Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft RTS Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 12:30 PM

Arch-Druid

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

"My dear friends, first and foremost you must know that I don't do this because of heroism, honor or patriotism. I do it to save myself and more important to prevent a civil war. If the Highthane should die because of poisoning the main subject would be me. I have many followers, but so have other. Dwarves would fight with one another and blood would flow in torrents.
We can't afford that the dwarven unity is fractured. Not now, not with the dire news my spies reported to me. Trouble and discord is brewing in the mightiest human nations and soon there will be war.
The war between the pagans and the followers of the light is only the beginning and I fear that soon brother will fight against brother.
And now to answer your question: Why the Amani?
My spies range from the mighty empire of Zul'gurub to the elven lands of Quel'Thalas and it has come to my attention that the forest trolls are splintered. There are many warlords that would like to unite them, and with our help one of them could do it. After that it would be easy to make an agreement: They give us something we wan't and they will gain something they will want.
We gain witchdoctors which help our alchemists and try to heal our king. Even if they can purge the poison from him: He is old and weak. He won't make decisions until he dies, but at least we will stay united.
And they will gain something their arch nemesis, the elves used against them: Mithril. We have more than enough of it to equip our soldiers several times.
But most important: We will stand united in war between fanatics. The trolls don't care who their allies worship and I won't allow that one half of our race gets doomed should we choose a site in the conflict."

[EDIT: Added "the elves" after "arch nemesis,"]
[How good/bad was that? I never wrote that much in english, only school stuff and forum posts and I would like to know if I made any critical errors^^]

Last edited by Wabbajack; 04-28-2009 at 01:02 PM..
Old 04-28-2009, 12:33 PM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post
[COLOR="DarkRed"]

[How good/bad was that? I never wrote that much in english, only school stuff and forum posts and I would like to know if made any critical errors^^]
OOC: A job well done Wabba! I'm glad you're still around. I'll make my next big post and have your message delivered to Dalaran soon, and you will arrive as well. Nice companions you chose, they'll grow and develop with you.

Also, to everyone, I will use dice rolls for battles. In other words, no character shielding. If you get down and dirty you might die. If you do, you can play an alternate character; say, your general. Or anyone else. Of course chances are in theses rolls you won't die, that's a small chance with alternatives being injury, victory, etc etc. Just putting this out there.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:56 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949
Send a message via MSN to Xarthat

Quote:
Cyrus grins at his Admiral and passes a venomous look to the vizier.
"Of course liege. If you accomodate us, we will accomodate you. The Lightists of Boralus will remain loyal. I assure you. Appoint me as the lord of their community and I will handle the reins."

Soon, Thaumas is left in contemplation in his throne room alone. The weight of the nation bears down upon him. With his old, dear, dear friend, Janus, sailing to depose him but a day away, there is no limit to what he must worry about.
Suddenly, his musings are interrupted by a gentle hand on his shoulder. It is his father Phorcys, self-proclaimed messenger of Mnesthes.
"I have meditated as I promised, my son. I bring you a warning." Phorcys' face was graven and serious, his long, greying hair which falls around his face and shoulders does little to hide the worry on his face. "I sense that you are in terrible danger, as am I. We are being hunted, my lord. Mnesthes has granted me a vision. Two powerful magi accompany the false Admiral Janus. They bear the mark of an ancient order, and they come to end us and wrest this nation from us. We must waste no time. Come with me to Drisburg. Let us take all that we have at our disposal. If those ships land we may be doomed. Use your mind, dear Thaumas, else we shall fail."
"Oh well, he's now dealing with Mages? He's everchanging loyalties will finally bring death upon him. Once a worshipper of Zinine... then a devoted Lightist. Now he's dealing with Mages. Oh my, my... You have my word that once I get this snake in my hands, I shall bring to him an excruciating pain man never known before... For this is the price of betraying me."
"And Mnesthes, of course." added after a moment.
"I'm naturally coming with you. I shall pay my special attention to catching this snake alive. And before... making a little show of the demise of his armada."
Old 04-28-2009, 06:28 PM

