Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 09-23-2007, 05:38 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon Blood and Light

edit much later: In case you want the entirety of the story as a text-file (.wps), send me an e-mail address in a Personal Message.

Yet again, I'm just posting the Introduction now, and I'll continue with further chapters when The Rage is over.

Quote:
Prologue

Commander Eligor Dawnbringer watched the Plaguewoods in amazement. There was not a single ghoul, ghost, skeleton, abomination or gargoyle anywhere.

For the last month, the lands around the ruined city of Stratholme had been war zone, The Lich King being willing to sacrifice dozens of his minions for each inch of ground.

But the Living had prevailed. Those dozens of minions had been killed for each inch, and thousands of soldiers had died fighting, but now it seemed the Scourge had had enough. Now it seemed the dead were stepping back, willing to let these woods they had fought for so furiously slip into their opponents' hands...

But Dawnbringer was not a fool. He knew that this was not what it seemed like. Even with tens of thousands of volunteer humans, dwarves, gnomes, night elves, orcs, trolls, draenei and tauren, with a full regiment of high elven archers sent by Ranger Lord Hawkspear, with the full might of the Argent Dawn and the Brotherhood of Light, with the few magisters sent to assist by the new Sin'Dorei rulers of Silvermoon and with two small armies, one sent by the Alliance and the other by the Horde, he knew he had to be cautious. The Lich King was no fool either...

And the sudden disappearance of the Forsaken was still worrying him. There had been an estimate of ten thousand Forsaken there a week ago. Their leader, Nathanos Blightcaller, the Champion of the Dark Lady, had been among the council leading the offensive. Then they had all left without saying a word during the night.

It seemed like a trap, alright. Though he was not allowed to voice his thoughts aloud, Dawnbringer had always been on the opinion that there were plenty of betrayers along this army, the Forsaken being the largest ones... Though they might think so, he was not ignorant to their so-called plague, and he would take everyone he could to destroy the Undercity when Naxxramas was done for.

Dawnbringer was in charge of the army at the moment, but he wished he wasn't. He wished somebody else would have to decide whether to run into the woods and begin besieging Naxxramas or not. Not using this chance seemed like a big mistake, but the undead were manipulative and cruel...

The Commander shook his head, he was going in circles. He should be thinking of the solution, not the problem. The answer would come to him soon, but first he had to do something about the newbies.

Taking a deep breath, he turned to his right. "Lieutenant, I want to see the commanding officer of those new troops who joined us this morning. I find it mighty questionable they simply turned out of nowhere and are not willing to tell who sent them to assist us."

The officer saluted him and left. Dawnbringer made his decision and turned to the lieutenant on his right. "Lieutenant, tell the troops to move on my signal, we're doing this. But also tell them to move cautiously and use all possible magical means to detect enemies. One wizard or paladin per each unit.

When all of the woods are covered and confirmed to be foe-free, they're to barricade the bridge leading to the city, our enemy will very probably attack when they see us advancing, if they won't before that."

The other officer saluted him as well and left. Dawnbringer turned to see the first one returning. "Milord, the troops have vanished during the night."

"What?"

"They are nowhere to be found anymore. But there is something else, a messenger has arrived here, and says he has something of vital importance to tell you."

"Bring him forth."

A man who looked like he hadn't slept or rested for days stepped forth. He was wearing the tabard of the Argent Dawn. "Commander, I have urgent news. I come from the Bulwark in the Tirisfal Glades, where I was aiding new recruits get here. Two days ago, a giant army, under the banner of The Scourge, appeared out of nowhere, first swallowing the town of Brill entirely and then besieging and almost instantly destroying the entire Undercity."

"WHAT? That can't be true!"

"It is the truth, I swear it to you in the name of Uther! Queen Sylvanas appeared out of nowhere, leading what was left of her people away. But what's more, before the army attacked undercity, they announced that The Lich King was starting a New War. The speaker introduced himself as General Perinany..."

"Perinany? That can't be, he died years ago, killed by the Forsaken..."

"The troops had the Perinany Legion insignia in their clothing."

Then, before Dawnbringer had time to say anything, all hell broke loose. First was a giant zap, louder than life. Every metal item within fifty miles of Stratholme rang, including the weapons and armours of each and every soldier within the camp. The ringing of the items added into the already colossal amount of voice, making it simply unbearable.

Then a voice spoke... No, two voices. One was man, the other eternal, like a shade from another world. The voices came from the metal items, making them vibrate, creating a giant boom that somehow managed to piece together the words. And one of the voices Dawnbringer knew, it was Arthas Menethil, The Betrayer...

"Behold, mortals of Azeroth. I am The Lich King. I speak to you, for you have come to challenge my might, and stand before me like the insignificant insects you are. For months now, I have stood back and planned. I have prepared, and plotted. And you have now walked into my trap.

