Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 11-17-2008, 03:00 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

Default I See Dead Draenei

As you may guess from the title, the story is expanding the basic backstory from the "I See Dead Draenei" questline, which leads us to clear Auchenai Crypts. Haven't you all felt at one time that this just looks like we're some greedy killers-for-hire, who kills guy X because guy Y will give us reward Z? Of course you had, and thus I began writing this with hopes to not only give some epic-ness for this questline (which could have been very epic) and make some badass Draenei character out of one humble guy in Icecrown. And I hope not only Timolas would respond to that this time.

Quote:
Dark night in Nagrand. Between the local hills, two persons are kneeling over a single, alone grave. Soon one of them stands up and looks sadly upon the other. Those two are Draenei. One of them, slightly taller than the another, have a bit wrinkled face with four facial tendrils. Standing boldly, he gazes a bit angrily upon his friend.
"Come on, Maladaar, you know neither of us can do anything about it." said the taller one. The still kneeling Maladaar looked sadly upon him and replied:
"I know. I just can't get over it. She was the last the person I had after this... orcish slaughter. Just tell me, Maraad, why people have to die?"
"It's just... order of the world. You are born, you age... finally you die. Everything comes to an end. I thought you know it."
"Of course I knew... but had we ever encountered death in all those long milennia? Since the dawn of Areean Empire our people managed to avoid death. Our magic... our mastery of magic made us invulnerable to age. Upon this short time we had a chance to live forever."
"Do we really need it? You know, old friend..." said Maraad, thinking deeply for a short time, then producing a small smile "Wouldn't the world become boring after a time?" But then Maladaar turned back to the grave. Inscription was short - "Shalaa, my dearest love, rest in peace, your beloved Maladaar"
"World would never be boring if I had her by my side." replied Maladaar, recalling back his memories.
"Please, Mal, end this now. For Light's sake, you're priest. She had already passed on. Your continuous despair won't help neither you, nor her. You want her to be stuck here, in this godforgotten wasteland, because of your despair?" Maladaar thought through a moment.
"No, I don't."
"So, come on, Mal. Let her rest in peace." Maladaar slowly stood up, holding to Maraad's hand.
"I just hope, Mar" said Priest "Once me or you, as a Vindicator, get to avenge her death."
"Once we will, old friend. Don't worry." Both Draenei soon left the grave, alone on the cold astral wind, storming through Nagrand, a place now on the isolated chunk of rock, floating in the very centre of the demonic Twisting Nether... the Outland. Only thing that remained of the Exiles' Refugee.

