Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 04-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Slowpokeking

FINALLY 50 and finished Corellia's main story plot!

Here is my Chiss Sniper. Gonna play a new char now.
Attached Images

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 04-06-2012 at 02:52 PM..
Old 04-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Slowpokeking

My Sith Sorcerer hit 12 now, the story is pretty straightforward compare to IA, I'm sure Act I will end with me fight my master Zash.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:07 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
My Sith Sorcerer hit 12 now, the story is pretty straightforward compare to IA, I'm sure Act I will end with me fight my master Zash.
Heeeey, what do you think of Zash right now?
Old 04-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
Heeeey, what do you think of Zash right now?
She must got some plan for me, treachery is the way of the Sith.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:21 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
She must got some plan for me, treachery is the way of the Sith.
Just don't fall for the pretty face. It might be a trap.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
I know she must used some force mask ability.

I think killing Ffon was not necessary, that guy did nothing wrong and told the truth that he didn't get the map. But I understand that's the way of the Sith.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:23 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
What you did there, I see it!

Old 04-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Slowpokeking

How come Twi'lek cannot choose Bounty Hunter?
Old 04-08-2012, 09:34 AM

Sha of Disappointment

They would burn their lekku with a jetpack.

Quote:
Would you rather have a new raid or a new raid?
Old 04-08-2012, 09:37 AM

Elune

Quote:

I think killing Ffon was not necessary, that guy did nothing wrong and told the truth that he didn't get the map. But I understand that's the way of the Sith.
The horror that awaits you Slow...
And Ffon was an arrogant shithead.He deserved it.Harkun deserves eternal torture though.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
The horror that awaits you Slow...
And Ffon was an arrogant shithead.He deserved it.Harkun deserves eternal torture though.
Relax, nothing is more horrible than the mind control dervice in IA story line.
99% of the Sith are arrogant, and they are shithead in many people's eyes.

Oh that sucks, my Sith Sorcerer is a Twi'lek.
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2012, 09:41 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Ffon was a backstabbing, pretentious, murderous, jerkish asshole that would kill you without a single thought if it wasn't for the academy's rules. Per my "anti-asshole" policy he is certainly qualified for the eradication. And I think that the only real "way of the Sith" is to do what you feel like doing, what you wish to do, what your emotions//feelings/passions/whatever tell you to do: a Sith's explanation for doing things should be "because I wanted to do so", not "because it was a Sithy thing to do".

Quote:
Oh, nice catch by the way. Remember, that she has been a Sith Lord for a verrry long time.

Last edited by Kir the Wizard; 04-08-2012 at 09:44 AM..
Old 04-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Ffon was a backstabbing, pretentious, murderous, jerkish asshole that would kill you without a single thought if it wasn't for the academy's rules. Per my "anti-asshole" policy he is certainly qualified for the eradication. And I think that the only real "way of the Sith" is to do what you feel like doing, what you wish to do, what your emotions//feelings/passions/whatever tell you to do: a Sith's explanation for doing things should be "because I wanted to do so", not "because it was a Sithy thing to do".
That's what most of the Sith are.

I've been through my IA story line and most of the Sith I've encountered were arrogant shitheads, did NOTHING positive during the battle against the Star Cabal, only being used by them to harm the Intelligence. They were powerplaying rather than work against the Republic during the battle of Corellia. Some of them are worthless(Zhorrid).

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 04-08-2012 at 09:52 AM..
Old 04-08-2012, 10:14 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
That's what most of the Sith are.
Yeah, so? That just means you can kill even more rude, arrogant, sadistic NPCs.

"Yeah, they are jerks who want to kill me, but they are just Sith, so I probably shouldn't be angry at them" must NOT be your directive when dealing with these guys.

Quote:
I've been through my IA story line and most of the Sith I've encountered were arrogant shitheads, did NOTHING positive during the battle against the Star Cabal, only being used by them to harm the Intelligence. They were powerplaying rather than work against the Republic during the battle of Corellia. Some of them are worthless(Zhorrid).
Heh... Note that agent's story basically sets you against your superiors in a government of a magocratic state.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Yeah, so? That just means you can kill even more rude, arrogant, sadistic NPCs.

"Yeah, they are jerks who want to kill me, but they are just Sith, so I probably shouldn't be angry at them" must NOT be your directive when dealing with these guys.
That's what I dislike the most of the Sith class storyline, your main goal is not against the Jedi or the Republic, but to kill other Sith and make your triumph.

Quote:
Heh... Note that agent's story basically sets you against your superiors in a government of a magocratic state.
All 3 chapters were about go against the enemy of the Empire, even in the last one, you still focus on the Star Cabal.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:31 AM

Eternal

Quote:
That's what I dislike the most of the Sith class storyline, your main goal is not against the Jedi or the Republic, but to kill other Sith and make your triumph.
Only for the Inquisitor questline. For the Warrior, you strike against the enemies of the Empire on behalf of your master, Darth Baras.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
Only for the Inquisitor questline. For the Warrior, you strike against the enemies of the Empire on behalf of your master, Darth Baras.
Kill Baras in the end right? Chapter 2 is also about kill Baras' master.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:46 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Kill Baras in the end right? Chapter 2 is also about kill Baras' master.
Yes, but you strike against the Republic in the meantime, eliminating the Republic Strategic High Command.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:47 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Well, it's Bioware, not Obsidian. They usually get you, the big hero, to fight an obviously bad guy as a main goal, with some "kinda not so bad guys" on the sidelines, and a Sith antagonist is a much better canditate for an evil guy for all parties, as Sith always fight each other. In theory, they could set a Jedi as a main antagonist, play on "is there a right side" angle, or even use some interpretation of a Jedi Code for an absolute bad guy, but why bother if you could just throw more Sith at people?

Though you will fight Republic. There is even a Jedi Master turning into an evil prick as you steal his apprentice in Sith Warrior tale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
Baras was much better in the comic. Though in the game he is pretty funny and somewhat too forgiving if you decide to tease him all the time. That is, until the end...

Last edited by Kir the Wizard; 04-08-2012 at 10:49 AM..
Old 04-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Well, it's Bioware, not Obsidian. They usually get you, the big hero, to fight an obviously bad guy as a main goal, with some "kinda not so bad guys" on the sidelines, and a Sith antagonist is a much better canditate for an evil guy for all parties, as Sith always fight each other. In theory, they could set a Jedi as a main antagonist, play on "is there a right side" angle, or even use some interpretation of a Jedi Code for an absolute bad guy, but why bother if you could just throw more Sith at people?

Though you will fight Republic. There is even a Jedi Master turning into an evil prick as you steal his apprentice in Sith Warrior tale.
I think betray and kill each other is fine for Sith, but it should not be the main goal. In Bane's era Sith surely kill each other but they still mainly focus on their plan to take out the Jedi and the Republic.

Also if I'm not wrong, you don't have so many choices like join your enemies which IA did(Jadus and SIS). Sith(and the Jedi) are too extreme, and it limited their story.

Yeah I know, that guy use dark side of the force and you have to beat them 3 times. However the 2 later acts were about kill your master's master then your master. Your master was mostly using you to eliminate his archenemies.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:31 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
I think betray and kill each other is fine for Sith, but it should not be the main goal. In Bane's era Sith surely kill each other but they still mainly focus on their plan to take out the Jedi and the Republic.
It is really a problem of the educational system. How can you NOT expect infighting and treachery in high command when you teach the young ones that "as Sith you WILL betray and kill each other, grasping power only for yourself!.. Cause that's the way of the Sith!"

If I was a Dark Lord of the Sith, I'd probably implement something like Palpatine's system with Inquisitorium and other dark side adepts: turn the Sith into an elite spec ops unit with vast priviliges over the main imperial command, but also with strict command structure and without tolerance for infighting. None of this "kill your superior for a promotion" stuff, everything goes according to my laws. Bureaucracy could become a problem, but that's something you can live with. The new recruits are to be trained with hopes for best results, but with ideology of being content with their position among the elite of the Empire, of loyalty to my law and rule. No person should live with a thought "hey, one day I can kill our emperor and become an emperor myself!"

Quote:
Also if I'm not wrong, you don't have so many choices like join your enemies which IA did(Jadus and SIS). Sith(and the Jedi) are too extreme, and it limited their story.
Both Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor can take a reformist side and seek for the "Light-Side Sith" with help of you Jedi-turned-apprentice.

Speaking about that, you know what I hate about the game? Their definition of Dark/Light Side. It's like... just rename it to KILLER/GOODDOER. Almost no "emotions vs control" conflict, except maybe for the beginning of the JK (with the Twi'leks), no questioning over the intentions (that can affect the LS/DS outcome) of your actions, like in TSL.

Than that whole word combination of "Lightside Sith" - how is that possible? Why not "level-headed Sith", "not-so-murderous Sith", "merciful Sith", but "Light Sided" would imply a Sith valuing inner peace over power of emotions... which stands against the very nature of what a Sith is!

And then some choices... Kill a perverted pirate who is threatening your cover? DARKSIDE. Succumb to his wishes and whore your character for said pirate? LIGHTSIDE. Kill the two monsters standing near the Jedi Master? DARKSIDE. Turn the monsters to the Dark Side and make them kill the Jedi? LIGHTSIDE. WHY?! WHY!? WHY?!?!?!
Old 04-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Slowpokeking

The problem is that none of the Great Sith never betray others, but none of them were great because their treachery or other horrible stuff they did to their own kind. The story could be filled with treachery but at least the main boss should still be the enemy of the empire.

Yeah but compare to join the republic, side with Jadus and have sympathy for the Star Cabal it's still too extreme, either the light or the darkness. I also dislike the Light/Dark Side name, especially on Sith.

Well, IA storyline got many emotion VS control choices.

BTW: That Lord Kalig guy must be kidding! There is no way that I could be his descendant! He clearly didn't have 2 tails on his head and they would be too big for him to hide in a helm!

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 04-08-2012 at 12:31 PM..
Old 04-08-2012, 12:42 PM

The Sun King

Quote:
Well, IA storyline got many emotion VS control choices.
IA is not a forceuser, who actually draw their power over the Force from either source.

Quote:
BTW: That Lord Kalig guy must be kidding! There is no way that I could be his descendant! He clearly didn't have 2 tails on his head and they would be too big for him to hide in a helm!
Lord Kalig lived during the reign of Tulak Hord. A long, long time ago. One of his descendants had an intercource with a Twi'lek. As near-human races (both Red Sith and Twi'leks are these) the two were compatible. One of the children was a Twi'lek, or a hybrid. From that child there was another bloodline, which your character is a part of.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Slowpokeking

How is that Kaleesh companion? He reminds me of GG.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:47 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Footman

What if he cut them off?

Tags
ill take slowpoke for 500, mmos, slowpoke, star trek, star wars