As you have slowly fought your way into the city of Stratholme, I have prepared you a slight surprise I thought you might find enjoyable. You may have destroyed Kel'Thuzad, you may have cleansed Scholomance, you may have prevented my recent attack against Kalimdor, but all you have gained will be nulled now!

I give each of you one last chance. Before the true might of the Scourge will be released, you will each have the possibility of taking your own life, sparing yourself the pain my minions would surely give you.

You have five minutes before your doom steps into these forsaken lands, consider my words..."

The message ended. Everyone grasped their weapons back from the ground, and suddenly thousands of eyes were turned at Commander Dawnbringer.

The leaders of the army gathered around him. He was in loss of words, simply swinging his sword towards the abandoned city. The entire army roared in anger, preparing for charge. The leaders around Dawnbringer shouted battle cries.

And then two hundred thousand soldiers, the pride of the living word, the proof that racial hates could be abandoned for a greater goal, charged as one.

The plaguewoods trembled, the ruins of former ziggurats seemed much less grand when suddenly there were people running past them in all directions.

They met no opposition, no enemy stood in front of them. The ones on horses stopped at the Stratholme Bridge to wait on others. Dawnbringer, one of them, felt embarrassed, what if the Lich King would just let them flood the city without acting against it?

Then his doubts were all vanished as the city wall came crashing down. On the other side stood hundreds of men and women in black robes, cultists of the Cult of the Damned. They were gathered around a giant purple ritual circle, chanting in unison.

The commander waved his sword again, signaling for the riders to continue. He knew it wasn't going to be good if the cultists finished whatever they were doing...

But then it was too late, a giant flash of light appeared in the middle of the cultists. Purple, blue and yellow filled the ruins of the city, and then were gone.

Dawnbringer sat on his horse, wordless. In front of him, just inside the ruins, had appeared a portal larger than anything he had ever seen. It was higher than the Grand Cathedral of Stormwind and wide enough for a thousand men to pass trough at once. The thing swirled with all the colours possible at once, making his eyes ache.

A small voice in the back of his head told him to charge, to destroy the thing, but he suddenly realised that this was what The Lich King had wanted. He had told them he was attacking, wanting them to charge, to come to their dooms.

And then another bright flash filled the evening, as from the portal stepped trough a thousand enemies at once. A thousand bloodthirsty undead abominations of death, a thousand creatures worse than death itself... And the air was full of gargoyles and undead dragons and ghosts.

"By the light, I've doomed us all."

And then those countless undead horrors, the 'true might of the Scourge', as The Lich King had said, came charging at them.

Commander Mograine stood on the balcony, looking down at the battle. Though he would have loved nothing more than to be there, a smile appeared on his lips, those mortals were doomed.

A necromancer walked behind him. "Commander, one hundred thousand troops have now passed. The ritual is starting to wear our men down, should we let them rest before opening it again?"

"They will close the portal when I tell them to." Mograine's voice was totally free of any emotion, this was merely business.

Mograine's smile vanished as the man continued. "There is also the question of the Scarlet Bastion. Shall it be destroyed as soon as possible?"

The death knight spat down from the balcony. "As soon as this so-called army is either dead or fleeing, send ten thousand men to flush out the crusaders."

The necromancer saluted and left, but before Mograine could refresh his smile, another pair of feet appeared in his place.

A familiar voice said: "Commander Mograine, The Ashbringer. Remember the last time we met?"

Mograine felt his muscles tightening. "General Perinany, unfortunately I do. And I can not say the surprise of your being here is a pleasant one."

Turning around, he saw the very image of vanity in front of him. General Perinany wore dark plate, like all death knights, which fit well with his jet black hair. His eyes were brown, and his skin had a pleasant tan. In his tabard was the Perinany crest, and on his face was a look that made it clear he thought himself above everyone else.

The general's laugh was annoyingly high-pitched. "Surprise? Surely you must have lost your favour with The Lich King, that he first lets me start our new war and then doesn't even tell you he sent me to discuss strategies with you. Allowing a group of mortals destroy Kel'Thuzad must have had something to do with it..."

Mograine rolled his eyes. He wished not compete for the One King's favour, but Perinany seemed to think every time he was better in something than his counterpart a cause for celebration.

A metallic voice coughed behind the general. Mograine smiled. Majordomo Calvir was a much more pleasant man than his master...

"Shall we get down to business? The mortals are not going to defeat themselves, though they have done well in weakening themselves in their infighting."

The two death knights laughed. Under the balcony, on the Stratholme Bridge, the living were retreating, running away in fear.

"Grand Crusader, the Unholy Ones have opened some sort of a portal, and their troops are flooding into the city, fighting with the Outsider forces. If the Scourge defeats their foes, we will be next in the line."

Saiden Dathoran turned around, his calm eyes watching Malor the Zealous with feigned interest. "The Bastion will stand. We have stood while Tyr's Hand and Hearthglen fell, and we will stand now."

