Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 06-04-2012, 08:34 PM

Elune

So. Server transfer, LFG-tool, Raised level cap, new warzones, operations, new difficulty, new companions, HK-somethingdroidfromkotor companion, new "epic" space mission, main class stories evolved, new world and Swtor going free to play up until level 15.

All coming this summer, for "free" and not as part of an expansion pack.

Discuss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Did you really just politicize toilet paper flushing?
Old 06-04-2012, 08:43 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Desperation. They want to grab players attention and show them SWTOR actually has life left in it, the problem is the hype is already gone. People may return, but they're never going to get the "WoW Killer" player base they were hoping for. What they should be doing is focusing on reducing playtime that's non-interaction (e.g. excessive cut scenes) letting players stay rooted in the action instead of in the dialogue. Players don't want a JRPG, they want an MMO, which means they want a living world that's active through the actions they make, not the words they speak. It'll stabilize above it's current numbers, but we won't see a playerbase remain over 1 million until they fix their decision to clone the generic parts of WoW and fill the gaps with speech.

The Mad Admin
Old 06-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
Desperation. They want to grab players attention and show them SWTOR actually has life left in it, the problem is the hype is already gone. People may return, but they're never going to get the "WoW Killer" player base they were hoping for. What they should be doing is focusing on reducing playtime that's non-interaction (e.g. excessive cut scenes) letting players stay rooted in the action instead of in the dialogue. Players don't want a JRPG, they want an MMO, which means they want a living world that's active through the actions they make, not the words they speak. It'll stabilize above it's current numbers, but we won't see a playerbase remain over 1 million until they fix their decision to clone the generic parts of WoW and fill the gaps with speech.
Nothing can kill WOW except itself, and the golden age of MMO is over.

You can click space to skip these stuff, the biggest problem is still about the end game, once you finish your class quest, the fun just toned down a lot.

I will talk a little more once I finish Sith Warrior's story.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:54 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
I liked the cutscenes. One of hte better parts of the game.
I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims.

The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake.

Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

Stand with us.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
I liked the cutscenes. One of hte better parts of the game.
Yeah, it's not the big problem, by click space it will be done in secs.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:56 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Yeah, it's not the big problem, by click space it will be done in secs.
Don't even have to do that. You can turn them off in the options.
I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims.

The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake.

Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

Stand with us.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:58 PM

Site Staff - News
BattleTag: Greyhame#1747

I'm just happy they are advancing the story. Probably get me to add more time to my account again.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Slowpokeking

I like it mostly because its great story. Also compare to WOW you got a lot of freedom to make choice and build your character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garotar View Post
I'm just happy they are advancing the story. Probably get me to add more time to my account again.
Is Bounty Hunter's story cool? I am thinking about next class when I finish my Marauder, got 43 now.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:03 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Same, I wonder what I'll do for the Empire now that Baras is dead?

“Weakness and ambivalence lead to war.” - George H.W. Bush
Old 06-04-2012, 09:04 PM

Site Staff - News

Bounty Hunter is fun. The story is pretty good as well. I still need to finish it, but since I finished Diablo 3 I haven't exactly been playing much of anything.

It's also one of the funner classes to play. I have a powertech, and while it seems odd for a class that uses guns to be mostly fighting in close combat, your primary attacks are mostly short range and you use the flamethrower a fair amount. And grapple is just enjoyable. Plus the armour looks cool.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Slowpokeking

FINALLY!
Baras and that Lord were both tough, took many tries until I found the right way. Kite that Lord Draag and use DPS companion on Baras' 2nd phase.

The story overall, is good for a "Darth Vader" type of character, unlike SI you fought the republic and the Jedi a lot, also got chance to manipulate and corrupt people, even a Jedi Master.

The flaws, well, chapter 2 is kinda of boring and too rushed, as a council member Darth Vengen fell too quickly. Chapter 3 became pure powerplay again, you even have to work with a Jedi to finish Baras' sister.

I think it could be better if chapter 2 has more powerplay rather than mostly straightforward and a betrayal in the end, let Vengen and Baras fight each other and you finish them all. Chapter 3 will focus more on fighting the republic and the Jedi. Since the Jedi Knight got chance to fight the Emperor, Sith Warrior should be able to challenge Satele Shan as their final mission.

