Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 07-20-2013, 12:53 PM

Arch-Druid

Very welcome, Gortrash and guys. Thanks for having me, and your support in past and future interviews.

Now that David solved the .MOV file corruption (technical issue), look forward for him to upload the MP4 files containing the Blizzard Licensing Panel (which is kinda 2 days late -- err)
Old 07-20-2013, 02:31 PM

Eternal

Hah! I thought you'd rewrite some (read "all") of my questions to something a bit more interview friendly! Surprised how much I noticed Micky's accent. Didn't expect one from twitter!

(Also, WoW. Man I hate it when people say "wow". Stop askings questions using it as an acronym guys )

"My weakness. Small knives. Anything but knives!"

Last edited by Torch; 07-20-2013 at 02:37 PM..
Old 07-20-2013, 02:40 PM

Trade Baroness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medievaldragon View Post
The Micky Neilson interview is now available.
Awesome. Thanks for all the work you do to provide us with information.

Micky Neilson looks sad.

"Goose-stepping morons like yourself should try *reading* books instead of *burning* them!"
Old 07-20-2013, 02:44 PM

Arch-Druid

I'd be sad too if I was waiting like eight years for my awesome novella to be published.

Last edited by Zaelsino; 07-20-2013 at 02:48 PM..
Old 07-20-2013, 03:23 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
The Micky Neilson interview is now available:

Note: Please, don't make fun of David's stutter or mispronounced names. He is not a Blizzard fan. I hired him to take video of the Blizzard Panel, and to forward your questions during the interview.

Thanks SOL admins/moderators and SOL members.
Cool! Sad they didn't show other new books at SDCC but oh well.

Curious about this new evolution of centaur and who they work for
Old 07-20-2013, 03:46 PM

Elune

I'm interested about the Centaur and their ''mysterious'' leader. And I would love more books focused on female characters. Especially Shandris.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:08 PM

Arch-Druid

I kinda understand they didn't announce the novels at SDCC. Too many new products this year would have taken the spotlight off the novels.

Micky did mention there are plans to make important announcements about upcoming novels/digital stories -- but he wasn't able to reveal when and where.

One of the questions mentioned New York Comic Con -- I took video of last year's Blizzard Publishing Panel, and let me tell you -- the room was packed. The line was long. Omacron was there with Micky, Dave Kosak and Michael Stackpole.

I'd love for them to repeat the experience at NYCC, but I have a feeling the novel announcements will take place somewhere else before October.

I think I posted news recently Micky will be at an event in California. I'll have to look it up (can't remember where it is). Maybe that's where the novels might be announced.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:23 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

I have a feeling the reason they never showed us any Novel's nor Comics because they tie into a future expansion and hoped people would almost ignore that with them showing a teaser of the Warcraft movie (which will get a lot of people talking).

I am hoping that they have not stopped doing Comics all together with how they have struggled with getting them out...
Old 07-20-2013, 05:09 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Falarson#1968

He answered my question in the Standard Blizzard format. How wonderful!

I don't get the point of the Q&A when they never give concrete answers

Still, many thanks, Med!

RIP Ronnie James Dio (1942 - 2010)

Long live Rock n' Roll!
Old 07-20-2013, 06:01 PM

Arch-Druid

Welcome. Thanks to you for submitting questions. Not all questions were asked. Following pre-interview guidelines. For example, I made a few questions about the POP Vinyl, NECA and Sideshow and I agree -- Micky is more Publishing Lead than collectible merchandise.

Maybe Nick Carpenter fit better for those type of questions.

I wish there were more questions though. After removing some of the questions there was only 8 minutes worth of interview -- where we were assigned 20 minutes. I'm still hitting my forehead on the wall for missing 12 minutes. argh
Old 07-20-2013, 11:07 PM

Hippogryph Rider

Quote:
Welcome. Thanks to you for submitting questions. Not all questions were asked. Following pre-interview guidelines. For example, I made a few questions about the POP Vinyl, NECA and Sideshow and I agree -- Micky is more Publishing Lead than collectible merchandise.

Maybe Nick Carpenter fit better for those type of questions.

I wish there were more questions though. After removing some of the questions there was only 8 minutes worth of interview -- where we were assigned 20 minutes. I'm still hitting my forehead on the wall for missing 12 minutes. argh
Thanks for the interview! Really excited to get the children's book, should be neat.

Also thank David, he did a good job.

Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!
Old 07-20-2013, 11:11 PM

Eternal

I'm glad he didn't mention the Jaina book when asked about getting away from Thrall and Varian. Means MAYBE he knows that by "Varian and Thrall" we mean "humans and orcs in general".
Old 07-21-2013, 07:59 AM

Critter

Hello

Would you mind someone make a short summary of the interview with the most important?

thanks
Old 07-21-2013, 09:13 AM

Ranger
Send a message via ICQ to Mordecay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejrek View Post
Hello

Would you mind someone make a short summary of the interview with the most important?

thanks
Wanted to ask the same

So is there something important? Ta.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:19 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejrek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecay View Post
Wanted to ask the same. So is there something important? Ta.
1. Last year there was a survey asking the community if they were interested in Warcraft-themed children's books. Micky and Metzen have kids, and this was something they wanted to do.

