Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 05-19-2011, 07:21 PM

Arch-Druid

Here's the news I've gathered, sources from magazine GameInformer, and a Taiwan's video game media Gamer.com.tw

Please noted that the game is still under developement, anything mentioned could still got change or modified in the future. And here's also a lot of spoilers, I know some of them may be a re-post, but there are still something new.

Mass Effect 3 will not be the last saga of the story of Mass Effect, but it will be the last chapter of our dear Commander Shepard's compaigns.

There will be more complicated talent / skill trees.

If shepard died in the Mass Effect 2, you can't import this save to Mass Effect 3.

There will be more types of melee attack as well as the improvement of squads members covering each other during combat.

Normandy II will not be shot down again. Instead, the Alliance will gain control of Normandy II and upgrade it to Normandy III.

Squads members will be 2 types, one is permanant which you can take him/she whenever you want until he/she died or leave due to your decision. Another type is they will join you during specific missions or assignments only, like Liara T'soni in Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker.

All characters from Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 will return at some degrees, provides they survived the event of the 2 games. Some as your squads members, some as your temporary squads members, some as normal NPCs.

Decisions from Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 will impact the story in Mass Effect 3.

Shepard will visit the salarian, turian, asari, geth, quarian, krogan's homeworld, as well as human's homeworld, Earth.

The story began at Earth, where Commander Shepard was charged of genociding 300k bartarian civilians during the event of the Arrival. Then the reaper invasion started. Shepard need to escape into Normandy III and started to look for the allies in order to defeat the reapers before Earth is completely destroyed.

The Illusive Man and Cerberus had allied themselves with the reapers, where Shepard is their primary killing target.

Cerberus troops and husks and some reaper-created monters are the major enemies Shepard will engage in game most of the time. The reapers will create some krogan-turian hybrids, asasi zombies, salarian husks. And the race of the last Shadow Broker before Liara replaced, the yahgs, will also make their cameo in Mass Effect 3.

There will be multi-races cooperating battle. Like Shepard and his squads riding krogan battle tanks against a reaper while turian fighters attacking the reaper from above.

Shepard might sacrifice some of his squads during Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 to complete his mission, but in Mass Effect 3 he may need to sacrifice a whole civilization in order to save others.

While the reapers made an all-out invasion, there are still some bitterness and confliction between the lesser races. Human and batarian, quarian and geth, salarian and krogan. Shepard's decisions and actions will set them toward their fates.

Rachni survived as a race in Mass Effect will be a huge impact to Mass Effect 3.

Last edited by Curll; 05-19-2011 at 07:29 PM..
Old 05-19-2011, 08:10 PM

Eternal

A shame the Illusive man is the enemy.

A beloved archetype of modern era!" - Kir the Gul'dan
Old 05-19-2011, 08:24 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Eliphas View Post
A shame the Illusive man is the enemy.
Its doesn't really seem to make sense. Maybe he got indoctrinated.

Me, myself, I was never a fan of the Illusive Man. I couldn't really disagree more with his human supremacy agenda and the methods he used to advance it, but goddamnit, he was Martin Sheen, and Martin Sheen is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 05-19-2011, 08:41 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Its doesn't really seem to make sense. Maybe he got indoctrinated.

Me, myself, I was never a fan of the Illusive Man. I couldn't really disagree more with his human supremacy agenda and the methods he used to advance it, but goddamnit, he was Martin Sheen, and Martin Sheen is awesome.
Here's my theory. The Cerberus people in the facility on the damaged reaper were all indoctrinated and converted into husks, abominations. So if we leave the collector base undamaged in the end of Mass Effect 2, maybe the Illusive Man and the rest of the Cerberus got indoctirnated by some of the base's devices just like Dr. Amenda Kenson in the Arrival.

Else, the spoiler didn't really show the motivation of the Illusive Man. I mean, he may ally himself with the reapers, but there might be some sinister ambition or greater goal behind the scene that we haven't get to know yet. This is another theory.

Anyway, we just have to see. I amd so glad that they push back the release day of Mass Effect 3 so that they could spend more time in the developement. Hope they don't make the same mistake of Dragon Age 2 again.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:44 PM

Eternal

They really have to have a good reason if he isn't indoctrinated via Reaper corruption of the mind.

Since although we know the Man to use some...very strange but successful (thanks to us) methods to obtain information and victory, I don't see how there would be any gain from the Reapers if he just wanted their tech in order to create say a super-human-dominated empire.

Or even somehow to 'progress' humanity, but so far if he's corrupted then it's on the working with the damaged Reaper.

If not, well it'll be a wait and see for Bioware's part.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:50 PM

Eternal

The only way id let that pass is if T.I.M. wanted to sabotage the reapers from the inside

Quote:
I wonder if he was right when he said a thousand years from now we will be the gods everyone remembers
Old 05-19-2011, 10:22 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded Chikn View Post
Apparently either Kaidan or Ashley are now the second human spectre.
I always wondered if Kaidan and Ashley were paralyzed in Horizon in ME2, how the hell did they manage to unparalyze themselves at the end of the mission when they pop up to meet Shepard again?

