Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-23-2005, 08:35 PM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Default New 1.9 Models

Anubisath (was in there but looks updated)

Body of C'Thun

Claw of C'Thun

C'Thun Eye Stalk

Eye of C'Thun

C'Thun Half-Body (think the eye is put on top of this)

Mouth of C'Thun

Giant Slime

Horisath

Nian

Qiraji Battleguard

Qiraji Gladiator

Qiraji Prophet

Reindeer (and there is also a mount version)

Riding Silithid (heard it is ridable only in Ahn'Qiraj.. comes in multiple colors)

Sandreaver

Sand Worm

Silithid Scarab

Silithid Tank boss (apparently when he is damaged you see his brain.. the reg. version also had other colors but not the damaged version)

Twin Emperors

Silithid Wasp boss

Steam Tonk (actually was in 1.8)

Zippelin
Old 11-23-2005, 08:38 PM

Loremaster

Wait...This C'Thun looks like a Forgotten One, considering Arthas and Anub'Arak and company killed it in Northrend....does that mean they killed an Old God???
Old 11-23-2005, 08:47 PM

Keeper of Lore

I want to know specifically if it ever says ANYWHERE that C'Thun is an Old God. Because I can tell you one thing. Arthas and Anub'Arak did not kill something that is friggin more powerful than Sargeras and the might of the entire Burning Legion combined. I say C'Thun is mearly a Forgotten One, a servent of the Old Gods.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:24 PM

Demon Hunter

So does that mean the Faceless Ones are also connected to the Old Gods?
Old 11-24-2005, 01:31 AM

Chimaera

those steam tanks and zepplins look interesting. part of a new Battleground?
Old 11-24-2005, 03:21 AM

Chimaera

Are we sure that if C'Thun is an Old God that these pictures are of him? Since in the modelviewer this thing is called Kathune. Of course that is the way you can pronounce it. But why would Blizzard write it that way inside the MPQs (Cthun would have been possible name as well for the artfiles).

And wasn't C'Thun mentioned in the questline about Brann Bronzebeard in Silithus?

Edit: Found the picture of the text about the Old God.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/28109092425.jpg&s=x10

It does seem that the Old God is indeed named C'thun. The Old God created avatars from the Silithid in its own image. They are known as the Qiraji. And then you can read that the Qiraji called their creator C'Thun (which I think refers to the Old God who created them. Who else would they refer to as their creator?).

So now we have the story about C'Thun, a creature with the name Kathune (the pronounciation of C'Thun) and a question if they are one at the same.

So is this an avatar of the Old God? or the Old God himself? There is just no way that this should be the Old God. An Old God is supposed to be way more powerful than anything else on the planet (especially since the Pantheon members have CRs that are above 69 and they apparently had difficulties with the Old Gods). It just doesn't add up if this is a real Old God.

Edit 2: should be CRs that are above 65. Khaz'Goroth has a lower CR than I remembered.

Last edited by Ablamar; 11-24-2005 at 10:16 AM..
Old 11-24-2005, 07:51 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzuki
Wait...This C'Thun looks like a Forgotten One, considering Arthas and Anub'Arak and company killed it in Northrend....does that mean they killed an Old God???
Very weird, maybe it was a spawn/avatar/*something* of the Old God there or something but the rlation is evident, Azjul Nerub is related (we don´t know how much) to the Old Gods.

The Models look amazing as always, the Twin emperors looks unfinished but very cool, the Silithid bosses and whatever also rule.