2. They have been balancing the novels and comics so that it is not all about Thrall and Varian. We have a novel about Vol'jin, and Jaina, a graphic novel about Chen & Li Li, etc.

3. Pearl of Pandaria hit # 3 in the New York Times Bestselling list and if the response for SNOW FIGHT is good, then there might be more children's books in the future.

4. There will be new formats in the near future. As for ongoing comic series, that remains to be seen.

5. Blood of the Highborne likely coming in digital form. It's something they are investigating.

6. Really good experience with Michael Stackpole, how comfortable he was jumping into Vol'jin, it felt like he had written many Warcraft novels already, and they felt great working with him. They have to line up some projects and schedules and are not surprised they might work with him again in the future.

7. Many fans expected to hear about the Gallery Books 2013-2014 line-up yesterday. Any plans for making new novel announcements at New York Comic Con's Blizzard Publishing Panel? He responded there are more announcements upcoming but he can't specify at this point where those announcements will happen at. Note he didn't deny there would or not be a NYCC Blizzard Publishing Panel like last year, just that he can't specify where these will be announced. Time will tell.

8. Book of Tyrael is the follow up to Book of Cain, some double-page spread art, lot of info from Tyrael and Leah. It will answer many questions people have after they played Diablo III.

9. StarCraft OGN graphic novel (Kerrigan vs Nova) -- that's something they might revisit in a future, he doesn't want to say it is completely death. He thinks its a great idea and would love to see Kerrigan vs Nova in a graphic novel together. They have a basis for a very cool story and they will see what happens.

10. Bloodsworn is a primary conflict with the centaur but there is a new spin on the centaur. There is like this next evolutionary level of the centaur, this perfect centaur and they are working for a major boss he can't reveal now. This small band of Horde characters come together to fight this threat.

11. Nothing specific about upcoming female-centered novels (like Jaina) such as Tyrande, Sylvanas, Moira -- or other projects but it is certainly possible.

Last edited by Medievaldragon; 07-21-2013 at 11:31 AM..
Old 07-21-2013, 11:54 AM

Ranger
Send a message via ICQ to Mordecay

My laziness thanks you.

5. Blood of the Highborne likely coming in digital form. It's something they are investigating.

Like DotA and short stories, right?
Old 07-21-2013, 11:59 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecay View Post
My laziness thanks you.

Like DotA and short stories, right?
Not set in stone. Digital form could mean:
  • eBook (like WoW: Dawn of the Aspects)
  • Short Stories (on the official WoW website)
  • eComic (like Kerrigan: Hope and Vengeance # 0) very unlikely
Old 07-21-2013, 01:33 PM

Faerie Dragon

I'm interested to see what direction they go with this new "perfect centaur". It would be nice to see them portrayed as an actual threat like they were alleged to be in WCIII instead of just the quest fodder that we got.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:20 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorsaurus_Rex View Post
I'm interested to see what direction they go with this new "perfect centaur". It would be nice to see them portrayed as an actual threat like they were alleged to be in WCIII instead of just the quest fodder that we got.
Not just the direction of the "perfect centaur" -- when all the centaur questlines pre-Cata and post-Cata came up, we knew for a fact Cenarius was dead. In the lvl 85 Mount Hyjal quests, Cenarius is back to life.

Shouldn't the ancestor of the Centaur race wish to have a parental talk with this "perfect centaur"? [Wink-wink, notch-notch]
Old 07-21-2013, 05:41 PM

Faerie Dragon

Quote:
Not just the direction of the "perfect centaur" -- when all the centaur questlines pre-Cata and post-Cata came up, we knew for a fact Cenarius was dead. In the lvl 85 Mount Hyjal quests, Cenarius is back to life.

Shouldn't the ancestor of the Centaur race wish to have a parental talk with this "perfect centaur"? [Wink-wink, notch-notch]
Oh man. Now I'm excited. What if this "perfect centaur" is just a Keeper of the Grove out for revenge against the Horde for killing Cenarius? Bloodsworn looks like it's going to be pretty epic!
Old 07-21-2013, 06:45 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorsaurus_Rex View Post
Oh man. Now I'm excited. What if this "perfect centaur" is just a Keeper of the Grove out for revenge against the Horde for killing Cenarius? Bloodsworn looks like it's going to be pretty epic!
If Blizzard had gone that route, man -- that would rock. Whispers: Guess who is the son of the modatrucker who killed Cenarius? Yea, that's right GARROSH ;p

Oh wait, now that I remember -- in WoW: The Shattering the Alliance thought Garrosh was behind the deaths of the Cenarion Circle members -- that time Hammul was the only survivor. Hmm. Another reason for a Keeper of the Grove to hate Garrosh.

Last edited by Medievaldragon; 07-21-2013 at 06:47 PM..

Tags
blizzard, no kael'thas novella, tan metzen