Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 08-17-2011, 12:43 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killchrono View Post
I'm honestly not too hyped for the Blizzard official release.

Unless they have former DOTA devs on it, in which case I may check it out.
They employed a lot of them for Starcraft 2 so i am sure they probably will be a few . Hopefully we will get some information on the Blizzard All-stars game and for those curious in a hour and 20 minutes there will be a DOTA2 tourny streaming from there website at www.dota2.com. Quite the unique way to show off the game for the first time.

http://www.dota2.com/tournaments/int...q=hd&c=English

IT LOOKS AMAZING... and by amazing i mean the textures.

Last edited by Ku'ja; 08-17-2011 at 02:55 AM..
Old 08-17-2011, 05:57 AM

Arch-Druid

Hey look, it's a game on the same map with the same heroes with the same items. I also think it's retarded that they already have a tournament for a game that hasn't even come out, could they even be more obvious that there's so little difference?
Old 08-17-2011, 06:17 AM

Elune

Urgh i give up with the communities lol... HoN fanboys are shouting about saying it looks like LoL, LoL players are saying it looks like HoN and DotA players are crying its like LoL/DotA i mean come on.

I didn't expect any changes from the conversion from DotA to DOTA2 but expect a lot of new things to come after the release.

I do like on the other hand the fact that there is a tourney already as its the best way to show this game off instead of simply gameplay footage with there being more of it and we get a better look at the game .
Old 08-17-2011, 06:28 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
Urgh i give up with the communities lol... HoN fanboys are shouting about saying it looks like LoL, LoL players are saying it looks like HoN and DotA players are crying its like LoL/DotA i mean come on.

I didn't expect any changes from the conversion from DotA to DOTA2 but expect a lot of new things to come after the release.

I do like on the other hand the fact that there is a tourney already as its the best way to show this game off instead of simply gameplay footage with there being more of it and we get a better look at the game .
It gives people who know the game better or have had a longer chance to play it, have an obvious advantage.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:32 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyson View Post
It gives people who know the game better or have had a longer chance to play it, have an obvious advantage.
Very true but if they made to many changes they would lose all of there original players which could of made the game flop especially if its not free to play.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:49 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Very true but if they made to many changes they would lose all of there original players which could of made the game flop especially if its not free to play.
I doubt they'll only aim for people who played the original(which is almost a decade old), because that's a pretty small audience. If it's too similar to DOTA(and by extension LoL/HoN), why would you bother paying for a game that you can play for free?
I honestly don't get how you could play those games on the same map with practicly the same heroes for years and not get bored.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:13 AM

Elune

Quote:
I doubt they'll only aim for people who played the original(which is almost a decade old), because that's a pretty small audience. If it's too similar to DOTA(and by extension LoL/HoN), why would you bother paying for a game that you can play for free?
I honestly don't get how you could play those games on the same map with practicly the same heroes for years and not get bored.
I guess when you play with 4 mates it never gets boring since there are always new heroes coming out plus we play LoL, HoN and RoT which is more heroes and alternate items. Plus LoL is now bringing out Dominion which is a step forward in my eyes.

DotA still has a major amount of players (i would say more than HoN) due to it being the number one MOBA game in China and Sweden in general and its still huge in the rest of Europe and the US so its far from being a small audience. Icefrog did say he was aiming for it to be for the DotA players foremost since he dislikes HoN as they basically copied shit loads of heroes and ended up changing alot of them making them less diverse.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:13 PM

Lord of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozdormu View Post
There is actually some rumors going on right now that Valve is making a new Counter Strike. Gamers have been called in to Valve's headquarters for gametesting of a new game under the project name "Global offensive", and according to leaks this is apparently a new CSS using a brand new Source engine.
Here we go.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:00 PM

Banished

Quote:
I guess when you play with 4 mates it never gets boring since there are always new heroes coming out plus we play LoL, HoN and RoT which is more heroes and alternate items. Plus LoL is now bringing out Dominion which is a step forward in my eyes.
Very hyped about Dominion, Summoner's Rift is getting stale.
What an exciting day! I locked myself in with good food, drinks and mates on TS and watched the stream. The art looks fairly good (I love some of the concepts, Earthshaker, the koala on roids, Dazzle and Tidehunter look great, Vengeful Spirit, on the other hand, doesn't really appeal to me at all although I loved her in DOTA). I love DOTA for actually sporting MALE support characters, I'm sick of playing females (or OUTRAGEOUS) supports.