Eternal

[OOC] Can I pm Timolas for private orders?
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 04-28-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie323 View Post
[OOC] Can I pm Timolas for private orders?
OOC: Sure thing. Although I discourage it generally. The update in response to that will still have to exist, technically. So I can only do so much to censor the secret orders. I'll just camouflage your true intention of course.
Also, I'll update tomorrow. There are awesome events and plans in the works, trust me. I've been planning with Wulf. You will all be together soon, in a cauldron of tension.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:40 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
OOC: Sure thing. Although I discourage it generally. The update in response to that will still have to exist, technically. So I can only do so much to censor the secret orders. I'll just camouflage your true intention of course.
Also, I'll update tomorrow. There are awesome events and plans in the works, trust me. I've been planning with Wulf. You will all be together soon, in a cauldron of tension.
Someone opened up a Dark Portal didn't they?
Old 04-28-2009, 07:43 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900 View Post
OOC:Look who showed up
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 04-28-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mage
Foiled again!
And I'd have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you pesky Thornbyans.

Nah not really though.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:20 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
OOC:Look who showed up
I've been moving in secret this whole time!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:44 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900 View Post
I've been moving in secret this whole time!
Don't give me illusions.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:48 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Don't give me illusions.
Hallucinations then.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:41 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Overlord Nuvazgal nods at Jin'thek, his powerful brow furrowed. He makes as if to say something, but hesitates. Clearly, he expected Jin'thek to take up his challenge, but he dares not press the matter. Nuvazgal is a deadly opponent and a feared lord in Zul'Aman, commanding the absolute respect of his Mosstusks, but he similarly knows that Jin'thek is no fool to be trifled with. The two warlords maintain eye contact, before exchanging a formal bow and praising the Loa.
"We will be there, mon. But you be sendin' your lieutenant there to avenge my people. Our trolls will hunt togetha' for these murderer long-ears. Now leave us, Jin'thek. We be seein' eachother real soon, mon. Ula-Tek guide you brotha'."

Lieutenant Ba'jal exchanges a glance with Jin'thek, eager to question his master as to whether he should indeed go out and hunt the elves.
"Later, Ba'jal. I must think." Jin'thek whispers, as the Amani leave to return home. They leave the bodies of the Mosstusk trappers behind for their brothers and sisters to bury them, and return to the Shrine of Ula-Tek.
Jin'thek still has much to decide. Time is of the essence.

Back at Ula-Tek his orders are being carried out. Preparations and defenses are being put in place to ensure that the coming festival goes well.
Witch Doctor Gruc'jen has returned, and rushes to meet Jin'thek as he dismounts from his hawkbeast.
"Jin'thek, I return from the southern tribes. Them Witherbark been told 'bout tha' Summertide. They promised to tell the lesser tribes they protect to come as well. Mossflayers from Zul'Mashar. Firetree and Smolderthorn from the east. Revantusk from the Hinterlands, Shadowpine from the west. I will now go to the Mosstusk my lord."
"No need, mon. I told them myself." Jin'thek explains.
"Jin'thek." Gruc'jen pushes. "One tribe might be refusing your offer. It be them Vilebranch. They hole themselves up in their city of Jintha'Alor, self admitted children of the Loa they call Elortha no Shadra. They be sayin' it be heresy to leave their city and consort with us in a festival dedicated to the other Loa. They will pay tribute to no other than Shadra."
''Arghh'' Jinthek grubmled ''Those damm Vilebranch and their obsession with spiders''

''What are we going to do my Warlord they are quite stubborn''

''Well my friend we are gonna tell them the thruth, Send them this message

Mighty Hexx priest of the Vilebranch, Its a petty you refuse to come to a festival that is dedicated to all Loa shadra included of course. But however I understand yor choice. The invitation will still stand and I and the other Chieftants will be pleased that if atleast you sent a representative to the festival.
Also after the festival we will send you the same offerings the attending Chieftants will get.

''Of course mon, I will do it right away''

Jin'thek looked around until he found Ba'jal.

''Ba'jal!!' Jin'thek shouted.

''Yes my Warlord what do you need'' Ba'jal shiftly replied.

