Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 05-07-2012, 03:39 PM

Elune

>I post a Gaga gif, Fojar complains
>I dont post a Gaga gif, Fojar complains

Truly an Alliance fanboy
"D'ya think that thing wanted to be an animal? No dogs make it a thousand miles through the cold! No, you don't understand! That thing wanted to be US! If a cell gets out, it could imitate everything on the FACE OF THE EARTH! AAAAND NOTHING can stop it!"
Old 05-07-2012, 04:27 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post

Truly an Alliance fanboy
It's funny how there's always something to complain about with you, isn't it?
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies… strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night… live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:28 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Apophis#2440

Quote:
>I post a Gaga gif, 95 percent of the forum complains

Truly an Alliance fanboy
Fix'd
Old 05-07-2012, 04:28 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apophis View Post
Quote:
>I post a Gaga gif, 95 percent of the forum complains

Truly an Alliance fanboy
Fix'd
We are the 5%!

Flock to what you love; love what you flock to
Old 05-07-2012, 04:29 PM

Eternal

I think Genya has a crush on Fojar. Maybe he likes a man with conviction and who is always fighting "the man".
Old 05-07-2012, 04:38 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasarax View Post
I think Genya has a crush on Fojar. Maybe he likes a man with conviction and who is always fighting "the man".
The same kind of crush when you grab a girls hair and drag her around the school ?
Old 05-07-2012, 04:54 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
The same kind of crush when you grab a girls hair and drag her around the school ?
Aw thats so cute, sick and horribly immature but cute nevertheless

Quote:
I wonder if he was right when he said a thousand years from now we will be the gods everyone remembers
Old 05-07-2012, 05:04 PM

Elune

Fojar needs some tough love. Like the Anger Gauntlet tough
"D'ya think that thing wanted to be an animal? No dogs make it a thousand miles through the cold! No, you don't understand! That thing wanted to be US! If a cell gets out, it could imitate everything on the FACE OF THE EARTH! AAAAND NOTHING can stop it!"
Old 05-07-2012, 05:28 PM

Eternal

Quote:

Truly an Alliance fanboy
>Fojar posts something, Genya bitches about it, often without being even remotely constructive.
>Fojar refrains from posting, Genya still brings Fojar into the discussion somehow, usually to point out some fault of Fojar as if he's the first to ever point out something like that.

Truly a dick.

This wouldn't be the first time I ended up in a thong.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:31 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
>Fojar posts something, Genya bitches about it, often without being even remotely constructive.
>Fojar refrains from posting, Genya still brings Fojar into the discussion somehow, usually to point out some fault of Fojar as if he's the first to ever point out something like that.

Truly a dick.
This.

"You always were a cunning linguist, James"
Old 05-07-2012, 05:34 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:

Truly a dick.
So true i have to say in a lot of cases lately.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:34 PM

Eternal

Quote:

Truly a dick.
Well Royalpimp, your opinion is apreciated, but I think most people would disagree. But if thats your opinion thats ok
Old 05-07-2012, 05:36 PM

Elune

Old 05-07-2012, 05:37 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasarax View Post
Well Royalpimp, your opinion is apreciated, but I think most people would disagree. But if thats your opinion thats ok
Oh, I see what you did there.

This wouldn't be the first time I ended up in a thong.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:42 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Apophis#2440

Quote:
Another GIF
"Don't excessively hot link unless necessary. Hyperlinks and images are fine, but videos and .gifs should be used as rarely as possible, if at all. "
Old 05-07-2012, 06:57 PM

Elune

Quote:
"Don't excessively hot link unless necessary. Hyperlinks and images are fine, but videos and .gifs should be used as rarely as possible, if at all. "
Old 05-07-2012, 07:08 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
It's funny how there's always something to complain about with you, isn't it?
He had a me fetish a while back too. Kept trying to mention me and bait me into threads too.

I think Genya's kind of like Wheel of Fortune in that regard.

