Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 11-08-2009, 08:55 AM

Eternal

Crossed Axes (War2) The Warhammer 40,000 Discussion Thread

Since the power of the 40K posts is more important the other less important spam in both the Spam Thread and the IPC Home Thread, I wanna start the Warhammer 40,000 Discussion/Appreciation thread!!!!!!!!!!!

Want to talk about Dawn of War(both games and the xpacks) then this thread is for you! I will also allow discussion about firestorm over Kronus

Want to talk about general 40k fluff? Then this thread is for you!

Want to talk about 40k stuff vs any other setting, then this thread is for you!

You can even talk about your battle reports, campaigns and armies here!

So it's for all 40K topics and whatever. Just like dead raid bosses society and Kerrah's Harry Potter thread.

And now let us begin!

For in the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, There is Only War!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul

Last edited by xie323; 11-08-2009 at 09:00 AM..
Old 11-08-2009, 10:31 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: England, Great Britain, Soon to be United States of Europe

Woohoo first post in the new thread! Anyweay, erm, yeah, the Imperium rules. And Tau should be exterminated. And, err, well I just can't think of anything else. Other than that Necrons and Old Ones annoy me.
It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag."
- Father Dennis Edward O'Brian, USMC
Old 11-08-2009, 10:35 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

Anyone read Eldar Prophecy? Good book.

So, what are the chances of Chaos being defeated, and by what means is such possible if it is?
Old 11-08-2009, 10:45 AM

Eternal

As usual my fractured self is split between the savage orkz who have conquered all the ego problems a societhy might have.

They got no personality problems and they fight not because of some evil agenda but because thats what they are they love to fight and they should go on.

However I dont think Orkz can be eliminated at all, their reproductive cycle is pretty much a sign that they wont die in... forever.

Yet my soul harbours hope, that in 40K is nothing but a hollow word but there is one faction that stays true to it.

The Tau, idealistic and selfless believing that if we lowered our weapons and sent our diplomats so much bloodshed could be avoided, I respect strenght above all (which is why I like the orkz so much) but I only respect it because it is with strenght that one can defend noble ideals like these.

Words like rights, freedom, culture, art, love, fellowship... they are hollow and meaningless if one does not have the force of arms to protect those.

Yet I would fight for the tau because their vision is one that shines even in the darkest hour, they advance with clear knowledge that death looms nearer but a thing like selfish fear will not stop the Tau, for one must not be halted by individual doubts when fighting

FOR THE GREATER GOOD! Tau´Va!

Quote:
I wonder if he was right when he said a thousand years from now we will be the gods everyone remembers
Old 11-08-2009, 10:45 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: England, Great Britain, Soon to be United States of Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
Anyone read Eldar Prophecy? Good book.
I would never read such a heretical book! Plus I've never heard of it.

Quote:
So, what are the chances of Chaos being defeated, and by what means is such possible if it is?
If you mean the chances of the Chaos Gods dying, then I don't think it is possible. If you mean their power being crippled\stopped in the material realm, then the Tyranids and Necrons could probably do it (Necrons because they plan on shutting off the warp from the Materium, and Tyranids because they are trying to kill everything that could possibly sustain the Chaos Gods). Chances are terrible though. I doubt the Tyranids can defeat the Orks or the Necrons (or the Imperium, but that is more likely), and the Necrons can't take on the Eldar\Chaos\Imperial forces at the same time (they would be fighting all three if they tried to shut off the warp).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Romaneck
The Tau, idealistic and selfless believing that if we lowered our weapons and sent our diplomats so much bloodshed could be avoided
Idealistic, maybe. Selfless? Debatable. Anyway, they believe that the galaxy should bow to them and their beliefs. They wish to rule the galaxy because they think they are in the right. Not to mention O'Shovah, who selfishly broke away from the Tau Empire, (which proves the entirely race cannot be flawless). Also, the Xenology book implies that the Tau ethereals were engineered to enslave (through pheremones or some such) the Tau race (which explains why when Farsights ethereals' died he decided to split off). This in turn suggests that they are not selfless as the Ethereals are selfishly enslaving the Tau for their own purposes.

In short, they believe that everyone else should join them or die. That's not particularly idealistic, just blindingly arrogant. They also treat other races as second class citizens, which seems quite selfish to me.
Quote:
freedom
The Tau might not even have that. Not mention, they are bound by the Caste system, so they don't have a choice in their job, or even you their partners are (I think they try to breed subraces that are best suited for the different Castes, so no inter-Caste relationships (AFAIK)).

P.S. I hate the Tau (except for killing).

