Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 07-28-2013, 05:00 PM

Elune

Panda Moste Potente Potions - The Alcohol Thread

1. How much do you drink?

2. What's your poison?

3. When do you stop?

A bit tanked right now, had a fun evening so why not. Especially since I have this cousin who just doesn't know when to quit, he becomes horribly annoying when he overdoes it. I just don't get people who drink more then is necessary to get buzzed and relax.
Still I think if you know how to drink it is an awesome thing. You chill, you forget all the crap in the world, you are inexplicably happy... pretty sweet deal for drinking a couple of shots.

Talk to me SoL.

1) This may or may not be a survey to determine who gets invited to my very own SoL meetup.

2) The thread title is not a typo.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:14 PM

Elune

I drink like once every few months and then regret it horrible later and promise myself to never do it again. I get drunk way too quickly and then do dumb things. My real friends wouldn't push me to drink!
Old 07-28-2013, 05:29 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

1) How much I drink varies, though it's rare for me to drink more than, say, a bottle of beer or two. Some of this has to do with the fact that I very often drive, so I absolutely cannot afford to drink very much (if I don't have to drive, or someone else is, I may be a bit more liberal).

2) Beer or wine, generally.

3) Enough to get buzzed, but I dislike being seriously drunk.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 07-28-2013, 05:34 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

I never before realised how close "Overdoes" and "Overdose" are. Just the one letter need be moved.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:42 PM

Problemsolver

1. I'm not very good at holding my liquor. On avarage I think I drink about 1 or 2 litres of wine and maybe two or three bottles of beer a night.

2. Cheap white wine and elk brew. I don't really like beer that much, but there's something about the elk. And although it's very seldom I drink it, whisky has always had a special place in my heart.

3. When I decide to go to bed, usually. But every now and then, when the party just goes on, I stop when I'm lying crawled up in a hedge with last night's dinner all over myself.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:52 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by destron View Post
3) Enough to get buzzed, but I dislike being seriously drunk.
Rock on. You get buzzed and then you only add when you feel like you're losing the buzz. And before going to sleep you drink as much water as you can... in the morning no hangover.

Also for questions 1 and 2.

1. I drink sparingly, during celebrations (especially tedious ones to pass the time) and when a cool bunch of people get together. How much I drink is directly proportional to the length of the festivities, between 1 and 4 liters of wine.

2. I like a mixture of white whine and carbonated water, that is my regular drink. Sometimes beer, usually when lounging around with friends.
When I want to get drunk I like anything strong (whiskey, rakija, scotch...) and wash it down with coke.

Last edited by C9H20; 07-28-2013 at 06:02 PM..
Old 07-28-2013, 05:57 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Never drank alcohol unless by accident, never intend to do so.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:57 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

I'm made entirely out of booze.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:58 PM

Problemsolver

I feel the need to add the following statement, that a white russian is the best drink. Of them all. Ever.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:07 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Rock on. You get buzzed and then you only add when you feel like you're losing the buzz. And before going to sleep you drink as much water as you can... in the morning no hangover.
Yes, that's usually how I like to do it. The few times I've been seriously hung over were too unpleasant for the previous night to justify.

I also have a pretty low tolerance. After a few beers it becomes much more obvious that I'm half-Japanese.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 07-28-2013, 08:53 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

I rarely have more than 2 of anything in one sitting, be it glasses of wine, beers, cocktails, etc. My drink of choice is a cuba libre with fresh lime and a dark rum: I've been ordering this since I was a teenager since it's not particularly strong so I don't get drunk at business meetings but it's still a relatively "masculine" looking drink so I save face with my clients, and I've developed a taste for it outside of work. That said I also like a good, hard cider now and then. I've also got a taste for absinthe but that's mostly just to show off the fact that I own an absinthe tower.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:58 AM

Eternal

I don't drink at all. Nor do I smoke.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:02 AM
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

1. Frequently

2. Beer, perhaps some red wine

3. When I don't feel like drinking anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
I'm made entirely out of booze.

Last edited by Porimlys; 07-29-2013 at 01:04 AM..
Old 07-29-2013, 01:33 AM

Demon Hunter

1) Once or twice a year (usually in February, around my birthdate).
2) Whiskey
3) I usually keep drinking until the night is gone (odd that I have only ever had a hangover once).
Old 07-29-2013, 02:20 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Haven't really liked much alcoholic beverages I've imbibed, but I do think I could potentially be more of a wine type of person.

Might wait until the Fall season to try some pumpkin spice flavored ales.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:27 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Haven't really liked much alcoholic beverages I've imbibed, but I do think I could potentially be more of a wine type of person.

