Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2012, 09:14 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

So John Cena went live on national television, starts a "hoski" chant, calls a woman a "scandalous bitch", remarks that he's disease free and wants to keep it that way, walks off, and leaves said woman sobbing in the ring.

Sometimes, I love the soap opera atmosphere that is the WWE, and pro-wrestling in general.

This Wrestlemania could be one of the best ones since my personal favorite, Wrestlemania XX. For those kids that don't remember that one, it's the one where Chris Benoit became the World Heavyweight Champion after a grueling Triple Threat match with both Triple H and Shawn Michaels.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:30 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
Gameplay-wise they peaked at No Mercy for N64 and have sucked since then, though that's just my opinion. Graphics have obviously improved a great deal.
No Mercy had a great career mode, too. I don't get why it's so hard to make another game where the game changes based on how you do in the ring, not some dialog box.

Like, when you went into the Rumble, the story continued no matter how you did, but depending on whether you lost, came in second, or won you had different matches. I'd like to see one that adapts like that again.

Like, if I take more than X damage in winning I'm an underdog and I go into my next match hurt. Take less than X damage and I am a guy who people don't wanna fuck with because I crushed the guy I fought. Do Y number of "heel" things and I am a sneaky Flair-type guy. It doesn't seem THAT hard.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:43 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: AndyJP#1205
Send a message via AIM to AndyJP

I always liked the Royal Rumble better than Wrestlemania.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus
AndyJP is indisputably superior to me in every way.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:42 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 03-29-2012, 06:14 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
That's why CM Punk is The Best In The World.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:50 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
That's why CM Punk is The Best In The World.
He is most like Tony Stark... they both have alcoholism in their blood!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:53 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Going to be a epic Wrestlemania for sure... Cm Punk and Jericho's match will surely be the greatest along with the atmosphere that HHH vs Taker and Rock vs Cena will bring.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:58 PM

Elune

Quote:
He is most like Tony Stark... they both have alcoholism in their blood!
Jericho and Punk have really built towards their match extremely well. I can't pick a winner, because both of them are in my top five.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:11 PM

Elune

Best Wrestlemania in a decade.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:12 PM

Needs A Hug

Wrestling is fake.

:|
Old 04-01-2012, 10:53 PM

Elune

Quote:
Totally Agree.

Quite shocked Rock won still... I expected Cena to win and it ending in a similar moment to how Rock vs Hogan ended a few years back.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:56 PM

(╯į□į)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Having given no fucks and watched none of it, here's what I observed from assorted twitter comments and such:

1. Daniel Bryan got screwed. Or something. I'd like to care, but I just can't. Not after he refused to wait to cash his MitB contract like he said he would.

2. Funny how people love this Undertaker streak bullshit, apparently. Dude is stupidly old right now, and the notion of him having a 20-0 streak at Wrestlemania is absurd. I get we're supposed to suspend our disbelief a bit for the WWE, but we're not going full retard for the sake of entertainment. Then again, most "attitude era" fans who are still around are indeed full-throttle retards.

3. CM Punk beat some guy I never heard of. I guess the fact that I watched WWE for a period of about four months last year didn't introduce me to all the players. Which is stupid. They were mugging the Cena/Rock match that long ago. The title match is a guy who wasn't on any card at all 6 months ago. How does that happen? Don't you, like, earn title shots? Shouldn't one expect to have to be active for at least a full year prior to getting a shot at the biggest title in the sport? I guess not.

4. Let's get this straight: The WWE just had their most active and marketable talent LOSE in the biggest PPV of the year to a guy who (like the aforementioned Undertaker) shows up once a year to perform. I mean, I don't even like Cena, and I think he's been screwed here. How the fuck do they sell him to the fans now? Hey, here's John Cena. He's awesome, but apparently, not good enough to beat a guy who only wrestles once a year. Oh, wait, I forgot - WWE fans are apparently retards who still think the attitude era is awesome and are fine with aging retreads from that period showing up annually to faceroll the current talent. Nevermind.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:30 AM

Elune

CM Punk faced Chris Jericho.... He has been around for 16 years in the Wrestling business and is best known for his Mic Skills, Wrestling skills and the fact that he beat the Rock and Austin in the same night to become the Undisputed Champion (He won both the World Heavyweight Championship and the WWE one).