Still in the same evening, Maladaar came to his room inside the Exodar. He quickly changed the black robe he wore over the grave to the white priest's robe and glanced upon mirror. Only days have passed since her death and memories of her person were still quite alive in his mind... to the point he began to imagine that he can hear her.
"Come here, sweetie, don't you see those beautiful portraits? I hope one day we will afford a holiday on Warsong Isle."
"You know what? We've got some pork from Warsong Isle. I have not even tried to do anything with that, but people rumour something is odd with those pigs. Like some... taint on them."
"I don't like the news from the Blackrock Citadel. Orcs are gathering. This old shaman is saying some strange things. Even this young Warsong chieftain have shown some... racist attitudes."
"Mal! Can you imagine that? Warsong Clan have raised the village of Taaladar! They're... amassing against us!"
"Oh no... my mother. She's dead... Oh my gods... Warson Clan have killed her!"
"I'm with you, sweetie. Now... we have only ourselves. Damn those Warsongs..."
"Can you hear that, Mal? What's that noise? Is that a... war song? Oh no..."
And that was her last words. Tears were coming down Maladaar's cheeks, when he heared a dreadful voice behind his back.
"Do you want her back?" Priest quickly turned around and seen only a transparent spirit of some humanoidal creature, wearing a robe that covered it completely, showing only two glowing blue eye-like orbs under the hood and a few gray hair, stretching out.
"I will repeat: do you want her back?"
"Who... what are you? What kind of demon?" But the creature was not amused.
"Hah, I'm not any sort of demon. At least, not anymore. I just want to give you a gift. A gift that you can pass on to other people. A gift which may bring her back..." Some doubts echoed inside Maladaar's heart on those words, but he remained calm.
"This is... just the order of the world. People have to die. Whoever you are, get back from where you came."
"You don't know anything about me. At least, not any longer. Listen to me, I can give her back to you..."
"I'm not listening! I can sense the taint of the Man'ari in your... spectral form."
"Well... this is quite true, as one of them has created me. But they really have nothing to do with it. Listen me, and do not protest, unless you listen to the end. I may give you a gift. With this gift, you can bring her back. And she will be with you forever. No orc, no demon, no other abomination will stand in your way to be happy together, forever. Nobody. Do you understand what kind of gift you can get?"
"Yes... a necromancy. Just like those foul Orcs and their Necrolytes. I will never succumb to these."
"Is there anything that could bring her back?" These words ended with long silence, followed by another statement by the creature "We both know what is in your heart. And you know that you really desire it... just open your mind for new ways to achieve your goals, not like those prejudiced Paladins."
"So, yes? You're giving me this gift. And what you will have out of this?"
"Your service. You will serve me as a commander for all those whom you will raise."
"All those? What am I supposed to do? Raise a whole army of undead spirits?"
"Correct."
"I will never do this."
"So say goodbye to her..." her voice once again echoed in the air
"I hope we will have a big future together"
"...forever" continued the creature.
"I will... do what you ask. Just tell me... what are you?"
"I am... one, true king."

Maraad was stepping through the main corridor, up to the main chamber, where Velen was contemplating under the guidance of the Naaru, levitating high above him. Vindicator didn't wanted to interrupt him, but the Divine stopped for himself and turned to Maraad.
"Greetings, Young One. I've sensed your coming in the Light. You're..." Velen gave him a long smile "blazing like a lighthouse on the open sea!" But Maraad was not willing to smile.
"Bad things are happening. I don't know how you can afford even a little smile in such events." Velen saddened immediately.
"I'm just not abandoning hope. There is always hope, Young One."
"And what hope can you see in this? A Pit Lord have just taken over the remnants of the Temple of Karabor, killing many innocents in the process. Including Maladaar's young wife."
"I know about it, and I'm deeply saddened by those news, but... life must go on. And we all must live with the fate gives us. There must be a purpose in everything... She wouldn't have died without a reason."
"What reason can be in death of a simple woman?"
"We do not know, but the judgements of fate are... unpredictable to us. And even if her death might lead one of our brethren to fall into the darknes... all of this must have some reason behind it. We must just wait and see."
"What do you mean... lead one of our brethren to darkness? You're not speaking about Maladaar..."
"We shall see, Young One, we shall see. Future will show us what will come out of this." Velen turned back to his Naaru friend and continued contemplation, while Maraad gone toward his chamber, with only wish to once in a future understand everything just as Velen do.

To be continued
Opinions? Suggestions? Rotten tomatoes?
Old 11-18-2008, 08:32 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

I like that style, similar to mine.

It's right, but I believe that draenei were not living in Exodar during that time.

PS: Ner'zhul as Lich King?

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 11-18-2008, 08:37 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
It's right, but I believe that draenei were not living in Exodar during that time.
That was what I was asking myself about when writing this. Can anyone help? Were Draenei living in Exodar just after the destruction of Draenor?
Old 11-18-2008, 08:40 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

I just think Tempest Keep appeared after Illidan's rise.

Draenei didn't seem to be living there... anyway, some of them could have been there.

No idea, sincerely. If there were draenei there during the BE attack, no one survived.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 11-18-2008, 10:04 AM

Eternal

Tempest Keep was a Naaru vessel. No Draenei were located on it.

