Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 09-02-2013, 04:52 PM

Elune

Saw it at Barnes & Noble, and figured "why not?" My OCD will bug me if I have every other comic but not this one.

So, Ironhoof is a total bro. Malgar's gun being broken had nothing to do with him but he still went and bought a replacement bow anyway.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:33 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
Aye..

It's why my theory on what made the pack form so different than say, bear or cat form, is that while Druids of the Claw are changing into nightsabers and bears, Druids of the Pack were trying to turn into an ancient itself. Not just a wolf, but Goldrinn.
I think it's the same across forms. It was more the nature of the form or patron spirit itself. Ursoc and Ursal did not have the rage issues that Goldrinn had. Tyrande, Malfurion, Cenarius, and even Ralaar seemed to believe that it had to do with Goldrinn's rebellious rage and bloodthirst.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:41 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
I think it's the same across forms. It was more the nature of the form or patron spirit itself. Ursoc and Ursal did not have the rage issues that Goldrinn had. Tyrande, Malfurion, Cenarius, and even Ralaar seemed to believe that it had to do with Goldrinn's rebellious rage and bloodthirst.
Yeah, this is also what I believe.

Did the druids of the pack really want to turn into an ancient?
I can't remember having read that.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:52 PM

Elune

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but Felgrim was the guy who gathered ingredients for Putress's plague at the Wrathgate. That's why he got such a hostile reception in Orgrimmar.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:54 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but Felgrim was the guy who gathered ingredients for Putress's plague at the Wrathgate. That's why he got such a hostile reception in Orgrimmar.
Yep, Gurtogg did. I'm glad that this is the case because every Forsaken getting attacked didn't sit well.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:17 PM

Demon Hunter

Biggest disappointment of this book was Jheremy Raapack's incredible pencils being ruined by some of the laziest inking and coloring I've seen. The coloring isn't even consistent from one panel to the next.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:00 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Nope.

The old druid Bear Form quest explained it pretty well.

What they were doing was, in spirit, "becoming" the bear. They had to understand it completely. You learned it from the Great Bear Spirit. What it meant to be a bear. What it was to be a bear.

Otherwise, Bearform would have had it's own issues by now, as one of the Bear Gods was corrupted and raised with Old God (or was it necromancy?) juice.

Druids of the Pack though were, as you say, taking on traits from Goldrinn himself. And, his traits are not all that common, even among wolves.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:42 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
Biggest disappointment of this book was Jheremy Raapack's incredible pencils being ruined by some of the laziest inking and coloring I've seen. The coloring isn't even consistent from one panel to the next.
I was going to say, I would have preferred an uninked approach. But I think DC is too cheap to put a decent colorist on a book like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 09-03-2013, 09:47 PM

Demon Hunter

The inks honestly aren't even that bad. Uninked would still have been better, ala Tony Washington's work on Ashbringer and Curse of the Worgen, but the inks would've been fine if the colorist hadn't done such a mediocre job.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:08 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
The inks honestly aren't even that bad. Uninked would still have been better, ala Tony Washington's work on Ashbringer and Curse of the Worgen, but the inks would've been fine if the colorist hadn't done such a mediocre job.
Well, they're inconsistent. There were three inkers and two colorists on the book. That's normally bad news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 09-03-2013, 11:17 PM

Elune

Ugh, I thought that top left panel looked weird. It wasn't until just now I realized his shirt was flesh colored. I actually thought he just randomly got a shirt for one panel instead.

With that said, goodbye.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:03 PM

Elune

Reading this as we speak.

One question comes to mind:

Why haven't you gotten an orc waifu, yet?

As soon as I saw the fight between Shagara and Ashra, I was sold.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:42 PM

Ranger
BattleTag: Sayomara#1618

Finally got around to publishing my review of BloodSworn. Honestly I really enjoyed it. It was a refreshingly simple story that knew what it wanted to do and did it.
My Everything Podcast: Far Afield
Old 10-11-2013, 06:58 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Damn, I take back what I said earlier.

This book puts Dark Riders to shame, especially in artwork. Big shocker there I suppose.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:36 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Damn, I take back what I said earlier.

This book puts Dark Riders to shame, especially in artwork. Big shocker there I suppose.
You're reading it? PM me, dude!
Old 10-12-2013, 12:14 AM

Elune

local comic shop has it, not sure if want
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:45 AM

Guru of Gilneas

I finally got around to reading this, and I have my own observations and questions. I did forget about this thread and the spoilers, so I think some of my initial first impressions overlap with what has already been said in the thread. No particular order:

Shamanism: So the elements are raging and Shagara the shaman uses her shamanistic magic to stop them. Okay. Have you ever noticed that it's always the shamanistic Horde who deals with raging elements? Do the elements not rage on Alliance lands? It's like how you can bet that the pious Alliance will always get dealt a foe that requires a priest or paladin using the Light.

Orc Farms: I remember having debates with some people about orc farms and whether they grew food, because most farms just show pigs. We have strong evidence that orc farmers do grow produce on farms across Durotar and the Barrens. What's more, there are apparently A LOT of orcish farmers.

'Garad' Means What: Is there an etymological link between the name of the 'Garad'kra' militias and the orcish town of 'Garadar'?

Game Things:
- All quests may be canonical, but it was still nice to see the Blood Knight initiation quests alluded to.
- It was nice to see the in-game orc totems used.
- Having practice-targets in Orgrimmar was a nice touch.

Matching Game: "Which one of these things is not like the other?" So we have a post-BC blood elf paladin, an orc shaman and hunter, a tauren, and a troll druid. They should hate all things fel on principle, yet none of them bat an eyelash about the fact that their sixth party member is an openly-practicing warlock?

Kalimdor: It was absolutely fantastic seeing scenes of Durotar, Barrens, Mulgore, and the Desolace in the comic. Unfortunately, it seems that we did not see that much of a landscape apart from generic rock formations towering in the background, including the Barrens.

Centaurs: I was a bit surprised that centaur have cannibalistic appetites that include both tauren and orcs. If I play Horde again, I certainly won't feel sorry about killing them.

For the Horde!: A centaur joins the Horde, but centaurs will not be Horde. Got it. Nevertheless, it's hard to imagine that this is Garrosh's Horde, or at least the start of it. I will give the Horde credit for one thing, they are pretty incredible recruiters.

Tags
comic, duplicate thread