Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 04-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Odok Odok is offline

Arch-Druid
Odok's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,492
BattleTag: Odok#1101

Default

Interesting.

Although the writing seemed a little... odd.
__________________


"Winter Wolves" has earned the achievement [Classy Worgen]!
[Guild] [Odok]: wtf we're horde
[Guild] <GM>: doesn't matter. All worgen are classy.



Head Canon: The Deathwing Gambit
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Mshadowz Mshadowz is offline

Eternal
Mshadowz's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North of the border
Posts: 3,603

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odok View Post
Interesting.

Although the writing seemed a little... odd.
That is what I thought too, but sure enough, I checked and there are two copies (of the same book, part 1, that I could find) in the SW lock trainer area. Second one is down the stairs a bit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Mshadowz wins the scroll of lore, forever ever.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Foppish Foppish is offline

Ranger
Foppish's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 303

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Intriguing.

Maybe a way to setup Illidan's return?
I figure Blizzard is just seeding/setting up stuff for next expansion or an expansion down the road. Perhaps these guys could be also be Blizzard trying to provide Warlocks with some current "heroes" or Major NPCs in lore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
I'm in the process of doing that myself. First I checked through the crypts beneath the Stormwind trainers, nothing new there. Well, there are two more copies of volume 1 down at the bottom, but nothign else.
Don't forget to check the building by/in Ratchet with all of the Lock trainers (is that even still there?)

Last edited by Foppish; 04-25-2012 at 06:39 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Lord Grimtale Lord Grimtale is offline

Elune
Lord Grimtale's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb
Posts: 12,430

Default

Very awesome stuff, though kinda odd that Kanrethad is described as a Human when right now his model is an Orc at the moment. I guess they'll be changing it in the future though if the Council of Six Daggers ever makes prominence.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=29/kanrethad#.

But yeah this group sounds neat. Hope they're not just another generic, power hungry villain group.
__________________

"I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft!"
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Volkrin Volkrin is offline

The Digger
Volkrin's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 8,784

Default

It's kind of interesting to see them justifying class changes in the lore. I wonder if they'll be doing it with anything else.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Mshadowz Mshadowz is offline

Eternal
Mshadowz's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North of the border
Posts: 3,603

Default

Since it says they were to meet a year after that book, which means Deathwing must have died right before that meeting, part 2 may be lurking around here somewhere.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Mshadowz wins the scroll of lore, forever ever.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Odok Odok is offline

Arch-Druid
Odok's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,492
BattleTag: Odok#1101

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
It's kind of interesting to see them justifying class changes in the lore. I wonder if they'll be doing it with anything else.
Warriors don't need explanations. Every new advancement in Warrior history has been taking regular things and making them angrier. Because RAGE.

War Banner? It's just a regular banner, only ANGRIER.

Heroic Leap? ANGRY JUMPING.

Enraged Regeneration? You get so entirely pissed off that mortal wounds heal themselves rather than get in your way.

I could start vomiting battleaxes like the Lurker Below and everyone would just guffaw and say "well yeah, do you not see how PISSED that guy is?" Magic has nothing against the sheer power of angry people in flaming, spiky armor.
__________________


"Winter Wolves" has earned the achievement [Classy Worgen]!
[Guild] [Odok]: wtf we're horde
[Guild] <GM>: doesn't matter. All worgen are classy.



Head Canon: The Deathwing Gambit
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-25-2012, 07:22 PM
AndyJP AndyJP is offline

Eternal
AndyJP's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,943
BattleTag: AndyJP#1205
Send a message via AIM to AndyJP

Default

New in-game books? Yes! Yes! Yes!
__________________
I'm not working on this stuff anymore, sorry:
Betrayal | Illidan & Gul'dan | Kael'thas Sunstrider: Eclipse | Money Can't Buy Me Love?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Mshadowz Mshadowz is offline

Eternal
Mshadowz's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North of the border
Posts: 3,603

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odok View Post
Warriors don't need explanations. Every new advancement in Warrior history has been taking regular things and making them angrier. Because RAGE.

War Banner? It's just a regular banner, only ANGRIER.

Heroic Leap? ANGRY JUMPING.

Enraged Regeneration? You get so entirely pissed off that mortal wounds heal themselves rather than get in your way.

I could start vomiting battleaxes like the Lurker Below and everyone would just guffaw and say "well yeah, do you not see how PISSED that guy is?" Magic has nothing against the sheer power of angry people in flaming, spiky armor.
Warriors are a mix of ballet masters, weapon masters and the hulk. End of story.

I WOULD look for the next set of books, but the game crashes every two minutes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Mshadowz wins the scroll of lore, forever ever.

Last edited by Mshadowz; 04-25-2012 at 07:37 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Fojar Fojar is offline
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 14,262

Default

Looks like BoT and Firelands were Horde canon and the Hour of Twilight heroics/Dragon Soul were Alliance canon as well.
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies… strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night… live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-25-2012, 07:59 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Elune
GenyaArikado's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 9,235

Default

Werent all those like everyone canon? I mean like yeah, it could be like that but I doubt that either the druids or the dragons would get too picky in either circunstances
__________________
Wrong and Exquisite
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Mshadowz Mshadowz is offline

Eternal
Mshadowz's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North of the border
Posts: 3,603

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
Werent all those like everyone canon? I mean like yeah, it could be like that but I doubt that either the druids or the dragons would get too picky in either circunstances
They don't specify if the orc is on the horde or the human is on the alliance either. I assumed both factions pretty much did their part.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Mshadowz wins the scroll of lore, forever ever.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Fojar Fojar is offline
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 14,262

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshadowz View Post
They don't specify if the orc is on the horde or the human is on the alliance either. I assumed both factions pretty much did their part.
I don't really buy the whole "everyone does everything" argument. It feels like a way to weasel out of giving a definitive answer.
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies… strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night… live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,600
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

It's Blizzard's MO, though.