''If you get any news on the ones that killed those Mosstusks you better tell me, cause we are going to hunt those bastards with the Help of my dear friend Nuvzalg''
Old 04-29-2009, 08:03 AM

Eternal

A new decree shall be passed from the king of Alterac:

-Spend money on fortifing the city and to build some towers to defend our kingdom!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 04-29-2009, 09:59 AM

Eternal

Quote:
A new decree shall be passed from the king of Alterac:

-Spend money on fortifing the city and to build some towers to defend our kingdom!
Where is the roleplay in there?
Old 04-29-2009, 10:43 AM

Eternal

Zula that was an order.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:48 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Zula that was an order.
Yeah but now we are supposed to give them with some roleplay. I am just saying don't get angry with me
Old 04-29-2009, 03:50 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Sherman closes his eyes, taking a deep breath. He is clearly hesitant to carry out these orders.
"But my king; to deliver ourselves into the hands of Krowl? Are you sure this is wise?"
For Sherman to question Alford he must truly be shaken. Due to the magnitude of Sherman's loyalty and the rarity at which he would ever dare to even think twice about asking such a question, Alford decided to let the issue pass.
"It is necessary, Marshal. I will not risk Andorhal and leave my people starving."
"Aye, my king." Sherman affirms.

Alford Menethil's letters and instructions are provided, and a personal retinue is assembled to accompany him to Andorhal. As the company rides for the gates disguised, they are intercepted by Court Wizard Thomassy and another wizard at his side, who is wearing orange.
"My king, before you leave; this here is Court Wizard Caxagord from Alterac. He just teleported in with a message from Lord Xie. Xie wishes to propose an alliance between our nations in the face of the heretical discord going on in the continent."
Alford ponders the situation for a moment. While at first sight an alliance would bring nothing but benefits, the current uncertainty about whose side each ruler is on requires the situation to be more clearly analyzed.

Suddenly, Alford remembers something which could prove to be the solution to this problem. A long forgotten protocol, not called upon since the time of his grandfather and which he had only heard about scarcely during his tutelage. Something each kingdom of man was forced to abide by.

Alford: Court Wizard Thomassy, I want you to send some of your mages to each of the other six kingdoms. Inform their kings or rulers that they are to be present at Fenris Keep seven days from now, and make sure the populace of every kingdom at large knows about it. Make both an announcement in the city square of every capital and a private one to the king.

Sherman: Milord, may I ask what you intend to do? Some of those people probably won't even show up! And why Fenris Keep?

Alford: They have to show up, they are honor bound. When the seven kingdoms were founded and their borders were yet to stabilize, the founding kings realized they needed a place free of violence, where they could gather and make the decisions that would shape the nations as we know them today. To that end, Fenris Keep was built in the middle of Lordamere Lake, bordering Alterac and Lordaeron and close enough to Dalaran and Kul Tiras that the seven kings could consider it neutral territory.

They swore that they and anyone sharing their bloodline would be bound to gather at the Keep should such a meeting be called, and the laws of every kingdom state that if the current ruler does not abide by this rule then he will lose his right to the throne. The Dalarani Council of Six was, likewise, bound to send one of their members to attend the meeting. Which is why I'm sure that the man who recently usurped the Council - Javali, I think he is named - will have to show himself or face revolt among his people.

Thomassy, make your wizards spread the word. The Court of the Seven is going to be held once more.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:33 PM

ALTERACCCC!
Quote:
[RP]: General Drace and Court Wizard Caxagord I agree it would be worth it despite the costs. To please our "allies" we need to build an army first and then do as they say!

I now comission the new regiment-Assassin-Magi!!
"As you command, lord Xie." General Drace says. Work on the city is quickly begun, and the people are called out to work on the fortifications day and night. It is clear that lord Xie is preparing for something.

The arrival of the evening heralds the return of Court Wizard Caxagord from Lordaeron, with the answer from its king.
"Lord Xie, King Alford Menethil did not yet accept an alliance, but instead has decreed that you meet with him at Fenris Isle, to the west in Lordamere Lake."

Meanwhile, Drace trains the first Assassin-Magi beneath the city.

---

Dalaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrah View Post
I pause for emphasis. "You can not believe how powerful a coordinated war of terror can be in the right hands. With hundreds of talented and deadly wizards right there, where they're needed, things can be made much less difficult. When the conference day comes, and I am in the same table with the ambassadors of the city-states, any who does not leave that room allied to me will feel our wrath.