Last edited by Vicious; 11-24-2005 at 07:54 AM..
Old 11-24-2005, 09:21 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablamar
\
So is this an avatar of the Old God? or the Old God himself? There is just no way that this should be the Old God. An Old God is supposed to be way more powerful than anything else on the planet (especially since the Pantheon members have CRs that are above 69 and they apparently had difficulties with the Old Gods). It just doesn't add up if this is a real Old God.
The Challenge Meters don't prove anything at all, why the Hell is Elune on top? Why is Malorne higher then Archimonde?
Old 11-24-2005, 10:10 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900
The Challenge Meters don't prove anything at all, why the Hell is Elune on top? Why is Malorne higher then Archimonde?
How doesn't it proof anything? The Pantheon waged a war against the Old Gods and imprisoned them. And yet we, the players can face an Old God in Ahn'Qiraj and live? I would think that the Titans would at least be way stronger than us mere adventurers in World of Warcraft. Really why should we be able to face an Old God when the Titans couldn't? This doesn't add up one bit.

Archimonde higher than Malorne? Well why not. It is a matter of the Challenge Rating AND what type of abilities someone uses or if they have been weakened by something. They aren't that far a part in power. Everyone has it weakspots. Archimonde was a tactician. And he got defeated in the end because he felt invincible. But he wasn't defeated by just one person. But we play adventurers in WoW. We truly can't be so powerful that we can face an Old God and live to tell the tale. It has been said that if the Old Gods can escape their prison, nothing will be able to stop them. And because of that reason this can't be an Old God. Even the Ragnaros we faced was just a mere avatar.

But what abilities would we, mere adventurers have to defeat an Old God, someone the Titans had great difficulties with? You can have beings defeat eachother with CRs not far a part. But the difference between us and an Old God is just way too big. If this is truly the Old God, then Blizzard is going into the same direction as EQ where you could just kill every God. Something shouldn't be called an Old God when mere mortals are able to kill it with much ease. That will make even Arthas a sissy in comparison with us.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:19 AM

Loremaster

Once I heard Metzen say Arthas was going to be a raid boss, I lost all faith in the storyline continuing...............
Old 11-24-2005, 11:33 AM

Keeper of Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Very weird, maybe it was a spawn/avatar/*something* of the Old God there or something but the rlation is evident, Azjul Nerub is related (we don´t know how much) to the Old Gods.

The Models look amazing as always, the Twin emperors looks unfinished but very cool, the Silithid bosses and whatever also rule.
That's what I think.. he is like an avatar or a small manifestation of C'Thun but not C'Thun himself in all his glory.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:40 PM

Loremaster

Guys what if the Forgotten Ones are like parasites who come off of an Old God.....that would freak theh eck out of me to find out that this thing is just a tick on an Old God's body....
Old 11-24-2005, 01:30 PM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Once I heard Metzen say Arthas was going to be a raid boss, I lost all faith in the storyline continuing...............
Did he explicitly say he would be a raid boss? Sure he will be killable, but I would be very surprised if they let us kill Arthas off.

*sigh* Whither WarCraft IV?

Also, who's to say that the forgotten ones were just creations of the Old Gods- made in their image and whatnot? Who knows? Here's hoping Blizz provides a satisfying explanation for all of this.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:14 PM

Chimaera

I just reread the known issues message on the test server and this is indeed C'Thun. But it might still be an avatar (I hope). I also noticed that there is a portal of Kathune in the MPQ.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:09 AM

Druid of the Talon

Quote:
Eventually yes, but he did make it sound that it won't be for a long, long while, when players are insanely powerful. Archimonde and Kil'jaeden are powerful; but there not outside the realm of mortal armies destroying them. A 40-man raid of super high level, hero classed players might stand a chance.

EDIT: Also, I'm betting the Steam Tonk and Zepplin are toys for this year's Feast of Winter's Vale.

EDIT2: Also, I'm betting Forgotton Ones are just the physical manifestations of still imprisoned Old God's. Not the true selves.
Confusing the hell out of those on this forum."

Last edited by UndeadScottsman; 11-25-2005 at 06:24 AM..
Old 11-25-2005, 07:36 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeadScottsman
Eventually yes, but he did make it sound that it won't be for a long, long while, when players are insanely powerful. Archimonde and Kil'jaeden are powerful; but there not outside the realm of mortal armies destroying them. A 40-man raid of super high level, hero classed players might stand a chance.

