Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 06-04-2014, 11:17 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Default The 2014 Bolvar Watches WWE Thread

Summer is upon us. That means your friendly neighborhood Bolvar must spend more time indoors, as daytime temperatures in Bolvaristan can hit 120. It means Bolvar watches a little more TV.

And when the TV Bolvar has saved up on the DVR over the winter runs out, Bolvar turns to one of the only shows that remains new year-round:

WWE Wrestling.

Now, Bolvar tried this a few years ago, and grew tired of it quickly. Fortunately, new programming started back up, and Bolvar did not go insane.

The last few years, Bolvar spent the summer watching lots of baseball. But this year, Bolvar's Diamondbacks are God-awful, and have no hope of any postseason play.

So, Bolvar returns to the WWE to see what is new. Bear in mind, Bolvar hasn't followed the sport much at all since CM Punk was the shit and won the title and all that. So, bear with Bolvar as he expresses his confusion and wonder over the current state of the sport.

The show opens with HHH (who has a nice haircut) blabbing about some shit that happened in Sunday's PPV. Randy Orton is apparently his BFF. Some other dude in a suit and glasses is butthurt over being part of his crew, and ragequits. I guess he's a movie star? He's not the Rock, so I have no idea who he is. He's gone. HHH be mad. Whatever.

Then we have a tag match. Seamus and some guy verses ... what the fuck, is that Wade Barrett? How does he suddenly have a beard, and why is he "Bad News Barrett" all of a sudden? No idea who the other guy is, except he's one of those Heyman guys, and even Bolvar can't avoid all the goddamned Paul Heyman memes... So, the sissy Heyman guy quits and leaves Bad News Beard to get beat. Whatever. I'm still not impressed. Or even entertained.

Now we have some guy out to make fun of the Indianapolis crowd. I give a fuck about NBA basketball even less than I do about WWE wrestling, so this segment is totally lost on me. Oh, hey, it's Big Show... I recognize that guy. He doesn't wrestle much, but he beats the heel and breaks the rim. OK. I guess that was nice. Moving on...

There's Kofi Kingston... another guy I recognize! Wasn't he part of AirBourne or some shit? I heard Bourne is gone... bummer... now he's helping some emo heel get over? What the fuck, WWE? Doesn't Kofi deserve better than being fodder for some douche noob? Ugh... I can't believe I've made it this far...

Also... who is the announcer guy that looks like Chris Evans? Can he start dressing up like it's 1944 and pretending like he doesn't understand any reference from the last 60 years? Otherwise, he's kind of worthless...

Now Steph McMahon is up, to whine about some catfight with Brian Danielson's wife or something. God, I'd forgotten how so much of this show was wasted on hot air... and... OH MY GOD, THAT'S JOHN CENA'S MUSIC!

Seriously, I don't know how it happened, but Bolvar is a John Cena fan ever since he heard this:

So, Cena puts Steph in her place. Well done, JC.

Then Cena has to fight Kane. Kane? Is Kane still alive? I don't recognize him - last time I saw him, he was bald, and kind of pudgy... is that even the same guy? It could be anyone under that mask. I call bullshit. I bet that's not even Kane. Whatever. Cena wins by DQ. Bolvar is happy at least he recognized everyone in this segment.

Next segment... WHOA, SHIT! DWARVES! STEREOTYPED MEXICANS! WWE reminds everyone they are the last show on Earth that gives no fucks about political correctness... Bolvar doesn't even like these wrestlers... hell, Bolvar only recognizes one of them (Slater... a B-list player a few years ago, and still not much of a draw), but, at least Bolvar is entertained. They even pick on one of the dwarves. So much anti-PC action here. The show is redeemed...

... and then there's a Diva's match. Just when it was getting good. Sorry, I'm not that misogynist. Fast forward to the next segment...

... where we see... what the fuck is this shit? Who the fuck is Adam Rose? Wow. That's the gayest wrestler I've ever seen. That guy is gayer than Golddust. What is going on here? Did he bring a rave? Shit, even my kids think this is fucked up. Poor Jack Swagger... the real American American... with some goofy manager... ugh. I can't watch.

Now we have the Usos (an act that was tired two years ago - they're STILL tag team champs?!?) versus... the cast of Deliverance. I'm almost worried the one guy is wearing the sheep mask as some sort of mating ritual...

God this is fucking awful. Is it almost over?