Do this, Zinizar, and the very same day will be the last moment of the Archivists."
Zinizar seems to contemplate Javali's offer for a moment, but it does not take long for her to accept. Whatever the Archivists mean to her, it is clear enough that she is willing to use her Hareveim to achieve the common goal.
"So be it. If you disband the Archivists, then I will bestow upon you a gift, Javali. We know the secrets of Zinine, and though Hareveim are strictly women, we can found you a new order of male warriors, loyal to you and the Azure Goddess. Zaramim. Battle-magi." Zinizar explains eagerly. "Choose one of your Generals, either Leo or Marius, and I will annoint him as the first Zaramim when the time comes."

Archmage Franek stands at attention, catching both Javali and Zinizar off guard.
"A messenger to see you, lord. It is a dwarf of all things. He says he is from distant Ironforge. And a letter from Lordaeron, bearing the seal of King Alford Menethil."
Curiously, Javali breaks the wax seal and reads the letter.

In accordance with the ancient oaths and honourable traditions of our ancestors, you are called to Fenris Isle on the first day of the Summertide to discuss matters of state with your neighbouring kingdoms.
-Signed, King Alford Menethil of Lordaeron

Zinizar takes her leave. The dwarf messenger steps forward, a short and stocky figure with a greying beard and a beer gut outlined by his leather armour. He is worn and tired from his journey, but is happy to see Javali.
"I been told you are the man in charge in Dalaran, aye? I bring greetings from Thane Skirvar Thaurissan, regent of Ironforge. I come all this way because he wishes to work with ye. We discovered a black powder which we wish to turn into a weapon, and your researchers may help us in the affair."

---

Skirvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post

My spies range from the mighty empire of Zul'gurub to the elven lands of Quel'Thalas and it has come to my attention that the forest trolls are splintered. There are many warlords that would like to unite them, and with our help one of them could do it. After that it would be easy to make an agreement: They give us something we wan't and they will gain something they will want.
We gain witchdoctors which help our alchemists and try to heal our king. Even if they can purge the poison from him: He is old and weak. He won't make decisions until he dies, but at least we will stay united.
And they will gain something their arch nemesis, the elves used against them: Mithril. We have more than enough of it to equip our soldiers several times.
But most important: We will stand united in war between fanatics. The trolls don't care who their allies worship and I won't allow that one half of our race gets doomed should we choose a site in the conflict."
Skirvar's words seem to comfort both Urel and Jaril, who nod their heads and continue the ride contentedly. They pass by the Quel'Danil high elven hunting lodge but do not stop for rations. Elves are mysterious folk, and the dwarves have very little contact with them. Imposing the company on strange folk was unwise and would hinder their journey. The three dwarves head straight over the mountains and slowly descend into ever thicker forests. It is a miracle that the native Vilebranch or Witherbark trolls have not hindered their passage... yet.

Eventually they vanish under the true eaves of Zul'Aman and its ancient pines, the trees growily steadily larger the deeper they rode.
"I think we be lost, Skirvar. What do ye propose?" Jaril mumbled.
"You forget I'm a good tracker, Jaril! Don't be so insultin', lad." Urel chimed in heartily. "I just hope these damn trolls don't kill us on sight."

The dwarves rest by a river for the night. They are unable to shake off the feeling that they are being watched. With morning light they ride further north, but eventually even Urel has to admit that he has no idea where they are.

It is fortunate that they took precautions and supplied themselves well. Suddenly, however, a spear thuds into the cold earth next to Jaril, sending his ram into a panicked frenzy. As a result, both Skirvar and Urel's mounts rear and buck, but both dwarves manage to keep control of them. Jaril does not manage to take control, and his ram gallops off into the hills with him on its back, leaving Urel and Skirvar behind him. Fear is clear on Urel's face as he looks to Skirvar for instruction.