He picks on a different forum poster he doesn't like every day!

Quote:
6 zones + ashran, 7 new dungeons + 4 revamps (mop had 6 new, 3 revamps) with challenge modes, garrisons, several meta-story quest chains, 2 full raid tiers, new character models, more exploration content than MoP, and the most cinematics out of any expansion to date. Wow, look at all this not-content
-Odok
Old 05-08-2012, 12:00 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Yet another decent thread derails into a tirade of bitching and faction ranting.
What matters more, Ashenvale or Lordaeron? The debate of 2013 between Financial Adviser Archdruid Sentinel Kyalin Raintree the Tree Hugger of Ashenvale and Supreme Commander Archmage Fojar von Lordaeron the Highlord of Undead Slaying.

Two enter...and both probably will leave but everyone will be facepalming.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:14 AM

Arch-Druid

Back to original topic: Has anyone really asked themselves - what happens if Garrosh would have won?
Old 05-08-2012, 12:19 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufy View Post
Back to original topic: Has anyone really asked themselves - what happens if Garrosh would have won?
Considering the people who will be spearheading the assault? Well Stormwind would be fucked for quite some time. Anduin can't lead and as far as we know Halfords still cracking skulls up in Gilneas.
Even if Garrosh wins though the Kalimdor Horde as a whole would almost certainly lose. A huge number just turned on and destroyed themselves. Its the second war all over again.
What matters more, Ashenvale or Lordaeron? The debate of 2013 between Financial Adviser Archdruid Sentinel Kyalin Raintree the Tree Hugger of Ashenvale and Supreme Commander Archmage Fojar von Lordaeron the Highlord of Undead Slaying.

Two enter...and both probably will leave but everyone will be facepalming.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:43 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Considering the people who will be spearheading the assault? Well Stormwind would be fucked for quite some time. Anduin can't lead and as far as we know Halfords still cracking skulls up in Gilneas.
Even if Garrosh wins though the Kalimdor Horde as a whole would almost certainly lose. A huge number just turned on and destroyed themselves. Its the second war all over again.
Of course. That's the only way the Alliance can stand against the Horde. By having the Horde split internally. The whole split thing was called a long time ago by someone, I just don't remember who.

A silly story telling mechanic. It wouldn't really be to big of a deal if there was an ebb and flow,but we never actually see it if one exists.

It's why I'm not really excited about the faction war (or the direction Blizzard wants to push faction pride). The Horde players are going to get the "Pshaw, we are so useless and violent we can't get along with each other long enough to ever win" and the Alliance is going to get the "lol. We really only exist because the Horde can't get along. As soon as they get a decent leader who has his crap together and wants to take us out, well. We don't stand a chance! YAY ALLIANCE!"

Both of which kinda suck.

Note* Please don't read this as a faction QQ post. It's not. It's more a long the lines of Blizzard reusing the same story with a twist as was present in WC2. Which admittedly is a bit unfair at this point, considering we don't know much about the war, though the seeds are present.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:07 AM

Demon Hunter
BattleTag: ask#1111

Quote:
Of course. That's the only way the Alliance can stand against the Horde. By having the Horde split internally. The whole split thing was called a long time ago by someone, I just don't remember who.

A silly story telling mechanic. It wouldn't really be to big of a deal if there was an ebb and flow,but we never actually see it if one exists.
And the Horde only won in WC1 because the Guardian of Tirisfal was possessed by Sargeras instead of, you know, Guarding Tirisfal.

The Horde only got through WC3 because members of the Alliance both helped Thrall escape Durnholde and overthrow Admiral Proudmoore.

Neither side wins without the other side splitting in some way. It's cheap, but it keeps there from being a canon "stronger" side. But oddly enough it's only Alliance that throws a pity party about how they can't win unless the other side defeats itself. Why is that?