Oh, look... another match with guys I recognize! But... what happened to Del Rio? I mean, Ziggler's always been terrible, but at least he lost the screeching harpy of a manager... but Del Rio, man, he used to drive into the arena in an expensive car... he had his own announcer... shit, now he's just pedestrian... Poor Del Rio. I'll bet he never got over.

Now its... Holy Crap... is that Goldust? I thought he WAS dead... why is he working with Cody Rhodes... wasn't Cody Rhodes wearing a mask? I'm so confused. Sin Cara is here... versus two meatheads I've never heard of... I have no idea what I'm watching... I'm not even sure what happened with that whole thing back when there were two Sin Caras. Someone explain this to me...

And now, suddenly, I'm watching Rocky IV. Seriously. No idea who these guys are, but at least the girl is better looking than Bridgitte Nielson. Hey, I like the idea of a Russian bad guy in WWE... thanks to our hero Putin for making this a possibility again! But, they missed a major marketing opportunity here. Stallone's got a movie coming out this summer... you're telling me you couldn't get Rocky Balboa to show up, crash the party, and plug Expendables 3 at the same time? Damn. In fact, NOBODY crashed the Russian love-fest. What the fuck? There are no patriots in the WWE locker room anymore? I feel like this was missing a finish...

Oh, and now we're back to HHH. Who goes all Red Wedding on The Shield.

Now, I have no idea who the fuck these guys are, or why they call themselves the Shield. I've never heard of any of them. But this was a solid finish.

So, I might watch again. I dunno. Sometimes, it's fun to snark all over all the bad, but the WWE might give me more than I can handle.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:14 AM

Arch-Druid

Aw, Bolvar, I think you'd like Zeb Colter. He hates illegal immigrants, is incredibly patriotic, and has a simply magnificent mustache. Colter and Swagger were actually aligned with the "Paul Heyman Guy", Cesaro, because while Cesaro is from Switzerland, he came to the States through the proper, legal channels and believed in the American ideal.

Also, that theme.

Oh, and did you know that Paul Heyman's client, Brock Lesnar, defeated the Undertaker at Wrestlemania 30 and broke his undefeated streak? Because he'll remind you.

Bo Dallas (Kofi Kingston's opponent) isn't emo; he's just annoyingly positive. Seriously. Weeks of vignettes of him saying that anything is possible as long as you Bo-lieve.

...also, which commentator was it? The guy who defends everything that the bad guys do, or the guy who clearly gives no fucks? (Far Left or Far Right on the booth).

Quote:
Then Cena has to fight Kane. Kane? Is Kane still alive? I don't recognize him - last time I saw him, he was bald, and kind of pudgy... is that even the same guy? It could be anyone under that mask. I call bullshit. I bet that's not even Kane. Whatever. Cena wins by DQ. Bolvar is happy at least he recognized everyone in this segment.
Nope, that's the same Kane! He had put the mask back on in early 2012 (in order to feud with John Cena), and wore it until a few months back, when he unmasked and joined with the Authority. He just recently put it back on and was feuding with Daniel Bryan (who just became champion at WM30) until Daniel got hurt and needed to have neck surgery.

Quote:
I'm not even sure what happened with that whole thing back when there were two Sin Caras. Someone explain this to me...
Sure! So basically, Sin Cara defeated the Fake Sin Cara, who was unmasked and revealed to be a guy named Hunico. Then Sin Cara spent a couple years injuring himself and being an absolute basket of deep fried dicks to people back stage (refusing to learn English because he found the language disgusting or something along those lines), and burned his last bridge when he stopped a match after spraining his finger against Alberto Del Rio. So they put Hunico (who had been doing all of jack shit) back under the Sin Cara mask and told the other guy to piss off.

Quote:
Now we have the Usos (an act that was tired two years ago - they're STILL tag team champs?!?) versus... the cast of Deliverance. I'm almost worried the one guy is wearing the sheep mask as some sort of mating ritual...
Ah yes, the Wyatt Family. To make a very long story short, their leader is effectively a crazy bearded cult leader who was feuding with Cena in an attempt to prove that Cena was a false idol, a liar, and a normal human being, not some super hero. He cuts a very good promo and people like to compare him to early Mankind or Cactus Jack. The other guys are his followers.