Feet thud to the ground, and both dwarves look to see a company of trolls approaching them. The forest trolls surround them and hold spears at the ready. Two of them are bulkier and stronger than their brethren, and appear to be the leaders. They face eachother and grumble and growl to one another in their native language, probably to decide on the fate of the dwarves. Finally, one of them walks up to Skirvar and speaks in broken Common. Skirvar only barely manages to understand him.
"I be being Ba'jal, mon, second chief of the Amani tribe." he says through narrowed eyes, impressive tusks raised in defiance. "This be troll land. Our land. What you be doin' here? Do you be wanting us to bury you here? No outsiders allowed, mon. You best explain yo'self, 'cause I got an angry Mosstusk overlord back there who thinks you might be to blame for the deaths of his men."

Skirvar swallows, his mouth dry.

---

Kul Tiras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarthat View Post
"Oh well, he's now dealing with Mages? He's everchanging loyalties will finally bring death upon him. Once a worshipper of Zinine... then a devoted Lightist. Now he's dealing with Mages. Oh my, my... You have my word that once I get this snake in my hands, I shall bring to him an excruciating pain man never known before... For this is the price of betraying me."
"And Mnesthes, of course." added after a moment.
"I'm naturally coming with you. I shall pay my special attention to catching this snake alive. And before... making a little show of the demise of his armada."
Phorcys nods at his son with a grim smile on his gnarled face.
"Prepare yourself, young man. Teleporation makes one prone to feel ill if you're not used to it."
Thaumas is suddenly blinded by green light. A wrenching feeling knocks him over, giving him the sensation he had been punched in the gut. His head clears, and he has to blink twice before his eyes adjust at his new surroundings. He is standing on a hill overlooking the village of Drisburg. It is one of the chief trading ports of Kul Tiras, hosting foreign residents, some of which were even dwarves or elves. Tiled rooves stuck out above a network of streets, all opening up to the shipyards and the actual docks. Thaumas could not help but see that the battle had already begun. People were screaming, women crying. He saw captain Reginald Redpath, the man who had saved his life, leading his soldiers in the streets. They are facing men wearing green, like them, but the anchor crest on their tabards is a silver white rather than gold. Janus' separatists had arrived.

The separatist fleet had already dropped anchor, and soldiers were rowing into the port by the minute.
Phorcys raised his staff and began walking down towards the struggle at a leisurely pace. Thaumas takes up arms and joins his men. He is no coward.

He quickly notices two figures in robes watching from the rebel flagship. Perhaps it is the magi that Phorcys sensed. However, the magi are not making any moves to attack his soldiers, or even help the rebels at all. They are just watching.

Meanwhile, Phorcys is not yet casting any magic. He is simply fighting hand to hand, gliding through flesh with his sword as if he were still just as young as Thaumas.
The batte is not going well. Captain Reginald Redpath rushes up to Thaumas at the side of the docks. His vest is covered in blood.
"My lord, get to safety! We can't hold them for much longer! What would you have us do?"

Thaumas recognizes that he has several options. He understands why Phorcys has not used his magic. It might provoke the magi to join in on the fight. However, there are not many options. A full scale retreat might offer them a chance to regroup and bring in the main army from Boralus, or Phorcys could use his magic.

He pauses for a second. Thaumas remembers his prayer to Mnesthes. Perhaps he could bring in the couatl... but that would pose a terrible risk. If the couatl are wild, they might turn on his own men. His mind races.

---

Amani

Quote:
''Ba'jal!!' Jin'thek shouted.

''Yes my Warlord what do you need'' Ba'jal shiftly replied.

''If you get any news on the ones that killed those Mosstusks you better tell me, cause we are going to hunt those bastards with the Help of my dear friend Nuvzalg''
Ba'jal immediately left to carry out his orders. Messengers were sent to deliver Jin'thek's reply to Jintha'alor.
There was not much left to be done. The Summertide was only days away now. The next afternoon, however, a scout runs into the village.
"Jin'thek! Ba'jal has captured two dwarves not far from here! You must come immediately!"

---

Lordaeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfang View Post
They swore that they and anyone sharing their bloodline would be bound to gather at the Keep should such a meeting be called, and the laws of every kingdom state that if the current ruler does not abide by this rule then he will lose his right to the throne. The Dalarani Council of Six was, likewise, bound to send one of their members to attend the meeting. Which is why I'm sure that the man who recently usurped the Council - Javali, I think he is named - will have to show himself or face revolt among his people.

