Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > Diablo Discussion

Old 03-09-2012, 09:27 PM

Elune

Default Diablo 3 PvP cut

So, apparently the PvP is going to be temporarily cut from Diablo 3 to make release faster.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:53 PM

Arch-Druid

I read this earlier and thought... wasn't PVP in D3 going be just for fun and they were not worried about balance?
Old 03-10-2012, 12:51 AM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Not like I really care, but too bad for those who do. At least Blizzard doesn't make you pay for patches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 03-10-2012, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorns View Post
I read this earlier and thought... wasn't PVP in D3 going be just for fun and they were not worried about balance?
That may be, but I guess they still weren't happy with its implentation and so try to make it still the best possible experience, which to me sounds just like good ol' Blizzard.

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:43 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

"I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."
Old 03-10-2012, 02:45 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Shit, this is terrible.

FUCKING terrible.

People played a shitload of PvP on D2. Heck, the game is built around getting the best gear, and how are you gonna display it? competing to see who kills monsters faster? what the fuck?

I can't believe it.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 03-10-2012, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Besides by Lon-ami...

And Lon... They will add it in a PATCH afterwards, geez.

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:56 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post
Besides by Lon-ami...

And Lon... They will add it in a PATCH afterwards, geez.
Like SC2 chat channels? those took 7 fucking months after release.

Like SC2 clans and shared replays? it's been more than 2 years and they're still not here.

I want to play PvP when I want for fun, and I'm not going to be able to do so the first week with my low level characters.

So yeah, I'm pretty angry, and 80% of the people I've seen in threads about this is, too.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 03-10-2012, 08:04 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Lame. Blizzard is just taking one step back after another. What a shit company. Why do people still support them? Why do I get the feeling that Blizzard won't be able to "perfect" D3?
Old 03-10-2012, 11:38 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorhoofMayo View Post
Lame. Blizzard is just taking one step back after another. What a shit company. Why do people still support them? Why do I get the feeling that Blizzard won't be able to "perfect" D3?
No matter how many times you have game setbacks you cannot call a company that has made extremely good games each time a shit company....

I do find it funny though how almost everyone doesn't give a shit at all which you can see in huge polls and on the forums.

If people even try to make this a big thing yet do not care about the entire Mass Effect first day DLC then i will have to slap them in the face myself.

Last edited by Ku'ja; 03-10-2012 at 11:41 AM..
Old 03-10-2012, 12:15 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

They're being ideologically inconsistent. Breaks the second rule of their 'Core Values':

Quote:
“Blizzard polish” doesn’t just refer to our gameplay experiences, but to every aspect of our jobs. We approach each task carefully and seriously. We seek honest feedback and use it to improve the quality of our work. At the end of the day, most players won’t remember whether the game was late -- only whether it was great.

So much for when its done.
The Shaman walks up to a hamburger cart and tells The Vendor Make me one with everything. The Shaman gets their meal, chews it down and hands the cook a few gold and then waits for their money back. Several minutes pass with nothing happening and the Shaman asks where was their change? The Vendor replies Change only comes from within.

Last edited by Shaman; 03-10-2012 at 12:18 PM..
Old 03-10-2012, 12:25 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
They're being ideologically inconsistent. Breaks the second rule of their 'Core Values':

I could only see myself getting angry if it takes a large amount of time after its release for them to actually give us Diablo 3's PvP. I surely hope this is not the case though.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:25 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
*Claps*

Sums up my feelings.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Heck, the game is built around getting the best gear, and how are you gonna display it? competing to see who kills monsters faster? what the fuck?
Did people really just play Diablo to compare their gear to each other?

I can see a ton of valid ways to complain about this, and this isn't one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post

Well, you could say that it is adhering to that, from a certain point of view.

Quote:
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 03-10-2012, 12:28 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

At this point they really just need to get this out the god damned door. Pvp will fall just as Guilds and Guild Halls did in Diablo 2. At the end of the day I just want to play the fucking game.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:33 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
No matter how many times you have game setbacks you cannot call a company that has made extremely good games each time a shit company....
I am gonna call it whatever I want. Shit company.
Quote:
I do find it funny though how almost everyone doesn't give a shit at all which you can see in huge polls and on the forums.
You think my issue is with PvP?
Quote:
If people even try to make this a big thing yet do not care about the entire Mass Effect first day DLC then i will have to slap them in the face myself.
I don't give a fuck about the Mass Effect DLC because I don't give a fuck about that game. Go ahead, slap me.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:37 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorhoofMayo View Post
I don't give a fuck about the Mass Effect DLC because I don't give a fuck about that game. Go ahead, slap me.
It doesn't matter if you do not give a shit about that game... If they get away with it (which they did) then time will only tell till they do it with a game you enjoy.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:28 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post

Their last good game was WoW:TBC.