Quote:
Now, I have no idea who the fuck these guys are, or why they call themselves the Shield.
The Shield was basically a trio of "mercenaries" who were fighting on the side of "justice". They first debuted in a title match between John Cena, CM Punk, and Ryback, helping Punk retain the title. They then ran roughshod over most of the main event for months, including a win at WM29 against Big Show, Sheamus, and Randy Orton. After Summerslam, they were serving as the Authority's hired muscle (the Authority being Triple H and Stephanie McMahon, with handpicked champion Orton and an unmasked Kane as their Director of Operations) until Kane let it slip that he had been given orders to kick the crap out of them in order to keep them in line. They turned on the Authority the night after WM30, and have been feuding with a reunited Evolution - Triple H, Randy Orton, and Batista (the guy who "quit"; he's in Guardians of the Galaxy and is taking time off to promote the movie) - for the past few months.

Oh, and Del Rio briefly turned face, then turned back heel and beat up his manager and lost his cars. He was never really over.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:10 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Now its... Holy Crap... is that Goldust? I thought he WAS dead... why is he working with Cody Rhodes... wasn't Cody Rhodes wearing a mask? I'm so confused.
Cody's gig with the mask was done a long time ago. Anyways, he and Goldust are brothers/half-brothers if you're wondering why're they've teamed up.

Warcraft 3 Resource Discussion: (The Hive Workshop, Warcraft 3 Campaigns)
MOBA Overload!
Old 06-05-2014, 07:39 AM

Elune

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation_of_Domination

Fantastic Heel stable back in the glory days of WWF.

Can you imagine them doing a group like that now? Fuck no. Sign of the sorry PC times we live in.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:31 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakitori View Post
Aw, Bolvar, I think you'd like Zeb Colter. He hates illegal immigrants, is incredibly patriotic, and has a simply magnificent mustache. Colter and Swagger were actually aligned with the "Paul Heyman Guy", Cesaro, because while Cesaro is from Switzerland, he came to the States through the proper, legal channels and believed in the American ideal.

Also, that theme.
Nah, Bolvar doesn't enjoy being mocked.

Quote:

Oh, and did you know that Paul Heyman's client, Brock Lesnar, defeated the Undertaker at Wrestlemania 30 and broke his undefeated streak? Because he'll remind you.
Yes, the memes are unavoidable...

Quote:
Bo Dallas (Kofi Kingston's opponent) isn't emo; he's just annoyingly positive. Seriously. Weeks of vignettes of him saying that anything is possible as long as you Bo-lieve.
I get that. It's annoying as fuck.

Quote:
...also, which commentator was it? The guy who defends everything that the bad guys do, or the guy who clearly gives no fucks? (Far Left or Far Right on the booth).
You can't tell which one looks like Chris Evans?

Quote:

Nope, that's the same Kane! He had put the mask back on in early 2012 (in order to feud with John Cena), and wore it until a few months back, when he unmasked and joined with the Authority. He just recently put it back on and was feuding with Daniel Bryan (who just became champion at WM30) until Daniel got hurt and needed to have neck surgery.
Hmm. Well, he's in good shape for an old guy.

Quote:
Sure! So basically, Sin Cara defeated the Fake Sin Cara, who was unmasked and revealed to be a guy named Hunico. Then Sin Cara spent a couple years injuring himself and being an absolute basket of deep fried dicks to people back stage (refusing to learn English because he found the language disgusting or something along those lines), and burned his last bridge when he stopped a match after spraining his finger against Alberto Del Rio. So they put Hunico (who had been doing all of jack shit) back under the Sin Cara mask and told the other guy to piss off.
So, it's actually Hunico... but they're calling him Sin Cara now... Wrestling is so crazy...

Quote:
Ah yes, the Wyatt Family. To make a very long story short, their leader is effectively a crazy bearded cult leader who was feuding with Cena in an attempt to prove that Cena was a false idol, a liar, and a normal human being, not some super hero. He cuts a very good promo and people like to compare him to early Mankind or Cactus Jack. The other guys are his followers.
Well, I've decided I like Cena... so I like these guys even less.

Quote:
The Shield was basically a trio of "mercenaries" who were fighting on the side of "justice". They first debuted in a title match between John Cena, CM Punk, and Ryback, helping Punk retain the title. They then ran roughshod over most of the main event for months, including a win at WM29 against Big Show, Sheamus, and Randy Orton. After Summerslam, they were serving as the Authority's hired muscle (the Authority being Triple H and Stephanie McMahon, with handpicked champion Orton and an unmasked Kane as their Director of Operations) until Kane let it slip that he had been given orders to kick the crap out of them in order to keep them in line. They turned on the Authority the night after WM30, and have been feuding with a reunited Evolution - Triple H, Randy Orton, and Batista (the guy who "quit"; he's in Guardians of the Galaxy and is taking time off to promote the movie) - for the past few months.
Who is he in Guardians of the Galaxy? This makes HHH's line about his movie being terrible downright laughable... he might end up having a bigger movie career than any other wrestler who's tried... and HHH's movies are direct-to-video trash.