He has certainly already earned his chance at facing Punk at Wrestlemania and they seriously had the best match of the night for sure. HHH and Takers match was great because of how much of a Rollercoaster match it was due to the fact that it had good build up and HHH would have been a great candidate to defeat the Streak if it was not going to a Young talent.

Seriously those two matches alone were better than the previous two Wrestlemania's.

Daniel Bryan was deffinatly screwed though but only because the match lasted like 18 seconds... I expected him to lose but just not like that.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:23 AM

Eternal

I didn't watch it as I barely watch any of it on regular TV anymore, but that crowd should have erupted in boos after the Bryan Danielson match. I bet there is a rematch though.

Undertaker might retire with his undefeated streak, but it would do no good if he lost his first wrestlemania to someone like Triple H or Shawn Michaels. It needs to be against someone younger who can launch their career from it.

The rumor is that next year's main event is Brock Lesnar vs The Rock. That's gotta piss off everyone backstage, for two guys that will wrestle once or twice a year to take the spotlight.

I agree with Bolvar about Cena losing to the Rock. It doesn't make any sense. Cena is a wrestler, Rock is a movie star now. Rock doesn't need to get over. They should have turned Cena heel, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
Wrestling is fake.

:|
So are your girlfriend's orgasms!

Quote:
Old 04-02-2012, 07:17 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
I didn't watch it as I barely watch any of it on regular TV anymore, but that crowd should have erupted in boos after the Bryan Danielson match. I bet there is a rematch though.

Undertaker might retire with his undefeated streak, but it would do no good if he lost his first wrestlemania to someone like Triple H or Shawn Michaels. It needs to be against someone younger who can launch their career from it.

The rumor is that next year's main event is Brock Lesnar vs The Rock. That's gotta piss off everyone backstage, for two guys that will wrestle once or twice a year to take the spotlight.

I agree with Bolvar about Cena losing to the Rock. It doesn't make any sense. Cena is a wrestler, Rock is a movie star now. Rock doesn't need to get over. They should have turned Cena heel, though.

So are your girlfriend's orgasms!
Rock going over makes me think a rematch will be in store... It is a good move since Cena is not a upcoming star but a fully fledged one and him winning would generate him more hate. Rock winning clean though makes me think the entire match was just meant to be a crowd pleaser since Rock was the obvious favourite (even though Cena actually cut better promo's than him prior to the match).

Lesner being involved makes me think a tripple threat will be in store honestly but for some reason i feel like next year Kurt Angle might headline against CM Punk (i could see Kurt return once his contract ends). Kurt vs Punk is a dream match if given time that i just want to see despiratly. With more and more Wrestlers only have part time involvement with WWE like Jericho/Rock etc makes me think Kurt will do the same since the only thing he hated about WWE was the strict regime.

Last edited by Ku'ja; 04-02-2012 at 07:20 AM..
Old 04-02-2012, 07:21 AM

Elune

Oh boy,i sure can't wait till Cena starts talking in his sad voice that he disappointed his fans.That homeless power ranger.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:39 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Oh boy,i sure can't wait till Cena starts talking in his sad voice that he disappointed his fans.That homeless power ranger.
Tonight could be epic if Cena does a Heel turn... He wrestled like a Heel against the Rock for sure (constantly avoiding hits and leaving the ring etc). Face Cema might talk about the match a bit then just ignore it which will surely irritate the fuck out of me.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:30 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
4. Let's get this straight: The WWE just had their most active and marketable talent LOSE in the biggest PPV of the year to a guy who (like the aforementioned Undertaker) shows up once a year to perform. I mean, I don't even like Cena, and I think he's been screwed here. How the fuck do they sell him to the fans now? Hey, here's John Cena. He's awesome, but apparently, not good enough to beat a guy who only wrestles once a year. Oh, wait, I forgot - WWE fans are apparently retards who still think the attitude era is awesome and are fine with aging retreads from that period showing up annually to faceroll the current talent. Nevermind.
I have to disagree here. Cena may actually benefit from this, particularly since the most constant criticism lobbed his way is that he is an unbeatable superman, to the point where in my opinion pretty much nobody on the active roster can seriously be portrayed as a legitimate threat to him. It isnít as if John Cena needs to be elevated furtherÖ heís already reached the top, stayed there for nearly a decade, and become oversaturated. What does he really get if he defeats the Rock? Just more of a negative response from the Rock fans.