"But lord, there may be a million, possibly more, of them out there! We can't possibly-"

"Those loyal to the Light will not fall. Only an unbeliever would doubt that..."

"But Issillien, Abbendis and Younger Mograine were among the most loyal-"

"SILENCE!"

Dathoran took three steps forward, putting his hand on Malor's throat and lifting the man off his feet. Suddenly his fingers grew longer, his skin paled, his armour warped, his beard and hair vanished, he grew longer and hooves appeared in the ends his feet.

The Grand Crusader of the Scarlet Crusade was a dreadlord.

"I have had enough of you light-worshipping hypocrites. You have served your purpose, and now your time has come to die..."

He threw the paladin into the ground like a ragdoll. "Have fun in this deathtrap of yours."

And then he vanished.

Malor the Zealous was left alone in the room, suddenly hearing thousands of rotting feet pounding the streets of Stratholme around the Bastion, ready to storm it.

"Light forgive me..."
Blood and Light will prominently feature The Scarlet Crusade, where it's name comes from. Like The Rage, it will be situated around an epic quest, which the heroes try to accomplish, while everybody keeps throwing shit at them.

Though it will very largely be a follow-up of The Rage, it stands alone and can be read without having read its sibling. I'll try to explain The Perinany Legion and exactly what has been going around in Lordaeron recently as the fic progresses. The heroes (who don't appear in this intro) will be new characters even to earlier readers, and there will be new faces among the villains as well.

I'd like to thank Timolas and Spooky for their inspirational contribution, especially Spooky's help with the name of the fic (when I woke up yesterday, I had no idea for the name).

edit: Pictures of the reappering characters.

double edit: I may give Mograine a poster, unlike other Blizzard-created characters.

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.

Last edited by Kerrah; 12-14-2008 at 06:35 AM..
Old 09-23-2007, 11:34 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

So far so good! Am honoured that you mentioned good old Hawkspear, and the Crusade's prominence is pleasing.
I thought the Balnazzar revelation was quite effective; short but well done. Poor Malor - you've made the bitterness of the Grand Crusader's betrayal evident in emotion as well.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:36 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

I have this idea in my head of using a map to show how the war fares.

You know, like my Second War maps.

Worth trying?

Old 10-27-2007, 04:41 AM

Druid of the Talon

Owh! This seem to evolve into something really big. I really thurst for the whole fic now [:
Old 10-27-2007, 04:45 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archigeras View Post
Owh! This seem to evolve into something really big. I really thurst for the whole fic now [:
Umm... Thurst?

Old 10-27-2007, 04:52 AM

Druid of the Talon

Thirst i belive you can call it too.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:06 AM

Elune

Quote:
Thirst i belive you can call it too.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Specia...h=thurst&go=Go

Old 10-27-2007, 05:46 AM

Good idea about the map as long as you only do it rarely; since otherwise it will be a bit overwhelming.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:30 AM

Elune

A message to readers:

The break I mentioned at The Rage thread is taking a bit longer than I thought it would. I've been reading a book, playing Medieval II, which my friend bought to me, and writing a bit of Harnec.

I'll have to see if I'll have to push fixing RRI a bit back.

I am also pushing the fic's premiere back (on purpose). You'll see why when I'll release Blood and Light, Prologue II (yes, there will be another prologue).

However, I've been solidifying the contents of B&L and resting the creative part of my brain, so don't think this time is "lost" to you.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:49 PM

Elune

I'm really interested in reading this, Death Knight Mograine and hopefully some more Scarlet Crusader action sounds very interesting.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:52 AM

Elune

The Scarlet Crusade has found a new candidate to replace Dathoran as their leader:

Old 12-20-2007, 11:47 AM

Druid of the Talon

meehn vafaen, unnescasery (sorry can't spell that word, my apoligises) to send that :/?
Old 12-20-2007, 11:59 AM

Elune

I am chaos incarnate. Nothing I do is done for a reason.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:11 AM

Elune

Merry Christmas from me to you! Here's your present:

Quote:
The Second Prologue

Ilsa sat in the empty house, slowly knitting a glove.

There were six children around him. Two girls and four boys, all less than ten years old. They were orphans, the parents they still had left having died in the last year.

Brandon coughed. Ilsa gave him a reassuring smile.

She truly was blessed by the Light. Though her flesh was rotting, she had the love of these children to give her unlife a meaning. She had been on the verge of ending it all before she had been offered the chance to raise the orphans.

While the war had went on around her, Ilsa had found her own sanctuary in the wooden shack, keeping company for the children and making them food from the supplies sent from the Undercity.

Ilsa was no fool, and knew that Queen Sylvanas had a plan for the children; from what she understood of the Forsaken's official policies, the mere fact that they were the offspring the Scarlet Crusade's dead members meant they deserved death.

