Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 08-29-2009, 10:02 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamma View Post
So just to be safe, should I just say that my character was born in a little house in near Stormwind? He's supposed to have been born to peasants.
Yeah, I suppose since they've changed up the timeline, that makes sense. If they were peasants (the WC-type occupation), they could live around the Westguard Garrison, perhaps involved in the construction of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
Thinking my warrior should start to migrate away from the naaru (he's young, he's seen very little of their power, hasn't experienced the terror of the Legion) and start following the Titans. I am thinking he'd latch on to Golganneth; a warrior with a good sense of humor that would rather not destroy things, but will do so with a smile. It seems to fit him pretty well.

How would one begin to follow this path?
Another possibility I'd like to throw out in addition is that your character could have been assigned to the Draenei delegation to Ironforge. You know, those folks who came to Ironforge in the TBC trailer. Anywhoo, perhaps he crossed paths with members of the Explorer's Guild.

Considering they're curious sorts, they might have even made him an honorary member?

Last edited by Fordragon; 08-29-2009 at 10:06 PM..
Old 09-17-2009, 09:22 AM

Elune

I know this is way too ridicilously early to ask but anyone got any ideas for Worgen characters? I was sorta hoping to roleplay as this Manly chest haired Lumber jack who likes to act as a trasvestite in the local bars , but how much do we know about Gilneas?

Judging from the Gilneasian Male art. They very well might have some Wolf symbolism as an important aspect even before the Worgen curse and maybe they even had Were wolves as this folklore thing? They have tophats which are always cool, but whenever i think of Victorian London people all i can think about is Sherlock Holmes and Jack the Ripper.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:18 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
I know this is way too ridicilously early to ask but anyone got any ideas for Worgen characters? I was sorta hoping to roleplay as this Manly chest haired Lumber jack who likes to act as a trasvestite in the local bars , but how much do we know about Gilneas?

Judging from the Gilneasian Male art. They very well might have some Wolf symbolism as an important aspect even before the Worgen curse and maybe they even had Were wolves as this folklore thing? They have tophats which are always cool, but whenever i think of Victorian London people all i can think about is Sherlock Holmes and Jack the Ripper.
I was going to make a character based off The Hitcher, so... yeah. Nothing says "uh oh" like a cockney werewolf.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:42 PM

Elune

Quote:

Well, Metzen described their temperament as “kinda like wolverine”, so they are probably trying to battle back against the savage berserker nature of their worgen form. Striding the line between man and animal.

We know almost nothing about Gilneas’ culture though. Canonically, there was folklore about worgen before they became abundant though.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:38 AM

Elune

It's question time again! Need some suggestions and whatnot! So anyhow i want my Paladin to be part of SI:7 (Stormwind Intelligence) which is the assassins guild of Stormwind pretty much. So you guys think a Paladin is too far fetched? I mean think about it. They must have Snipers and whatnot too, which we could argue are Hunters withouth pets... If we really wanna force these ideas that is. So why not have Priests/Paladins who assist the assassins?

I wanted this "Black ops" team that pretty much does all the nasty shit hidden from the public eye. Slaughtering people and whatnot for the "greater good" idea.

So yeah, thoughts?
Old 09-28-2009, 11:06 AM

Elune

So long as the paladin believes what he is doing is right and serves the Light, then it should be okay. The wetworks should be “retribution”-style though, not wanton or without actual need.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:29 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

There aren't a huge number of issues with that at all.

SI:7 is Stormwind's intelligence division. So surely they have a few enforcers here and there.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:56 PM

Glaive Thrower

Well I'm currently working on this character wikia, I've wrote quite a bit and I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions, I still have a lot to write, and I will be updating it from time to time

here it is

Character Bio
Old 10-02-2009, 06:06 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
There aren't a huge number of issues with that at all.

SI:7 is Stormwind's intelligence division. So surely they have a few enforcers here and there.
I would say that probably Paladins who do wetwork for SI:7 were disgraced in some way, though. One of the ideas behind SI:7 was to have a group that dealt with problems in ways that more prestigious groups would not. Some of the examples given of such groups were the Knights of the Silver Hand and the Royal Guard.

Perhaps have him have fallen in to some trap in the past, and while everyone agreed it wasn't his fault, public opinion on him was bad and he was sent to SI:7 where he could redeem himself.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:25 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Now that my warrior is taken care of...time for another character!

Dwarf rogue. Horid Blackstone. A straight up knife wielding thief with a taste for engineering and killing Horde.

Last edited by Exxile87; 10-05-2009 at 06:29 PM..
Old 10-05-2009, 08:34 PM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Whoa...

Can I make a wiki for my fanfic universe?
Old 10-05-2009, 11:07 PM

Elune

I have a wiki to work on an indie game me and a few friends are making. There's quite a few free hosts out there.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:29 PM

Eternal

Default Garithos Information

Hi, I'm working on a backstory for a character who was part of Garithos' short-lived resistance in Lordaeron, but information on Garithos has proved to be a little sketchy. I believe the nature of his position has been discussed here before, so it may still be vague, but if anyone has any new information (I didn't read the Arthas book), please let me know.

Now wowwiki (which, as some of you may already be aware, is not always completely accurate in such matters) claims that Garithos was self-appointed and also that he was originally from Lordaeron. Now I'm pretty sure that nothing in Frozen Throne indicates either, and it was pointed out here earlier that the lion crest on his shield suggests that he had a connection to Stormwind (although since the advent of WoW the lion has come to represent the Alliance as a whole). None of these claims are sourced, so it may just be guesswork. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
I realize the question's a month old, but just something else to consider is that while Gilneas will apparently be the focus of the worgen storyline, you could also make a worgen from Silverbrook who may have been briefly involved with (or cursed by) the Wolfcult. They do seem to have a lot of lumberjacks in the Grizzly Hills.

Last edited by Nephalim; 10-29-2009 at 04:38 PM..
Old 11-05-2009, 05:17 AM

Ranger
Send a message via MSN to Lob_SG

Horde Flag

Quote:

Ahh going for the old "hairy transvestite" toon eh? Well can't say that's a bad way to go with it(Check out the pic of my roomate from this past weekend, sheesh).

But on a more serious note I can see Worgen Rogues, lurking in the shadows and taking care of some "official business" on the behalf of the SI:7. And while we're on the topic of assholes, how is old Garithos these days?

Ah a nice serious character thead. I'm slowly working my way back to you baby. Be seein ya soon.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:36 AM

Elune

Yeehaw another Worgen question since i love 'em furry worgen males so much.

Do you think a curse such as the Worgen can help a normal man who lets say is old, crippled and whatnot? Think about a old man who gets this power to suddenly turn into a fearsome Werewolf, wouldn't this idea work? Or on a man with a broken back or shitty legs? Or would the bones not get healed by this curse and whatnot?
Old 12-25-2009, 01:04 AM

Elune

Quote:
Yeehaw another Worgen question since i love 'em furry worgen males so much.

Do you think a curse such as the Worgen can help a normal man who lets say is old, crippled and whatnot? Think about a old man who gets this power to suddenly turn into a fearsome Werewolf, wouldn't this idea work? Or on a man with a broken back or shitty legs? Or would the bones not get healed by this curse and whatnot?
Interesting question. I think it depends on the differences between Worgen and Human physiology. For example, how long does a natural-born Worgen (if there even is such a thing) live compared to a human?

I’m of the opinion that if you’re an old man you’d become an old dog as well. I don’t think you’d get youthfully rejuvenated, but you’d only get gains proportional to a worgen of your own age. I don’t think it would cure you being crippled either, I think you’d just be a crippled wolf.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:55 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

I've got a pretty good idea for my worgen character, but no name quite yet. Since they're victorian inspired, I decided to base my character off Jack the Ripper. He was one of the first to be infected (if they didn't all become infected at once) and, by day, he's a simple accountant at the Gilnean national bank. At night, however, he's a 8 foot tall snarling, cannibalistic wolfman who runs around murdering prostitutes.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:18 AM