WoW:WotLK: missing a lot of stuff, like Azjol-Nerub, Dance Studio... a good game, but showing the first signs of what was to come.

SC2:WoL: No LAN, Bnet 2.0 complete bullshit, no clans, no chat channels on release, no shared replays, cliche full campaign, ATI cards getting burned (not fixed yet, after 2 years), crappy custom map system that ruined the great potential of the W3 community being revitalized (now it's dead)...

WoW:Cataclysm: Needless to explain, just look at Blizzard's retrospectives on the official site. Add Paths of the Titans, Uldum storyjoke, Al'Akir marginalization and worgen being ignored to them.

D3: No LAN, no offline playing, PvP removed, real money affecting gameplay, mystic removed, runestone system removed, talisman removed, fatalities removed, no map editor, retarded chat channels that aren't worth a crap and can't be used for trade, attributes changed back to closed environment (melee wizard and dh not viable anymore), white items unable to be recycled, Cauldron of Jordan removed, Nephalem Cube removed, gem types reduced to 4, training pages restricted to levels above normal, no clans...

And we don't know enough about MoP yet, but I'm sure it will have some flaw, no matter it's looking fantastic so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Did people really just play Diablo to compare their gear to each other?

I can see a ton of valid ways to complain about this, and this isn't one of them.

Well, you could say that it is adhering to that, from a certain point of view.
Did you play that game online? people competed to have the best gear and to kick more ass than anyone else.

Old 03-10-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Their last good game was WoW:TBC.

WoW:WotLK: missing a lot of stuff, like Azjol-Nerub, Dance Studio... a good game, but showing the first signs of what was to come.

SC2:WoL: No LAN, Bnet 2.0 complete bullshit, no clans, no chat channels on release, no shared replays, cliche full campaign, crappy custom map system that ruined the great potential of the W3 community being revitalized (now it's dead)...
SC2 was and is a great game, even if some of the auxiliary features are lacking the gameplay itself is great.

Quote:
Did you play that game online? people competed to have the best gear and to kick more ass than anyone else.
Why not just play the game to have fun?

Quote:
Old 03-10-2012, 02:09 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Kicking ass more than other people is fun.

Also Blizzard took a step back when they decided to go with the D2 camera view instead of a full 3D environment. That makes the game worse.

Also Protoss got shit for HotS, that makes the game worse too.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:00 PM

Elune

D3's current camera vision is fine for me. Let's you make better art. Limits are sometimes good.

Quote:
SC2 was and is a great game, even if some of the auxiliary features are lacking the gameplay itself is great.
But the platform, Battle.net 2.0, sucks, which makes the game suck. And I don't like it, but it's a fact. It's antisocial.

You have a small summary here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=308482 (most of it works for D3, too).

Quote:
Why not just play the game to have fun?
You don't make 200 Baal runs for fun. Farming is not fun.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:10 PM

Elune

Quote:
D3's current camera vision is fine for me. Let's you make better art. Limits are sometimes good.

But the platform, Battle.net 2.0, sucks, which makes the game suck. And I don't like it, but it's a fact. It's antisocial.

You have a small summary here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=308482 (most of it works for D3, too).

There is fuck all wrong with Battle.net 2.0... And its not a fact as its widely loved by most.. The only thing that Sc2 has not yet delivered on is custom games.

PvP is not cut its simply going to be patched in later.

WoTLK did not fail at all even if the subs halted for WoW and initially Cataclysm struggled due to its difficult heroics early on.

You should really just stop playing Blizzard games if you rage this hard because we all know you are always looking for something to moan about when it comes from WoW Patches.

Last edited by Ku'ja; 03-10-2012 at 07:13 PM..
Old 03-12-2012, 06:35 PM

Arch-Druid

Battlenet 2.0 was never good.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
It does not make the game suck, it just makes itself suck. I'll be the first to say that the custom map uploading system is absolutely terrible, but I won't say a game sucks if it has great gameplay, and SC2 has amazing gameplay.

And since when has 'antisocial' been something we care about?

Quote:
Then don't make 200 Baal runs

Quote: