Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 10-27-2011, 02:43 PM

Dryad

Quote:
"Grab your sword and fight the Horde...Uncle Lothar wants you!"
Sadly enough, not enough WoW players even know who Lothar is and won't get the reference.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:44 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochnar View Post
Sadly enough, not enough WoW players even know who Lothar is and won't get the reference.

I love Lothar.

My three favourite characters are Lothar, Daelin Proudmoore and King Terenas.

Quote:
having your kingdom obliterated by the people you sacrificed your father for will do that to you :V
Quote:
So shut the fuck up and remove the cactus from your ass you confrontational little, coconut water drinking, antisocial hippy smelling thundercunt
Old 10-27-2011, 02:46 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufin View Post
So if my undead was made pre-Cata does that mean that have some special rights over the MC'd newbies?
You get a special card to "Club Sylvanas".

I heard some nasty stuff goes on in there. I'm surprised you haven't been!
Old 10-27-2011, 03:22 PM

Druid of the Talon

Quote:
So if my undead was made pre-Cata does that mean that have some special rights over the MC'd newbies?
For all we know Sylvanas may have decided to seize everyone with mind control after she became able to use it on the new Forsaken, if she is even using it at all that is. Your original Forsaken may have been seized by mind control and you may not even know it. It may be so subtle your toon may not even know it
Old 10-27-2011, 03:31 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shattersnap View Post
For all we know Sylvanas may have decided to seize everyone with mind control after she became able to use it on the new Forsaken, if she is even using it at all that is. Your original Forsaken may have been seized by mind control and you may not even know it. It may be so subtle your toon may not even know it
Why'd I hear "The Twilight Zone" theme music when I read this?
Old 10-27-2011, 03:45 PM

World Builder

Runes

Uncle Bedlam WANTS YOU!

http://www.wowpedia.org/Uncle_Bedlam

"Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Old 10-27-2011, 03:48 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimtale View Post
I don't really know if it's feasible to have Gilneas back for Alliance. I made a thread about it once and there were way too many points disfavoring it so I'm really not sure if it can come back unless Hillsbrad ever became contested territory again.

With that in mind I think Stromgarde would make a great comeback, so long as it has its own unique architecture and flavor to it. Don't really want to recapture it and have it looking exactly like it did when it was in ruins. If it gives a nice shoutout to that feeling that WC2 gave for Alliance lovers then I think that's also a good thing. That one idea of having the Syndicate rejoin the Alliance and being spearheaded with the Gilneas Brigade also sounds pretty neat, though I think we've already got a nice collection of factions that are on the moral ambiguity spectrum. (Gilneas, Dark Irons)
Does everything have to be about the Gilneas Brigade with you?

Other Adventure of Grimtale and the Gilneas Brigade:
* "So we're fighting Deathwing and... we get help from the Gilneas Brigade on jet packs!"
* "How about the Gilneas Brigade as part of the Theramore siege?!"
* "Someone has stolen Grandfather Winter's toys for all the kids, so... the Alliance uses the Gilneas Brigade to track them down!"
* "And so the Gilneas Brigade serves as the vanguard for the Alliance on Pandaria..."
* "I have this great idea for an Argus and Titan expansion!" "Does it involve the Gilneas Brigade?" "Maybe..."
Discussing the lore is enough for him. A master of facts and reason. Words are his weapons of choice. He deftly posts snide comments with deep-biting cynicism. His ego is healthy enough that he does not need to take online tests and post the results in his signature to gain a sense of identity or self-worth. He also probably did not take this test over again until he got the results he wanted. The Guy Who Didn't Take the 'RPG Personality Test' strives for logic, truth, and sanity above all else.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:51 PM

World Builder

Runes

Hey now, they'd make sense in Pandaria.

"Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Old 10-27-2011, 03:53 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post

* "So we're fighting Deathwing and... we get help from the Gilneas Brigade on jet packs!"
* "Someone has stolen Grandfather Winter's toys for all the kids, so... the Alliance uses the Gilneas Brigade to track them down!"
* "And so the Gilneas Brigade serves as the vanguard for the Alliance on Pandaria..."
* "I have this great idea for an Argus and Titan expansion!" "Does it involve the Gilneas Brigade?" "Maybe..."

Ok, that was kinda funny. heh.

But atleast they'd make sense in Pandaria, or if they where... guarding Gilneas.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:55 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post

I don't feel I've brought it up that much... plus those ideas sound BADASS.

/signed.

Edit: Actually now that I think about it. The only area I would really like a Gilneas Brigade to reform and be involved in is anything to do with Kul Tiras and Jaina. That's about it. None of this Syndicate stuff, it sounds cool but we got Dark Irons already.

"I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft!"

Last edited by Lord Grimtale; 10-27-2011 at 04:07 PM..
Old 10-27-2011, 04:11 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Rufin#1220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
Why'd I hear "The Twilight Zone" theme music when I read this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1sf2CzEq0w

"I want you to be nice until it's time to not be nice."
Old 10-27-2011, 04:45 PM

Druid of the Talon

Quote:
Makes me want to drive through a desert.