Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-28-2011, 11:55 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
So it seems you get 150 per any heroic at the moment on the PTR. Solves one of the problems that 4.1 caused be forcing you to do the same 2 dungeons if you wanted max valor.
Thank goodness. I don't like those troll dungeons at all personally.

They're sorta fun, but they're really frustrating and I didn't even really want to do them the once.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:55 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Badass pvp sets, thanks for posting them Handclaw .

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrRotalHenricsson View Post
Lon, i like you an' all, but would you PLEASE shut up about the WotA Raid being a 5man? Look at how "big" some of the raids of the past were: Obsidium Sanctum, Gruul's Lair, Magtheridon, Onyxia, that place where no one goes to kill Al'akir... small raids are nothing new and nothing not to be expected; it's highly unlikely that they altered the dungeon any more than what they did to ZA. Don't want to shut you up; i'M not long here long enough to even consider that. But it's fucking annoying.
Come on, don't compare 1-boss raids to 6+ boss raids. WotA was going to have a shitload of bosses, at least 6, and maybe Ulduar-size with more than 10.

Your argument is full of fail >_<.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 09-28-2011, 11:58 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
WotA was going to have a shitload of bosses, at least 6, and maybe Ulduar-size with more than 10.
Great intel. Did you get that from Blizzard?
Old 09-28-2011, 11:59 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Great intel. Did you get that from Blizzard?
Apparently he knows a lot about a raid that was dropped over 10 months ago (that's when we heard the rumblings that it was scrapped). It wasn't even starting to get developed yet.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:07 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Badass pvp sets, thanks for posting them Handclaw .

Come on, don't compare 1-boss raids to 6+ boss raids. WotA was going to have a shitload of bosses, at least 6, and maybe Ulduar-size with more than 10.

Your argument is full of fail >_<.
Sadly i was beaten to asking you how you know that. Given how they incorporate it into the whole Deathwing fight it's unlikely they had anything else planed for it. Cata's story may be a bit on the bland side and Thrall-centric, but it definitely looks like they had most of the stuff planned out.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:09 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post

Wow, that's a pretty lame name. Wrathion? Really? They couldn't think of anything better than that?
It's no worse than Nefarian
Old 09-28-2011, 12:10 PM

For the fans of the technomage set:

The Technomage set on a Gnome!

Also, as a small bonus: A clockwork mace. And before anyone mention it, I don't freakin' care that mages cannot wear maces! ;P
Old 09-28-2011, 12:17 PM

Elune

So...no Vashj?
Old 09-28-2011, 12:19 PM

To continue the data mine rampage:

Dungeon Plate (I love the shoulders...)

Last edited by handclaw; 09-28-2011 at 12:21 PM..
Old 09-28-2011, 12:23 PM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post

To continue the data mine rampage:

Dungeon Plate (I love the shoulders...)
Where's that drop?

That's a badass set..

Bolvar's FanFiction Index
Old 09-28-2011, 12:23 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Going to be careful how I phrase this, not trying to whine. But this Murozond thing feels pretty weird.

The Infinite Dragonflight line has been building up for three expansions now and with us just solving the entire mystery in Endtime ... it feels kinda anti-climatic? I mean, I get why they did it. They wanna wrap up all the dragon-related loose ends in Cataclysm but I would have thought it would be a bit dramatic than this.

I don't know. Quests aren't in yet and I haven't even fought the boss yet, so could definitely be wrong on this.

Last edited by Sarahmoo; 09-28-2011 at 12:30 PM..
Old 09-28-2011, 12:25 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Where's that drop?

That's a badass set..
It's the 5 man dungeon 'set'.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:27 PM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
Going to be careful how I phrase this, not trying to whine. But this Murozond thing feels pretty weird.

The Infinite Dragonflight line has been building up for three expansions now and with us just solving the entire mystery in Endtime ... it feels kind anti-climatic? I mean, I get why they did it. They wanna wrap up all the dragon-related loose ends in Cataclysm but I would have thought it would a bit dramatic than this.

I don't know. Quests aren't in yet and I haven't even fought the boss yet, so could definitely be wrong on this.
No, you're dead-on-balls accurate. This shouldn't be a 5-man conclusion tacked on to the Deathwing raid. It doesn't fit.

The whole time-travel-grab-the-demon-soul thing doesn't work. It's silly, paradoxical, problematic, and stupid. I can think of a dozen better ways to get a CoT instance to fit this expansion.

Bolvar's FanFiction Index

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Quaero#1875

[QUOTE=handclaw;353278]

You will never unsee the helmet as a chicken head.

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
Going to be careful how I phrase this, not trying whine. But this Murozond thing feels kinda weird.