The Draenei was hiding in Zangarmarsch untill they heard about Tempest Keep. So they stole the Exodar (which was very well choosen, as it seemed to be the "living quarters satellite") to flee from Draenor and ended up on Azeroth after Belfs who were located on the ship had sabotated it.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:40 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLore View Post
Tempest Keep was a Naaru vessel. No Draenei were located on it.

The Draenei was hiding in Zangarmarsch untill they heard about Tempest Keep. So they stole the Exodar (which was very well choosen, as it seemed to be the "living quarters satellite") to flee from Draenor and ended up on Azeroth after Belfs who were located on the ship had sabotated it.
So, there are two Naaru vessels in Outland, right? Tempest Keep and Oshu'gun. So, Oshu'gun was already unfunctional, but Tempest Keep was still unfunctional. If Oshu'gun was Draenei original ship, so why did Naaru got Tempest Keep here? Just a question needed to precise info for future "parts", if any will be there.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:13 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

Pretty fun read, I say. FOr some reason you make more grammatical errors in fanfics than when you post, I don't know why. Though it was a bit rushed, I like how you presented it. It had a feel to it. I never did that questline there's a sense of mystery behind this strange creature to me as well.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:19 PM

Eternal

Well a promise was a promise so I read it, I think that the dranei moved to the exodar after illidans rise to power.
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 11-27-2008, 08:04 AM

Eternal

Next part is in production. If anyone bothered with it, it would be up today if I'll have a time.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:08 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

Fire away. Should be interesting.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:33 AM

Eternal

So, here we go. Please leave ANY comments, to know if anyone reads that actually.

Quote:
Many years later, a Dreadlord and a Fel Orc run through the Fallen Sky Ridge, watching what happens down there, in the valley beneath them. Three Arrakoa try to repel raging Fel Orcs with magic bullets they release through their staves, but a heading Fel Orc manages to decapitate Arrakoa with an axe he possess instead of right hand. Two remaining bird-men try to flee, but Orc takes a big leap and jumps on the second man, pressing him to the fel-stained ground, then impaling him on his axe. Third Arrakoa releases a Moonfire bullet which hits a handless invader instantly. Fire engulfs the Fel Orc, destroying him in a matter of seconds, but the another one, with a long blade in his left hand, pierces his blade into the bird-man's chest, when he was not keeping attention. With the three druids destroyed, Orcs begin to shout their warcry. Dreadlord looks upon the Fel Orc next to him, which appears to be Kargath Bladefist, now with red skin and spikes sprouting out of his body, but still with one hand intact.
"Your Fel Orcs work very well." said the Dreadlord "Keep going that way, and Lord Illidan will appoint you some nice castle to command. What will you say for... the Hellfire Citadel?"
"I will be pleased, Vagath." replied Kargath "How many more of those... birds we need to kill to get to this position?"
"Bird-men were just tests. A real threat is only beginning to emerge. As you know... some Draenei survived wrath of the Old Horde."
"I know it... once I fallen into a bunch of those Krokul with my comrades. Now they're such malformed that we can't stand their hideous appearance and killed them on the spot."
"Krokul... If they were really a problem. Lord have a bunch of his own Krokul on his command."
"WHAT?" shouted Kargath, shocked with this news "Lord Stormrage is dealing with Draenei?" A understandable look from Vagath reprimanded Fel Orc. "Take my apologies, Dreadlord. If Lord decides so, he must be right."
"Problem is with another sort of Draenei, some of them retained their original form. Those creatures still hide somewhere on Outland. You need to track them and find one Vindicator, called Maraad. He's beginning to prove some problems to us."
"Anyone callin' me, pals?" replied to them voice from the back. Both the Dreadlord and the Fel Orc turned around and saw aforementioned Vindicator, standing in full Justicar Armor on his body and with the legendary Hammer of the Naaru in his hand. "Call me mad, but I have this masochistic habit of hunting and killing bitches like you, demons."
"This is actually sadism, blue one" said Vagath, already preparing to strike paladin with some unholy spell.
"No, this is masochism, 'cause I risk my life to eradicate what is left of my home from... the apparitions of the very thing that destroyed it. Done chatting, killin' time!" Vindicator took his hammer in both hands and immediately charged against the demons. Hammer is immediately engulfed in the Holy Light itself and with its furious strike, Vagath exploded into flames, sending only several dark bat-like particles up to the sky above Hellfire.
"17th Dreadlord this month. See ya' later, bitch!" Then Maraad looked at the already infuriated Kargath "Nathrezim. They always return. But you... do not." Kargath and Maraad both charged at themselves. Hammer of the Naaru clashed with the Bladefist in a mighty blow, sound of which echoed throughout the wasteland, turning attention of the nearby grazing Felboars. Warchief stepped back, slashing the Bladefist on paladin's hammer and backing with it. But he didn't mean to retreat, he just took some place to swing the mighty blade again in the air in another furious slash against the Draenei. But Maraad was quick enough to turn right and avoid the cut. Orc's fury was not however stopping, when he tried to catch the blue one with his intact hand and hold him, only to have a clear line to impale paladin on his sword. He didn't however expected another turnout - Paladin now caught his Bladefist with his own gloved palm, holding him tight enough to not let the angred Orc go. He quickly used his own hammer to blow the red arm of Warchief to free himself. Now freed, Draenei pushed Bladefist strongly on Orc's another arm... cutting the hand off. Kargath exploded with scream, and greenish felblood gushing out of the severed hand. Now, Draenei stepped back and kicked hardly Kargath on face with his stone-hard hoof. Fel Orc fell down the valley, landing on the rocky ground with a loud thud. Maraad only sniffed the smell of felblood, hovering in the air.
"Orcs. Never been formidable warriors. Without demonic rage they would be just... beasts." Vindicator, sure of his victory, left the landscape, facing north. But Fel Orc gnarled after a moment, revealing that he's still alive. He then moved again and looked upon the bleeding stump.
"Damn it, how I'm going to wipe my ass now?"