She did not care. The Forsaken could drown themselves in a lake, as long as they kept the Scourge and the Crusade from her doorstep.

Jessica spoke in her angelic voice: "Miss Raengh, could you sing that song to us again?"

Ilsa turned her head to the red-haired little girl, smiling. "If you want me to, but I still think I don't do it much honour."

The other five children gathered around Ilsa. She put her crochet hooks and her thread away and put her hands on her lap. First coughing slightly, she begun to sing:

"On a cold dark winter night, hidden by the stormy light,
a battle rages for the right for what will become.
In the Valley of the Damned, a warrior with sword in hand,
travels fast across the land, for freedom he rides.

And the sign from the Holy Light, screams aloud and across hear the cry,
for the Kingdom of Justice and Right and the power to be alive.
Be strong ride on, carry on through the war.
Come along, carry on, living for ever more.

On the wings of death, by the hands of doom,
by the darkest light, from the darkest moon.
Crossing silent seas, over mountains high,
for we stand as one tonight.

On the White Wind forever, we ride on together,
destroying your evil with freedom, our guide.
Should the King ever call us,
and stand high before us,
our hearts filled with splendour,
our swords will shine with the Light.

In the Valley of the Damned,
days break with a golden strand.
Over pastures green it glows,
to where night returns.

In the shadows faces appear,
warriors wearing full metal gear.
All join together, one and all,
before the glorious Light.

Rise up, gather around,
come and hear what is said!
Use your senses, open your minds,
don't you ever forget!

On the wings of Life, by the hands of Hope,
by the brightest Light from the brightest sun.
Crossing silent seas, over mountains high,
to the Valley of the Damned.

On the White Wind forever, we ride on together,
destroying your evil with freedom, our guide.
Should the King ever call us,
and stand high before us,
our hearts filled with splendour,
our swords will shine with the Light."

She let the word "light" ring in her throat. The song was a hymn, sung by Knights as way back as in the Time of Strom. King Eintan I, the founder of Lordaeron, had made it the royal anthem of his newfounded nation...

Suddenly Ilsa realised she was hearing something. Far in the east, a thunder-like noise was growing. The children, having heard it as well, seemed scared. Ilsa took them closer to herself.

For ten minutes, the voice grew larger. It didn't take Ilsa long to realise it was the stomping of thousands of boots, in perfect march unity. She didn't know what this was about, the roads leading to Stratholme were father away.

Finally the marching stopped right outside the shack. Nothing happened for a minute, then heavy steps finally reached the door.

There was no knock, the door was blasted in with magic. When the dust settled, Ilsa saw the man responsible. However, what first caught her attention were the armies behind him.

There were tens of thousands of undead soliders standing all over the Tirisfalen forest surrounding the shack. The Scourge was here.

The person standing by the door stepped in. Ilsa turned her eyes to him. He was a necromancer, she realised. The man was dressed in dark robes and wore heavy gauntlets in addition to a hood and a metal mask that covered his face. From the eye holes, a steady purple light shone.

The invader spoke in a metallic, artificial voice: "What have we here? A little orphanage? Whose children are these?"

Ilsa didn't know what not answering would gain. "Dead crusaders'."

She knew a smile was spreading on the face behind the mask. "Dead crusaders'? We've got plenty of dead crusaders out there, serving their time in the army, maybe we should find these little urchins' parents'?"

The children were sobbing audibly. Ilsa gave the man a look of pure spite. "Just kill us already, if that's what you're here to do. If not, get out."

The necromancer leaned forward and said: "I think not. I do not feel like killing anyone today. You can do it for me."

Ilsa burst up, a couple of the children fell to the ground. "You must be out of your mind, mister!"

The dark-robed stranger's voice was dead serious: "I am not."

He spread his hands and a wave of darkness spread. For a second, everything was black.

Then the room turned back into its former state. Nothing seemed to have changed.

The necromancer said: "Kill them."

An otherworldly duo of voices, seemingly inside Ilsa's own head, repeated the order.

With her last vestieges of will, she shed a single tear, which had been stuck in her tear duct since her death. After that her body moved without caring of her will, turning at the children and rising a hand, the razor-sharp bone fingers readying to rend flesh.

Magistrate Henry Maleb straightened his papers and coughed. "I hereby declare the Southshore Conference to have begun. We shall begin with the calling of names, to make sure all participants are present.

Lord Bolvar Fordragon, the Highlord of Stormwind?"

The mithril-glad paladin raised his hand.

"Lady Jaina Proudmoore of Theramore?"

The sorceress raised her hand and nodded.

"High Admiral Tandred Proudmoore of Kul'Tiras?"

The thin man in expensive clothes said "here".

"High Archmage Ansirem Runeweaver of Dalaran?"

Yet another raised hand.

"King Danath Trollbane of Stromgarde?"

