Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 06-19-2010, 01:10 PM

Eternal

I thought the War of the Spider said that they were immune to the plague but could be raised as undead.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:57 PM

Keeper of the Grove

They are immune to the Plague (though I highly doubt they're immune to the Blight Plague...). That was the big problem for Ner'zhul, he couldn't just disease them all, he had to actually send the Scourge (such as it was at that time) against them. I imagine the Dreadlords helped as well.

Man, so much they could've done with the remaining Nerubians...all we got was 1 named NPC, two guards and 4 quests.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:30 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiol View Post
They are immune to the Plague (though I highly doubt they're immune to the Blight Plague...). That was the big problem for Ner'zhul, he couldn't just disease them all, he had to actually send the Scourge (such as it was at that time) against them. I imagine the Dreadlords helped as well.

Man, so much they could've done with the remaining Nerubians...all we got was 1 named NPC, two guards and 4 quests.
What is the difference between the Plague and the Blight Plague?
Old 06-19-2010, 07:53 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
What is the difference between the Plague and the Blight Plague?
By the "Plague" he means the Scourge's plague, and by the "Blight Plague" he means the Forsaken's plague (which they call blight).

The Plague kills people and makes them into zombies, while the Blight Plague kills both people and zombies (often disintegrating them).
The Green Shirt Guy: Hello. I have- I just finished reading stuff yesterday... and I noticed something. It said that Kul Tiras was going to be in the Alliance, but in the beta it's gone, and Kul Tiras is not in the game at all. What happened to it?

Chris Metzen: Isn't Kul Tiras burning in slag? ...from, uh, Blood of Our Fathers? ...No?

The Green Shirt Guy: No, it survived, and, in fact, it is- was around off-screen in vanilla WoW and through Wrath of the Lich King.

Chris Metzen: Right, of course. Uh. Yeah, Fargo, what's up with that?
Old 06-19-2010, 08:15 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
By the "Plague" he means the Scourge's plague, and by the "Blight Plague" he means the Forsaken's plague (which they call blight).

The Plague kills people and makes them into zombies, while the Blight Plague kills both people and zombies (often disintegrating them).
I see. Not sure why he mentioned the Blight Plague though when I was referring to the War of the Spiders.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:42 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
I see. Not sure why he mentioned the Blight Plague though when I was referring to the War of the Spiders.
It's only tangentally relevant. Just felt like saying it, eh?
Old 06-20-2010, 08:54 PM

Eternal

The Lich King released the Plague first on the Nerubians and when it didn't work on them, that's when he sent in the fledgeling Scourge in to make actual war with them. The Nerubians were never successfully plagued meaning any crypt fiends or lords you see have never been Plagued.
In the next few days, a miraculous event unfolds. Birds from every breed and fashion begin to crowd the Pork 'n' Chips' home with letters addressed to Harry. The uncle is beginning to feel the pressure. Harry, in a spiral of depression, turns to the escape of the world of miniature equine aficionada. He produces many a Wine-out-of-Nowhere Spell and is drunk every day before noon. He is only half-aware of his uncle's battle with the birds. The aviary horde perch on everything perchable, tarping the yard, car, roof and all in hawker-like bird waste and, of course, the letters. Every bird revels in the madness it is inducing on Uncle Saltporker. The house, under drifts of letters, molting, and bird shit, now pushes the uncle to burn anything that is represented on paper.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:00 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
The Lich King released the Plague first on the Nerubians and when it didn't work on them, that's when he sent in the fledgeling Scourge in to make actual war with them. The Nerubians were never successfully plagued meaning any crypt fiends or lords you see have never been Plagued.
I thought so. Some stories have it backwards (war first, plague second) so I was confused.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:22 PM

Eternal

What stories are you referring to? I've never heard it the other way until you said it up there.
In the next few days, a miraculous event unfolds. Birds from every breed and fashion begin to crowd the Pork 'n' Chips' home with letters addressed to Harry. The uncle is beginning to feel the pressure. Harry, in a spiral of depression, turns to the escape of the world of miniature equine aficionada. He produces many a Wine-out-of-Nowhere Spell and is drunk every day before noon. He is only half-aware of his uncle's battle with the birds. The aviary horde perch on everything perchable, tarping the yard, car, roof and all in hawker-like bird waste and, of course, the letters. Every bird revels in the madness it is inducing on Uncle Saltporker. The house, under drifts of letters, molting, and bird shit, now pushes the uncle to burn anything that is represented on paper.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
What stories are you referring to? I've never heard it the other way until you said it up there.
I think Lands of Mystery had a version where it was reversed.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:18 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: AndyJP#1205
Send a message via AIM to AndyJP

How do I get my own private slice of SoL like Rolandius? Do I need to misconstrue everyone's posts or organize species in illogical ways?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:20 AM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
How do I get my own private slice of SoL like Rolandius? Do I need to misconstrue everyone's posts or organize species in illogical ways?
No one should ever emulate Rolandius.
The Green Shirt Guy: Hello. I have- I just finished reading stuff yesterday... and I noticed something. It said that Kul Tiras was going to be in the Alliance, but in the beta it's gone, and Kul Tiras is not in the game at all. What happened to it?

Chris Metzen: Isn't Kul Tiras burning in slag? ...from, uh, Blood of Our Fathers? ...No?

The Green Shirt Guy: No, it survived, and, in fact, it is- was around off-screen in vanilla WoW and through Wrath of the Lich King.

Chris Metzen: Right, of course. Uh. Yeah, Fargo, what's up with that?

Last edited by Revenant; 06-25-2010 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: Better wording.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:56 PM

Elune

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
No one should ever try to emulate Rolandius.
Only do, there is no try.

Question:

Was the Curse of Flesh magical, a virus, or what?

Last edited by Rolandius; 06-28-2010 at 07:44 PM..