Encampment in Zangarmarsh. Draenei, exiled from their own capital, now lived here, begging for any chance of survival. They can now honestly call themselves Draenei - "The Exiled Ones". They are now exiled from not only their original homeworld, but their adopted one as well. Well, they could even take a name "Dendraenei", which means "The Twice Exiled Ones", but naturally they don't really want to underline that now. In the heart of the encampment, Velen was meditating alone in his tent. Hovering above the ground, he listened only to the Holy Light itself, cut off from whole the world. But then... long sound of hooves clashing in the swampy area came. Hooves were coming closer and closer, as Velen noticed something bright echoing through the Outland's darkness. Other Draenei, sadly walking between tents, gazed upon the coming person. Even some Krokul looked upon him, trying to reconcile how they looked like not so long ago. Nobundo, standing near Velen's tent, also reminded himself what he was. Oh, he will give almost everything for a chance to look like that again... That was Maraad, boldly going through the encampment to confont the Divine One. After a short beat, he entered quickly leader's tent and spoke aloud.
"17th Dreadlord. I don't know how they're coming to be. Are they cloning or something?" Then he looked upon meditating Velen. "Sorry, am I interrupting?"
"No, not at all." replied Velen, landing down on full feet. "I was already disturbed by the magic hovering around. Arcane does not help when meditating, without mentioning the Fel... What were you saying?"
"I came up after yet another Dreadlord. This one was really a minor guy. One blow from the hammer shot him down. They're more, but weaker."
"Usual... But remember, they are not your grandest enemy." Velen replied, while facing Maraad.
"Everything demonic is." Said Vindicator with disregard.
"Do not underestimate power of the demons... Do not forget why evil is so tempting. Because it gives power, without limits. And demons are just those individuals who succumbed to that innate will of power."
"I do not crave for power, I'm resistant to it."
"Nobody is. Even when you're vanquishing demons, you are proud with power you show while destroying them. They're not getting weaker. YOU are getting stronger! With each passing day. With each vanquished demon." Maraad was proud and humbled at one time, humbled by his desire, and proud of his power.
"I'm sorry, you're right, the Divine One."
"And now, hear me, have you already found your friend, Maladaar?"
"No... it's over 20 years since I last saw him. You think those demons I saw him with might have killed him?"
"It's... possible. But never be sure. If he's dead, you'll find his spirit... in the Auchenai Crypts. Would you go check it?"
"I've been there plenty..."
"But not lastly!" Interrupted Velen, pointing his finger at Maraad "The place have changed. Much. You need to go and check it. As soon as you can."
"As you wish, the Divine One." Replied Maraad, then turned around and left the tent.