And all of Cerberus is taking out Shepard on behalf of the Reapers? Why would anyone who's prohumans go along with that?
Old 05-20-2011, 08:26 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Aww man, Tim's working with the Reapers? That kinda sucks. Unless he made some kind of agreement where humanity gets to be the Reapers' half-flesh, half-machine assistants that Saren talked about. But still ... kinda disappointing.
The Shaman walks up to a hamburger cart and tells The Vendor Make me one with everything. The Shaman gets their meal, chews it down and hands the cook a few gold and then waits for their money back. Several minutes pass with nothing happening and the Shaman asks where was their change? The Vendor replies Change only comes from within.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:24 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Old 05-24-2011, 01:53 PM

Eternal

So. Much. Legion.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:03 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

New Gameplay Trailer Omnitool Katar ftw.

Kinect Demo

Last edited by Omacron; 06-06-2011 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: Swapped the link to the trailer for one that works
Old 06-06-2011, 11:28 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded Chikn View Post
New Gameplay Trailer Omnitool Katar ftw.

Kinect Demo
So you're going to save the last of the female krogan or something like that?
Old 06-06-2011, 12:36 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Okay, so... why do we need a kinect just for voice recognition? Don't most xbox controllers come with a headset attachment already? Can't the game just have voice recognition through that?

Similarly, for the PC MASTER RACE like myself, can't I just use a USB microphone for that?
Old 06-06-2011, 01:18 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

I am really psyched just seeing Mass Effect 3 in video. It's looking very cinematic. After seeing Shepard's little conversation with Mordin, it got me looking foward to finishing the Mass Effect story in 3.
The Shaman walks up to a hamburger cart and tells The Vendor Make me one with everything. The Shaman gets their meal, chews it down and hands the cook a few gold and then waits for their money back. Several minutes pass with nothing happening and the Shaman asks where was their change? The Vendor replies Change only comes from within.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:51 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Got another link to the gameplay video?
Old 06-06-2011, 02:03 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Got another link to the gameplay video?
This one worked for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBjoi5BiKoc
Old 06-06-2011, 02:33 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: AndyJP#1205
Send a message via AIM to AndyJP

Let's ask the obvious questions first. Is the female Krogan romanceable?
Old 06-06-2011, 02:57 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
It's almost a charred corpse! of course it will
Old 06-06-2011, 03:02 PM

The Digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
Well, Shep did get a mating request after Grunt's loyalty mission...
Old 06-06-2011, 04:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

I was rather underwhelmed by that ME3 demonstration, at least from what I've seen of it. That mech at the end was just weird.

Quote:
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 06-06-2011, 04:49 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
I was rather underwhelmed by that ME3 demonstration, at least from what I've seen of it. That mech at the end was just weird.
Large robots/mechs are not new to the series.
The Green Shirt Guy: Hello. I have- I just finished reading stuff yesterday... and I noticed something. It said that Kul Tiras was going to be in the Alliance, but in the beta it's gone, and Kul Tiras is not in the game at all. What happened to it?

Chris Metzen: Isn't Kul Tiras burning in slag? ...from, uh, Blood of Our Fathers? ...No?

The Green Shirt Guy: No, it survived, and, in fact, it is- was around off-screen in vanilla WoW and through Wrath of the Lich King.

Chris Metzen: Right, of course. Uh. Yeah, Fargo, what's up with that?
Old 06-06-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
Large robots/mechs are not new to the series.
I know, but the design of that specific mech is weird and doesn't really fit, at least in my eyes. That goes for all of the new Cerberus designs I've seen so far, really.

Quote:

Last edited by HalfElfDragon; 06-06-2011 at 05:16 PM..
Old 06-06-2011, 05:38 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I know, but the design of that specific mech is weird and doesn't really fit, at least in my eyes. That goes for all of the new Cerberus designs I've seen so far, really.
THey'll undoubtably make it fit, with all the races the Reapers have killed, there should be massive amounts of alien technology available.

I'm interested to see how the story of ME3 will fit in with the renegade story of ME2. While I always end up being paragon, I was under the assumption that Renegade Shepard sides with Cerberus all the way through. They're clearly shown as enemies in ME3, so how do you go from being the top Cerberus agent to killing them all off?
Old 06-06-2011, 05:51 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
They look like the marines from the Halo series to me.
The Green Shirt Guy: Hello. I have- I just finished reading stuff yesterday... and I noticed something. It said that Kul Tiras was going to be in the Alliance, but in the beta it's gone, and Kul Tiras is not in the game at all. What happened to it?

Chris Metzen: Isn't Kul Tiras burning in slag? ...from, uh, Blood of Our Fathers? ...No?

The Green Shirt Guy: No, it survived, and, in fact, it is- was around off-screen in vanilla WoW and through Wrath of the Lich King.

Chris Metzen: Right, of course. Uh. Yeah, Fargo, what's up with that?
Old 06-06-2011, 05:56 PM

Eternal

Can't wait for ME3.

But will it be Diamonds or just a decent game?
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul

Tags
sexxorz, vidja games