A loud, gruff "yes" resonated around the room.

"Archbishop Benedictus of the Church of the Holy Light?"

The bishop raised his hand.

"King Magni Bronzebeard of Ironforge?"

"Aye."

"Falstad Wildhammer of Aerie Peak?"

"Aye."

"High Tinkerer Mekkatorque of Gnomeregan?"

"Yes."

"Ranger Lord Hawkspear of the High Elves?"

"Here."

"High Priestess Tyrande Whisperwind of the Night Elves?"

"Here."

"And Velen of Exodar?"

"Here too."

"Good, all the representives of the Alliance are present. Moving on...

Warchief Thrall of Durotar?"

"Yes."

"Chieftain Vol'Jin of the Darkspear Trolls."

"Here, mon."

"Chieftain Cairne Bloodhoof of Mulgore?"

"Here as well."

"Magatha Grimtotem of the Earthen Circle?"

"Here."

"And the last of the Horde Leaders..."

Suddenly Warchief Thrall stood up. "You have already said all of the leaders of the Horde."

Maleb raised his eyebrows a bit and straightened his papers again. "I have it here that a certain Mistress Windrunner was supposed to be here..."

Thrall did not seem surprised. "The Forsaken are not a part of the Horde, and have never been. Allies, perhaps, but never members."

Maleb shook his head a bit. "Is that all, can I continue with the calling of names?"

Thrall sat down, saying nothing. The Magistrate coughed again. "Queen Sylvanas Windrunner of the Forsaken?"

Maleb was not surprised when there was no answer. He licked his lips and spoke: "Let it be put into records that Queen Windrunner did not show up."

Again, Thrall stood up. "It would also be good to put up in the records that half her people died two weeks ago, and the rest are currently settling in a new home city. Her absence is understandable by all measurements."

Maleb closed his eyes and let a curse die on his lips. "Let Warchief Thrall's suggestion be put in the books as well."

Yet again, he coughed and straighened his papers. "Ambassador Redrum, the representative of the New Council of Silvermoon?"

"Here." The slick, well-dressed, green-eyed mage smiled crookedly. Not far from him, Ranger Lord Hawkspear spat on the ground at the mention of the Sin'Dorei.

Maleb focused his eyes on the Blood Elf. "I hope the Council knows they are not giving a good expression of themselves by only sending a representative, instead of a member."

Redrum seemed offended. "But my dear Magistrate, my people are too busy bringing Quel'Thalas back to its former glory to sacrifice its leaders' time."

Maleb was hardly able to stop himself from rolling his eyes. "Fandral Staghelm of the Cenarian Circle?"

"Yes."

"Lord Maxwell Tyrosus of the Argent Dawn?"

"Here."

"Archmage Angela Dosantos of the Brotherhood of the Light?"

"Yes."

"Ratso Steamwheedle of the Steamwheedle Cartel?"

"Yes."

"King Rastakhan of Zandalar?"

Again, a silence. Maleb straighened his papers. "Let it be put into the records that King Rastakhan sent word that he would be in this conference, but has not appeared as of yet."

"Somebody called for the doctor?"

Every head in the room turned toward the door, where King Rastakhan stood. He was an incredibly old and wrickled troll, dressed in long robes. Behind him stood another troll.

Chieftain Vol'Jin stood up, saluting the old king. "Honoured one, what took you so long?"

Rastakhan smiled, revealing short tusks. "Took a little detour, though there was one person, who would be more than happy to help us, but wasn't invited.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Warlord Zul'Jin!"

The other troll behind Rastakhan stepped forward. Maleb recognised him, now that he was in the spotlight. A green scarf was wrapped around most of his upper body, Zul'Jin's trademark.

Above the sudden commotion, suddenly two noiced rose. A giant crack of Ambassador Redrum creating a ball of fire, and the ching Ranger Lord Hawkspear unseathing his sword.

Maleb raised his hand and yelled: "STOP, ALL OF YOU."

Silence slowly came upon the room. Redrum and Hawkspear still held their guard up. Maleb turned to the trolls. "I am sorry, but you can't simply bring new participants into the conference. Does he even have a nation?"

Zul'Jin stepped forward and nodded. "I returned a few years ago and been gathering Zul'Aman togetha. After I saw what the Scourge did to da humans, I knew da Amani wouldn't stand a chance without mah lead."

Yet again, a commotion rose in the room. Maleb had to create a small explosion with magic to bring order back. "We will vote. All in favour of letting Warlord Zul'Jin and the Amani People into the Southshore Conference?"

Many hands rose. Maleb counted, and then yelled out the number: "Nine votes in favour.

All against?" Less hands rose, only Hawkspear, Redrum, King Trollbane and Thane Wildhammer voted against. "Four votes against. Warlord Zul'Jin and the Amani are now a part of the Conference of Southshore."