Quote:
Oh, and Del Rio briefly turned face, then turned back heel and beat up his manager and lost his cars. He was never really over.
Damn. How the mighty have fallen.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:40 AM

Elune

Quote:
Who is he in Guardians of the Galaxy? This makes HHH's line about his movie being terrible downright laughable... he might end up having a bigger movie career than any other wrestler who's tried... and HHH's movies are direct-to-video trash.
Drax the destroyer.

And Triple H was in a big comic book movie. Blade: Trinity. Hanging out with his vampire dog and saying ''fuck'' every time he spoke...
Old 06-05-2014, 08:42 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Drax the destroyer.

And Triple H was in a big comic book movie. Blade: Trinity. Hanging out with his vampire dog and saying ''fuck'' every time he spoke...
The Blade sequels weren't "big." They sure as hell aren't in the ballpark of Guardians of the Galaxy.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:43 AM

Elune

Big as in not a direct to DVD category.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:52 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Big as in not a direct to DVD category.
Whatever. Wasn't exactly a box-office tentpole.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:20 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Getting caught up on Friday's SmackDown:

1. Is Ziggler getting a push? I'm ok with this...

2. Really? Rusev beats up a skinny black guy? I like the Russian villain angle, but throw him a real opponent already...

3. I've decided; I kind of like the new Bad News Beard.

4. Could Alicia Fox be stereotyped harder? Did the announcer really say "Call Jack Hannah, get a tranquilizer dart" after she lost? Wow... You're actually making Bolvar uncomfortable there, WWE...

5. God, someone give Bo-leave a towel, please...

6. Why does Big Show not have a title? Bolvar wants Big Show to have a title...
Old 06-10-2014, 06:29 PM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Quote:
Getting caught up on Friday's SmackDown:

1. Is Ziggler getting a push? I'm ok with this...
Yes, out the door. Sadly. They hate him for some reason, and it's a darn shame, he's one of the best they've got.

Quote:
2. Really? Rusev beats up a skinny black guy? I like the Russian villain angle, but throw him a real opponent already...
This is considered WWE "writing" nowadays.

Quote:
3. I've decided; I kind of like the new Bad News Beard.
Barrett is great, I'm happy he's finally having some semblance of success after undercard hell for years.

Quote:
4. Could Alicia Fox be stereotyped harder? Did the announcer really say "Call Jack Hannah, get a tranquilizer dart" after she lost? Wow... You're actually making Bolvar uncomfortable there, WWE...
At least a Diva is doing something else besides giggling, posing and screaming while tearing hair in the ring.

Quote:
5. God, someone give Bo-leave a towel, please...
Don't Bo hatin'.

Quote:
6. Why does Big Show not have a title? Bolvar wants Big Show to have a title...
No. Go away.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:55 PM

Arch-Druid

Ziggler is a very good talent, but he has two things going against him. He sells everything like death, which is great for making his opponent look good, but also leads to him risking more injuries. He's not a Rey Mysterio or Kurt Angle "held together by duct tape and prayer" level, but he has had some pretty nasty concussions that have sucked the wind out of his sails repeatedly. Combine that with an apparent attitude problem, and he's gonna end up being used to make other people look good while staying in the "midcard".

And Big Show needs another title run like Randy Orton needs another title run.

...I almost want to see Bolvar's reaction to watching Impact, but I don't think it'd be very funny.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:18 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Human Icon (War3)

Quote:
Ziggler is a very good talent, but he has two things going against him. He sells everything like death, which is great for making his opponent look good, but also leads to him risking more injuries. He's not a Rey Mysterio or Kurt Angle "held together by duct tape and prayer" level, but he has had some pretty nasty concussions that have sucked the wind out of his sails repeatedly. Combine that with an apparent attitude problem, and he's gonna end up being used to make other people look good while staying in the "midcard".

And Big Show needs another title run like Randy Orton needs another title run.

...I almost want to see Bolvar's reaction to watching Impact, but I don't think it'd be very funny.
I don't even know what Impact is....

Anyhow... got caught up on Raw, too...

1. So, Daniel Bryanson is getting robbed. I don't really see the problem here. He's the underdog. He's supposed to get screwed by the establishment.

