Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 10-02-2009, 08:49 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Default Scrolls of Lore at WoWWiki

I was thinking about updating significantly our article at WoWWiki. I have some ideas, but I would like to know your opinion first:

Known members table:
I'd include all the member of SoL at this table, with some features, like:
-Name
-Rank (Moderator, Elune, Wisp, Huntress...)
-Titles/role (Random fun, each user should decide the content)
-Status (Active, disappeared, lazy to post...)
-Registration (Joining date)

Scrolls of Lore membership badge
Something like this:

But SoL style, of course. SoL registered members could add it to their user pages, and we could create our own category for storing our profiles. Something like Category: Scrolls of Lore members.

And more stuff I'll make when I get inspiration. Any ideas or content you would want to be included?

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 10-02-2009, 08:58 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

I like the idea except for the members table, because that would be too huge an undertaking. A badge would be cool, though.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:02 AM

Elune

Members table too huge?

Well, yeah. I imagine it would end up as something like this: http://www.wowwiki.com/Red_dragonflight#Known_members

I wouldn't have any problem making it. After all, I made this: http://www.wowwiki.com/User:Lon-ami/...haracters#Naga

We could make it in a separate page, anyway. Something like "Scrolls of Lore members", linked to the "Scrolls of Lore" page. It would be categorized under the category I spoke off before.

And yeah, the badge is something I've been waiting since long .

PS: If you register, do it with your name. No need to put <name> SoL. Also, some already registered users:
http://www.wowwiki.com/User:Lon-ami
http://www.wowwiki.com/User:Timolas
http://www.wowwiki.com/User:WarlockSoL
http://www.wowwiki.com/User:Cantus - SoL

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Last edited by Lon-ami; 10-02-2009 at 10:00 AM..
Old 10-02-2009, 10:11 AM

Eternal

I agree a nice update will fit.
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 10-02-2009, 10:13 AM

Elune

Cantus why did you remove:

"New folks are advised to word their posts carefully lest they invoke the wrath of the xenophobic loremasters. "Teh leet" is an enemy to all life."

It was a pretty good informative text . Also, no need to create a 100% serious page; it's a fansite page, and we can add some humor.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:44 AM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Cantus why did you remove:

"New folks are advised to word their posts carefully lest they invoke the wrath of the xenophobic loremasters. "Teh leet" is an enemy to all life."

It was a pretty good informative text . Also, no need to create a 100% serious page; it's a fansite page, and we can add some humor.
We're not xenophobic, not all of us are loremasters, and "The leet" would confuse anyone and everyone who's not used to our opinions (even with the linked explanation). Keep in mind who's reading the page, because otherwise we end up looking like racist close-minded assholes.

A better statement would be, "New members are encouraged to research lore themselves as simple questions like "Who is Grom?" aren't looked kindly upon." And "They also see the death of well known or in/famous characters for epic loot as a waste of lore."

The Mad Admin
Old 10-02-2009, 10:57 AM

Elune

Yeah, that would be better.

Feel free to edit it yourself, or I'll do later.

Anyway, if any of you have any kind of doubt about the wikicode or the styles or anything; ask me. After all, I'll be more than pleased of explaining everything you request.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:01 AM

Huntress

I'm not xenophobic... I'm a Fascist.

If you don't follow the lore, you disappear... forever.. and your family... and even little timmy from down the road who always gets the cold during the winter that you find adorable...

*in a deep menacing voice* ... All of them
Old 10-05-2009, 03:58 AM

Elune

All hail Sandwichman; he made us a userbox :

http://www.wowwiki.com/User_talk:Lon...rship_badge.22

Opinions? I'm looking forward your ideas for the badge, so please, give your opinions .

Old 10-05-2009, 09:31 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

I'm thinking a picture of a fist holding a scroll with the middle finger extended.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:38 AM

Elegant and stylish.

Though the simple template someone designed already is good enough for me.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:49 AM

Druid of the Talon

Ooh nice userbox

As for the red dragonflight table Lon-ami, i know. See the black dragonflight known members table for an even bigger one. I've been meaning to move them to a seperate page like we have for the known paladins of each faction and the list of high elf npcs, i just havent gotten around to it plus it sorta slipped my mind.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:01 AM

Elune

Yeah .

It's nice to have a userbox, too, since a lot of people likes to collect them at their user page.

For the badge, I was thinking about something bigger, like the WoWWiki club badge, but it would need work. I could try making a simple one later.

Also, you call that a big template? duh:

http://www.wowwiki.com/User:Lon-ami/Dragon_characters

And they were all together in a single table before I decided to separate them .

Old 10-05-2009, 10:08 AM

Druid of the Talon

Seen the one on my user page?

Thing is i like it that way so i can alphabetize and such. Plus with my monitors resolution i get every character in a single line and it doesn't look bad. But i know in the article it just looks terrible.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:13 AM

Elune

WHoA... xDDD

That's why I don't like user boxes: you start posting more and more and you can't stop until you have the page full of them :S .

Old 10-05-2009, 03:40 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Fridays are host to Warcraft 3 matches and custom maps by those in the community who still play the game.
Been awhile. =/

Warlock, Lord of Scrolls of Lore: Shut up, Timolas
Old 10-05-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
Been awhile. =/
;_;

This Friday?
Old 10-05-2009, 04:46 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Works for me.

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:42 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
;_;

This Friday?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrah View Post
Works for me.

We┬┤ve got a game then.

Warlock, Lord of Scrolls of Lore: Shut up, Timolas
Old 10-05-2009, 08:21 PM

(╯░□░)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

http://www.wowwiki.com/User:Bolvar

I can't believe that name wasn't already taken.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:28 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post

"Sort of like that inn at Sentinel Hill...", someone should check up on those workers.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:07 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
We┬┤ve got a game then.
Indeed.

Type of the day: check the maps before going host, some of them won't work properly because of Blizzgenius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post

Write "{{User SoL}}" under your text .

And Rolandius, if you want it at your page, too, just tell me.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:31 AM

Demon Hunter

Man, I'd love to play WCIII with you guys,

Time zone, So I'm at +9 GMT here, that would be an issue, I guess. Unless you start late in the Friday evening and I get up extra early on Saturday (confusing), but I would still need to leave early since I have school on Saturdays.

Between what times do you usually play?
Old 10-06-2009, 07:01 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Indeed.

Type of the day: check the maps before going host, some of them won't work properly because of Blizzgenius.

Write "{{User SoL}}" under your text .

And Rolandius, if you want it at your page, too, just tell me.
Sure throw it on there wherever it fits.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:27 AM

Elune

Added .

Quote:
Originally Posted by devius View Post
Man, I'd love to play WCIII with you guys,

Time zone, So I'm at +9 GMT here, that would be an issue, I guess. Unless you start late in the Friday evening and I get up extra early on Saturday (confusing), but I would still need to leave early since I have school on Saturdays.

Between what times do you usually play?
Well... the GMT take the shit out of me, but I think we played on 7 GMT or something like that...

Wwould be easier if we knew where are you from, perhaps there's someone from there, too, and can tell you the correct hour.

Anyway, let's move the W3 Bnet topic here: http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...649#post151649