It took some time to get order back to the room. After this was done, however, Maleb was finally able go on.

"After the calling of names, we will hear a short briefing of the events that have lead to this conference being held from Archmage Dosantos of the Brotherhood of the Light."

Dosantos stood up and bowed. "Exalted leaders, I will keep this short to save time. Fourteen days ago the great army gathered with the help of the Argent Dawn, the Brotherhood of the Light, the Alliance and the Horde was about to attack Necropolis Naxxramas, when The Lich King himself used magic to announce the army was a group of fools who had walked into a trap.

The attack was immediately begun, but unfortunately the Lich King did not bluff about his trap. An immense portal of magic opened just inside the gates of Stratholme, and trough it walked tens of thousans of Scourge troops, presumeably from Northrend. We were quickly overwhelmed, and forced to retreat.

On our way to a more easily defendable location, we also heard that two days prior to our 'D day', an immense group of undead had descended from the Greypine Mountains southwest of Lordaeron City, besieging and quickly destroying the Undercity and, as already mentioned, killing nearly half of the Forsaken.

It can also be mentined that Nathanos Blightcaller, the leader of the Forsaken forces in the Plaguelands, had withdrawn all Forsaken soldiers entirely a day prior to this attack. He never explained in any way where he was taking them. From what I understand, he met with the refugees from the Undercity, lead by the Banshee Queen herself, on his way there.

With the help of the Argent Dawn, they set up a new defense in the Bulwark, preventing the Scourge forces from escaping east from Tirisfal.

It has now been confirmed that the enemy force that destroyed the Undercity is the Perinany Legion."

There was a loud gasp in the room. However, many did not seem to understand what this was about. Cairne Bloodhoof demanded the floor and asked to be explained what the Perinany Legion was.

Magister Maleb hesitated for a second. This was going to be hard. "The Perinany Legion is a legendary military group in the history of Lordaeron. The legend has it that they turned against the orders of their king to save the newborn nation of Dalaran from certain destruction.

As a reward, the founders of the Kirin Tor gave the legion a new life. They enchanted every member so, that they would only have male children, and would forever be bound to their current General, a descendant of the Perinany Bloodline.

The newest General Perinany was swayed to the side of the Scourge during the Third War. However, the legion was badly beaten by Uther the Lightbringer before his death, and later on were left between the newborn factions of the Forsaken and Archmage Arugal.

The Forsaken told us that they had destroyed the Legion. Seems they did not." Maleb left it to that. He turned back to Archmage Dosantos. "Please continue."

Dosantos nodded, licked her lips and went on: "We have fortified the Bulwark and the bridge crossing Thondroril River. However, it is highly possible that the Scourge will go past these spots by, for example, crossing lake Lordamere or climbing into the Hinterlands."

Maleb nodded. "Is that all? Yes. Thank you for the presentation. That brings us to the next thing. Is there any nation, whose representative is present, but that is not going to participate in the common attempt to rid Lordaeron of the Scourge?"

One person stood up. Everyone turned to him.

Ambassador Redrum smiled. "I am afraid that the New Council is going to stay out of this. I was merely sent here to tell everyone that, and to find out what you plan to do."

Ranger Lord Hawkspear stood up. "Can't you Fallen Ones think of anything else than your current state! The fact that the Scourge is not attacking Quel'Thalas now doesn't mean they won't do it ever!"

Redrum summoned a fireball on his palm again. "I trust in the Council's wisdom, maybe you and your... conservative brothers, should do that too."

Maleb knew this would not end well if he let it continue. "Silence, both of you!"

The elves complied, though not happily.

Maleb wiped sweat off his forehead. "Anyone else here who wishes to say the same thing as Ambassador Redrum did?"

There was no one. Maleb sighed happily. "Very well then. The first thing to decide is the fate of the hostilities between the Horde and the Alliance. We cannot have these two factions warring each other while being allied against the Scourge."

Suddenly the door to the room burst open. A voice spoke: "If we are going on that direction, I suggest we put Highlord Fordragon on trial immidiately."

Behind the door stood Sylvanas Windrunner, her glowing red eyes full of hate.

"For sixteen days now all of Lordaeron has been in absolute chrisis, and still Fordragon has the mighty price put on the head of my champion"

The undead elf walked forward and stopped in front of the paladin. "Congratulations, you have succeeded, you son of a bitch. Nathanos Blightcaller was killed yesterday by an Alliance assassin, while helping civilians cross Lake Darrowmare to safety."

It took Maleb almost five minutes to get order back into the room. Finally everyone one seated and silent.

"I think we need to discuss this assassination thing trough before going on. While it is most despicable to assassinate the champion and general of your ally, the Forsaken employ their own assassins, who have, for example, made attempts at Ranger Lord Hawkspear's life three times. Not to mention the previous King Trollbane..."