2. Bad News Beard loses to Sheamus. I actually like both guys, so, this is a wash for me.

3. Can we stop with the Deliverance family yet?

4. More RUSEV! The Obama mockery! Dear God I'm conflicted! Is the Russian villain my new favorite wrestler? Look at poor Woo-Woo-Woo... he was the shiz 2 years ago...

5. R-Truth! Damn... not even a "Little Jimmy" reference... how the mighty have fallen... Why is Goldust a thing? Is Roidbaxel a thing? Explain please...

6. Catfight.... I mean, whatever...

7. 3MB - the jobbers have little teams now. How cute. Here comes the Shield, and... I think I got up to get a soda here or something.

8. The Usos versus the Ambiguously Gay Duo. Why you do this, WWE?

9. Bo-should-leave verses nobody I've ever heard of... man, this guy is getting a push, and I wish they would stop...

10. I'll give this to Paul Heyman - he trolls the crowd like a motherfucker. I laughed out loud when everyone was expecting Lesnar and got Cesaro... well played, Heyman, well played...

11. Sell out sits down with Barbara Walters... Here comes the Shield... now here comes Deliverance... shit's getting ugly and... OH MY GOD THAT'S JOHN CENA'S MUSIC! Bolvar is amused...

12. Crack Whore Diva (sorry, she looks like a meth addict to me)... versus Uncomfortably Overstereotyped Savage Black Girl. I mean, Dave Kosak thinks she's too savage... and the misogyny after the match? Holy shit, WWE... when Bolvar is thinking of playing the race card, it's time to dial it back a bit...

13. Biff Tannen and his annoying attempt to insult the Tea Party Manager versus Santino and his unconvincingly pretty girlfriend... What is even happening here?

14. John Cena and his Amazing Friends versus the Dueling Banjos. Meh. I guess. What's with this Roman clown?
Old 06-10-2014, 09:25 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Yeah the whole Bryan thing is so upsetting to me and surely him to.. So much misfortune basically straight after getting married and winning the belt at mania.

I hope the Wyatts can also get there momentum back because well of course... Cena. Oh and we all know Rusev will head straight into Cena and lose like every dude with a similar gimmick/situation.

Right now the Wyatts, Bo and BNB is all that is keeping me watching.. I love Reigns and Ambrose but man i was so disappointed this week after the insane stuff that happened with them last week. NXT is where its at for me .

Run
Old 06-10-2014, 09:29 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
Yeah the whole Bryan thing is so upsetting to me and surely him to.. So much misfortune basically straight after getting married and winning the belt at mania.

I hope the Wyatts can also get there momentum back because well of course... Cena. Oh and we all know Rusev will head straight into Cena and lose like every dude with a similar gimmick/situation.

Right now the Wyatts, Bo and BNB is all that is keeping me watching.. I love Reigns and Ambrose but man i was so disappointed this week after the insane stuff that happened with them last week. NXT is where its at for me .
Biff Tannen is the perfect foil for Rusev... big enough to give him a good fight, and he's already playing up the patriotic angle... they need to make this rivalry happen...
Old 06-10-2014, 09:36 PM

Elune

Quote:
Biff Tannen is the perfect foil for Rusev... big enough to give him a good fight, and he's already playing up the patriotic angle... they need to make this rivalry happen...
So i think you mean Swagger and i agree . Both are Heels though so they might not do that for awhile but it will end with Cena stopping his momentum . It upsets me because the dude is a crazy athlete and reminds me of Samoa Joe rather than Umaga. Umaga is the only success story when it comes to being built up as a huge heel to be fed to Cena but he unfortunately passed away . Koslov is the opposite of that spectrum though.

Run
Old 06-10-2014, 09:39 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
So i think you mean Swagger and i agree . Both are Heels though so they might not do that for awhile but it will end with Cena stopping his momentum . It upsets me because the dude is a crazy athlete and reminds me of Samoa Joe rather than Umaga. Umaga is the only success story when it comes to being built up as a huge heel to be fed to Cena but he unfortunately passed away . Koslov is the opposite of that spectrum though.
Meh, I don't think they need to burn Cena on that storyline.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:04 PM

Arch-Druid

Oh, Impact is a fancy term for "TNA Impact Wrestling", found on Spike TV every Thursday night from 7-9 PM MST. It's basically considered to be the number two wrestling promotion in the United States, and is the absolute drizzling shits right now because they keep fucking everything up. It's like if the last few years of WCW was happening again, but without the hilarity of 2000 WCW.

