Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 06-09-2013, 10:46 AM

Eternal

Default Video Game Industry News, Discussions, and Misc fun

It's time once again for E3 2013.

Where console peasants come together to maybe talk about some video games.

Where we get hyped up for that new shooting game that features old men over the age of 30 shooting at various things. There might be a poor innocent girl you might have to protect while you're at it. It'll make things "Cool" and "Deep" and it would be nothing like "The Walking Dead" by Telltales.

Maybe another Assasins Creed game.

Where Microsoft will continuously dodge questions about their data mining platform disguised as All-In-One entertainment console that is trying to do the things that a PC can.

There also might be dogs and...TVSPORTSMOVIESTVSPORTSMOVIESHALOCALLOFDUUUUTYTVSPO RTSMOVIESTVSPORTSMOVIESHALOCALLOFDUUUUTYTVSPORTSMO VIESTVSPORTSMOVIESHALOCALLOFDUUUUTYTVSPORTSMOVIEST VSPORTSMOVIESHALOCALLOFDUUUUTYTVSPORTSMOVIESTVSPOR TSMOVIESHALOCALLOFDUUUUTY

and "Exclusive xbox one games" which may or may not be Kinect games.

Prepare your collective bodies (And maybe rectal cavities) for some new Nintendo GAMES. Hell freezes over when the revelation comes that Luigi is getting his own platforming game and to add more: It actually looks like hell.

And Miyamoto continues to look awesome. Zelda, Mario, and the rise of the intergalactic Pikmin army and MORE VIDEO GAMES.

EDIT: It also has been brought to my attention that there is also: Super Smash Brothers Universe and Bayonetta 2 which is a WiiU exclusive, apparently.

Sony will talk about more games featuring those old men and the release of the third Final Fantasy 13 game Titled: Female Cloud Returns: Final Fantasy 13, The Third Game (Please buy this game so that we can break even on the money we spent for cinematics, hallways, and a "Good" and "Original" story. We can no longer create traditional RPG games.)

Maybe there will be another Kingdom Hearts spinoff where the story will focus on losers who are not the main character. While people continue to cry for Kingdom Hearts 3.

Then we'll have the Witcher 3, the much anticipated open world finale of the game series. Which hopefully won't go the way of Mass Effect 3.

http://www.e3countdown.com/

Will be your resource for upcoming conferences. What are you looking forward to this E3? Want to make fun of awkward men standing stiffly on a stage? Cringe moments? Talk about it in THIS THREAD.

Last edited by Arashi; 06-09-2013 at 04:35 PM..
Old 06-09-2013, 11:03 AM

Hypersensitive

All I really care for is some 3DS news. Pokemon, Zelda, etc. The system is finally hitting its stride and being more than just a DS1.5

Some Lightning Returns details would be cool too(screw you all, I liked XIII).

Oh and this is the last year where we could hear some stuff on the cool-looking-but-probably-dead Last Guardian from Sony.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:22 AM

Eternal

You reminded me about Pokemon X and Y.

I think that game will be one of Nintendo's biggest guns since i believe that game will be a 3DS only title. So i guess they'll try to use the new Pokemon game and the fact that it is going to be a world wide release as an incentive to buy the 3DS.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:39 AM

Poor Soldier
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

This E3 has the potential to be the most fun in a looong time. I keep seeing this mention of 15 Xbox One exclusive games with 8 being new franchises. I can't help but feel that number is either exaggerated or they are just dumb kinect things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insipid_Lobster View Post
as a salmon-kin, you're triggering me even more.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:40 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

I'm looking forward to Nintendo stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 06-09-2013, 02:44 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Telltale's been hyping the announcement of something called "The Walking Dead: 400 Days" at e3; it won't be season 2 though.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:48 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragemantle View Post
This E3 has the potential to be the most fun in a looong time. I keep seeing this mention of 15 Xbox One exclusive games with 8 being new franchises. I can't help but feel that number is either exaggerated or they are just dumb kinect things.
Who cares? It's not like anyone's gonna buy a product that has a featurelist consisting of nothing but restrictions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggler
I no longer believe, that Rotal is a person. It's rather a (very) abstract concept that is posting on a Warcraft-Lore Forum due to the universe's perveted sense of humor.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:49 PM