Outside he was going to his own tent, but a big cart was blocking the way. On the cart was sitting... a little child. He was constantly turning his head here and over, looking at something, sometimes pointing at something, sometimes talking to someone. Everyone was walking away of him, because of his odd behaviour, but only Maraad was interested in it. He neared to the cart and put his palm on it.
"Who are you?" Said Maraad. Kid looked strangely at him.
"You're alive?" Replied kid.
"Well... of course I am! Can you tell me your name?"
"I am... Ha'lei."
"Ha'lei... who are you talking to?" Kid stared at him, amused, as if he asked for something obvious. But without leaving his spectral gaze, Ha'lei replied:
"I see dead Draenei. They're all around us. Bah, nobody believes me because I'm a child. Not even my own mommy believes me." This conversation was interrupted by an old woman entering the cart and ordering two Elekks to go on.
"Stop this nonsense right now, Ha'lei." That was only thing the woman said. Soon thereafter, the cart left the encampment, but Maraad chased after it.
"Ha'lei!" He was shouting "Where can I find you?"
"You'll find me in Terokkar, Maraad" Replied kid with his high-pitched yell.
"What? How do you know my name?"
"They have told me..." After those words, cart was too far for Maraad and Ha'lei to communicate any longer, leaving Vindicator completely enstranged by an unusual meeting.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:00 PM

Eternal

Wow it's getting better I just hope it doesn't end up beinh a sixth sense warcraft spin-off. I really like you sense of humor despite it seems a bit of in the warcraft universe.
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 11-29-2008, 12:29 PM

Eternal

So, I was boring a bit and got to write the third part. Have fun reading.

Quote:
Hill near Auchindoun, just behind the Bone Wastes. Grangol'var Village seems to be sleeping, along with its wolf guardians. View between the trees can show us the ruined Aunchindoun gates. Suddenly, air starts to vibrate, as when smoke is hovering in the air, but no smell of smoking can be smelled. After short vibrations, two bright flashes appear on the hill, and when those flashes disappear - two Ethereals stand there, gazing at the city.
"Is it the place Shaffar was speaking about, D'Hul-Halasa?" Said the larger Ethereal, with a blueish tint on his wrappings.
"I think so... looks exactly like on this holograme. It must be this... Aush... Awsh... Augh..." Replied the smaller one, with red tint on wrappings
"Auchindoun" Said the blue one to D'Hul-Halasa "It's not that difficult to say!"
"Oh, please, Karaaz, you know I'm not such proficient with all those foreign names... But, just say me, for what purpose does Shaffar need this ruined city?"
"I have not a fainting idea... but he must have some serious reasons." Replied Karaaz, when D'Hul flashed down to the Bone Wastes. "What are you doing?" He flashed too, standing just next to his friend. D'Hul was kneeling to the destroyed ground and picked up one large skull.
"Is it what I think it is?"
"A Draenei skull..." Replied Karaaz "But how's that possible?"
"Maybe they have reached this planet before us?" Said astonished D'Hul.
"Possible... but why their bones would be scattered around? Did something happened to them?"
"The Nether is echoing about some catastrophe... this world was destroyed by a unimaginable blast of arcane energies, even beyond reach the likes of Sargeras, Dimensius and Shaffar. It was destroyed by a direct and uncontrolled flow of Fel from the Nether itself... Demons say it was some Gork... or Work... who didn't have a knowledge of HOW to open multiple portals on a one world, and it caused a catastrophe."
"Yeah... I heard it too" Replied Karaaz "but it would be a little odd to meet Draenei again after all those milennia. Remember the battle at Nasirya?"
"I remember... there was one Paladin, or Vindicator, how they call it, who made a remarkable threat to the Void. What was his name?" Said D'Hul.
"I can't remember his name. I haven't met him, actually." Replied Karaaz, then staring at the brown-greyish sky "After all, it's a pity that after all those battles we had with the Void, K'aresh has fallen... Your Vindicator friend would not be happy with those news."
"If he's still alive... I don't think much beings can live 5,000 years and survive the explosion of whole world." D'Hul sighed "Time marches... inexorably on." Karaaz looked back at his friend.
"Yeah, we should go back. Construction of the Stormspire can't wait." With a nod, D'Hul agreed and flashed out, followed by Karaaz, just in time to avoid waking wolf.