The Infinite Dragonflight line has been building up for three expansions now and with us just solving the entire mystery in Endtime ... it feels kind anti-climatic? I mean, I get why they did it. They wanna wrap up all the dragon-related loose ends in Cataclysm but I would have thought it would a bit dramatic than this.

Here's my prediction (or how I would handle it):

The story line truly ends in Dragon Soul. At the end of everything Nozdormu is is working as hard as he can for the timelines to not come undone because of the Dragon Soul incident. Perhaps during the fight the DS is destroyed in some way and can't be returned to the past properly, so Nozdormu has to use all of his power and mental capacity to set things right, more or less sacrificing himself. In the end, time is fixed, but he emerges an Infinite Dragon.

I don't know, ending the story with how Nozdormu came to be Murozond --with the beginning --would be a really cool way to treat these time travelling villains. It would have a great sense of closure and "end" the story in a much more epic way than a 5 man boss fight. I of course have no idea what blizzard would do, but if I were in charge that's how I would do it, addressing the paradox in the process.

Just some thoughts.

Even so, I'm not terribly unhappy with it anyway. I like 5 mans, Jin'do and Arthas were sufficiently epic, why can't this?

Last edited by Porimlys; 09-28-2011 at 12:31 PM..
Old 09-28-2011, 12:30 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

And one more thing! Stop quoting giant pictures all the time, there's no need to repeat them every five posts.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:30 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

I don't really understand why 5-man's get such a bad reputation.

To me, an instance in which you go forward in time and fight the shattered remains of four of the most prominent racial leader in a post-apocalyptic world leading up to fighting the corruption of one of the dragon aspects seems sufficiently epic to me.

Though the story context of 'We have to PROVE how important it is we mess with the timeline!' thing kinda bugs me a little bit.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:34 PM

Arch-Druid

Here's the text from the Murozond fight, I didn't screen shot the end but it's basically Nozmordu says "I will be corrupted too eventually, you will fight me again. The cycle contunues"
Old 09-28-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaero View Post
You will never unsee the helmet as a chicken head.
So what? You have problem with chicken? YOU DON'T LIKE CHICKEN??

No deal to me

Anyway, here is the rest of the dungeon sets...

Dungeon Mail

Dungeon Leather

And finally:

Dungeon Robe... But the shoulders are currently set up the wrong way around (means: left shoulder is placed on right shoulder slot, and vice versa), so I left them out...

It looks like this though.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:43 PM

Elune

The cloth set is like the previous evolution of mage t13.

I can dig it
Old 09-28-2011, 12:47 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post
Not my fault if some people fail to check the files properly... The textures of this armor clearly say that this is a pvp set.

Next up: Warrior

Yes! Yes! Yes! YES!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:48 PM

Arch-Druid

Plate and Cloth sets I like.

Mail...is ok. Leather, eh.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:51 PM

Eternal

ARGHFGGJ!!! Why am I always arriving late for the party and commenting last when all the juicy stuff starts rolling? WHY??!! /rage

Anyway, here are my thoughts:

- Ooooohh, yeeeaaaah babyyy!!! Illidan looks boss as fuck! Now just WTB cool looking warglaives and he's set!

- Nope, still not liking the Azshara's model, it's just can't click for me. It's not just that she looks kinda like an ordinary night elf, but also that Blizzard decided to stick with a fan's vision of her instead of their own previously established appearance... yeah, GG.

- Not liking the Tyrande model, either. Nope sir. What's that... thing stuck in her head, looks like a funny hat... what a ridiculous hairdo. Also, a warrior-priestess on high heels? Yeah, very practical Blizzard.

- Kinda makes you scratch your head over Blizzard's process of creating new models and updating old ones. They do an absolutely phenomenal job on Illidan (seriously, I just can't stop looking at that model. MAKE IT PLAYABLE FFS!!!) and then they do a mediocre Azshara and Tyrande... Even makes me when I remember that screenshot of Flawless Illidan standing right next to an ugly old Malfurion. Kinda makes you wonder if Blizzard have something up their sleeve making Illidan's model so polished, hmmm.

- That Black Drake Prince. Sorry, but the first thing I thought when I first saw it was "a stretched up pygmy". ARGH, CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD NOW!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:55 PM

Banished

Does this Rogue-only epic questline hint at future class-specific epic questlines?
Old 09-28-2011, 01:11 PM

The Digger

It looks like priests really won the jackpot for cool sets this time around, and good for them, it's about time.

Also, Handclaw, I noticed when browsing through the wowhead icons that there seemed to be two dungeon plate sets, the one you linked and a red one with a winged helmet. Do you know anything about that?