Last edited by Grig; 05-08-2012 at 08:09 AM..
Old 05-08-2012, 09:40 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: England, Great Britain, Soon to be United States of Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grig View Post
It's cheap, but it keeps there from being a canon "stronger" side.
Which is dumb, and makes for bad storytelling.
Quote:
But oddly enough it's only Alliance that throws a pity party about how they can't win unless the other side defeats itself. Why is that?
While I haven't really seen this pity party you speak of, there's a major difference in what you're comparing. The Horde will now have split twice in a fairly major fashion. In the Second War, at least one Clan (I can't remember how many there were) split off from the Horde in order to pursue Gul'dans goal (on the other hand, Alterac betrayed the Alliance, so it was pretty much fair). In this new war, the Horde is again going to be fighting itself in a major way, rather than only a few Alliance members turning against them.

Still, the Second War seems like the betrayal was fairly equal to me, especially when you consider not all of the nations were committing their full forces from the onset.
It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag."
- Father Dennis Edward O'Brian, USMC
Old 05-08-2012, 05:26 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grig View Post
Neither side wins without the other side splitting in some way. It's cheap, but it keeps there from being a canon "stronger" side. But oddly enough it's only Alliance that throws a pity party about how they can't win unless the other side defeats itself. Why is that?
If you only quest Horde, you never see an unequivocal loss at the hands of the Alliance. Ashenvale's gains are reversed after you leave for Stonetalon. At the south of Durotar you can't prevent the humans from landing, but who knows if the landing party can even do all that well after the subsequent attacks on Northwatch. Southern Barrens is a tie, in a sense, but (UNWARRANTED SPECULATION TIME) the Horde is more likely to "win" in a sense by wearing down Twinbraid's forces or at least keeping them holed up someplace, even if a decisive victory cannot be gained due to lack of numbers. Swamp of Sorrows has the Alliance forces be fought off, with no indication of missing supplies or any of that sort. Stonetalon is pretty much Garrosh saying the victory was tainted and killing off his forces, or somesuch.

Alliance side, you need to look at Ashenvale with a magnifying glass and a lice comb in order to figure out how you've won. In Stonetalon you might be led to believe that the forces north may be defeated due to the Horde supply line being cut off by the victory with the Grimtotem's help. Swamp of Sorrows is supposedly a win, but Stonard is not changed in any way. Vashj'ir's Sandy Beach is clear of Horde (beyond the flight master and his siege weapon), so I guess that's a contested Stormwind victory? Felwood is an Alliance victory, but apparently the worgen screwed things up far worse than the goblins would have done. Gilneas is a contested victory, seemingly permanently due to the BG.

Also? The Horde is stronger this time around. They have better technology than the Alliance, and can easily catch up to any and all Alliance technological developments. Val'kyr act as an "I win" button, even if one named one was killed, due to the seemingly unquestionable loyalty displayed by raised Alliance characters. Some may say it's game mechanics, and I say that's bullshit because Blizzard could have easily shown a risen soldier running off, or trying to help the Alliance forces only to get killed by the Forsaken. And even if you discount the val'kyr's military advantages, they still compensate for the one Forsaken weakness (inability to restore numbers) that still matters. Magically, the Horde has the holy-arcane Sunwell, which, though limited in geographic scope, is still a very big boon.

And this isn't going into the Alliance's weaknesses, like suffering from crippling debt (whereas Orgrimmar had to be paid for thrice within a decade), disinterested elite forces (Tirion forgot to return the paladins after Wrath, apparently), night elves used as the Horde's punching bag (they never invested as much into the Outland/Northrend campaigns as the orcs, and so shouldn't have suffered as much; and of course the orcs fight in forests better than the night elves), the majority of worgen shunted into a useless semi-feral state, the Gnomish airforce being good for nothing, the Alliance navy constantly losing battles, and of course the "so farseeing they can't see they're walking off a cliff" draenei....

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.

Last edited by Millenia; 05-08-2012 at 05:30 PM..
Old 05-08-2012, 05:37 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Quote:

Flock to what you love; love what you flock to