Might wait until the Fall season to try some pumpkin spice flavored ales.
Love me some pumpkin ales. Generally do a full sampling of all the ones up here come fall.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:50 AM

Eternal
Location: England, Great Britain, Soon to be United States of Europe

1. Too much, apparently. A bit every week, to drunkenness every month (or maybe a bit more often).

2. Beer, cider, spirits, started to get into wine.

3. When I run out or have to go to bed, generally. Except for when I have spirits, when I just stop at some arbitrary point.
It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag."
- Father Dennis Edward O'Brian, USMC
Old 07-29-2013, 09:54 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Torch#2569

1) Practically never. (As in, maybe once every couple of years if I'm cajoled into it. Don't plan to change at university)

2)

3) Never, unless I've actually started. Which then ends up as ASAP.

If I die, blame it on BfA
Old 07-29-2013, 10:02 AM

Ranger

I used to drink a lot in college. To much actually. I would play this game called Edward 40 hands every weekend. The game is to see how fast you can drink 2 40oz beers. I would warm up with a few cans of beer, do the 40s, then drink off a keg or more cans for the rest of the night. if I wasn't doing 40s, I would drink a 30 pack of beer a night. This was just the weekends. I usually kept it below a 12 pack during the week. I would would end up blacking out sometimes.
Now that I am all "grown up" I don't drink near as much. Only on the weekends too. But after I have a few, I feel like my old self, and think a can just keep drinking. This usually ends up with me feeling like death warmed over for the entire next day...
Old 07-29-2013, 10:03 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

I gave up drinking to get drunk a while ago. If it's not enjoyable to drink there is no point to it.

I prefer stouts, coffee and chocolate being the preferred, but a nice crisp cider now and then helps out. A little irish creme to spice up my coffee from time to time. A sip of brandy on a cold winter day.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:52 AM

Eternal

I go Tertiary Alcohol.

Because fuck you if you don't get the joke.

A beloved archetype of modern era!" - Kir the Gul'dan
Old 07-29-2013, 12:14 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

I like booze. Pretty much any kind as long as it's of fair quality, but I'm not such a snob that I will scoff at a proffered PBR. I don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I can't really pick a favorite because when done correctly, all of them are fantastic IMO. I would tentatively say that vodka isn't my favorite, but this new Tito's stuff is pretty cheap compared to other 'nice' vodkas like Grey Goose and Absolut, but is easily just as good. Of all the liquors, I'd rank whiskey/whisky as my favorite. Any kind really, but bourbon and rye are preferred to Scotch and blends. Wine is an unknown quantity to me, I don't know how to judge wine or really properly drink it. I just know I like spicy/robust reds like Malbec and generally am not a huge fan of whites. Since it's hot and summer here, and my beer preferences are seasonal, I'd have to elect for a nice, crispy pilsner or other refreshing lager. Stouts and porters are nice occasionally, but I find them really sweet and heavy to have more than one at a sitting.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:33 PM

The Digger

Quote:
As much as I can justify at any one moment.

Quote:
2. What's your poison?
I can make do with mostly anything... except Jaegermeister. Fuck that swill.

Quote:
3. When do you stop?
Until the creeping guilt starts to overwhelm my thirst.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:34 PM

Problemsolver

Speaking of alcohol, I'm a bit buzzed at the moment. Had a wonderful day at the beach with my friend and his girlfriend, that was ruined by a turkish semi-rapist dickwipe trying to forcefully pick her up. Now I'm drunk, pissed and smell like seawater. Goddamn turk screwing up our day.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:00 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post

2. What's your poison?

3. When do you stop?

A bit tanked right now, had a fun evening so why not. Especially since I have this cousin who just doesn't know when to quit, he becomes horribly annoying when he overdoes it. I just don't get people who drink more then is necessary to get buzzed and relax.
Still I think if you know how to drink it is an awesome thing. You chill, you forget all the crap in the world, you are inexplicably happy... pretty sweet deal for drinking a couple of shots.

Talk to me SoL.

1) This may or may not be a survey to determine who gets invited to my very own SoL meetup.

2) The thread title is not a typo.
1. I drink with regularity, generally 5 to 7 days a week. I accept that I'm a high functioning alcoholic. I generally don't drink to get drunk or "wasted" I just genuinely prefer alcoholic drinks to anything else.

2. I drink a lot of craft beer, cocktails, spirits, red wine and occasionally sake. It really depends what I feel like, beer would be my primary choice.

3. I'm getting older stopping isn't hard, at this point I know my limits and the hangovers are getting rougher on the body although I don't drink to that level often. I'd say it's about pacing oneself, I generally maintain that golden level of tipsy until it's bed time.

I honestly believe with evidence that I function better as a person under the influence but realise that this is rarely the case for most people. I hate obnoxious drunks and kids, of which there seems an overwhelming number.

Tags
ashamed?, drunk, realspace