In the meantimes, Maraad was preparing himself to the trip to Terokkar, where the boy promised to meet him. He was still a bit shocked by this unusual meeting. After all, not every kid knows your name before you introduce yourself. And... who the hell are "they"? Maybe another Draenei told him? But we all know there are powers beyond imagination, and something was telling Maraad that this is one of those powers. With this meeting he felt something familiar returning to him. As if... old friend was around. Could it be... Maladaar? Nah... he's almost certainly dead.
When Maraad put his pauldrons back on, an Arrakoa came out of the shadows, holding a green staff in his feathered hand. Maraad looked at him and gasped in shock.
"What?" Shrieked Arrakoa.
"Don't make this any more! I have almost left my body!"
"And it was said by a man who destroys demons one after another..." Replied the bird-man.
"Look, Krokaroc, this is yet another thing. You just popped out of the shadows!" After a short pause, Maraad continued "And by the way, take care of my 'home' when I'm away."
"You're going to hunt demons again?"
"Em... not so much. I'm going to Auchindoun. To find any trails of my old friend."
"Aww... to house of the dead you're going" Krokaroc squawked "Who searching you are for?"
"You remember what I told you about Maladaar?"
"Ah... Priest he was. Missing he gone years ago. That is that?"
"Yes, he. I never found a clue about him since I saw a Man'ari and two Ered'ruin kidnapping him... toward an unindentified place. Lastly Velen suggested me to search for him in the last place I would expect - in Auchindoun."
"True that may be... If he is dead, stop searching would you."
"Right. But there's also another thing. I saw a boy, who seemed to talk to himself. When I asked him about it, he told me... he's seeing 'dead Draenei'. And they are talking to him, as well as told him my name."
"Spooky" Replied Arrakoa, while clearing feathers on his head with his claw.
"Yeah, it is. But then his mother took him out of camp and they drove to - if to believe a boy - the Terokkar Forest."
"Of my people, home."
"Sure, that is why I was wondering - what they have to do in Terokkar? I mean, once there was Shattrath standing... but it's destroyed since years!"
"Living in the ruins are they?" Replied Krokaroc, turning back with a squeak. He quickly wore his Moonglade shoulders and cowl.
"What are you doing?"
"I'm putting my armor on. What wrong is?"
"Why are you putting armor on?"
"Going with you, I am."
"No, no - you're staying there!" Shouted Maraad at Krokaroc, pointing at him. Arrakoa turned back to him.
"Why am I? I feel problems in ruins. And when I problems feel, they are there."
"Great... I have to take food for two..."
"For three!" said loudly someone in the tent's entrance.
"And who are you?" Said Maraad, turning to him. There was standing a Krokul. Wearing a standard The Elements gear, he looked as if he was already prepared to big journey.
"My name's Maarok. You should know me. I am normally praying for some food outside the camp."
"Oh, I remember you. You saw that boy yesterday... Hey, how can you afford to buy The Elements?"
"I've looted it from some dead Mag'har in Nagrand not so long ago."
"You... looted a corpse?" Replied Maraad, raising his eyebrows.
"Sorry, times are hard. You do not loot - you do not live."
"And why with us you want to go?" Asked Krokaroc, nearing to the Krokul.
"I heared that kid yesterday. He was speaking about seeing dead. Since Nobundo learnt us how to commune with the spirits, I have to follow every trail of them. I may help you with some fights, if you wish to."
"What do you want in exchange?"
"Just a bit of food. I'm starving."