The worst part of the plot:

Quinn betrayed you, wanted to kill you for Baras and you didn't much to punish him? Not to say kill him, at least put a shock collar on his neck!
Attached Images

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 06-07-2012 at 09:26 PM..
Old 06-15-2012, 08:53 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Old 06-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Slowpokeking

Free to play? That's sorry for them but cool to the players.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:04 PM

Site Staff - News

Well, they currently have the same free to play model WoW does.

Whether they go full free to play or not doesn't overly affect me. If it works for them it works for them, and it just means that I'll have my account active more often.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:12 PM

Elune

What's with all the Bioware hate? Every game they've released has been near flawless to me.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies… strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night… live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
Wasn't Thoradin a dwarf?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:16 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
What's with all the Bioware hate? Every game they've released has been near flawless to me.
Wait, every? You even enjoyed the ME3 ending?

Well, I suppose I can't really complain about you being happy with something, but I do hope they don't just leave it like this.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
To be honest, if Blizzard made a new MMO now without much change of WOW's format, it's also hard to live on.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:26 PM

Elune

Quote:
Wait, every? You even enjoyed the ME3 ending?

Well, I suppose I can't really complain about you being happy with something, but I do hope they don't just leave it like this.
I had issues with the ME3 ending until Bioware cleared some stuff up (most notably that the Mass Relays can be rebuilt and not everyone on the Citadel is dead.)
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies… strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night… live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Wasn't Thoradin a dwarf?
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Slowpokeking

If they open free transfer to whatever server, how about we move to the same one?
Old 06-15-2012, 09:28 PM

Site Staff - News

Quote:
Part of it is that the game didn't live up to the pedestal the players put it on before release. Blizzard has gone through this themselves with Starcraft 2 and (currently) Diablo 3 (not to say you can't have problems with it, it's more how you express it).

Out of that there's the people chasing the next MMO Holy Grail, and tend to get pissed off when the next one doesn't meet that so it's a failure and the game deserves to die.

And part of it is just people trolling. Bioware is a big name now, so they tend to attract more of it.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Part of it is that the game didn't live up to the pedestal the players put it on before release. Blizzard has gone through this themselves with Starcraft 2 and (currently) Diablo 3 (not to say you can't have problems with it, it's more how you express it).

Out of that there's the people chasing the next MMO Holy Grail, and tend to get pissed off when the next one doesn't meet that so it's a failure and the game deserves to die.

And part of it is just people trolling. Bioware is a big name now, so they tend to attract more of it.
Most importantly, this is a Blizzard fan community.

I like it and see its flaw clearly, if it's RPG it's as good as KOTOR 1 and 2.

If it's Diablo/GW style free to play game it's also cool.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:40 PM

Site Staff - News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Most importantly, this is a Blizzard fan community.
Yeah but they (and SWTOR) get hate in other places as well. And to be hoenst, it doesn't get much hate here, it's just most people are not interested in talking about it.

Massively commenters tend to make up a rather large portion of the Chasing the MMO Holy Grail crowd I was talking about, so anything that didn't meet that they tend to hate.

As for the article, I don't see the free to play model coming anytime soon, as in this year, but they are definitely open to options.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Yeah but they (and SWTOR) get hate in other places as well. And to be hoenst, it doesn't get much hate here, it's just most people are not interested in talking about it.

Massively commenters tend to make up a rather large portion of the Chasing the MMO Holy Grail crowd I was talking about, so anything that didn't meet that they tend to hate.

As for the article, I don't see the free to play model coming anytime soon, as in this year, but they are definitely open to options.
They will look at the situation after 1.3 then decide I guess.

Great story(especially IA), that's worth my bucks already.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:46 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
I feel like every sequel they make is worse than the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 06-15-2012, 09:58 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
I feel like every sequel they make is worse than the first.
Mass Effect 1 is shit compared to 2 and 3.
Quote:
Wasn't Thoradin a dwarf?
Quote:
You are right Fojar.

Tags
ill take slowpoke for 500, mmos, slowpoke, star trek, star wars