Worst indeed are the fanbases on all three sides. Everyone is yelling, complaining, pointing and being an all around dick. DOTA 2 actually costing money doesn't bother me if it might keep some of those people away.

Edit: Funniest part, related to whole "MY GOD 99% of those heros look like their WC 3 counterpart" are the names of the characters. Paid some attention to them? It's Anti Mage but Puck and not Faerie Dragon

Last edited by Lowtide; 08-17-2011 at 01:07 PM..
Old 08-17-2011, 06:58 PM

Elune

Quote:
Hey look, it's a game on the same map with the same heroes with the same items. I also think it's retarded that they already have a tournament for a game that hasn't even come out, could they even be more obvious that there's so little difference?
A lot of the textures in DOTA2 honestly look like they were ripped from SC2/WC3.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:44 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 08-19-2011, 09:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
I am abit irritated that its coming when Heart of the Swarm comes out since they did say April this year like last Blizzcon but i guess i will have to wait... At least there is LoL since Dominion looks absolutely amazing !
Old 09-23-2011, 08:10 PM

Banished

RISE!

DOTA 2 voice files leaked (and some sort of hint at HL2 Episode 3 but that's probably just Valve trolling)
Bane is fucking scary.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dota2sounds#p/u
Old 09-23-2011, 08:26 PM

Elune

Icefrog said that they are pushing the game so that it comes out really soon but not all of the characters will be out on release like was planned.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/119/1196235p1.html
Old 09-24-2011, 04:57 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Seems EA wants a piece of the cake, too.

They're going to release a W40K MOBA. Yes, I WTF'ed, too.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 09-26-2011, 06:32 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: IliyaM#1840

Care to share a link for that, Lon?

Also, as one who has played neither DoTA1 on WC3 nor LoL, I'm more inclined to try this than opposed to the former two.

I am Dallanna Stoneweaver, Destroyer of Threads, Logic, and Lawns.

Tip for writers: The "Rule of Cool" does not a good story make!

Dorf R 4 Fite!
Old 09-26-2011, 06:48 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Footman

On the Blizzard MOBA do we know what the heroes that are going to be used? I would love to play a Mountain King inspired champion.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:57 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: A big point of nothing in space and time (i.e. Brisbane, Australia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iliya View Post
Care to share a link for that, Lon?

Also, as one who has played neither DoTA1 on WC3 nor LoL, I'm more inclined to try this than opposed to the former two.
Seconded.

I AM an old-school DOTA player and a current LoL player, but I would most definitely try a 40k MOBA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killchrono View Post
Shut up and get in the bag, new guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
At least people notice me now. ;-;
Old 09-26-2011, 07:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
On the Blizzard MOBA do we know what the heroes that are going to be used? I would love to play a Mountain King inspired champion.

Quote:
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 09-26-2011, 07:08 PM

Elune

Footman

Interesting, so is everything Warcraft based being updated to look like it fits in with Starcraft?

Also do we know anything about those 2 "dwarves?"
Old 09-26-2011, 07:11 PM

According to what we got at BlizzCon, the model is different if you're on the 'good team' or 'bad team'. That's Muradin, by the way.

Quote:

Last edited by HalfElfDragon; 09-26-2011 at 07:15 PM..
Old 09-26-2011, 07:17 PM

Elune

Footman

My first guess was Muradin and Magni; I think that is pretty neat.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:37 PM

Elune

http://www.dota2.com/comics/are_we_heroes_yet/1/

If DOTA2 keep doing this then they have got me playing there game for sure .
Old 11-02-2011, 02:42 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
http://www.dota2.com/comics/are_we_heroes_yet/1/

If DOTA2 keep doing this then they have got me playing there game for sure .
Meh... I've seen better webcomics out there.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 11-02-2011, 02:53 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Meh... I've seen better webcomics out there.
Its is still a plus really and if they do this for each character it would be epic.. It would be taking a step forward from what LoL is doing with just descriptive Lore pieces (which are epic to if you read them ).

Tags
copyright, dota>lol, vidja games