I don't play much.

Battletag is RamsesIJff#2345
Old 04-20-2017, 09:07 AM

World Builder

This game is so annoying sometimes, when I lose it's after a long, drawn out fight but whenever I win it's because I got a few good cards early on and my opponent just surrenders

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Tags
black knight best knight, blizz plays pot of greed, brawl is best ever, digimon, exodia, eye of kilrog, new magma rager, pokemon, tcg