Soon later Maraad, Maarok and Krokaroc were going through the outskirts of Terokkar. Maraad was looking in amusement.
"Strange. When I last saw those areas... there were just the Bone Wastes. How did all those regrown so fast?"
"Ikiss say Terokk there is."
"Terokk? He died centuries ago."
"But Ikiss claim to Terokk be. Magic of his regrown those forests. Not so long ago. But another explosion part of forest destroyed again. We do not know what."
"Moment... I need time to reprocess your sentences..." Said Maraad, intertwining his tendrils with his fingers "Ikiss claims to be Terokk?"
"True!"
"And he regrown forests, while something destroyed part of them again?"
"True."
"And you don't know what?"
"True!"
"Man, you should be a philologist..." Said astonished Maarok.
"I am!" Replied Maraad, looking before him. But then... he saw a strange creature. It looked quite like a Blood Elf, but had completely different face, different ears... it was not a Blood Elf, but had a pink skin, just like it.
"Blood Elf?" Said Maarok, pointing his staff at the creature. "Let's destroy it!" Then, he released the Frost Shock bullet at a creature. With the hit, creature fallen off the hill and fell down with a scream. After a moment, he stood up, looking with angry face at the three gentlemen. Creature was apparently a human, with a long, grey beard.
"You will regret this decision... Nobody will challenge Khadgar..." Mage quickly released an arcane bullet from his staff, but Maraad raised a protection bubble and stopped his attack.
"Stop the fight!" Maraad spoken "Clearly you are not an Elf. Then what are you?"
"My name is Khadgar, and I am an Archmage of Kirin Tor. What are you, gentlemen, to challenge... to shoot to me with frost bullets?"
"We're the vindication of what was done to our people." Replied Maarok "But now we're just searching for Auchindoun."
"Auchindoun? You want to lose your life? There is nothing living may want."
"We're actually searching for a dead."
"So... if you're searching for dead... maybe get some life before? Come with me to Shattrath and you may lose some temper. Shooting at trespasers is not a most clever thing you may do in these lands."
"Shattrath?" Replied enstranged Maraad "It was destroyed years ago!"
"Yes. And under orders of the Naaru A'dal we're rebuilding it."
"Shattrath... in Terokkar" said quietly Maraad to himself "So that's where this boy is..."
"You coming?" Asked Khadgar.
"Of course... we are coming" Replied Maraad "Maybe there we will get to know who is this Ha'lei!"
"Ha'lei? You know him?" Said mage.
"Of course we know. He was saying something about..."
"Ghosts?"
"How do you know?"
"Heh... everybody knows him in Shattrath! Let's go!"
Everybody left to the direction shown by Khadgar, while two Ethereals flashed just behind them.
"Is it him?" Whispered D'Hul to Karaaz "Is it possible?"
"It looks like..."
Old 02-21-2010, 08:20 PM

Treant

PvP Symbol - Horde cool story

Just wana let ya know i'm enjoying the read. You gonna add on it or that it.