Thomassy, make your wizards spread the word. The Court of the Seven is going to be held once more.
Thomassy complied with his king's wishes immediately. Court Wizard Caxagord was sent back to his lord Xie with the message that had been given. In turn, Thomassy set off to inform the other nations and send letters to the respective rulers to inform them of the meeting at Fenris Isle.

In all haste, King Alford Menethil, Sherman and their guards make for Hearthglen. It took them a day of hard riding, but they do not stop anywhere because they are, after all, disguised. They cannot let anyone know that they are meeting with the rebels.

Eventually, Alford stops before the closed gates of Hearthglen. The proud, white walls of the city rise up before the party. Alford remembers Hearthglen from his childhood, as he had spent a lot of time there when growing up. His earliest, secret romances, the few rules he broke; all were a part of his childhood in Hearthlgen. He had been a fool. His father had shown him the path, had forged his manhood, turning him from a child into the next king. Those memories were unworthy of him.

None opposed their entrance to Hearthglen. Alford had been expected. Sherman remained uneasy, his hand at his sword as they trotted through the town. They halted in the courtyard of the central keep. A heavily armoured young man awaited them, his brown hair tied back to show fine cheekbones and an arrogant expression. It was Maximus Krowl, certainly a lot younger than Alford had expected him to be.
"Come inside, good king. You may remain armed; I understand. I expect no less. Captain, take my sword." Krowl beckoned to one of his men, unstrapping his blade and handing it over.
It certainly helped Alford feel more confident of the situation. At least Krowl was showing good will... so far.

Sherman remained awkward, his eyes shifty.
"Keep on your guard, my king." he mumbles as they are led inside.
Soon they are all seated before a blazing fire which a servant feeds with fresh wood. Krowl calls for drinks to be served, and takes the first gulp to show that it is safe.

"Tell me what this is about, Krowl." Alford demands.
"Of course, dear king." Krowl responds. He clears his throat, beckons for silence around him, and he begins. It is clear, however, that no love is lost between him and Sherman.

"A couple of years ago, I served under Sherman in the provincial guard, rising through the ranks. It was what my father had wanted me to do, as he had done in his younger days, as his own father had done before him. Service to the crown. No better way to serve Lordaeron." Krowl spoke steadily, lingering on certain parts as he thought back. "I hope you can respect me for my weakness of heart, good king, but I was struck down by the most idle of trivialities. It was a mix of jealousy and love for a noble's daughter. However, being nothing more than a lowly captain, I was not eligible to ask for her hand in marriage. It made me bitter. I served on nonetheless, but that set in motion my loss of faith in the system."

Sherman ground his teeth.
"How can you possibly speak so freely of my cousin, as if she were some trophy?"

The complicated nature of the situation set in. Sherman was related to Krowl's love interest. Still, Alford could not understand why a man would betray his country over something so small.
"You still do not explain what you want. Did you call me here to Hearthglen so that I might give you therapy? Is that it? Speak, Krowl!"

Maximus Krowl shook his head solemnly, regaining his composture. He rose, towering above them.
"No. What did displease me was Sherman kicking me out of the military as punishment for my feelings. I met her and she returned the sentiments, and Sherman took his revenge by disgracing my entire family and stripping me of my rank."

"Why do you blame me?" Sherman spat. "I spared you far worse under the eyes of the law by making you leave. I could have had you beaten, Krowl."
"My king, your laws are unjust, your system unfair. Cast out and disgraced, the first of generations to fail in his duty, I realised that it was not my own fault, but rather the fault of aristocracy. I joined the budding People's Front. The witch hunts only meant that pagans joined our ranks as well. And now you face our united front. You want a solution? Strip Sherman of his rank. Do what he did to me. Return the favour. Let me marry lady Thera and restore my honour. I will serve at your side in Sherman's place, and in exchange I will disband the entire People's Front."

Alford feels foolish for daring to hope that the situation could be resolved by a few friendly words after all. Sherman slams his fist down on the table, and draws his sword.
"How dare you, Krowl!"

Last edited by Timolas; 04-29-2009 at 06:40 PM..
Old 04-29-2009, 06:51 PM

Eternal

Lord Xie: I will meet him at Fernis isle but I also got a nightmare yestday..it..was...terrible!