The Ragnaros kill is an Avenge of Hyjals (and mercenaries) kill.

BoT is the most likely one to be faction specific simply because there is no neutral faction there, and the Horde and the Alliance only happen to focus on third parties from different sides of the battlefield, rather than together.

Hour of Twilight heroics is likely be one faction, I guess.

Dragon Soul is a Wyrmrest Accord (and mercenaries) victory.
__________________
"All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in."


The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-25-2012, 08:09 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Elune
GenyaArikado's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 9,235

Default

Well Fojar, your opinion is apreciated, but I think most people would disagree. But if thats your opinion thats ok


Anyway, I wanna see the Forsaken warlock. Well, all of them but you know what i mean
__________________
Wrong and Exquisite
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Kellick Kellick is online now

Elune
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,832
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Default

I say we drop the topic or move it to an appropriate thread.

Anyhow, that emphasis on revisiting Outland is interesting to me. They seem to be revisiting the demon magic behind Illidan's transformation in order to do... something.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-25-2012, 08:13 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Elune
GenyaArikado's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 9,235

Default

Im more interested of where is going the gnome and the Forsaken...
__________________
Wrong and Exquisite
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Mshadowz Mshadowz is offline

Eternal
Mshadowz's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North of the border
Posts: 3,603

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
I don't really buy the whole "everyone does everything" argument. It feels like a way to weasel out of giving a definitive answer.
As much as I love clarification, having it be "You guys killed the boss lorewise, but you guys? Naw, your hard work didn't actually happen."
The whining that would take place if an Alliance players favorite boss is killed by the Horde..... err and the Horde may complain if the Alliance gets a boss they like too of course.... heh...

And on topic, what is the secret behidn Illidan's transformations I wonder? Skull of Gul'dan, as it was a drop?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Mshadowz wins the scroll of lore, forever ever.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,600
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
I say we drop the topic or move it to an appropriate thread.

Anyhow, that emphasis on revisiting Outland is interesting to me. They seem to be revisiting the demon magic behind Illidan's transformation in order to do... something.
I'm sure they'll end up reviving Illidan, as the Waters of Youth are the perfect plot device to do so.

The only issue is whom they'll sacrifice to revive him. Remember that important characters require big sacrifices (Sunwell for Kel'thuzad, primarily), so... hm...

I vote for Malfurion!
__________________
"All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in."


The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-25-2012, 08:20 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Elune
GenyaArikado's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 9,235

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshadowz View Post
As much as I love clarification, having it be "You guys killed the boss lorewise, but you guys? Naw, your hard work didn't actually happen."
The whining that would take place if an Alliance players favorite boss is killed by the Horde..... err and the Horde may complain if the Alliance gets a boss they like too of course.... heh...

And on topic, what is the secret behidn Illidan's transformations I wonder? Skull of Gul'dan, as it was a drop?
I tought it was Sargeras Gift. Or you mean the permanent one?
__________________
Wrong and Exquisite
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Shadowsong Shadowsong is offline

Arch-Druid
Shadowsong's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,926

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbmitch View Post
Flames of A'lar: "The flames can be unleashed to destroy life or reignite it." - Master Kwaa

EDIT: Notice that "Master Kwaa" doesn't just says Kwaa, but Master Kwaa...
Flames of A'lar was renamed to Flames of ragnaros and had the text removed in the last build or so.
__________________
Expac ideas: War for Argus, Fury of the Tides
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Cantus Cantus is offline

Ethermancer - Admin
Cantus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC, U.S.
Posts: 8,369
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Default

These are Warlocks, they'll sacrifice each other until no one is left but the being they summon from the pit of hell. At that point you (the player) will become his pawn and he'll have you run around doing class quests while he forms his own version of the Shadow Council so that he can usurp power from the Legion.
__________________
Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.

The Mad Admin
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Arakiba Arakiba is offline

Arch-Druid
Arakiba's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,462

Default

Interestingly, on wowhead, the object form of the first volume is listed as a quest object. The item version (so you can loot it or something maybe) is junk, though.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-25-2012, 08:29 PM
GenyaArikado GenyaArikado is offline

Elune
GenyaArikado's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 9,235

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
Flames of A'lar was renamed to Flames of ragnaros and had the text removed in the last build or so.
__________________
Wrong and Exquisite
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-25-2012, 08:48 PM
mjbmitch mjbmitch is offline

Arch-Druid
mjbmitch's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Crofton, MD
Posts: 1,206
BattleTag: mjbmitch#1158

Default

Blizzard will probably have Illidan summoned from the void (saying he's half-demon, yadda yadda yadda) and people will do quests for him and what not so he can get vengeance from the Burning Legion.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.