EDIT: Also, I'm betting the Steam Tonk and Zepplin are toys for this year's Feast of Winter's Vale.

EDIT2: Also, I'm betting Forgotton Ones are just the physical manifestations of still imprisoned Old God's. Not the true selves.

Well if this is so, than it doesn't appear that they are THAT strong consider Arthas and the Scourge killed off one. I just think it's a little anticlimatic to have all that stuff going on in WCIII and TFT about Arthas, Ner'zhul, the Scourge, etc and all it end up bein is a stupid raid boss for phat lewt....
Old 11-25-2005, 07:47 AM

Loremaster

Guys....it does appear to be an Old God....

This is the hunter set form Ahn'qiraj, and look what one of the materials for making it is along with the quest script...

It is an Old God....
Old 11-25-2005, 09:01 AM

Mountain Giant

So, I guess that means there is one less Old God. Just great. I guess C'Thun wasn't that powerful after all.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:13 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitor
So, I guess that means there is one less Old God. Just great. I guess C'Thun wasn't that powerful after all.
Nor was the one in Northrend.....

Well who knows, in the words of one of the coolest warcraft villans.

"Doesn't anyone stay dead anymore?" - Arthas
Old 11-25-2005, 03:17 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Wait people, remember that C'thun supposedly fought with a Titan and barely managed to survive (the Titan did not).

What if our friendly neighborhood Titan did serious damage to the Old God? What if we're fighting this guy at his absolute weakest (much like Ragnaros)?

My guess is that C'thun has not recovered from his clash with the World Shapers, and has been using the Silithid and Qiraji as puppet armies to keep the world from knowing this. When we reach him, we may see that he's at 10% of his true strength. But this was all a theory, and nothing more.

The Mad Admin
Old 11-25-2005, 03:45 PM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus
Wait people, remember that C'thun supposedly fought with a Titan and barely managed to survive (the Titan did not).

What if our friendly neighborhood Titan did serious damage to the Old God? What if we're fighting this guy at his absolute weakest (much like Ragnaros)?

My guess is that C'thun has not recovered from his clash with the World Shapers, and has been using the Silithid and Qiraji as puppet armies to keep the world from knowing this. When we reach him, we may see that he's at 10% of his true strength. But this was all a theory, and nothing more.
My first reaction to that is that it is a cheap excuse, but it does make sense, so my anger will have to stay in check. Still, it's disappointing to see Blizz squander future possibilities. Then again, as Kenzuki implied, WarCraft beings have a way surviving no matter what.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus

I think your right...ohh by the way heres some links to the other armor sets..
http://www3.telus.net/public/mehwulf.../AQT_Rogue.jpg
http://www3.telus.net/public/mehwulf...QT_Warrior.jpg
http://www3.telus.net/public/mehwulf...s/AQT_Mage.jpg
http://www3.telus.net/public/mehwulf...QT_Paladin.jpg
Old 11-25-2005, 04:01 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Some Horde guy made it to the Eye of C'Thun, he critted it for 1k, it critted him for 11k.......
Old 11-25-2005, 05:45 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitor
My first reaction to that is that it is a cheap excuse, but it does make sense, so my anger will have to stay in check. Still, it's disappointing to see Blizz squander future possibilities. Then again, as Kenzuki implied, WarCraft beings have a way surviving no matter what.
Yea I hope the Old God is weaker for some reason or I just can't understand this.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:07 PM

Demon Hunter

The clash with the Titan is a reasonable theory for C'thun being weak. Then again, maybe even the NPCs have been fooled (storyline wise) into thinking this creature is C'thun in all his unholy Glory. Much like Sargeras fooled Agwynn with his Avatar, C'thun has likely tricked all of Azeroth with an avatar of his own. Just a theory of course.

Oh, and where does it state that the Scourge defeated an Old God in Northerend???