Old 04-29-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Lord Xie: I will meet him at Fernis isle but I also got a nightmare yestday..it..was...terrible!
Alterac
General Drace frowns at his king.
"Are you alright my lord? A nightmare you say. Share it with me... tell me what you saw. I am forever your servant, lord Xie. I will serve you till death. What did you dream? Tell me so I can remove your fears."

Last edited by Timolas; 04-29-2009 at 07:03 PM..
Old 04-29-2009, 07:01 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Alterac
General Drace frowns at his king.
"Are you alright my lord? A nightmare you say. Share it with me... tell me what you saw. I am forever your servant, lord Xie. I will serve you till death. What did you dream? Tell me so I can remove your fears."
..but I will still go neverless its my political duty!

Old 04-29-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
..but I will still go neverless its my political duty!
Alterac
A moment of silence passes. Drace then looks up graciously, and takes off his helmet. Golden hair falls across his shoulders - no; her shoulders. Drace is a woman!
"It is true, Xie. I am Samhus Drace, daughter of Helenor of Amanazak. And long have I watched you. Take me, Xie! I know you dream of me as I dream of you; you haunt me Xie! Take me! Take me like an aminal Xie!"

Just then Court Wizard Caxagord walks.
"Drace, you're a women? How could this be?"
"I'm sorry, Caxagord!"
"I know."
"It's okay."

Caxagord turns to Xie.
"It is indeed your duty to go to the meeting Xie. It will be on the Summertide." laughed the man.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:04 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Alterac
A moment of silence passes. Drace then looks up graciously, and takes off his helmet. Golden hair falls across his shoulders - no; her shoulders. Drace is a woman!
"It is true, Xie. I am Samhus Drace, daughter of Helenor of Amanazak. And long have I watched you. Take me, Xie! I know you dream of me as I dream of you; you haunt me Xie! Take me! Take me like an aminal Xie!"

"I'm sorry, Caxagord!"
"I know."
"It's okay."

Caxagord turns to Xie.
"It is indeed your duty to go to the meeting Xie. It will be on the Summertide." laughed the man.
[All hail Timolas, the new demigod of SoL!]

Last edited by Wulfang; 04-29-2009 at 07:07 PM..
Old 04-30-2009, 12:39 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Quote:
Zinizar seems to contemplate Javali's offer for a moment, but it does not take long for her to accept. Whatever the Archivists mean to her, it is clear enough that she is willing to use her Hareveim to achieve the common goal.
"So be it. If you disband the Archivists, then I will bestow upon you a gift, Javali. We know the secrets of Zinine, and though Hareveim are strictly women, we can found you a new order of male warriors, loyal to you and the Azure Goddess. Zaramim. Battle-magi." Zinizar explains eagerly. "Choose one of your Generals, either Leo or Marius, and I will annoint him as the first Zaramim when the time comes."
I choose Marius silently in my mind as soon as the question is presented. Leo, like me, does not have a religious allegiance, while the other general is a devout Zininist.

Quote:
In accordance with the ancient oaths and honourable traditions of our ancestors, you are called to Fenris Isle on the first day of the Summertide to discuss matters of state with your neighbouring kingdoms.
-Signed, King Alford Menethil of Lordaeron
I idly finger my beard and immediately wonder which magical precautions I can set up in case of any... mishap. Best put an archmage to study all possibilities.

[OOC: How long time is it until this?]

Quote:
Zinizar takes her leave. The dwarf messenger steps forward, a short and stocky figure with a greying beard and a beer gut outlined by his leather armour. He is worn and tired from his journey, but is happy to see Javali.
"I been told you are the man in charge in Dalaran, aye? I bring greetings from Thane Skirvar Thaurissan, regent of Ironforge. I come all this way because he wishes to work with ye. We discovered a black powder which we wish to turn into a weapon, and your researchers may help us in the affair."
I ask him for details. What kind of weapon? What kind of help? How much resources would be needed for the research? Isn't the Thane named Anvilmar?

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:08 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Alterac

"I'm sorry, Caxagord!"
"I know."
"It's okay."

Caxagord turns to Xie.
[OOC]

But funny!

Closed Thread

Tags
collaboration, creative