Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > General WarCraft Discussion

Old 01-26-2007, 11:12 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzuki
I would say he is scarred. Only it's mental and not physical. Arthas basically BROKE Illidan's sanity. Think about it, he thinks he DEFEATED Arthas at Icecrown folks. He spends most of his time brooding alone, BROODING.
Maybe he got Arthas' emo disease.

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:19 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrah
Maybe he got Arthas' emo disease.
After he became a Death Knight, Arthas was no longer emo. He didn't whine how no one likes him or he doesn't have a soul. He said "Well i'll just have to make due without one then."
Old 01-26-2007, 11:33 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzuki
After he became a Death Knight, Arthas was no longer emo. He didn't whine how no one likes him or he doesn't have a soul. He said "Well i'll just have to make due without one then."
There are two kinds of Emo'ness, Arthas had one kind, Illidan the other, maybe illidan got both and lost his mind.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:14 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrah
There are two kinds of Emo'ness, Arthas had one kind, Illidan the other, maybe illidan got both and lost his mind.
"Emo" is just a term for a music genre and style, but over time was taken as an insult to mean "emotional unstable", people that often want to die or commit suicide, or feel everyone hates them and get depressed about it.

I don't consider Arthas emotionaly unstable, actually he pretty much has no emotion at all. I don't consider him "emo" in the least. What other "emo" do you think exists?

If anything, he is the opposite of "emo", (focused, driven, unwilling to give up, overconfident, etc) the only thing that can be considered remotely "emo" is his clothing being black, but wearing black does not automatically make you emo, its a specific style of clothing rather then the color that takes the term "emo".

Last edited by ScytheRexx; 01-26-2007 at 01:20 PM..
Old 01-26-2007, 07:05 PM

Eternal

Quote:
"Emo" is just a term for a music genre and style, but over time was taken as an insult to mean "emotional unstable", people that often want to die or commit suicide, or feel everyone hates them and get depressed about it.

I don't consider Arthas emotionaly unstable, actually he pretty much has no emotion at all. I don't consider him "emo" in the least. What other "emo" do you think exists?

If anything, he is the opposite of "emo", (focused, driven, unwilling to give up, overconfident, etc) the only thing that can be considered remotely "emo" is his clothing being black, but wearing black does not automatically make you emo, its a specific style of clothing rather then the color that takes the term "emo".
To some people "Emo" doesn´t even needs to mean anything to be an insult.

Warlock, Lord of Scrolls of Lore: Shut up, Timolas
Old 01-27-2007, 01:33 AM

Eternal

I wish my lawn was an emo kid so it would cut itself.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:23 AM

Site Staff - News
Send a message via AIM to Bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephalim
I wish my lawn was an emo kid so it would cut itself.
BOOOOOOO!!! HSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! This offically is the 1000th time I have heard that joke.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:44 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

People attach Emo unto any character they don't like or whined about something at one point.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:34 AM

Arch-Druid

Did you know there was a DC (I think...) supervillain named Emoboy?

Just had to say it.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:21 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Apophis#2440

i ordered rise of the horde today i hope it get's here soon and i think it'll be a awesome red
Old 06-10-2007, 02:49 PM

Druid of the Talon

I just finished the book

First, Kenzuki is right it's awesome and the Draenei story makes more sense now.

Blackhand is awesome, he feels he's part of the shadow council while in fact, he's just Gul'dan puppet. His shamans became the first warlocks of the shadow council. Also, he's power-hungry and wants his family to be the greatests of all orcs: Rend, Maim and Griselda: the Blackhand legacy.

However, Griselda isn't allowed to drink the blood of Mannoroth. No females can. We can see in this book that Griselda didn't like her father that much.

Hellscream is awesome, badass and is very well described in the book.

The part where Gul'dan talks about peons made me smile too!

But the most awesome part of the book is at the end:

Kil'Jaeden and Mannoroth anbandonned Gul'dan and the Horde after they destroyed the Draeneis. The orcs had too much population and there wasn't much more to feed the Horde. They all thought they would die and Gul'dan realized that Kil'Jaeden anbandonned him. At this point we see Ner'zhul saying to Gul'dan:

you made this choice

Gul'dan says: It's not as if you are blameless yourself

Ner'zhul answers: Of course not. I made choices of myself, for my own advancements but i never threw away the future of my people for it. Where is the power you were promised now, Gul'dan? The power that you bartered our people for

I thought it was an awesome part and we can see that Ner'zhul still had some influence on Gul'dan. Then, Medivh came in vision to Gul'dan, claming to be a servant of Sargeras, the master of Kil'Jaeden. Medivh show images of Azeroth to Gul'dan and promises it to the Horde in exchange to retrieving Sargeras body

There is also several mentions of unknown clans, and we learn that Hellscream and the Warsongs were angryto be ordered by GUl'dan to remain on Draenor. Gul'dan found him too unpredictable and he prefered him on Draenor.