This is very common with the top star in the WWE. It happened with Steve Austin and it also happened to the Rock. I have always been a fan of both, and I think they were great talents, but there came a point where after years of overwhelmingly kicking everyoneís ass, I didnít want to see the same thing anymore. They eventually turned them heel or reinvented them in some way to keep them interesting, but for whatever reason they have been reluctant to allow any change to the John Cena status quo for so many years and I think that, more than anything, is the basis of many fanís frustration. I think if this match does serve as the basis for a heel turn, that is exactly what Cena needs.

And it isnít like he lost to some schlep who only wrestles once a year. He lost to the Rock, who is a legitimate legend, and he isnít so old as to be rendered over the hill. Iíll add that in greater career terms, right now Rock did need a win more than John Cena. If the Rock canít beat Cena, how can he be expected to convincingly defeat Cobra this summer in G.I. Joe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
(even though Cena actually cut better promo's than him prior to the match).
I whole-heartedly disagree.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:53 PM

Eternal

That is in fact, IF Cena does turn heel. Wouldn't be the first time WWE has dropped the ball. I personally wish he would go back to doing rap insults before he wrestles. I think that's when everybody started liking him.

Quote:
Old 04-02-2012, 04:17 PM

Elune

The fact Bolvar doesnt know Jericho makes me sad. He's possibly my favorite wrestler of all time.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:30 PM

Elune

Quote:
That is in fact, IF Cena does turn heel. Wouldn't be the first time WWE has dropped the ball. I personally wish he would go back to doing rap insults before he wrestles. I think that's when everybody started liking him.
Well, like I said, for some reason they have an extreme aversion to changing the Cena status quo. He can routinely get booed out of the building, even in his home town, and they just will not book him any differently.

I think theyíre afraid that since kids gobble up his shit, there is nobody to replace him. CM Punk has a distinctly more mature fanbase.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:40 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Having given no fucks and watched none of it, here's what I observed from assorted twitter comments
Stopped reading there.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:19 PM

Elune

Best Raw in a fucking year and it was honestly as good as Mania ! The Crowd was amazing with everyone reacting to Bryan's defeat by spam chanting Yes ! and chanting for most of the Heels..

Rock is going for the Title which makes a Punk vs Rock inevitable since Jericho is touring soon...

Quote:
I whole-heartedly disagree.
It was when Rock was taken off guard by Cena that he was actually doing better on the Mic.. I honestly did not see the good ol Rock finally come back till tonights promo that just felt right.

AND THEN LESNAR TURNED UP AND USED THE F-5 on CENA.....

So damn epic... Do not think i have been this pumped for so long.

Last edited by Ku'ja; 04-02-2012 at 08:33 PM..
Old 04-02-2012, 08:26 PM

Eternal

Oh right, Cena uses the same move, right? Is that going to be the whole basis for their feud?

Quote:
Old 04-02-2012, 08:30 PM

Elune

Quote:
Oh right, Cena uses the same move, right? Is that going to be the whole basis for their feud?
There moves are stupidly similar but Lesnar actually makes it look painfull when he throws them which makes the move feel completely different for me...

Lesnar has always been one of my favourites since forever since he was one of the Big guys that could Wrestle (if they had Chemistry in the ring). His matches with Angle and Rock were epic in comparison to most matches we see today that do not involve Dolph, Punk, Jericho and D Bryan.

Last edited by Ku'ja; 04-02-2012 at 08:32 PM..