Warchief Thrall stood up. "Galen Trollbane was not killed for official reasons. Though it was a Darkspear Troll who claimed his life, the one to hire this assassin was a private person, trying to get his hands on the Trol'kalar, to use it against Hakkar and his followers.

Those points and the fact that there was no peace between the factions at those times, means that the King's death, though unfortunate, is nowhere as aggressive an act as this newest tradegy."

Maleb sighed as Danath Trollbane stood up and begun cursing the undead, the trolls and the orcs for their evil acts.

Many hours later the first meeting of the conference was over. Many votings and discussions had passed, and the future seemed a bit brighter. Everyone seemed just as concerned with the Scourge threat, and all sides were going to do their part.

All hostilities between the Alliance and the Horde were going to be stopped, and all possible troops were going to be transported into Lordaeron. The Brotherhood of the Light and the Argent Dawn would direct these soldiers into fighting at the Bulwark and the Thondroril River bridge.

Zul'Aman and Aerie Peak were going to defend the borders of the Hinterlands, the Stormpikes and Frostwolves would protect Alterac (in case the enemy crossed the lake or tried to climb up to the mountains), Dalaran would stay ready in case the Perinany Legion would try to march trough Silverpine Forest. Kul Tiras and the Steamwheedle Cartel would employ their navies to the North Seas to prevent the Scourge Navy from attacking any of the coastal lands.

Danath Trollbane sat in a room with Tandred Proudmoore, Bolvar Fordragon, Lord Maxwell Tyrosus and Archmage Dosantos. Trollbane sighed heavily. He could not believe the Alliance was working with the Horde. So much had changed...

He needed to get his mind off this. The king turned to Highlord Fordragon, tapping his shoulder. "Bolvar, where is the king? Where is Varian?"

He knew from the look the others shared that the question had been anticipated. Fordragon took his time before speaking. "Missing, for now."

Danath sighed. He decided to leave further discussion for the future.

"Can you tell me what this Scarlet Crusade is about? I didn't want to stop the discussion to ask such a question, and understood from how you spoke of it, that it isn't a very good group of people."

This time Fordragon didn't have to think about his answer. "They were originally a group of Lordaeronian paladins and soldiers who fought against the Scourge. However, they became corrupt and ultimately turned against everyone not wearing their colours. During the last three years, they have been destroyed. From what I understand, they are no more."

Archmage Dosantos nodded. "The ones who had any sense left in them escaped Dathoran's bastion and joined the Brotherhood. The rest most likely died two weeks ago."

The room was silent for some time. After gathering his strength, Danath finally asked his third question.

"Can we trust the Horde?"

For a second nobody seemed intend on answering. Then Tyrosus sighed. "We can trust that they will do their best against the Scourge. They have already proved their worth against the Legion."

Everyone agreed. Tyrosus stood up and went on: "However, the Forsaken are not such a clear case. I am sure most of the individual soldiers have Azeroth's survival in their minds, but Sylvanas is an ambitious person. She will not doubt for a second to stab our backs if it helps her gain what she wants.

Though she does her best to avoid bringing it to light, the reason the Perinany Legion survived was Varimathras. The demon allied with the Lich king, and has now disappeared.

How many more agents of the Scourge are there in the Forsaken? No one knows. I, for one, believe we should be wary of them, even more than before, if possible."

Nobody had any complaints. Tyrosus turned around to Dosantos and asked: "Where is Father Montoy? I thought he was the one who would represent the Brotherhood here?"

Dosantos robbed her forehead and proclaimed: "He is dead."

Tyrosus' brow rose. "But he never even went to the front, was he assassinated?"

Dosantos shook her head. "He... Went insane. One day he just walked into the front, passed trough our fortifications, and yelled that 'the heavenly father' would protect him.

The undead surrounded him, and that was the last we saw of him."

Tyrosus walked to Dosantos and patted her shoulder. "I am sure he is in a better place now."

Father Montoy screamed in pain as the skeletal torturer poked a red-hot iron into his flesh. Commander Mograine stood still and watched, disgust in his eyes.

The bishop gave yet another cry of pain and shouted: "I have told you all! I promise! Let me be!"

Mograine raised his hand. The skeleton stopped. "I know you have told me all, I have the One King's assurance that you would not lie to me, Montoy. But unfortunately I also have His personal orders to torture you to death.

I do not claim to know what your sin is, so living will have to do."

He lowered his hand. The torture continued.

A necromancer stepped behind the Highlord and coughed slightly to gain his attention. Mograine turned around and nodded to tell the messenger to tell what he was to say.

"Commander, our armies have caught the living. They have, as you assumed, fortified the Thondroril River bridge. Our armies have begun attack, but the enemy has fresh troops and seems to operate as an united force."

Mograine lowered his head, thinking.

"Have the scouts completed their given task?"

"Yes. The mountains seem unprotected as of yet."