Rant over.
It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag."
- Father Dennis Edward O'Brian, USMC

Last edited by SomeRandomEvilGuy; 11-08-2009 at 10:55 AM..
Old 11-08-2009, 11:30 AM

Warden

Orkz R Da Biggest Nd Da Strongest

Waaaaagh
Old 11-08-2009, 11:34 AM

Eternal

Whatever, at least they dont worship a corpse

Quote:
I wonder if he was right when he said a thousand years from now we will be the gods everyone remembers
Old 11-08-2009, 03:18 PM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

What is the most recent historical event of import in the Warhammer 40k universe anyway?
Old 11-08-2009, 04:29 PM

Eternal

Bah! The Tau thinks they can unify the galaxy under the greater good bah! Like the Eldar and the Imperium before them they will only create their greatest nightmare(Eldar was Slannesh and Imperium was Horus and the traitor Legions) and ultimately will be engulfed in a cataclysm that will benefit chaos and that will slide them down to a slow extinction! In the end there can only be chaos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tau may not be declining today but what about another millenium after the 41st millenium??
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 11-08-2009, 04:32 PM

Elune

Old 11-08-2009, 05:10 PM

Eternal

I do not know anything about this setting, could any of you englighten me?
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 11-08-2009, 05:58 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

WITCHCRAFT, HERESY, AND MUTATION! ALL SHALL BE PURGED!
Old 11-08-2009, 06:12 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

PURGED WITH RIGHTEOUS FIRE AND RIGHTOUSER SHOULDERPADS! Xeno scum!
Old 11-08-2009, 06:13 PM

Arch-Druid

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie323 View Post
Bah! The Tau thinks they can unify the galaxy under the greater good bah! Like the Eldar and the Imperium before them they will only create their greatest nightmare(Eldar was Slannesh and Imperium was Horus and the traitor Legions) and ultimately will be engulfed in a cataclysm that will benefit chaos and that will slide them down to a slow extinction! In the end there can only be chaos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tau may not be declining today but what about another millenium after the 41st millenium??
The difference is that Tau don't have a warp-signature (btw: they have psyker-grade "tau", funny coincidence, isn't it?^^) which means that they can't create a warp god or a chaos versions of themself^^
Old 11-08-2009, 07:47 PM

Eternal

The Tau are only a young empire. No empire started with a strong link in the warp. It's only the pinnicle of evolution! And then the decline begins!!!

And then we will spill onto them and corrupt those who first connects with the warp and they like all advanced empires will fall!!

Their castes will turn on themselves and engulf Tau empire in a civil war and those who listen to the temptation of chaos will perpetrate it! In the end if the Tau empire pulls itself back together it will be in a state of decline! And in the end those who are not corrupted by the chaos will be destroyed by their own cataclysm!!

All of this has happened before and all of it will happen again!!!

One day after the fall of the Eldar and the Imperium the cycle of death and destruction will befall the Tau!!!\

Chaos will spread!! Every single species that will advance will be consumed by the warp and destroyed by their own excess!!! We will spread until the day the stars have died and the Heat death consumes all!!! Then we will be surpreme!

Old 11-08-2009, 08:47 PM

Elune

Tau blew up a world to make chaos not spread.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:46 PM

Elune

Old 11-09-2009, 12:32 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
They also have ships that are described as pieces of junk attached to other junk.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:34 AM

Glaive Thrower

Orks, eh?

Old 11-09-2009, 12:42 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eversor View Post
Orks, eh?

Yup. That ork above has a chessboard for his shoulder armor, stole Terminator's hand, uses a guitar gun, and it looks like he has killed xenomorphs.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:38 AM

Glaive Thrower

Not choppy enuff tho.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:05 AM

Ranger
Send a message via MSN to Lob_SG

Orc Icon (War3) Not choppy enough eh?

This be choopy enuf for ya brudda? CAN'T STOP DA CHOP!!

Also, I know this is a bit off topic in this thread (seriously some kind of oxymoron-ic way to describe a thread started by the dark Chaos Lords) But this is an article I saw tonight while wandering around. I know I know WoW.com but I really like this column and it was something I really liked about WAR: Online and wish we had something similar in WoW. It would just be nice to have official references that we could easily point to in game, although I guess that would take a bit of the fun out of all this shit we talk about.
http://www.wow.com/2009/11/08/all-th...owl/#continued

In other WAR news we are having a new Games Workshop open near my place and I applied recently. Now that would be a killer job.
Attached Images

Last edited by Lob_SG; 11-09-2009 at 02:08 AM..
Old 11-09-2009, 02:15 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lob_SG View Post
In other WAR news we are having a new Games Workshop open near my place and I applied recently. Now that would be a killer job.
Good luck mate!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:06 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lob_SG View Post
Also, I know this is a bit off topic in this thread (seriously some kind of oxymoron-ic way to describe a thread started by the dark Chaos Lords) But this is an article I saw tonight while wandering around. I know I know WoW.com but I really like this column and it was something I really liked about WAR: Online and wish we had something similar in WoW. It would just be nice to have official references that we could easily point to in game, although I guess that would take a bit of the fun out of all this shit we talk about.
http://www.wow.com/2009/11/08/all-th...owl/#continued
By the time you read some information in WoW's version it would be retconned.

It sounds good...so it prolly won't be created.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:05 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
Tau blew up a world to make chaos not spread.
Imperium destroy planets to stop the taint from spreading.

Tags
2grimdark4me, emprah, grimdark, just as planned, no heretics allowed, spacemarinesmademecry, steel rein, the eternal war, warhammer, we r spess mehrens, wh40k, y'all heretics need big e