Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 11-24-2008, 06:36 PM

Arch-Druid

Default Dragon on the Run

Note: First, I hope I copied the betaed version. If not, I'll edit it in later, so please don't mind typos.

And please be aware, the fanfiction takes place right after the end of DotD, is set in an AU and was started exactly 2 years ago (O_o in german of course, just found out I uploaded the prologue in german exactly this day in 2006)

So, have fun and leave comments please.

+----+Prologue+----+

Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.
He was exhausted beyond his limits.
Diving into the thunderclouds Deathwing cursed the other aspects and that human, before he looked around, trying to catch his breath.
Nothing.
They did not give up on the hunt, did they?
No, most unlikely. They had hunted him for the past few days and nights straight, crossing lands the mortals didn't even know about, only to come back to here, the raging sea before the city of Stormwind.
Deathwing dodged a lightning, holding his stomach with an arm.
When did he eat something the last time? He knew he planned to feast after his plan would have succeeded, but then this gnat of a human dared to destroy his precious Demon Soul.
Thinking of it NOW, the black dragon suddenly realized, did not sound as drastic as it sounded some nights before.
In fact, his mind was literally kicking his arse to have him concentrate on seriously urgent problems.
Such as escaping the other aspects.
Deathwing carefully flew out of the dark mass of clouds, looking down at the sea.
If he wouldn't be able to rest soon, he'd...
With a soft growl the black aspect shook his head, waking himself. Exhaustion had nearly managed to take the better of him.
Plummeting down into the wild waters below would mean a certain death: Even if the impact wouldn't shatter his bones, the dragon would certainly drown.
Again he gasped and growled as he stiffed, turning his head.
In the shine of a lightning he had seen a bronze shadow, but as he looked there was nothing.
It didn't mean anything if that was who Deathwing thought it to be.
He held still, waiting, slowly ascending back into the clouds.
In the wink of an eye he was wide awake, his eyes searching the area.
Did they find him?
Where they here?
Was he starting to see things?
At least that last question was answered with a clear NO when a spell hit the self-proclaimed aspect of chaos, forcing him into his human guise before a gigantic claw closed around him.
He heard Malygos chuckle from outside, followed by Alexstrasza's voice:
“You'll stay human until we...”, the sentence was ended by a horrible shriek.
Deathwing could have guessed that a lightning had hit the dragonqueen.
He could have guessed the suddenness of it had caused her to open her paws.
But he didn't.
All he could do was stare aghast and helpless at the equally shocked aspects, as his human form plunged towards the raging sea, vanishing in the waves.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:45 PM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

So far so good. I like the mention of lands that most didn't even know existed, adds an extra feel to it.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:50 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Awesome.

I can't see Deathwing being defeated by the remaining aspects, they were so tired, and I guess he can hide so well, we didn't know nothing about him for long.

But it's cool.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 11-26-2008, 04:52 PM

Eternal

Interesting looking forward for the rest.
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 11-26-2008, 05:16 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
Interesting looking forward for the rest.
Get ready for a long journey then So far it has 7 chapters in german and is not even nearly half finished.

And:

I shall post the chapters from cliffhanger to cliffhanger.
(note: any mistakes in this version are to be blamed on me and a betareader suffering form a flu X_x sorry. as soon as she gets better and finds more errors, i will edit it)

---+--Chapter 1--+---

“...be alive, can he?”
“...-ill breathing...”
“With...storm...night.”
What Deathwing heard made no sense at all. Not because the few words that reached his ears were mere fragments of what the people around him said, but because he did hear them.
He clearly felt his heart beat, a blanket over his body, the hard stone beneath him.
His lips tasted salty, his hair was sticking to his face and his body was aching so much, that even the soft rain that was falling hurt when it hit his skin.
He was alive despite his plunge into the waves.
And he still was in his human form.
But that was impossible. The impact would have killed him if he would have been in his draconic form. It was simply not possible that this feeble human frame would have survived it.
Yet it did, even though the pain was burning in his limbs.
He wanted to open his eyes, finding that he lacked the strength for it.
He tried again, as his mind told him what he really wanted...Sleep.

--+--

Bandages had a strange feeling to them.
Neither did Deathwing know for how long he had slept nor where he was or how he got here.
Carefully he rose into a half-sitting position and looked around, examining the room.
Behind dark curtains rain hit the windows' glass and the only light came from a small lamp over the, still filled with the embers of a fire that until recently warmed the room, fireplace. The wooden floor was covered with some furs serving as rugs and to the left of the dragon stood a small night stand. Placed on the latter were an empty soup bowl, some more bandages, a thermometer and a burned down candle.
Deathwing frowned and rose a hand.
His body was still aching and the bandages gave him an idea how bad his body must have looked like.
Once more he let his eyes wander over the room, finding that, to mortals' standards, it was very comfy. There was just one thing that bugged him.
He janked back the blanket and, with a very annoyed frown, looked down at a construct of wires, bandages and wood around his left leg.
Broken..., the black dragon thought before he bent forward and placed both hands on said leg, mumbling a healing spell.
Had those mortals no priests or the like that could have done that job? Why did he had to spent his precious energy on such a trivial task as healing a broken leg? It's not as if fixing it by magic means was impossible.
Actually...
Deathwing screamed in pain as he tried to stand up and found that despite his efforts the bone was still broken.
He tumbled back onto the bed, wailing.
“Didn't you see that your leg is broken?”, a female voice suddenly called and the dragon looked at where the door was.
“Or have you never seen how it's handled when the priests fail at their work?”
Old 11-27-2008, 10:54 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Great, I love it.

Keep the work coming .

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 11-27-2008, 09:40 PM

Archer

Good job!!
It's not crap after all..
lol
Old 11-07-2009, 02:33 AM

Ranger
Send a message via MSN to Lob_SG

Thumbs up Earthwarder flys again.

Yeah wow this is...really well written. To be honest I was half expecting him being "on the run" because he's been flying around raping people. But this is much, much better. Good characterization written for an old classic lore dragon.

Glueckwuensche huebsches maedchen!
Old 11-07-2009, 11:16 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lob_SG View Post
Yeah wow this is...really well written. To be honest I was half expecting him being "on the run" because he's been flying around raping people. But this is much, much better. Good characterization written for an old classic lore dragon.

Glueckwuensche huebsches maedchen!
XDDDD thank you. someday i shall continue writing XD
Old 11-07-2009, 11:50 AM

Ranger
Send a message via MSN to Lob_SG

Horde Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMaibe View Post
XDDDD thank you. someday i shall continue writing XD
Good to hear, as this is one of the better fan-fics I've read in a loooong while. Then again I need to do some serious reading back here.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:20 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lob_SG View Post
Good to hear, as this is one of the better fan-fics I've read in a loooong while. Then again I need to do some serious reading back here.
Thank you again. as said, it might take a while til I translate the next part, so just a fair warning (again) this will become a looooong story that won't really stop at messing with the canon (hey, that's what AUs are for )
I shall update the threadtopic with a notice when I get to the next chapter. till then