Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 04-15-2012, 11:15 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan Seven View Post
*sheds another tear at the retconning of KOTOR 2* Why, BioWare, why? And Drew Karpyshyn, I bought your Darth Bane trilogy! I expected better of you!
It's not even retconning, just... ignoring parts of it he didn't like or din't bother to research. The sadness, it overwhelms me too, bro.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:53 AM

Needs A Hug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
It's not even retconning, just... ignoring parts of it he didn't like or din't bother to research. The sadness, it overwhelms me too, bro.

I miss Kreia.

"Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shootin' stuff."
Old 04-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Slowpokeking

Finished those quests on Tatooine, they are pretty easy.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:35 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
*sheds another tear at the retconning of KOTOR 2* Why, BioWare, why? And Drew Karpyshyn, I bought your Darth Bane trilogy! I expected better of you!
Yeah, that Revan novel was a mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 04-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
-rewatches Return of the Jedi-

Sounds about right.
1. Sidious was not defeated by the Jedi, but a powerful Sith Lord.
2. He was focusing on Luke and using battle mediation to command the fleet, got ambushed by Vader. The JK story you defeat the Emperor face on.

Also I think the Emperor's Hand/Wrath might be covering his death.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:49 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Also I think the Emperor's Hand/Wrath might be covering his death.
That is just stupid.What is the point of all the build up you make in the novel,timeline videos and the game itself,if you are going to kill him in just 1 class storyline ?
Old 04-15-2012, 12:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
That is just stupid.What is the point of all the build up you make in the novel,timeline videos and the game itself,if you are going to kill him in just 1 class storyline ?
It's better than he deserves, but probably not.

Quote:
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 04-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
I personally don't think he's dead either because it's just the beginning of the ToR story. They are gonna make xpc. However I think the hand/wrath was just covering for him because he was crippled and needed time to recover.

Also the Emperor's death didn't affect the empire too much because the Dark Council pretty much discuss the politics and warfare. The biggest blow might be Malgus' betrayal.

Or, the Emperor's goal was too crazy even for the imperials, so maybe they wanted to remove him to make a better "empire". Who will be a better emperor?

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 04-15-2012 at 01:36 PM..
Old 04-15-2012, 05:27 PM

Elune

Quote:
I personally don't think he's dead either because it's just the beginning of the ToR story.
It's obvious he isn't dead.

Spoilers

Look, he's still alive, but severely weakened after the Jedi battle. The temple is about to cave in, you get a message telling you to get out of there, and you run. That's it. You are outta there. You don't stop to kill him. You leave him.

Then, literally the next time your on your ship (if Kira is all "ohh, I want your sexy body) you get a companion quest saying Children of the Emperor are receiving mental commands from him.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
It's obvious he isn't dead.

Spoilers

Look, he's still alive, but severely weakened after the Jedi battle. The temple is about to cave in, you get a message telling you to get out of there, and you run. That's it. You are outta there. You don't stop to kill him. You leave him.

Then, literally the next time your on your ship (if Kira is all "ohh, I want your sexy body) you get a companion quest saying Children of the Emperor are receiving mental commands from him.
Yeah, during his recovery he went silent to the council and the imperial troops for a while, this caused Malgus' betrayal.

However I really hope the Emperor could throw away that "devour the galaxy" goal, it's even too crazy for a Sith, not to say for a political leader.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:32 PM

Elune

Well, it's hard to call the emperor a Sith. He used something other than the Dark Side of the Force. He used the void (I think is what Revans book called it). He was..beyond...one person. He had billions and billions of people stuck inside his head, screaming with his words.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:36 PM

I hope he gets killed by an ewok. That's the best a character of his merit deserves.

Quote:
Old 04-15-2012, 06:50 PM

Elune

Quote:
Well, it's hard to call the emperor a Sith. He used something other than the Dark Side of the Force. He used the void (I think is what Revans book called it). He was..beyond...one person. He had billions and billions of people stuck inside his head, screaming with his words.
As i said.A cosmic horror.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
It's still Dark Side of the Force.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:21 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
You can decide to stop and finish him. In that case the temple will still be destroyed with his ominous voice. The matter of Vitiate's survival is not there: the body you are killing is not his one and only body. The confirmation that he transcended to a new voice is actually in Sith Warrior's post-ending story material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking
It's still Dark Side of the Force.
Revan and Scourge beg to differ.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
You can decide to stop and finish him. In that case the temple will still be destroyed with his ominous voice. The matter of Vitiate's survival is not there: the body you are killing is not his one and only body. The confirmation that he transcended to a new voice is actually in Sith Warrior's post-ending story material.
It's an email, possibly just a lie to keep the control, he still needs time to recover.

Quote:
Revan and Scourge beg to differ.
They are not powerful enough to observe the dark side.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:59 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
They are not powerful enough to observe the dark side.
And you are?
Old 04-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
And you are?
Link the quote from the book and we'll figure it out.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:29 PM

Site Staff - News
BattleTag: Greyhame#1747

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nathema

The Void seems to be more what is the result of the after effect of the ritual (which is likely a Dark side thing) that caused all life and the Force to be drained from the planet, causing a void in the Force.

And that's what unnerved Lord Scourge enough to work against the Emperor.

But I don't think they ever explained how the ritual worked, either in the book or in game, just that the result was a complete and utter absence of the Force.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:33 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garotar View Post
But I don't think they ever explained how the ritual worked, either in the book or in game, just that the result was a complete and utter absence of the Force.
Because no one knows how to do it.Nyriss told Scourge the Emperor attempted the most complex ritual of Sith sorcery ever attempted.The Emperor studied the Darkside for many years during his reign on Nathema,and given his really great powers no wonder he managed to do the ritual.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garotar View Post

The Void seems to be more what is the result of the after effect of the ritual (which is likely a Dark side thing) that caused all life and the Force to be drained from the planet, causing a void in the Force.

And that's what unnerved Lord Scourge enough to work against the Emperor.

It is force drain, power of the Dark Side, both Darth Nihilus and Sidious used it after.

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 04-16-2012 at 02:36 PM..
Old 04-16-2012, 02:36 PM

Elune

Quote:
It is force drain, power of the Dark Side, both Darth Nihilus and Sidious used it before.
And had the same results ? Planets even stripped of color and sound ?
Old 04-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
And had the same results ? Planets even stripped of color and sound ?
It's not totally the same, but still a type of force drain. he mainly drained out the life and force to empower himself.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:38 PM

Site Staff - News
BattleTag: Greyhame#1747

Quote:
It is force drain, power of the Dark Side, both Darth Nihilus and Sidious used it after.
No, this is just beyond draining life. This is completely and utterly removing the Force from the area. Force sensitive people go there, and they lose their connection to the Force. There is literally nothing alive there, and nothing ever will live their again.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:40 PM

Elune

Quote:
It's not totally the same, but still a type of force drain. he mainly drained out the life and force to empower himself.
But the souls of those consumed were still in the Emperor.I don't remember Sidious's voice sounding like many others were speaking at the same time with him.

Tags
ill take slowpoke for 500, mmos, slowpoke, star trek, star wars