Orgrim Doomhammer was also really cool, he was a friend of Durotan and shared some of his ideas but he was loyal to his clan and his chieftain (even if he didn't like Blackhand that much) and he is pictured as a neutral guy.

Also, i was rather surprised that Kargath Bladefist was a member of the Shadow Council while Blackhand couldn't attend their importants meetings, it's rather cool and shows that Kargath was a powerful chieftain.

Drek'thar was also pretty cool, i didn't know he really wanted to be a warlock.

We do not hear of Cho'gall and the Twilight Hammer but we learn how the Ogres allied themselves with the Orcs.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:44 AM

Elune

Thou shalt not rise threads from their peaceful slumber of death!

Old 06-11-2007, 05:52 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrah View Post
Thou shalt not rise threads from their peaceful slumber of death!

Thou shalt not say stupid things when people actually contribute to this forum.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:02 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzuki View Post
Thou shalt not say stupid things when people actually contribute to this forum.
I'm just jealous because I can't afford to order all these books.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:18 PM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Is it sad that I actually didn't read this book until now?

But yeah good book. Though I am still miffed that they insist on sticking Dragonmaw on Draenor. THERE ARE NO DRAGONS ON DRAENOR! How the hell do they get their name?

Also, I'm a bit confused as to how Shamanism can be completely outlawed and yet Zuluhed was still a Shaman.....

Also, isn't there a mission in Shadowmoon where you see Gul'dan cut off the Shamen from the elements? Why wasn't that in the book?
Old 07-21-2007, 03:12 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
Also, isn't there a mission in Shadowmoon where you see Gul'dan cut off the Shamen from the elements? Why wasn't that in the book?
Plausible deniability of WoW?
Old 07-21-2007, 03:41 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Is it sad that I actually didn't read this book until now?

But yeah good book. Though I am still miffed that they insist on sticking Dragonmaw on Draenor. THERE ARE NO DRAGONS ON DRAENOR! How the hell do they get their name?

Also, I'm a bit confused as to how Shamanism can be completely outlawed and yet Zuluhed was still a Shaman.....

Aye, it's another lorelol?
Old 07-21-2007, 04:24 PM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Some things still confuse me though. If the Orcs had Ogres allied with them, where were they in WarCraft 1 and why did they still hate the Orcs? In some ways this book at least clarifies why the Ogres are enemy NPCs in WarCraft 1, but you'd think the alliance would have happened later.

I would have also liked to see a mention of the Mok'nathal's creation, but I suppose that would not have had enough real baring on the story to be relevant.

Oh, and forgot to mention. Wasn't Orgrim apart of the Thunderlords before he killed Blackhand? What happened there?

This book did inspire me to start playing my lvl 60 Orc again though. Mostly to see the Nagrand missions with the Brown Orcs and the Mok'Nathal missions But damn do I hate the tediousness of Hellfire. Doesn't help my Orc is in friggin' greens (and a handful of lower dungeon blues - but no Dungeon 1 gear at all) to start with so crap is hard to kill.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:47 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
But damn do I hate the tediousness of Hellfire. Doesn't help my Orc is in friggin' greens (and a handful of lower dungeon blues - but no Dungeon 1 gear at all) to start with so crap is hard to kill.
Don't worry, compared to the original quests, the ones in Outland practically throw piles of gear at players (especially hybrid class gear). I found myself only ever returning to Azeroth to put my own drops up for auction. Never had to buy anything at the AH to stay moderately, competetively geared for PvE. Plus, as one starts finishing off an Outland zone, they can be reasonably sure that several decent blues will be tossed their way just by the completion of the longer outdoor questlines.

(They do go a bit crazy with the pally gear though. Damn near every piece of plate seems to have "+INT", "+spell/healing damage" or "+mana per second" stats on it. Kinda annoying for warriors at times.)

Last edited by ARM3481; 07-21-2007 at 05:53 PM..
Old 07-30-2007, 07:47 PM

Ranger

Found the book in game lol in the most unlikely place.

So I was bored.. I felt like getting a Wolf Mount and the AV or PvP.. the lvl 40 lol.. so I did some quests for Orgrimmar here and there.. and I found a book titled "Rise of the Horde" within the deserted human keep southeast of Orgrimmar.. check for your selves.. can't find my screen shot tho