Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > General WarCraft Discussion

Old 02-10-2007, 06:35 AM

Site Staff - News
Send a message via MSN to Ersinus

Default WoW Action figures by DC

Hey guys check this out.
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=100627
Quote:
Press Release

DC Comics announced plans today to license and distribute collectibles based on the world ' s greatest pop culture characters and stories under a new brand name, DC Unlimited. The first series of DC Unlimited products will be unveiled this month at New York ' s American International Toy Fair, and will be distributed to all retail outlets, including mass market and specialty channels.

DC UNLIMITED TO PRODUCE COLLECTIBLE ACTION FIGURES BASED ON ' WORLD OF WARCRAFT '

DC Unlimited, the new brand launched by DC Comics to license and promote the world ' s greatest pop culture characters and stories, is proud to announce the release of a line of action figures based on World of Warcraft, the popular Blizzard Entertainment Massively-Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG). The collectibles will be unveiled next month at New York ' s American International Toy Fair and will be distributed worldwide in both mass market and specialty channels.

The Warcraft franchise has been a pillar of gaming culture for over a decade and remains the world ' s largest-selling strategy video game with over 19 million copies sold. With over 7.5 million subscribers worldwide, the game creates a unique and interactive environment, allowing for thousands of simultaneous player adventures. World of Warcraft has also been America ' s top-selling PC game since its release in November of 2004.

" Blizzard has created an impressive and interactive universe for World of Warcraft, " said Cheryl Rubin, Senior Vice President - Brand Management at DC Comics. " We are proud to be able to deliver DC Direct ' s expertise in creating and distributing authentic collectibles to World of Warcraft under our new DC Unlimited brand. "

DC Unlimited ' s World of Warcraft collectibles will include PVC vinyl, scaled and articulated figures varying in size. The initial launch will feature a four-figure assortment of 5-8-inch figures, with an additional two-figure set of two 10-12-inch deluxe figures covering the larger characters.

The initial set of figures will include a Blood Elf Rogue, Orc Shaman, Undead Warlock and Dwarf Warrior. The deluxe figures will include a Draenei Paladin and Illidan Stormrage. The first wave of figures is slated to hit comic book, pop culture, mass market, specialty and toy retailers in Fall 2007.

Last edited by Ersinus; 02-10-2007 at 06:37 AM..
Old 02-10-2007, 12:57 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: DrunkenPanda#1589

I've seen the Draenei, Dwarf, Orc and Illidan. They were prototypes, but they still looked pretty awesome. I might get 'em, or I might wait until my girlfriend gets them (She's been dying for WC figures) so I don't have to. We'll see.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:40 PM

Arch-Druid
Send a message via AIM to Kakwakas Send a message via MSN to Kakwakas

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

So there are going to be two companies pumping out WoW figures?
Member #14

Drunken Heathen of SoL
Old 02-10-2007, 04:38 PM

Site Staff - News
Send a message via AIM to Bradford

Its funny that this was mentioned, because one of my guildmates is one that is helping design the next series of action figures. I though he was full of shit until I saw this release. Hes assisting on Vashj right now. The sad thing is that he is not a lore fan and has to ask me questions about her appearance.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:08 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford
Its funny that this was mentioned, because one of my guildmates is one that is helping design the next series of action figures. I though he was full of shit until I saw this release. Hes assisting on Vashj right now. The sad thing is that he is not a lore fan and has to ask me questions about her appearance.
.... Woot. So we can expect a pink Vashj?

And I don't see the points with Action figures. I have never even though of buying them >_>
Old 02-12-2007, 12:04 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative
.... Woot. So we can expect a pink Vashj?

And I don't see the points with Action figures. I have never even though of buying them >_>
If you're a fan and don't mind displaying them, they look pretty wicked as decoration.

Oh, by the way, here's those prototype pictures:

http://consoles.gwn.com/news/story.p...es_Coming.html
Old 02-12-2007, 03:32 PM

Site Staff - News

Im gonna try and get him to send me some picture. He said the blizzard rep didnt tell him much when they spoke, other than the fact that she was big. I asked him what he meant by big??? Did he mean in terms of size or importance? Anyways, If hes allowed to, ill grab a few photos.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:57 PM

Eternal

Finally. The toycom figures sucked pretty bad.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:37 AM

Site Staff - News

Yes the previous figures really sucked, especially i was very disapointed from the Arthas figurine. Only the figure of Muradin was ok.

But the new ones even in prototype state are great. I would love to have that Orc Shaman beside PC. I hope they will do a Human Paladin in future, i prefer them over Draenei ones.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:28 AM

Site Staff - News

Ign posted some pictures of the prototypes from toy fair, they are in color
http://comics.ign.com/articles/763/763994p1.html
Old 02-15-2007, 04:32 AM

Eternal

Whoa, that´s ******** man.

Warlock, Lord of Scrolls of Lore: Shut up, Timolas
Old 02-15-2007, 05:42 AM

Arch-Druid

That shaman looks awesome!
Old 02-15-2007, 02:19 PM

Arch-Druid

They're to scale!? That's awesome! I really, really like these! Too bad they weren't showcasing Illidan or the Draenei Paladin, I would have loved to see those in color.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:46 PM

Priestess of the Moon

I must admit those models exceeded my expectations. Makes me also want to buy one; probably the warlock (who actually looks damn good.) Hopefully they release more - a Kil`jaedan model would rock, or maybe a pitlord of some type.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:41 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tularis
I must admit those models exceeded my expectations. Makes me also want to buy one; probably the warlock (who actually looks damn good.) Hopefully they release more - a Kil`jaedan model would rock, or maybe a pitlord of some type.
A two foot tall Kil'jaeden or two foot long Mannoroth, with matching Thrall and Grom figures.

YES PLEASE.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:34 PM

Site Staff - News

http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/9103.shtml

I wish they would make a pitlord action figure. They, by far, are my favorite race of the BL!!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 10:54 PM

Eternal

Wow those are really nice. I was expecting considerably less. I also like that they've named them. It's a small, simple, ostensibly meaningless touch, but I like it nonetheless.