"And the Elves?"

"They are staying in their homeland."

"Perfect... We'll get them when we're done with our more active enemies. What about the navy?"

"They are sailing south from Northrend, but Admiral Wintermaul has sent word that they lost a dozen ships in a storm, and half the forests of Northrend are already chopped down."

Mograine nodded. "It is a fortune then that The One King has assigned me to use all the lumber of the land we have at our use now and build a second navy.

What about The Package?"

"It is advancing as was foreseen."

"Good. Is that all?"

"Yes, Commander." The necromancer saluted him.

Mograine paid no attention to the man, but started walking. He entered an opening, behind which were the stairs to the deepest dungeons under Naxxramas.

After descending the stairs he was met by two crypt fiends, who let him pass trough the room, which contained hundreds of spider-eggs, into another set of stairs.

Under those stairs was a seeming dead end. When Mograine walked toward the wall, however, the very stones it was made of moved out of the way.

Finally the Highlord arrived to his destination.

It was a seemingly simple room. Besides a giant pool of dank water, a desk and a woman sitting on a chair behind it, there was nothing in it.

The woman was the necromancer in charge of the monsters that were raised within the necropolis. None but she and Her King knew the name she had been given upon her birth, as she had sacrificed all her family, friends and her husband to Ner'Zhul after joining the Cult of the Damned. That day she had been given a new name: Grand Widow Faerlina.

Mograine walked to the necromancer, who did not raise her eyes from the reports in front of her. It was her duty to study the effect the Plague had on different animals. Her speciality were spiders.

"Faerlina. Is your little pet ready?"

The necromancer's eyes came up immediately. "Do you have a task for him?"

Mograine smiled. "The One King wants an item, and He has no minion more capable of capturing it.

Well?"

The Grand Widow rose up and bowed before the Highlord. "The thing is ready and obedient. I have made it understand that the only way to enjoy its new life is to obey Its New King."

"Very well. If you would please excuse me, the One King's orders are not for your ears."

Faerlina did not argue, she knew her place.

After she had left and the doorway closed behind her, Mograine walked to the edge of the pool. He stretched his hand, beckoning into the water.

Without any delay, something giant splashed out of the water.

After the echoes of the splashing water died out, a ghostly voice spoke: "What are My King's orders?"
The fic is begun!

Last edited by Kerrah; 02-29-2008 at 05:20 AM..
Old 12-24-2007, 07:04 AM

I loved the meeting. Something to that effect should have been ingame. Still I thought there were a little bit too many participants; such as the Zandalar king. Nice touch with Zul'jin and Hawkspear.
A shame about the Crusade as you can imagine. Nonetheless the show must go on!
Old 12-24-2007, 07:26 AM

Elune

I'm liking the story so far, adding Zul'jin and others was nice, especially the king of the trolls (forgot his name heh ).

But imo it was a shame Nathanos died, but yeah there is a quest for Alliance to kill him after all, oh well.

Looking good tho! =D
Old 12-24-2007, 11:17 AM

Elune

The reason why this was "prologue 2" and not "chapter 1" is that the main heroes still do not appear.

I'll try to get C1 ready before 2008.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:18 PM

Druid of the Talon

Orb of Fire

I really LOVED this Chapter AKA Prolouge, (sorry i know i miss spelled it) i mean, i really loved it. I am a fan of Zul'Jin and i know you are too kerrah, so a nice move to bring him up [: I liked the ice cold act of The nercomancer against the children. I loved the meeting too very appriciated this fic seems to becoming very insanly good [:
Old 12-26-2007, 06:40 AM

Ah but that was no mere necromancer; that was Majordomo Calvir!
Old 12-26-2007, 09:20 AM

Elune

Our own little Darth Vader!

edit: Oh, and in case anyone's interested, the song in the second prologue is (a little changed version of) Dragonforce's Valley of the Damned.

It's an awesome song.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:29 AM

Druid of the Talon

Orb of Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
Ah but that was no mere necromancer; that was Majordomo Calvir!
I knew that but i didnt remember his name 'Calvir' so i didnt say it :p but i wanted to do it first D'x..
Old 01-03-2008, 05:00 AM

Druid of the Talon

Orb of Fire

I Suppose You've Lost Your Inspiration or?

Just wondering Kerrah ^^
Old 01-03-2008, 05:22 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:

Just wondering Kerrah ^^
Writer's block and writer's laziness are very common things.

I'm in the middle of both myself.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:20 AM

Elune

Quote:

Just wondering Kerrah ^^
Well, chapter one is a bitch. I'm still undecided about the Five Tenets of the Scarlet Crusade.

I've made progress, however.

The main scapegoat for my slow work can be found... here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900 View Post
Writer's block and writer's laziness are very common things.

I'm in the middle of both myself.
I feel for you.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:23 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellah View Post
I knew it.