Elune

I hope that Bayonetta 2 shows up

We begin our story in New York. There once was a girl known by everyone and no one. Her heart belonged to someone who couldn't stay. They loved each other recklessly. They paid the price. She danced to forget him. He drove past her street each night. She made friends and enemies. He only saw her in his dreams. Then one day he came back. Timing is a funny thing. But everyone was watching. She lost him but she found herself and somehow that was everything.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:51 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

That gif again... :/
Old 06-09-2013, 04:26 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
Who cares? It's not like anyone's gonna buy a product that has a featurelist consisting of nothing but restrictions.
The real question is can Micro$oft go maximum retard at E3 after they went full retard at the Xbox One conference or is the console still salvageable.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:28 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Oculus and Wildstar info are what I look forward to the most.

The people I like the least are:
SJWs.
Islamists.
Banderites and their allies.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:33 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Old 06-09-2013, 04:38 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
The real question is can Micro$oft go maximum retard at E3 after they went full retard at the Xbox One conference or is the console still salvageable.
Only if they completely drop all of the bullshit. That ship has sailed, dude. Granted i never considered buying a new console in the near future (I'm actually saving up for a hefty PC upgrade) but even if they showed me a fangasm-inducing setup of XBox One-exclusive titles i wouldn't take one for free because i'm NOT going to switch my modem cable from computer to console every single fucking time i want to play a game. And that's not counting in the fact that most of my console games started out as second hand games.

Besides, they're not gonna show us any games. It's apparently all about features and how they restrict the customer in using his property now.
Quote:
I no longer believe, that Rotal is a person. It's rather a (very) abstract concept that is posting on a Warcraft-Lore Forum due to the universe's perveted sense of humor.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:46 PM

Elune

Or how the kinect is a great stalker.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:48 PM

Eternal

Omacron, that is the greatest picture I've ever seen.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:49 PM

Banished

Tomorrow is Dragon Age 3 reveal!

Watch Dogs CGI trailer was fucking ebast.

Can't wait for some Second Sens, maybe Witcher 3 action.

Can't wait to see PS4 console. Can't wait to see Nintendo exclusives. Can't wait to see Xbox flop.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
Omacron, that is the greatest picture I've ever seen.
It could've been improved by adding a picture of Hideki Kamiya doing something cuhrayzee though.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:52 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Or how the kinect is a great stalker.
While probably breaking about half a dozen privacy-laws i don't think this is a big concern. People will make a killing selling black plastic bags to wrap around it.
Quote:
Old 06-09-2013, 04:55 PM

Trade Baroness

Quote:
While probably breaking about half a dozen privacy-laws i don't think this is a big concern. People will make a killing selling black plastic bags to wrap around it.
What does it do?

Old 06-09-2013, 04:57 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Xbox One comes with a Kinect by default. It can be shut off but not removed from the system. Now keep in mind that Xbox One will probably end up being connected to the interwebs at all times because of the 24 hour-check in, the fact that nothing is unhackable AND that Microsoft has reserved the right to basically activate it at any time....
Quote:
Old 06-09-2013, 05:05 PM

Trade Baroness

Quote:
Xbox One comes with a Kinect by default. It can be shut off but not removed from the system. Now keep in mind that Xbox One will probably end up being connected to the interwebs at all times because of the 24 hour-check in, the fact that nothing is unhackable AND that Microsoft has reserved the right to basically activate it at any time....
Ahh, so they can surveil your home. Well, I wasn't planning to buy one, but this is the final nail in the coffin of any thoughts I may have entertained of doing so.
PCs > Consoles anyways.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:07 PM

Eternal

Quote:
After it becomes pretty cheap to buy, I think I might just pick one up and set it so the camera just stares at a picture of Paula Dean or Nick Cage all day.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:07 PM

Sha of Disappointment

My work here is done.
*nods wisely*
Quote:
Old 06-09-2013, 05:08 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
PCs > Consoles anyways.
Big fat truth right there.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:16 PM

I like to game naked, anyway. Microsoft, I hope your body is ready.

Tags
ゲーム, damn cubes, fuckyourwaytothemiddle, generalization, literally video games, no king k rool no peace, plebs, sjw agendas, vidja games, vidya, wololo