Anyway!

So Goldust.

Basically, after Triple H and Stephanie McMahon formed the Authority, they started to throw all of their weight around, as evil Heel authorities are known to do. The one guy who basically had no reason to tolerate their bullshit, Big Show, had signed an Ironclad Contract while former Head of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis was in power, and they immediately handwaved that by saying that it wasn't really Ironclad and OH, Big Show is broke, so now he has to do what they say or get fired. Cody Rhodes also ran into them, and after losing a match with Randy Orton, they fired him. (He was getting married that week.)

So, Goldust was brought in to try and get Cody his job back if he could beat Orton. He failed. Dusty Rhodes was brought in and was told that one of his sons could get their job back... if Dusty picked. When he refused to do so, Stephanie had Big Show flatten him with a Knockout Punch. Then after a few weeks of Cody and Goldust running in, Stephanie gave them one last chance; if they could defeat the Shield, they would get their jobs back. They won. A month later, they won the tag titles from Reigns and Rollins, only to lose them around... I wanna say the Royal Rumble to the New Age Outlaws.

The entire reason why Goldie is still around is because he has, by all accounts, seriously cleaned himself up from his last run with the company (where he was a raging ass parasite to everyone, especially on Twitter), and is possibly in the best shape of his career.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:41 AM

Elune

Concerning Bo Dallas: that's exactly the reaction you're supposed to have. He's a brilliant heel with some seriously entertaining stuff he's done in NXT.

As for Roman Reigns - get used to him, they're going to push him to the moon sometime later this year for WM31. Vince is a big fan of his.

You could only think a black woman acting crazy is "racist" if you secretly believe that to be a correct stereotype about black people, Bolvar. I don't see anything racist about it, just the usual god awful writing.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:08 AM

Arch-Druid

Alicia Fox is a weird case of WWE somehow being current with their pop culture, since I swear her current gimmick started right after the whole, um... you know, that singer's sister who attacked her boyfriend in an elevator for some reason, I don't really give half of a shit. It's also certainly better than "Rosie vs Trump" or "Obama vs Clinton"... which is like saying that "Rosie vs Trump" was better than Katie Vick. That bar is so damn low...

As for Paige (the current Diva's Champion and challenger to Sheamus for Palest Wrestler On The Roster)... from all accounts, she was a lot more entertaining while she was in NXT. The issue is, her character down there didn't make the transfer up to Raw and Smackdown because the women's division is treated like a bit of an afterthought.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:24 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
You could only think a black woman acting crazy is "racist" if you secretly believe that to be a correct stereotype about black people, Bolvar. I don't see anything racist about it, just the usual god awful writing.
Ok.

If you think a black woman wearing leopard print and acting like a wild animal isn't a racist trope, you're in denial, but nice attempt to spin that on me, buddy.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:32 AM

Elune

Remember Piggy James? Yeah...
Old 06-11-2014, 10:39 AM

Elune

Quote:
Ok.

If you think a black woman wearing leopard print and acting like a wild animal isn't a racist trope, you're in denial, but nice attempt to spin that on me, buddy.
If i recall it just stuck after she had a outburst in the week of outbursts a month back now i think.. She seems to be enjoying it quite a lot though.

Paige looks like she does because she is from Norwich and very pale . She never had much of a goth look past having a piercing but WWE think it fits well along with her title as the Anti-Diva. I doubt we will see her full potential or even Emma's until they get a storyline with each other or AJ Lee when she returns.

Run
Old 06-11-2014, 11:37 AM

Elune

Quote:
Ok.

The point is that the character is supposed to act "crazy", not like a "wild animal". You're the one making that connection

Not saying Vince isn't an old racist fart, because he is - but this isn't a case of that.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:53 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
The point is that the character is supposed to act "crazy", not like a "wild animal". You're the one making that connection

Not saying Vince isn't an old racist fart, because he is - but this isn't a case of that.
OK, I'm speaking clearly as one who does not follow the sport very closely, but was born and raised as a minority white guy in black neighborhoods - if you put Alicia Fox's act on TV where I came from, you would have a room full of pissed off negroes.

Maybe that's not her intent. But that's what she's doing - she's serving up a very unflattering stereotype.

Anyhow - I'm doing exactly what I didn't want to do, which was spend way too much time discussing the Divas division, which I think is the saddest joke in a sport full of sad jokes.

Tags
cena sucks, even the tags are divided, lets go cena