Ranger
Send a message via MSN to Lob_SG

That's kind of the character I was thinking about a few months ago Oma, and I think you mentioned it somewhere else long before that and I liked the idea then too. The guy I'm maybe writing for a fanfic thing is a mix between Alex from Clockwork Orange and yeah Jack the ripper. I may just say fuck it though depending on how certain things are handled at launch with the worgen. Either way it's a cool character idea.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:26 AM

Elune

If I were to go ahead and post my orc mage's backstory, would anyone read it?
Old 08-05-2010, 07:03 AM

Lord of Time

Quote:
If I were to go ahead and post my orc mage's backstory, would anyone read it?
I would
Old 08-10-2010, 08:50 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozdormu View Post
I would
I'm reworking it. I want him to be a former scribe that learned to read common, stumbled upon some arcane tomes and realized he had a knack (fuck I hate that word...) for spellwork, and got teased for it. But being ever the optimist (and perhaps a bit slow) Draxar pressed on and became a powerful orc mage, which isn't saying much since there aren't that many to begin with. I'm thinking I'll explain him not being active during the events of Wrath of the Lich King by having him join the Kirin Tor for more advanced studies. Or something.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:02 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I'm reworking it. I want him to be a former scribe that learned to read common, stumbled upon some arcane tomes and realized he had a knack (fuck I hate that word...) for spellwork, and got teased for it. But being ever the optimist (and perhaps a bit slow) Draxar pressed on and became a powerful orc mage, which isn't saying much since there aren't that many to begin with. I'm thinking I'll explain him not being active during the events of Wrath of the Lich King by having him join the Kirin Tor for more advanced studies. Or something.
Sounds like a good start. Have you thought about why Draxar started as a scribe instead of a more traditional profession for an orc, though? It occurred to me that perhaps your mage used to be a warrior but was seriously injured in a battle where magic was heavily used. While recovering he became a scribe to remain useful and began to believe that while being a warrior is good and fine it's not particularly helpful when your opponent can rain down storms of fire and ice. Fel magic disgusted him, but when he came across those arcane tomes and started to understand the differences between fel and arcane magic he decided to give the latter a try and discovered he had a talent for it. Him being a warrior who was seriously injured before Cataclysm and is now retraining in his weakened physical state to become a mage would also explain why he's starting in the low-level zones while allowing him to have played roles in pre-Cataclysm events.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:16 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan Seven View Post
Sounds like a good start. Have you thought about why Draxar started as a scribe instead of a more traditional profession for an orc, though?
It's questions like this that made me dislike the rational behind orc mages in the first place. They just don't normally do things that mages do. Shamanism comes through communion with the spirits, Warlocks gain power through sacrifice in typical black magic fashion, but channeling the arcane is mostly through hitting the books and studying a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Thank goodness Golden handled Rise of the Horde, or it might have started with the tale of the Eredar leaders Archie and Jay being seduced by the power of the Dark Titan Gary while their close friend Lenny fled Argus to escape the corruption.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:25 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid View Post
It's questions like this that made me dislike the rational behind orc mages in the first place. They just don't normally do things that mages do. Shamanism comes through communion with the spirits, Warlocks gain power through sacrifice in typical black magic fashion, but channeling the arcane is mostly through hitting the books and studying a lot.
Which might be what a person who wants to remain useful and powerful would do after being seriously injured in a battle and realizing that his days as a proud warrior are probably over. If he can't fight with his fists anymore, hasn't been "called" by the elements, and is disgusted by warlocks, he might as well hit the books, read, learn, and pursue an unorthodox but still powerful path.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:28 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan Seven View Post
Which might be what a person who wants to remain useful and powerful would do after being seriously injured in a battle and realizing that his days as a proud warrior are probably over.
Somewhere in the nether, Broxigar's spirit heaved a heavy sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Thank goodness Golden handled Rise of the Horde, or it might have started with the tale of the Eredar leaders Archie and Jay being seduced by the power of the Dark Titan Gary while their close friend Lenny fled Argus to escape the corruption.

Tags
arpee, query