Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #651  
Old 06-19-2010, 01:10 PM
RobLore RobLore is offline

Eternal
RobLore's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sweden!
Posts: 4,151

Default

I thought the War of the Spider said that they were immune to the plague but could be raised as undead.
Reply With Quote
  #652  
Old 06-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Daiol Daiol is offline

Keeper of the Grove
Daiol's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 606

Default

They are immune to the Plague (though I highly doubt they're immune to the Blight Plague...). That was the big problem for Ner'zhul, he couldn't just disease them all, he had to actually send the Scourge (such as it was at that time) against them. I imagine the Dreadlords helped as well.



Man, so much they could've done with the remaining Nerubians...all we got was 1 named NPC, two guards and 4 quests.
__________________
For the Burning Hollow!
Reply With Quote
  #653  
Old 06-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Rolandius Rolandius is offline

Elune
Rolandius's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States of America
Posts: 6,588

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiol View Post
They are immune to the Plague (though I highly doubt they're immune to the Blight Plague...). That was the big problem for Ner'zhul, he couldn't just disease them all, he had to actually send the Scourge (such as it was at that time) against them. I imagine the Dreadlords helped as well.

Man, so much they could've done with the remaining Nerubians...all we got was 1 named NPC, two guards and 4 quests.
What is the difference between the Plague and the Blight Plague?
__________________
"Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement of the obvious."
George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #654  
Old 06-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Revenant Revenant is offline

Revenant - Moderator
Revenant's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 8,015

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
What is the difference between the Plague and the Blight Plague?
By the "Plague" he means the Scourge's plague, and by the "Blight Plague" he means the Forsaken's plague (which they call blight).

The Plague kills people and makes them into zombies, while the Blight Plague kills both people and zombies (often disintegrating them).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #655  
Old 06-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Rolandius Rolandius is offline

Elune
Rolandius's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States of America
Posts: 6,588

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
By the "Plague" he means the Scourge's plague, and by the "Blight Plague" he means the Forsaken's plague (which they call blight).

The Plague kills people and makes them into zombies, while the Blight Plague kills both people and zombies (often disintegrating them).
I see. Not sure why he mentioned the Blight Plague though when I was referring to the War of the Spiders.
__________________
"Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement of the obvious."
George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #656  
Old 06-20-2010, 04:42 AM
Daiol Daiol is offline

Keeper of the Grove
Daiol's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 606

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
I see. Not sure why he mentioned the Blight Plague though when I was referring to the War of the Spiders.
It's only tangentally relevant. Just felt like saying it, eh?
__________________
For the Burning Hollow!
Reply With Quote
  #657  
Old 06-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Saranus Saranus is offline

Eternal
Saranus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,534

Default

The Lich King released the Plague first on the Nerubians and when it didn't work on them, that's when he sent in the fledgeling Scourge in to make actual war with them. The Nerubians were never successfully plagued meaning any crypt fiends or lords you see have never been Plagued.
__________________
The mirror is warm and perfect, the reflection has no warbles, the form stays true when you move. But as Harry gazes, the mirror activates his magic eye to reveal a secret image. 'Oh, my God! Could it be? Are those my parents?' Harry asks. Harry knows they are dead, but could Heaven be here in this cold, cold reflection? The parents seem to animate and respond, 'This is Heaven's entrance.' His mother, she is beautiful. The guy, he seems pretty cool, too. He reaches out to feel the blue face of his world's perimeter. He wonders what it would be like, what it would have been, if these people would have remained. Harry feels his trapezius along in time with his mother. 'This is mine', they both say in scary, scary unison.
Reply With Quote
  #658  
Old 06-20-2010, 09:00 PM
Rolandius Rolandius is offline

Elune
Rolandius's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States of America
Posts: 6,588

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
The Lich King released the Plague first on the Nerubians and when it didn't work on them, that's when he sent in the fledgeling Scourge in to make actual war with them. The Nerubians were never successfully plagued meaning any crypt fiends or lords you see have never been Plagued.
I thought so. Some stories have it backwards (war first, plague second) so I was confused.
__________________
"Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement of the obvious."
George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #659  
Old 06-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Saranus Saranus is offline

Eternal
Saranus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,534

Default

What stories are you referring to? I've never heard it the other way until you said it up there.
__________________
The mirror is warm and perfect, the reflection has no warbles, the form stays true when you move. But as Harry gazes, the mirror activates his magic eye to reveal a secret image. 'Oh, my God! Could it be? Are those my parents?' Harry asks. Harry knows they are dead, but could Heaven be here in this cold, cold reflection? The parents seem to animate and respond, 'This is Heaven's entrance.' His mother, she is beautiful. The guy, he seems pretty cool, too. He reaches out to feel the blue face of his world's perimeter. He wonders what it would be like, what it would have been, if these people would have remained. Harry feels his trapezius along in time with his mother. 'This is mine', they both say in scary, scary unison.
Reply With Quote
  #660  
Old 06-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Rolandius Rolandius is offline

Elune
Rolandius's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States of America
Posts: 6,588

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
What stories are you referring to? I've never heard it the other way until you said it up there.
I think Lands of Mystery had a version where it was reversed.
__________________
"Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement of the obvious."
George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #661  
Old 06-23-2010, 01:18 AM
AndyJP AndyJP is offline

Eternal
AndyJP's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,992
BattleTag: AndyJP#1205
Send a message via AIM to AndyJP

Default

How do I get my own private slice of SoL like Rolandius? Do I need to misconstrue everyone's posts or organize species in illogical ways?
__________________
...as some ancient astronauts theorists believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus
AndyJP is indisputably superior to me in every way.
Reply With Quote
  #662  
Old 06-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Revenant Revenant is offline

Revenant - Moderator
Revenant's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 8,015

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
How do I get my own private slice of SoL like Rolandius? Do I need to misconstrue everyone's posts or organize species in illogical ways?
No one should ever emulate Rolandius.
__________________

Last edited by Revenant; 06-25-2010 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: Better wording.
Reply With Quote
  #663  
Old 06-25-2010, 07:56 PM
Rolandius Rolandius is offline

Elune
Rolandius's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States of America
Posts: 6,588

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
No one should ever try to emulate Rolandius.
Only do, there is no try.

Question:

Was the Curse of Flesh magical, a virus, or what?
__________________
"Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement of the obvious."
George Orwell

Last edited by Rolandius; 06-28-2010 at 07:44 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.